• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

hey guys, is Karma a decent champ? Just played against one that went mid and she seemed pretty potent?

Karma is a good duelist with a lot of utility and respectable damage for lategame. Her Q is exceptionally annoying to aim properly mid fight though. The hitbox on it is small and it will explode on minions if it hits them, so people can duck behind em to dodge it. If someone goes all in on Karma they'd better know what they are doing though or she will make em look real dumb.

hey guys, is Karma a decent champ? Just played against one that went mid and she seemed pretty potent?
She's excellent. She's really good at 1v1 lanes because of her kit which gives a lot of versatility and can engage/disengage really well. Karma is also pretty good at kiting, and has a decent versatility with roles since she works well without much gold. She falls between a nuker and a supportive mage.

Don't underestimate a mantra'd Q. Lategame it deals 685 (+150% AP), and can be done twice in a teamfight.

Boken

Banned
She's excellent. She's really good at 1v1 lanes because of her kit which gives a lot of versatility and can engage/disengage really well. Karma is also pretty good at kiting, and has a decent versatility with roles since she works well without much gold. She falls between a nuker and a supportive mage.

Don't underestimate a mantra'd Q. Lategame it deals 685 (+150% AP), and can be done twice in a teamfight.
who cares about damage when you can give your team massive speed and shields twice...!??

trick2g is saying phage is broken on junglers (smite a minion in lane for 60 movement speed on ganks)
here is him using phage on volibear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8qy2x90-E

Her shields are so darn weak compared to old Karma though.

I still miss 2 mantras, her OP passive and her OP shields. :( Oh thought you were about to kill me? Here's a 1000 shield. For everyone.

y2dvd

Plays game after a few months hiatus, gets ranked decay. D:
At least I won my first game back. Took an hr though jeebus.
New hero looks cool.

Finally brought Lucian to a real game, also starring bip and Dobkeratops.

Early game was really solid. Their Caitlyn didn't seem to be interested in responding to my harass, and I didn't give up first blood(!). Some silly mistakes got me two deaths and a kill in quick succession and the midgame was painful with some crazy lag and continuing mistakes. Later on I came back to be highly injurious in teamfights, although I'd say I was still carried hard.

(Proper screenshot at home.)

wFwjGwd.png

Boken

Banned
i dont know why i never thought of injurious as a word
Yeah its a word, but it's an adjective.
I played a lot ranked back in season 2 before transferring to euw. Just never found the motivation to start all over again.
The Elise skin is going to be sooo good.

Great bonus that it's a new champion too, so not everybody might not have her, unlike janna.

Plus, shiny game invite notifications!

Leezard

I played a lot ranked back in season 2 before transferring to euw. Just never found the motivation to start all over again.

Well, it's just Elise, so it's not a big deal; unless you happen to like her, that is. If you do like her, you might have found your motivation.

Plus, shiny game invite notifications!

I think this might be the best part of the season rewards actually. I wonder if it's different colors depending on rank or just a single standard invite.

Yeah its a word, but it's an adjective.

Boken why you do this

(I'm using it as an adjective, though, am I not?)

Also, crap, another reason to learn Elise. She looks so cool and stuff, why haven't I played her yet?

Maybe I'll just ignore her for now. If I get to Gold and get her, so much the better. But I have too many champions I'm still only learning. >.<

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
trick2g is saying phage is broken on junglers (smite a minion in lane for 60 movement speed on ganks)
here is him using phage on volibear - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y8qy2x90-E
people have been bringing up the smite into phage ganking strategy since its release. this is generally just a waste of smite, and the investment into phage early game is really pretty poor and offsets early ancient golem. even for the investment phage currently locks you into triforce (an item that is not very good on most junglers, and isn't a good buy in most games unless you have an outrageous lead). honestly phage isn't even a very strong gank item.

i wish you and other people would stop giving this guy attention. he is really the worst.

Boken

Banned
Boken why you do this

(I'm using it as an adjective, though, am I not?)

Also, crap, another reason to learn Elise. She looks so cool and stuff, why haven't I played her yet?

Maybe I'll just ignore her for now. If I get to Gold and get her, so much the better. But I have too many champions I'm still only learning. >.<
You used it in the place of "damaging", a verb
people have been bringing up the smite into phage ganking strategy since its release. this is generally just a waste of smite, and the investment into phage early game is really pretty poor and offsets early ancient golem. even for the investment phage currently locks you into triforce (an item that is not very good on most junglers, and isn't a good buy in most games unless you have an outrageous lead). honestly phage isn't even a very strong gank item.

i wish you and other people would stop giving this guy attention. he is really the worst.
Why don't you go make some jungle videos then?
He'll continue to get attention as long as there is a lack of jungler resources

But nope you just complain and complaaaaaaain

the worst.

CJ Frost v mvp ozone is on right now

I agree, it's silly. Early game Smite is super-necessary for me to get buffs and so on, I don't know why you'd sacrifice that for 60MS to mayyybe make a kill. If you need the MS that badly, get Mobility Boots or something, they're like half the price and only require you to do nothing in the five seconds pre-gank.

I had to laugh at 'he is really the worst'. It just made me think of an objective survey of everyone and everything, which concluded that trick2g is categorically the worst.

You used it in the place of "damaging"

Isn't that also an adjective in that context?

Sorry, I'm not sure now whether you're saying my use of it was wrong or not. >.<

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why are they having ticket sales Saturday at noon when everyone cool is at PAX?
:[

Set dates the 3 times they moved ticket sale times. Blah.

dimb

You used it in the place of "damaging", a verb

Why don't you go make some jungle videos then?
He'll continue to get attention as long as there is a lack of jungler resources

But nope you just complain and complaaaaaaain

the worst.
i complain because he is a racist bigot who propagates bullshit ideas into the community with one sided jungle videos where his team wins in the first five minutes. he is a bad mannered player who plays up being rude to the point where viewers idolize just what an unbearable ass he is in game. there is nothing to even learn from the video you posted. it's a play by play stomp of a one sided plat game where the enemy team falls behind early and has a poor team comp. is that supposed to prove phage as an item?

my computer isn't great and i'd probably have to lower settings and stuff to make videos. i don't have a rank high enough where many people would listen, and it ultimately wouldn't be worthwhile. jungling is really easy and like second nature to me, but it's hard to really sell the ideologies for being successful at it without it being more abstract or higher level.

Boken

Banned
Why are they having ticket sales Saturday at noon when everyone cool is at PAX?
:[

Set dates the 3 times they moved ticket sale times. Blah.
They actually sold them the 2nd time. This is just extra tickets. Sorry man I thought about pming you but I just assumed you knew!
i complain because he is a racist bigot who propagates bullshit ideas into the community with one sided jungle videos where his team wins in the first five minutes. he is a bad mannered player who plays up being rude to the point where viewers idolize just what an unbearable ass he is in game. there is nothing to even learn from the video you posted. it's a play by play stomp of a one sided plat game where the enemy team falls behind early and has a poor team comp. is that supposed to prove phage as an item?

my computer isn't great and i'd probably have to lower settings and stuff to make videos. i don't have a rank high enough where many people would listen, and it ultimately wouldn't be worthwhile. jungling is really easy and like second nature to me, but it's hard to really sell the ideologies for being successful at it without it being more abstract or higher level.
I wasn't serious about the smite phage ganks, I don't think he ever uses it.

I don't know if he's a racist bigot since I don't really watch his stuff - just this time cos volibear, but he was amusing in a FGC kinda way. I think he says some useful things for new junglers like always checking the number of wards Yhe enemy brings to lane Or tells of the enemy Junglers position or how to execute ganks. There really isn't enough stuff out there to help Junglers develop game sense

/shrug

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
They actually sold them the 2nd time. This is just extra tickets. Sorry man I thought about pming you but I just assumed you knew!
I fucked up, just annoyed I kept checking and they delayed it. Even am on their twitter and keep getting feeds of dumb #HowILCS crap. I set my alarm, so I'll see if I can get something working.
Do you know if someone could transfer me a ticket if they bought one?

i complain because he is a racist bigot who propagates bullshit ideas into the community with one sided jungle videos where his team wins in the first five minutes. he is a bad mannered player who plays up being rude to the point where viewers idolize just what an unbearable ass he is in game.

He does sound like a shocking douchebag.

dimb

i saw but i forgot the answer. i think you can skip some of the cutscenes but the text boxes are slowwwwwwwwwwwww. if you make a new character i think they let you skip stuff though.

dimb

wow, another competitive game where zac is the most broken piece of crap to ever exist. enthralling.

dimb

LoL:Zac::Doter:Batrider
At least Batrider is about picking people off and stuff in a way that can provide some entertainment. Zac is literally just walk into the enemy team and press all the buttons.

Flayer

I play a lot of jungle and you often have smite free for whatever. Smite cooldown is short enough that dragon and buffs don't come up enough to fully utilize it, later in the game you won't always be using smite on buffs either due to other people on your team taking them. Using smite on lane minions during ganks is a nice trick to have up your sleeve if you are using a champ that would go for a Phage anyway.

It's not something to play for but it's the kind of tactic that's always useful to have in your arsenal.

dimb

Oh be fair. It's E into the enemy team and press all the buttons.
I think most of Zac's fights in that game did not involve him initiating with E. Everything about his design is just super dumb and extremely forgiving. Like the ultimate...doesn't matter if the enemy team is spread or not, you can still jump between them easily, the whole time going about doing what you normally do with increased damage from the bounces. He does so much damage and has so much mobility that often cannot be stopped and it's all super low risk/low skill. Once Zac is in the fight his E does just become more damage for him to spam and mindlessly use.

Boken

Banned
At least Batrider is about picking people off and stuff in a way that can provide some entertainment. Zac is literally just walk into the enemy team and press all the buttons.
Some people get entertainment from 1v4s

And oh look, a game where a team with a fed zac is losing

Anyway, Thank god for the no more cc reduction on the ult.

Red posts make it sound like 3.11 is the worlds patch. More nerfs for zac blob pickups and base damage nerf on ult I hope
----
Batrider = E, blink, ult and walk away
Win mid all the time
So much skill

dimb

Some people get entertainment from 1v4s

And oh look, a game where a team with a fed zac is losing
he almost won in spite of having a huge gold deficit. also, not really fed, and he was getting caught out at critical moments. the maokai pick was worthless and didn't fit their comp at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom