• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know that image was created and posted by Garena for+on SEA?

are you honestly using evidence of past misdoing to "prove" that riot actually did this? thats illogical. im not saying riot hasnt been slack to dota before, but i am saying that there is absolutely no evidence what so ever that they did what you claim (blocked dota from pax computers), infact, theres actually evidence to the contrary - that there may be a reasonable explanation for the situation. but you seem content to exist in your past prejudice

btw maybe you should recheck reddit, because not even they agree with you, and that happens to be the only source anybody really has

Have I said it's factual that they blocked DotA? No, I've said that given past events that it's very likely that is the case. But not once have I tried to pass it off as fact. It's been speculation on my part, but you seem to have a bone to grind and taking my word for gospel.

As for the image...yes, it may have been created by Garena, but there were US advertisements that detailed the same. "Tired of DotA? Play league!". Wish I could find some screencaps of those, alas my time run shorts on here for now. If you wish to continue the conversation, I'll reply to you after work ;)

Boken

Banned
The reason why you might feel like I have a bone to pick with you is basically because of this:

Evidence exists to the contrary,
No I'm saying, given past events that it's very likely that is the case.

loco%20480.jpg

Flayer

Riot paid for League to be playable in the free play area, Valve didn't pay for Dota2 to be playable in the free to play area. How on earth are dota fanboys spinning this into Riot being evil???

It's too bad Cop is saddled with such a shitty team.

Will we ever get a chance to fully appreciate his talents?

Shed a tear for Cop. The greatest tragedy of all.

This right here is the crux of it. Do you know why there's alot of tunnel version on dota vs. lol? Because when Riot first began league, they mass advertised with 'Like DotA but hate everything about it? Play League!' This gem right here

That old pic again? It screams Garena all over it.

This isn't the first time they made shoddy ads. They also advertised Blackshot as the "sequel to Counterstrike" on TV because CS1.6 is the most popular shooter in the country.

rito why you do this

aram everyone in my team but me is lv15 or less

enemies are all lv30, with a lot of poke (ziggs, lux, nidalee), but i shrug it off because im kass

it became obvious they were low level so i teach them, but they won't listen.
janna builds 2 philos and keeps it. rumble says he'll go "full tank" then builds... frozen heart... and shard of True Ice... then captain sorc shoes

my patience is being tested

Whenever I take someone else's advice, it makes them really happy.

Edwardo

What do yall think the best 1820 skins are? My friend is gifting me either 1 1820, or two 975 skins for my bday. I'm ridiculously indecisive, so I dont know what I want...lol...

garath

SUN 09/01 - 2PM

Vulcun TechBargains vs
Team Dignitas

SUN 09/01 - 5PM

TSM Snapdragon vs
Cloud 9 HyperX

So right now tsm and c9 are a lock for worlds and are just duking it out for 1st. However winner of dig and vul determines the 3rd NA spot for worlds? Do I have that straight? Hope dig pulls it out either way. I don't really like vul.

PS. Go coL!! Not sure what the challengers are playing for but I want coL to take it.

Mothman91

What do yall think the best 1820 skins are? My friend is gifting me either 1 1820, or two 975 skins for my bday. I'm ridiculously indecisive, so I dont know what I want...lol...
If you really love a champion...get their legendary skin if they have one. If not, find two skins for champions you like.

Newt

So right now tsm and c9 are a lock for worlds and are just duking it out for 1st. However winner of dig and vul determines the 3rd NA spot for worlds? Do I have that straight? Hope dig pulls it out either way. I don't really like vul.

PS. Go coL!! Not sure what the challengers are playing for but I want coL to take it.
Yeah, I think you have it straight. Personally I want Vulcun to win simply because I think they're the better team.

Edwardo

If you really love a champion...get their legendary skin if they have one. If not, find two skins for champions you like.

Yea, I was thinking Demonblade Trynd or Aether Wing Kayle, but I already have Sultan Trynd and Judgment Kayle and I dont like to have more than one skin per champ.

Mothman91

Yea, I was thinking Demonblade Trynd or Aether Wing Kayle, but I already have Sultan Trynd and Judgment Kayle and I dont like to have more than one skin per champ.
I actually have the legendary skin for Trynd, but that was in the beginning days of when I started to get really into LoL. The "I don't like to have more than one skin per champ" I tried to stick with that for Corki, but when the skins came on sale from the legacy vault, I got Red Baron and now if I can get the UFO one, that would make it 3 ;_;

Newt

So 5 people currently on the team, and I'll be inviting another Gaffer as soon as I can. Two more spots left until full roster for any of you that want to join.

CoOG4Ol.jpg

Type2

So 5 people currently on the team, and I'll be inviting another Gaffer as soon as I can. Two more spots left until full roster for any of you that want to join.

CoOG4Ol.jpg
I'd love to join especially to grow as a player with the roster. Not sure if I meet the bar of entry but I'm leaveyouapreview in lol.

Edwardo

I actually have the legendary skin for Trynd, but that was in the beginning days of when I started to get really into LoL. The "I don't like to have more than one skin per champ" I tried to stick with that for Corki, but when the skins came on sale from the legacy vault, I got Red Baron and now if I can get the UFO one, that would make it 3 ;_;

Yea, I played against a UFO Corki the other day and now I really want that skin. I haven't played Corki in a while, but the was the adc I played the most when I was leveling from 10-30.

I gave my buddy a list of champs that I own and told him to make the skin decision for me lol. He has good enough taste, so I know it will either be a really nice one or a joke one.

You're probably right. But honestly I think c9 is our only hope either way.

I just want to see at least one team from North America to go far. Gotta root for the home team y'know!

CoOG4Ol.jpg

Maybe one day when I get better!

scy

I find it funny that, for the first time, it looks like a shortage of solo laners for a GAF team :x

I'm down for more games being played.

Mothman91

C9 vs TSM about to start.

My inner fanboy wants TSM to win it, but I can see C9 asserting their dominance over them. I actually want it to be a very close match though.

Newt

C9 vs TSM about to start.

My inner fanboy wants TSM to win it, but I can see C9 asserting their dominance over them. I actually want it to be a very close match though.
I don't see it being a close match. Clould 9 has always dominated TSM, a change in that would be exciting but...I don't see it happening.

Newt

You think? i actually wanted to ask for advice but i didn't want to sound like an average "It's not my fault my team sucks" guy.
Honestly, it looks like you played well. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do as a jungler if your laners don't react to your plays.

Polymath

Neo Member
Well it was an combination of loosing my promotion matches 3x in a row (afk's and trolls).
And just bad luck. I wont lie i'm in silver for a reason but this is such a demotivation ;(

went up against a team with a Platinum V. We did not win. But I did lead the team in cs (75 @ 10 minutes!) and kills. Our mid got hammered by the Plat guy and that kinda decided the ballgame. they seemed pretty good, but I wasn't overwhelmed. killed him a few times.

scy

You think? i actually wanted to ask for advice but i didn't want to sound like an average "It's not my fault my team sucks" guy.

If need be, find a friend to watch your game so they can comment on some things. It is really hard to give advice on a game based off just the score at the end :x Like, the more useful things would be stuff like being able to point out that you spent too much time trying to force bad ganks or not enough time being aggressive on the map in the early game. Missing opportunities to help lanes (or which lanes to help the most) or missing chances for early objective control. All I can say based off the score screen is that every lane didn't do so well in general (and both junglers somehow have 17 kills).

Basically, you just want to reflect more on what you could have done better. Sure, sometimes your team just straight up screwed things up but that doesn't mean there's nothing you could have done. Counter jungle instead of ganking. Improve your gank timings so you can still get something without your laner (granted, Udyr vs Wukong, Lux, Alistar/Draven). Pick better early game Dragons. Find better late game engages. Just things like that.

Polymath

Neo Member
If need be, find a friend to watch your game so they can comment on some things. It is really hard to give advice on a game based off just the score at the end :x Like, the more useful things would be stuff like being able to point out that you spent too much time trying to force bad ganks or not enough time being aggressive on the map in the early game. Missing opportunities to help lanes (or which lanes to help the most) or missing chances for early objective control. All I can say based off the score screen is that every lane didn't do so well in general (and both junglers somehow have 17 kills).

Basically, you just want to reflect more on what you could have done better. Sure, sometimes your team just straight up screwed things up but that doesn't mean there's nothing you could have done. Counter jungle instead of ganking. Improve your gank timings so you can still get something without your laner (granted, Udyr vs Wukong, Lux, Alistar/Draven). Pick better early game Dragons. Find better late game engages. Just things like that.

Thanks for the advice. I started playing League about 3 months ago (after getting lvl 30 & in to bronze last November).
I'm still pretty new to the whole LoL meta. i think i have done everything you mentioned at least in some extend. Perhaps me playing SoloQ is the problem? (forever alone lol)

But yeah i guess it was bad luck overall. i will try record one of my losses this week and post it here for some general advice.

Edwardo

Dat Silver IV demotion.. Seems that most people get promoted to Silver III and then go on losing streaks.

Yep, it's happened to me several times. The worst was after I did my placements I went straight from Silver 5 to Silver 3, skipping 4 altogether. Then I go on big losing streaks for whatever reasons (Lack of communication, afks, me making mistakes, teammates making mistakes, etc.).

Hmm. should I get Zac, Riven, Fiora, or Orianna with my IP? Recommendations?

All of them seem pretty cool, and I can't say I prefer any role more than any other. Just depends on the hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom