• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amakusa

Best Poppy game ever, I died a lot...

GBtrSgy.jpg

Q8D3vil

Had health regen quint for a while now and i only tried them once on renekton (vs yorick). They are good if you want to play a passive lane. i rather go damage quint on renekton on any normal match up because i like to play extremely aggressive.

Vayne

But in terms of usual top laners, Elise, Riven and Rumble give him a very hard time. Teemo makes his early life miserable, but Nasus gets over it after some time. Garen can give him a hard time too.

Oh mah lawd ranked was upsetting last night. Two games as support, both pretty humiliating losses.

The first as Orianna, I was gonna mid but then the premade bot's only(!) support got banned. It was Leona. -.- So then the AD guy picks Trist anyway, and yeah. I landed some sweet sweet Shockwaves (under turret, hitting four out of five, and making kills) but I couldn't help enough. >.<

Then I got a Leona game, which was going fine for a good while but fell apart with so much flaming and vitriol after a few stupid chases by different team members. Like the Orianna game, I got her ult off at really good moments, but every time my team would run for their lives. :( Then they complained I was just suiciding.

I guess I just can't support my way out of Silver V. Not that it's impossible, but I personally am not good enough to make the plays happen. Gotta pick another role it seems.

Type2

lolgaf, I am in such a slump with this game lately. Ever since I let my rank decay back into bronze 1 I've been on some pretty bad losing streaks and also picking up a shitty attitude. I want to blame my teams I really do. People split pushing when nexus is under threat, refusal to peel for the adc, reckless early tower dives and other stupid decisions plague my ranked games. I know there has to be something I can do to improve. My jungler knowledge/ play is pretty good and made my transition to playing support smooth but its a win lane lose game kind of scenario. I am an okay mid and working on my top lane now.

Any advice to help improve communication and get out of bronze again or maybe some champ cheese I can apply for a few games?

For the support mains here what runes do people use for sona?
Im trying out hybrid pen reds and am unsure of which quints to take.

From the thread on the forums:
Sure you get the occasional teamfight at Dragon/Baron, but your designation as "jungler" is practically over at that point: you're just the guy with smite.

These "just the guy with smite" feels. ;_;

Type2

Try flat health quints for Sona. She's way too squishy during the early levels otherwise.

I've seen that on a few pros might give it a shot once I complete my hybrid pen set.

Sigh, I just played a ranked game at 3am....terrible teammates who fed 3+ kills in 5mins. Then bot proceeded to feed vayne and engage in that lane before I could even come down.

Ranked depression.

lolgaf, I am in such a slump with this game lately. Ever since I let my rank decay back into bronze 1 I've been on some pretty bad losing streaks and also picking up a shitty attitude. I want to blame my teams I really do. People split pushing when nexus is under threat, refusal to peel for the adc, reckless early tower dives and other stupid decisions plague my ranked games. I know there has to be something I can do to improve. My jungler knowledge/ play is pretty good and made my transition to playing support smooth but its a win lane lose game kind of scenario. I am an okay mid and working on my top lane now.

Any advice to help improve communication and get out of bronze again or maybe some champ cheese I can apply for a few games?

I feel your pain so much. >.< Riiiiiiiiiiight at the bottom of Silver V and life is pretty frickin' lame.

Yep. Im honestly scared my next game will drop me a division lower.

I guess one nice thing about Silver V (and probably the only nice thing) is that as long as I play one ranked game every 28 days I should be able to stay here, no matter how many times I lose.

Brand is actually quite good right now. Wouldn't put him in secret OP territory but I don't know why he isn't picked by the pros after those buffs.

His damage potential is nuts but his skill cap is deceptively high.

garath

For the support mains here what runes do people use for sona?
Im trying out hybrid pen reds and am unsure of which quints to take.

Remember that as shitty as your teammates are, the other team is likely just as shitty. They'll do the same stupid things (there will be exceptions but in general this is true). The key is keeping a good attitude, focusing on your own play and making sure YOU play as well as you can. A lot of this game is confidence and morale. Seeing someone succeed is uplifting. Try to avoid following up stupidity. It's one thing if one person dies, it's another if it causes a chain of one person after another doing the same dumb things. Your team may not follow you but you can make the right choices when faced with a tough one (don't try to defend that inner turret 1v4, it rarely ends well. Don't facecheck that brush when the entire enemy team is MIA, don't try to stop a dragon/baron 1v4, etc).

If you're really interested in winning, play the generally stronger champions instead of anything niche and make sure you know them well.

Sona runes. I use:

gold/5 quints (yeah, I'm old school.. I like the money)
hybrid pen marks
armor seals
5 MR glyphs
4 Manaregen glyphs

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Best Poppy game ever, I died a lot...
your desktop is really weird.
From the thread on the forums:

These "just the guy with smite" feels. ;_;
as someone who mains jungle i don't really feel this way very often in games.
I guess the nice thing about Silver V (and probably the only nice thing) is that as long as I play one ranked game every 28 days I should be able to stay here, no matter how many times I lose.
this is like, the opposite reaction you're supposed to have. if you can't drop just put in games.

maybe my personal experience with ranked is kind of unusual but most of the time i picked ranked i just want a good game with players of a similar skill level. sometimes i will get kind of down on big loss streaks but the goal is to become a better player, not to rank up. most of the time i go up i am generally just confused as to how i got there. putting in games is the best way to get good.

oh yeh, and have fun and stuff.

garath

this is like, the opposite reaction you're supposed to have. if you can't drop just put in games.

maybe my personal experience with ranked is kind of unusual but most of the time i picked ranked i just want a good game with players of a similar skill level. sometimes i will get kind of down on big loss streaks but the goal is to become a better player, not to rank up. most of the time i go up i am generally just confused as to how i got there. putting in games is the best way to get good.

That's a really good attitude to have. Takes some of the pressure off. I'm trying to get in that mindset but it's hard when gold has been so close so many times.

In general the ranked games are much better games. Normal matchmaking is hit or miss, usually ends up in a complete stomp. Looking later I'll see a HUGE skill disparity in the teams. Ranked will generally at least be similar skill levels minus a smurf just blowing through the ranks.

LogicStep

What's the most aggressive top character? My friend started with Garen now using Wukong but I think he needs someone that's tanky and really aggressive since his playstyle is very aggressive go for kills kinda style.

It's not that. I wouldn't so much have minded losing two in a row - even in normals I'm at least -20 so it's not new to me - but it was just the attitudes and, yeah, the skill disparity, that were really annoying in those games. You're right, I do want to play plenty of games because of my current position. The only reason I'm not playing more is 'cos I'm busy at the moment, I hope to start spamming ranked games more in the next month or so.

That's a really good attitude to have. Takes some of the pressure off. I'm trying to get in that mindset but it's hard when gold has been so close so many times.

In general the ranked games are much better games. Normal matchmaking is hit or miss, usually ends up in a complete stomp. Looking later I'll see a HUGE skill disparity in the teams. Ranked will generally at least be similar skill levels minus a smurf just blowing through the ranks.

I've found the opposite, probably because of the tiny number of ranked games compared to normal games I have. Mostly I get rolled in ranked, but the good games I have are just so incredibly good. I want to stick with it so I can get more games like those. At the end of the day, I want to get better in an environment that provides me a measurement of my improvement. I don't give a good god damn how many losses are involved really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom