• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, for some reason EA sent me another beta key for Dawngate, if somebody wants one, just PM me. edit: taken

What's a good roster for top lane? (soloQ)

I'm doing a "checklist" of all the champions I have that can be played in "x" role.

Boken

Banned
Who has the highest PB ratio in League? I'm curious as to how Worlds will turn out as well.

CHN:
igS91kU.png

EU:
WXGrJDI.png

NA:
ixzRZSx.png

KOR:
JHhTo7v.png

-----
noteable changes over this data period: sizeable nerfs to ryze and jayce.

globally contested champions are thresh, elise and twisted fate. interestingly, china has the greatest pick variety - although this is not obvious from this data.

the most recent balance patch in competitive play (3.10) was a large buff to tanks with sustain - zac and shen (spirit visage op) and so expect pax to have those more in contestation. Hopefully Worlds will be on 3.11 or a more hotfixed version of 3.10.

what is a peanut butter ratio?

a number discovered by the ancient americans which prescribes the optimal pb to jelly ratio for maximum deliciousness

jerd

That Thresh win rate is surprisingly low across the board.

TF awesome as expected but we noob Americans can't play him.

Boken

Banned
The Taiwan/HK World Championships Spot will be decided tonight!
t1377769800z4.png

0e8tBJr.png
vs
F3tO1hf.png

This is a winners bracket vs losers bracket final and is a Bo5, with AZB Taipei Snipers having a 1-0 advantage as the winners bracket finalist. Taipei Snipers are the sister team of TPA, and features Mistake, the support player, captain and shot caller of the s2 world championship team. This will be the first time many of us get to see their play. Gamania Bears are a very new team, and has impressed by dominating their group stage at the regionals. There is a very slim chance of an upset, but TPS are hot favourites and considered by some as World Champion worthy.

Countdown, stream link and leaguepedia link: http://esportcalendar.com/index.php?page=countdown&id=n17f7i8q0i6a111vokoqct4094

1 hr before this will be a showmatch between MVP ozone and a Taiwan-allstars team.

===================================================

Follow the progress of qualifiers around the world:

Has Riot revealed who the next VU is for?

I keep hoping it's Heimer.

they will probably reveal it at PAX
it wont be heimer, they said that his skill rework will preceed the model VU. I expect it to be sivir. or Sion. Sivir will be hot thought.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I will always associate that team with the SC2 player Sen for some reason.

garath

Stupid solo queue. 2-2 tonight. Two sweeping wins, one adc that "had to help mom" for 15 minutes in the middle of the game and a game where we just got overwhelmed. Net gain of 27lp though.

47 total. Getting there. 2 months is achievable.

Boken

Banned
No, IronStylus said Sivir is not next.

So it's either

Heimer
Sion
Taric

cant be heimer cos morello said the rework will come before VU

I HOPE ITS NOT SION

And if its taric, he better be fabulous. like, he loses his chest armor whenever his shatter passive is down fabulous

I still think its sivir, iron stylus be damned. he doesnt even work in the VU team

DeadNames

Banned
Finally succumbed and got zed... Holy hell is he good. What's a good build for him? I rush botrk and black cleaver with mobility boots.

jerd

Now 0-4 since being placed... I've had some pretty good games but can't seem to bring it all together in the end. I just dominated enemy garen as Wukong (isn't garen supposed to be a counter?) but he was still so tanky that he could split push with ease by late game. Still was an extremely fun game with a pleasant team. Guess I will resume tomorrow but I'm afraid I'm close to demotion.

Also, feel like being placed as captain is a bad omen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
No, IronStylus said Sivir is not next.

So it's either

Heimer
Sion
Taric
I don't know if they even started Taric yet. His kit needs some radical changes so probably not something that would happen overnight.

scy

LW is a must... He's fairly squishy and more or less useless in teamfights from my experiences.

His farming is too easy IMO.

You only really need Last Whisper once they have some Armor going for them; getting it before they have Armor isn't really gold efficient.

And his teamfight isn't really that bad. Still, his ideal "teamfight" is to just completely remove someone from the fight and then just provide some damage/AoE. He's all about that assassination. What he does after that isn't really all that relevant, honestly.

Boken

Banned
You only really need Last Whisper once they have some Armor going for them; getting it before they have Armor isn't really gold efficient.

And his teamfight isn't really that bad. Still, his ideal "teamfight" is to just completely remove someone from the fight and then just provide some damage/AoE. He's all about that assassination. What he does after that isn't really all that relevant, honestly.
His ideal team fight is not a "team" fight at all. If the fight is split into a 3v3 and a 2v2 Zed is grrrrreat

I don't know if they even started Taric yet. His kit needs some radical changes so probably not something that would happen overnight.
WW is worse

DeadNames

Banned

Meant GA... I always get the two mixed up -_-

Boken

Banned
so roughly how long does it take to go from the bottom of ranked to the top?

say a ballpark for games played, assuming a normal win rate %.

it really depends on how often you win + how many games you play

if youre at the bottom and you win 50% of the time, chances are the system will think you belong there.

------
ranked rating is independant of your normal game rating though, and will be resetting in 3-4 months.

Depends on how good you are.

Fairly recently, Riot conducted a test. They gave full vanilla accounts to all LCS players and asked them to play. Doublelift's smurf went from nothing to Diamond 1 in ~60 games.

it really depends on how often you win + how many games you play

if youre at the bottom and you win 50% of the time, chances are the system will think you belong there.

------
ranked rating is independant of your normal game rating though, and will be resetting in 3-4 months.

I see. Is the system based solely on win %? That would suprise me given it's a team based game typically played with a bunch of strangers who's skill level may or may not be equivalent to your own in any given game. I assume it's more complicated than wins and losses?

Leezard

I see. Is the system based solely on win %? That would suprise me given it's a team based game typically played with a bunch of strangers who's skill level may or may not be equivalent to your own in any given game. I assume it's more complicated than wins and losses?

The system is based on MMR and LP, LP determining your ranking placement while MMR determines your skill level. If you have high MMR compared to your ranking placement (say you have Gold III MMR but you are in Silver II), you will gain large numbers of LP to quickly rise in ranking, while if you lose you won't lose much LP. For the reverse situation, if you (say you have Silver II MMR but you are in Gold III), you will have relatively small gains of LP when you win, and lose relatively much when you lose; until you increase your MMR by playing and winning.

Your MMR rises or decreases depending on how much you win, and against which opponents you lose or win against. The MMR is hidden, and as such isn't as transparent as the old elo system. There might be some more factors. When you are new in ranked, your MMR can rise very quickly, demonstrating the use of the placement matches and the matches after placement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom