• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I wish they didn't announce the end of season rewards yet. Sigh. I'm so close but so far. I get to play about 10 games a week. I probably have to play a solid 10 games with a 60% win rate to get to promotion at my current gains. Getting 20-30 and losing 8-11. If I can have a few wins in a row instead of trading it'll be a lot quicker.

But as little as I play it's a new level of stress. I'm absolutely going to get gold at some point if I just keep playing ranked but putting a time limit on it is rough heh. Let's hope I get lucky.

I may even just cop-out and play support for the duration. I'm a combined 9-2 as support (5-0 sona lol). Can't hard carry but can easily influence a win if the game is even slightly in reach.

I really want that Elise skin!

forgrim

That steal into mid rush with all five players with baron...the feels. Before that play it was frost dominating in team fights. Dandy literally changed everything there.

Not to mention shy should've got back way quicker.

That was awesome

New TF... so good... all this speed... hnggh I have to try TF Sivir

nCbZw5M.jpg

TF + IBG

#YOLO

Lissandra is such a lane bully goddamn.

Also, I assume she's the Queen of cc in League? E into the middle of fight, W and spam Q the entire team, R the hard carry and win? I played her twice and racked up a ton of assists and cs.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Why don't you go make some jungle videos then?
He'll continue to get attention as long as there is a lack of jungler resource

I look forward for dimb's "Why this shit don't work in LOL" video series.

First episode he will cover why you shouldn't build IBG and triforce at the same time. After the commercial he will explain why you should just use movement speed quin and boot instead of rushing phage as jungler.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
clearing 500 movespeed is very feasible on many champions with utility masteries. i don't even builds swifties or mobos.

Merovin

Finally brought Lucian to a real game, also starring bip and Dobkeratops.

Early game was really solid. Their Caitlyn didn't seem to be interested in responding to my harass, and I didn't give up first blood(!). Some silly mistakes got me two deaths and a kill in quick succession and the midgame was painful with some crazy lag and continuing mistakes. Later on I came back to be highly injurious in teamfights, although I'd say I was still carried hard.

(Proper screenshot at home.)

wFwjGwd.png

Right I don't remember allowing you all to play without me while I go to work. Serious talks are to be had.

EXGN

Heres a preview of the s4 qualifier event happening at PAX this weekend before the NA World Championship Qualifier:
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Articles:PAX_Promo_Qualifier_2013

the teams will be: CoL, TBD, NWE and COG

I think NWE has the most raw talent out of all of those teams but they are so fucking inconsistent. They are like the CLG of the amateur scene. But seriously, if you have no idea who these guys are, you should look up Quos dismantling TBD with his top lane Poppy. So good.

Edit: Here, did it for ya: http://www.twitch.tv/gglatv/b/443715411?t=3h35m47s

Unfortunately, just about every team is more consistent than NWE, so I wouldn't be surprised if they bomb :(

I hate asking all these unlearned questions, but here's another: thoughts on Draven? I've played him a few times and I like his attack speed and damage output more or less, and I get how you lead the Q to where you want to go...not putting yourself in danger for a catch....but damn he feels like such a chore. I felt this constant pressure of trying to maintain the Q to the point of mis-hitting some minions along the way. It feels almost like its a game unto itself. A quickly fatiguing game.

That said, in my time with LoL so far I greatly enjoy the creative ideas behind many of these champs. Teemo and Aatrox can still eat bags of donkey dicks, but i've found the ideas behind Draven, Zack, Qinn, and many of the others I've tried to be quite refreshing.

edit: also, thoughts on Oracle's Elixir for pushing into Teemo's or the invis bear dude?

edit 2: I also believe I have no figured out the reason for my constant crashing when loading into a match in LoL. Logitech Gaming Software. I don't know why, but I ended that process and the last 10 matches have loaded up without any incident. before then, about 85% of my matches would load and the executable would crash, forcing me to repeatedly launch it over and over again for anywhere from 2-7 minutes before it would finally load the match putting me way behind, needless to say. Logitech Gaming Software has not been a problem in any other game so I assumed it must have been something else like a firewall or Windows 8 compatibility issues in general with regard to LoL. I'll keep an eye on it, but that seems to have been it.

Leezard

I hate asking all these unlearned questions, but here's another: thoughts on Draven? I've played him a few times and I like his attack speed and damage output more or less, and I get how you lead the Q to where you want to go...not putting yourself in danger for a catch....but damn he feels like such a chore. I felt this constant pressure of trying to maintain the Q to the point of mis-hitting some minions along the way. It feels almost like its a game unto itself. A quickly fatiguing game.

That said, in my time with LoL so far I greatly enjoy the creative ideas behind many of these champs. Teemo and Aatrox can still eat bags of donkey dicks, but i've found the ideas behind Draven, Zack, Qinn, and many of the others I've tried to be quite refreshing.

edit: also, thoughts on Oracle's Elixir for pushing into Teemo's or the invis bear dude?

Draven requires some management, yes. It's the price you have to pay to have strong harass with low mana cost. Just remember that it's not a big deal to miss an axe to acquire CS or something else. You can get a new axe spinning quickly enough.

Have you tried Orianna and/or Lee Sin yet? They are pretty much two of the champs that defines League.

Oracle can work, but I often find buying a pink ward or two is enough when laning against a Teemo or Rengar. You can keep vision of the most important spots, and you don't need to facecheck the brush to see if there's a mushroom there.

Draven requires some management, yes. It's the price you have to pay to have strong harass with low mana cost. Just remember that it's not a big deal to miss an axe to acquire CS or something else. You can get a new axe spinning quickly enough.
understood. I was probably just worrying about keeping them spinning too much. I was trying to get 2 spinning, but never could manage it. It was kinda stressing me out.

Have you tried Orianna and/or Lee Sin yet? They are pretty much two of the champs that defines League.
Nope, not yet. I don't have either.

Oracle can work, but I often find buying a pink ward or two is enough when laning against a Teemo or Rengar. You can keep vision of the most important spots, and you don't need to facecheck the brush to see if there's a mushroom there.
will keep that in mind. and fuck teemo.

Newt

understood. I was probably just worrying about keeping them spinning too much. I was trying to get 2 spinning, but never could manage it. It was kinda stressing me out.
Ideally you want to keep 3 axes at all times, two in your hand, and 1 in your Q. If you want to harass in lane throw your first axe at your opponent and don't bother catching it, and then throw your second axes and run back and catch that one. Then you q and you're back at 2 axes. You can always harass with a single axe and run back and catch that if you don't want to stick around.

Boken

Banned
Ideally you want to keep 3 axes at all times, two in your hand, and 1 in your Q. If you want to harass in lane throw your first axe at your opponent and don't bother catching it, and then throw your second axes and run back and catch that one. Then you q and you're back at 2 axes. You can always harass with a single axe and run back and catch that if you don't want to stick around.
By ideally he means this gives you maximum damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom