• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
damn as if we didn't see Fizz enough already. :(

Fizz is #1 husbando

but if you see one in the enemy team, pick Diana, put 2 points in the shield and bring it up everytime he dashes to you. Almost every Fizz player I've seen is terrible at handling her so either he dies or poles out wasting half his mana.

alternatively, be an asshole and go pantheon mid

le bip

Neo Member
So if I put a ward in the river bush and the enemy mid waits in that bush, should I flush them out or just let them wait there?

You let them wait of course. There are two reasons: he actually wastes time and potentially misses farm and experience in his lane, and his team doesn't get to know where your ward is, diminishing their jungler's - and mid laner's - ganking potential by a lot.

Ocho

So if I put a ward in the river bush and the enemy mid waits in that bush, should I flush them out or just let them wait there?

Once laning phase began? And do you mean jungle not mid? Either way, when you have a ward you usually let them think you don't know they're there and let them waste time out of xp range/creep farm/etc. When enemy jungle, this is essential. You only really 'flush' them out if you can create a kill situation.

Newt

Buying Health and Mana isn't really necessary, however. Like, picking some up isn't really ideal.
You don't buy it for the health and mana though, that stuff is just a bonus. Ez doesn't buy gauntlet for the armour, but it's still useful.

No, IronStylus said Sivir is not next.

So it's either

Heimer
Sion
Taric

You know who needs a VU?

Motherfucking Singed

Singed7.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
I need to learn how to play Fizz. I used to try to go shoes, dorans, dorans, sheen, lich blade / deathcap. But now I seem to just get behind on farm and not kill anyone. My guess is that I am attacking when I shouldn't be, getting killed or nearly killed, and running out of mana. Then the rest of the game is reduced to farming to try to catch up.

Speaking of Diana to lane against Fizz, what are the best champions to lane against Zed? I think I saw a Jax do well against Zed, and Fizz can apparently dodge the ult if you jump during the initial animation, though I'm bad at that.

I need to learn how to play Fizz. I used to try to go shoes, dorans, dorans, sheen, lich blade / deathcap. But now I seem to just get behind on farm and not kill anyone. My guess is that I am attacking when I shouldn't be, getting killed or nearly killed, and running out of mana. Then the rest of the game is reduced to farming to try to catch up.

That's pretty much how you build him. Zhonya's and Void Staff are also really great items.

As for early game, focus on harass. It's easier than most mid champions to last hit with Fizz because of his W passive, which you should max ASAP, followed by his E. However, take your Q first, but leave one point in it.

When attacking, it's usually W > Q > E (but let it drop so that you get the slow instead of activating it again, unless you need to get in range). If you can, initiate with your ult. Its slow allows you to catch up and do INSANE damage.

Boken

Banned
You know who needs a VU?

Motherfucking Singed

Singed7.jpg
As an avid singed player, I still think other people would benefit more from a vu

Speaking of Diana to lane against Fizz, what are the best champions to lane against Zed? I think I saw a Jax do well against Zed, and Fizz can apparently dodge the ult if you jump during the initial animation, though I'm bad at that.
Faker did really well as Orianna against Zed!

le bip

Neo Member

Orianna can survive without many problems, Swain is quite a hard lane for zed, and Irelia completely destroys him, no matter what. These are the ones that come to my mind right now, there are probably many more.

Just a reminder GAF, second salvo of tickets go on sale this saturday. I decided to bank my $50 tickets I had(Because I couldn't choose any other ones :/) for $900 and take a shot at these.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
That's what I hear. I'm going to cop out and support my way there. Nami is the silver bullet when I can't get sona.

Just sucks that I refunded her and am buying again Haha.

Supporting might not be as easy as you think.

Random thought: Not sure how I feel about Vlad. I went top with him and had a really hard lane. Solo vs Aatrox AND Yi, who were pushing the shit out of the lane. I could only do so much sustain. Our jungler couldn't find an angle to get into the lane because it was warded so I was pretty much alone for the first 20 minutes of the game. (or better said: nobody really came top to help for 20 minutes. I rotated occasionally but was somewhat preoccupied trying to keep them off the T2)

I finished 8/8/17, I think it was. The Q and R's late did work. The E...couldn't find a way to really use it well in fights. It was fine for farming. W just felt shitty. I think I'll try him once more maybe at mid or maybe i can hope for a more reasonable solo 1v1 top setup, but he's probably not going to be one of my pickups. Though...my somewhat frustrating experience may be more about not having help for 20 minutes and not finding good usages for his W and E in fights more than anything.

Oddly enough, I rarely see Fizz. I think I've played about 5 games with/against him in total.

consider yourself fortunate. nothing feels worse than getting smoked by Fizz because you just feel bad. your HP just...iono. it just disappears.

#1 lol hero na

tru factz

I believe it.

Fizz is #1 husbando

but if you see one in the enemy team, pick Diana, put 2 points in the shield and bring it up everytime he dashes to you. Almost every Fizz player I've seen is terrible at handling her so either he dies or poles out wasting half his mana.

alternatively, be an asshole and go pantheon mid

*takes notes*

I'm pretty sure about 80% of the Fizz's i've played against styled on my team. You just feel like you're being trolled. lol. I'll take note of that Diana recommendation. I've really grown to like her, so I'll keep that in my back pocket.

will be buying Fizz.

garath

Supporting might not be as easy as you think.

I'm 12-2 supporting as i recall and about 50% win rate jungling. By cop out I mean I'm probably better in that control role than trying to carry from the jungle. I really like jungling but it might be time to admit I'm better at support.

I know it's a tough and underappreciated role. I'm convinced a lot of games are lost because someone gets stuck in the role and has no clue how to do it and has no will to get better at it.

Boken

Banned
Random thought: Not sure how I feel about Vlad. I went top with him and had a really hard lane. Solo vs Aatrox AND Yi, who were pushing the shit out of the lane. I could only do so much sustain. Our jungler couldn't find an angle to get into the lane because it was warded so I was pretty much alone for the first 20 minutes of the game. (or better said: nobody really came top to help for 20 minutes. I rotated occasionally but was somewhat preoccupied trying to keep them off the T2)

I finished 8/8/17, I think it was. The Q and R's late did work. The E...couldn't find a way to really use it well in fights. It was fine for farming. W just felt shitty. I think I'll try him once more maybe at mid or maybe i can hope for a more reasonable solo 1v1 top setup, but he's probably not going to be one of my pickups. Though...my somewhat frustrating experience may be more about not having help for 20 minutes and not finding good usages for his W and E in fights more than anything.
vlad is a short ranged durable mage with a weak early game, scaling very well with levels and items. he is bad in a 1v2 because he isn't very good at last hitting under tower.

Vlad is one of the champions where ghost is better than flash. You need it to stick in the fight so you can spam E for a bunch of AOE dmg, and slow a bunch of people with your W.

I think the W is pretty good in a team fight, especially with zhonyas. you would ghost in, ult the enemy team, E them all, and W once youve baited them into attacking you and puddle underneath them to slow them for your team to catch up. then you reappear, E Q some more and zhonyas once you get low. maybe your W will be back up again too.

vlad is a short ranged durable mage with a weak early game, scaling very well with levels and items. he is bad in a 1v2 because he isn't very good at last hitting under tower.

Vlad is one of the champions where ghost is better than flash. You need it to stick in the fight so you can spam E for a bunch of AOE dmg, and slow a bunch of people with your W.

I think the W is pretty good in a team fight, especially with zhonyas. you would ghost in, ult the enemy team, E them all, and W once youve baited them into attacking you and puddle underneath them to slow them for your team to catch up. then you reappear, E Q some more and zhonyas once you get low. maybe your W will be back up again too.

*takes furious notes*

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Why am I getting crazy deja vu from this post?

Did you quit dorta?

Nah. Just thought I'd give LoL another go now (played for 2 weeks or so in 2011) that I know how to play Moba's to some degree and take a recess from Dota. Playing one game all the time can turn into work after awhile, which is how Dota started feeling at higher levels. Just stressful. I think I needed an alternative challenge and this is certainly providing it. It feels like starting all over, but with a lot of past experience since a lot of the basics carry over directly. It's just a matter of understanding what all these champs do.

I'm very much enjoying myself, though I appear to be approaching that range of levels where people are pricks. I was hoping that wasn't going to happen for some reason. Maybe because everyone was so pleasant in the early levels.

In other news

d9bg.png

will support your team. $19.99/hour no problem.

Boken

Banned
Nah. Just thought I'd give LoL another go now (played for 2 weeks or so in 2011) that I know how to play Moba's to some degree and take a recess from Dota. Playing one game all the time can turn into work after awhile, which is how Dota started feeling at higher levels. Just stressful. I think I needed an alternative challenge and this is certainly providing it. It feels like starting all over, but with a lot of past experience since a lot of the basics carry over directly. It's just a matter of understanding what all these champs do.

I'm very much enjoying myself, though I appear to be approaching that range of levels where people are pricks. I was hoping that wasn't going to happen for some reason. Maybe because everyone was so pleasant in the early levels.

In other news

d9bg.png

wont lie, your normal MMR is pretty bad if you dont have junglers 85% of the time

or maybe i remember nothing about level 20-30

After 187 games...

3v3 gold = silver solo queue

unless youre riot

In other news

d9bg.png

I understand what you mean by the work part even though I was never in high level matchmaking. Playing with friends is the best but for solo players you just have to deal with the bm players.

I like playing Dominion a lot just because it's short so even if I run into a rude player I'll be playing with them for less amount of time compared to the other modes. For sure, like with dota once you learn what every hero does it's a lot easier compared to the beginning when you have no idea what anyone does.

Boken

Banned
apparently corki's WR went up to 52%.
Some people are saying this is due to AP corki, and not TF buff.

How does AP corki even work?
Maybe i should try it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom