• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Well my direct deposit from payroll went into the AMEX card today. $20. Let's see if the 10k rp shows up. The other 2k went in very quickly. If so, happy day. Don't have to buy RP for quite a long time.

garath

Bought Nami last night with ip. Gonna buy Fizz when I get home from work. Can't wait to play later.

Yeah. I decided to rebuy Nami as well. Been ages since I played her though. Should probably play a normal or two before jumping into ranked with her.

Fizz looks like fun. Should be a good time.

Edwardo

Yeah. I decided to rebuy Nami as well. Been ages since I played her though. Should probably play a normal or two before jumping into ranked with her.

Fizz looks like fun. Should be a good time.

Yea, I needed another support to play more than anything. I've lost my last couple games as Janna so I want to put her aside for a little while. Leona isn't doing it for me right now. Blitz is banned every game. I've never had a good game in ranked as Lulu. And I prefer playing Karma mid over support. So Nami is next for me to try. I was considering Thresh as well, but he's up there with Blitz in getting banned just about every game.

Last night before I went to sleep I watched a little of this guy on twitch who only plays Fizz to challenger, so that I could see some more gameplay. Should be fun learning him.

Mothman91

Man, fuck Fizz. I've had the worst luck against him. Each time I picked Anivia I would be matching up against Fizz. Can't do shit against him bc of his jump.

garath

arent you from EU?

Nope, US.

edit: There it is

WDfU6VA.jpg

Boken

Banned
R9bKspS.png

NA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP QUALIFIERS @ PAX

Streams: [twitch.tv] | [youtube] | [azubu]

Day 1
(NWE v COG 3 hrs before this!)
t1377892800z4.png

match 1 - CLG v TSM - [Preview]
match 2 - CRS v DIG - [Preview]

Day 2 - the winners on this day go to Worlds!
(CoL v TBD 3hrs before this!)
t1377979200z4.png

Relegation Match (loser goes to up-downs for season 4) - losers day1
World Championship Spot 1 - Cloud 9 v tbd
World Championship Spot 2 - Vulcun v tbd

Day 3
(Spring Qualifiers Finals 3 hrs before this!)
t1378065600z4.png

World Championship Spot 3 - 3rd place match
NA Championship match (seeding purposes)

Bracket - Top 3 go to Worlds, 6th place goes to up and down matches for Season 4
y9sgM0t.png

lolesports - [Preview]

Spring Promotional Qualifiers
This qualifier tournament is to determine a team that will be able to play in the Season 4 Promotional matches to enter the LCS. There will be one match 3HRS before the beginning of each NA Regionals day.
TEAMS: New World Order, Cognitive Gaming, CompLexity, To Be Determined (ex-FXO)
Dont know about the teams or their history? - [Leaguepedia Preview]
Bracket: http://i.imgur.com/kQZ0SLd.png
=============================================================================================================

l00mW9M.png

A new, small set of last minute tickets for the Staples Centre Finals will go up at 31 Aug, 1pm PDT
t1377979200z4.png

axs.com buy tickets to - [Staples Center Finals]
lolesports link - [buy tickets to the other days]

Qualified Teams
SEA
Mineski

Taiwan/HK/Macau
http://lol.gamepedia.com/Gamania_Bears

International Wildcard
GamingGear.eu

EU
1 -Fnatic
2 -Lemondogs
3 -Gambit

KOR
Najin Black Sword

Follow the progress, watch vods and highlights of qualifiers and see upcoming events around the world:

garath

...why 3?

every $6.01-$9.00 you spend with the card you get 3 rp.

>=$3.00: 1 RP
$3.01-$6.00: 2 RP
$6.01-$9.00: 3 RP
$9.01-$12.00: 4 RP
etc.

Yep. Really poor rewards after the initial bonuses. Basically 1 rp per 3 dollars. Insanely crappy. But I'm in it for the initial bonuses and having a pre-paid card for online purchases. I've canceled 2 credit cards and a debit card so far from online sites getting compromised. No more. Prepaid all the way.

Edwardo

Yep. Really poor rewards after the initial bonuses. Basically 1 rp per 3 dollars. Insanely crappy. But I'm in it for the initial bonuses and having a pre-paid card for online purchases. I've canceled 2 credit cards and a debit card so far from online sites getting compromised. No more. Prepaid all the way.

Yea it's whatever. Free rp is free rp, even if you would have to spend hundreds of dollars just to get enough rp for one skin....

Edwardo

Garath, or anyone who knows, how difficult was it to get payroll to do the $20 direct deposit out of your paycheck into the amex card? Was it just a form to fill out? I know the process might be different from company to company, just wanted to see what it was for you.

We need Victorious Teemo and Championship Teemo for S4.

There's a friend of a friend who I play with occasionally and he only plays Teemo and owns every skin for him. That would be perfect for him.. and hell for everyone else.

garath

Garath, or anyone who knows, how difficult was it to get payroll to do the $20 direct deposit out of your paycheck into the amex card? Was it just a form to fill out? I know the process might be different from company to company, just wanted to see what it was for you.

Depends on the company. Typically there's a form that your company's payroll will have for direct deposits. You can choose to split your check any way you see fit among different checking or savings accounts. The AMEX "bank" is a little different as it's not technically a checking account but I called it checking account and it worked just fine.

AMEX has a form you can print out which can double as an authorization form if your company doesn't have one of their own. It also has all the AMEX bank info you will need to set it up (bank name, routing number, account number, etc). Usually a payroll company will ask for a voided check but this form seems to do the trick as well.

My company's controller was more than fine with setting it up. He put it in with the current payroll. I only asked for it on Monday. The only trick is it will continue until I request it stopped. I figure I'll let it go for a couple months then kill it. There didn't seem to be any fine print about revoking the rewards if you cancel the direct deposit but having a few bucks on the card isn't going to hurt.

Will Vi ever get a new skin? lol

I wish :( She's still one of my favorite champions even if I did terribly with her last couple games.

Edwardo

Depends on the company. Typically there's a form that your company's payroll will have for direct deposits. You can choose to split your check any way you see fit among different checking or savings accounts. The AMEX "bank" is a little different as it's not technically a checking account but I called it checking account and it worked just fine.

AMEX has a form you can print out which can double as an authorization form if your company doesn't have one of their own. It also has all the AMEX bank info you will need to set it up (bank name, routing number, account number, etc). Usually a payroll company will ask for a voided check but this form seems to do the trick as well.

My company's controller was more than fine with setting it up. He put it in with the current payroll. I only asked for it on Monday. The only trick is it will continue until I request it stopped. I figure I'll let it go for a couple months then kill it.

Ok cool. I'll check with them on Tuesday since everyone is checking out early for the long weekend.

garath said:
There didn't seem to be any fine print about revoking the rewards if you cancel the direct deposit but having a few bucks on the card isn't going to hurt.

Imagine seeing -10,000rp when you log in....lol...

Blizzard

Banned
I saw an infographic somewhere that indicated it takes approximately twice as many games this season to reach the equivalent of a given Elo from last season. That test with the pros sounds interesting, but in fairness they are going to be the outliers.

Anyone remember that? It was probably on Reddit, but I've made the big sacrifice and stopped visiting the LoL subreddit for a while.
I think this is probably reasonable. The gains do reset if you get past a promotion series, and you can start getting like 18 LP per victory again. But unless you're someone who can get a bunch of victories during/right after placement, I could see it taking quite a while. I'm like 20000 games in and still haven't gotten where my super awesome skills clearly indicate I should go. :p

People like soda cop don't count since they are like plat and don't lose much ranked. D:

Mothman91

Damn, hyped for todays matchups. I wonder if I'll be off work by 4 so I can watch it at home. I also have homework to do before tomorrow.....fuck.

EXGN

You guys should watch the amateur matches if you can, NWE VS COG should be pretty good because both teams are known for players with oddball champion picks. Zamphira (COG's mid) draws bans on his killer AP Lulu, while Quas (NWE's top lane) has been seen to play champions like Poppy and Fiora in the top lane and is widely considered the best top lane player in NA even though he's on an amateur team. Even if NWE doesn't qualify for S4, I wouldn't be surprised to see teams like Dig make a play for him, his Zed and Renekton are godlike.

Mothman91

You guys should watch the amateur matches if you can, NWE VS COG should be pretty good because both teams are known for players with oddball champion picks. Zamphira (COG's mid) draws bans on his killer AP Lulu, while Quas (NWE's top lane) has been seen to play champions like Poppy and Fiora in the top lane and is widely considered the best top lane player in NA even though he's on an amateur team.

:O

Edit: How are the playoffs set up? BO3/5?

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Well you can't use credit card to earn point on house/car payment since they don't accept credit card. If LoL happens to be your main sources of saving/checking account (pls don't, this is like rushing triforce on ahri, except IRL), you can earn a lot of rp while paying off your house/car.

It is not like you get anything from your checking account.

Ashhong

Cool I just signed up for the AMEX card and got 1000 RP. Going to have a relative with a business send me a direct deposit of 20$ so I dont have to waste my own direct deposit. Although, having an AMEX card would allow me to use it for Costco gas...13k RP here I come!

Picked Teemo, woooo

zugzug

well annoying game is 29 minutes in and its 12:48 I thought games were suppose to start at 1pm PST. *frantically annoyed that I missed start of match*

Boken

Banned
Terrible lane rotations by CLG so far
Chauster with the weird plays
Big fat not really doing much
Nien building half of a spirit visage and half a frozen heart even though CLG don't plan on team fighting yet. :/
Only saving grace is somehow dblift has managed to farm heaps against Cait thresh and actually built for team fighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom