• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Nonononononononoonono.

Elise is getting an awesome skin and I'm only silver.

And FFXIV is out. And GTA V is coming out.

I...I might just have to let the skin go.

The race to Gold begins.

(And by that, I mean all the other people, I don't have plans to play ranked until 3 weeks later)

Edit: Wait, GTA V will come out when I was planning to begin to play ranked. Nooooooooooooooo.

garath

Wow. A victorious skin for Elise?

I need gold. Guess it's time to put my tryhard pants on and get through Silver I already. Sitting on like 20lp doing nothing. Was going to start messing with Aatrox jungle again but I think I'll stick to Hecarim, Jarvan and Zac to get me through the games.

Blizzard

Banned
I really want to get to gold, and from Silver IV I -think- I have the chance...but like Achtius said, now that rewards are announced I get the feeling that it might become nearly impossible since everyone will jump in. :p

drawkcaB

So Elise finally gets a skin and they make it only for gold players...wow. I didn't mind Janna being gold-blocked because she has lots of skins but...wow, that's a kick in the nuts.

forgrim

the only thought i had when i read the rewards and thought of everyone smashing into ranked play was...

thank god i made it.

CMON ACHTIUS YOU CAN DO IT

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I kinda want a platinum border to show people how I cool I am...

Soda Cop! To the duooooooooooooooooooooo

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
The way it was written in the beginning made it seem like you just had to attain that level rather than having that level by the end of the season. IE, if you got to Gold sometime during the season you get Gold rewards. Idk.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The way it was written in the beginning made it seem like you just had to attain that level rather than having that level by the end of the season. IE, if you got to Gold sometime during the season you get Gold rewards. Idk.

I wouldn't take that chance honestly.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
They said this is how it would work at the start of the season.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
They said this is how it would work at the start of the season.

Er. I must be getting confused. Scy told me that you had to maintain that rank until the season ends. More specifically, if you wanted gold stuff you had to be in gold before the rewards deadline end in 10/31 rather than have had gold at some point during the entirety of season 3.

Blizzard

Banned
Er. I must be getting confused. Scy told me that you had to maintain that rank until the season ends. More specifically, if you wanted gold stuff you had to be in gold before the rewards deadline end in 10/31 rather than have had gold at some point during the entirety of season 3.
I thought for season 2 it didn't matter where you were at the end as long as your highest point was past the gold cutoff.

In season 3 you can NEVER be demoted below gold unless you get banned or something, or stop playing ranked so long that you lose LP. As long as you play one game every week or two, you could lose 90% of your games and still maintain Gold V.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Just read the FAQ. Rewards are based on highest tier reached, not current.
There are several rewards based on the highest tier you reach during Season 3 ranked play.

Tier Rewards (Based on highest achieved Ranked Queue [solo, 3v3, or 5v5] Tier):

Achieve Bronze+ in any ranked queue: Summoner Icon
Achieve Silver+ in any ranked queue: Profile Banner Trim, Loading Screen Border, Victorious Ward Skin
Achieve Gold+ in any ranked queue: Season 3 medal for buddy and team invitations and Victorious Elise skin

For ranked 5v5 or 3v3 team queues, you’ll earn the rewards based on your team’s highest tier, but keep in mind that you have to have played at least five games with the team and participated in 30% or more of the team’s total games to qualify for rewards.

3395.jpg
No idea if this is legit or not.

Also who is that under Sivir? New Garen art?

scy

It is pretty dumb that the borders are across all game modes.

mad jelly we're getting a diamond border for 3s
I agree but oh well, I suppose

Just read the FAQ. Rewards are based on highest tier reached, not current.

My assumption was that decaying down would still be relevant. Then again, since you can't lose rank anyway, they wouldn't really need to specify "highest rank reached" otherwise.

Pancakes

Nami carries noobs to gold. Confirmed on NeoGAF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom