• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

drawkcaB

Holy shit, they hit it out of the park.

Mister Negative said:
you kinda fool yourself into thinking C9 has a shot at worlds then you see Faker pull that shit and you remember that the Koreans are on another plane of existence

From what I understand by the way OGN works concerning which teams are sent to the Worlds, there's a good chance neither team in the OGN Summer Final will get to go. Even then I think it'll be more competitive than people expect even if one of the KR teams does end up winning.

jerd21 said:
Forgive me LoLGAF. Just bought Zac to sleepwalk my way to gold since he never seems to get banned. >-20 lp on losses just hurts too much.

I'm about ready to dump him from my champ pool, personally. I want to play him in jungle and I can't make it work and I don't find him particularly interesting to play either even when I'm doing well.

jerd

Wait, is Sivir only getting a VU? I thought she was getting a full rework. She has more problems than just her model from what I've seen.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i hit my nami ult from almost max range on four people. it was pretty rad. then i killed three people on the follow up. it was weird.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wait, is Sivir only getting a VU? I thought she was getting a full rework. She has more problems than just her model from what I've seen.

Rework details are probably coming soon.

i hit my nami ult from almost max range on four people. it was pretty rad. then i killed three people on the follow up. it was weird.

Bloodthirsty support is best support.

Mothman91

I hate trolls...I wanted to go AP mid corki but Kha called before me, so I go to top as Corki and say I'm going AP. He then proceeds to say I'm trolling and then goes ahead and trolls himself. Everyone is trying to tell him AP Corki is legit, but it won't go through his fucking skull. I hate toxic people like that...and I only went 6/7 on a 1v2 lane top.

scy

The old GAF teams were all always full up on members but once we got out of placement (which was gold in many cases), it kind of disbanded cause of everyone's time schedules and willingness to play.

This, more or less.

Though some of the other problems were limited roles for many people (aka, we basically had one jungler and seventeen supports).

jerd

Ah I see. I only noticed it being referred to as a VU but just saw that they were referring to them as the relaunch panel.

I love Wukong.

Eve is a god in Silver II. Through a series of unfortunate events I got stuck mid (which made my second time ever playing mid) and had to pick for our top in a 3 way trade. The guy I was trading with only owned a couple of mid champs and so I ended up getting eve out of it. Not a single enemy pink ward on the map. Game was too easy.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Interesting. I went from Gold 5 to Gold 3 :)

I did the same for silver :D

I started from bronze 1 since the beginning of the season :)

Hah, was in the same situation. Got placed into Bronze 1 and had to barrel my way to Gold 5.

Mothman91

I wonder why there was never an option to queue as a role/lane instead of disputing it in chat. I wish I could ask Riot that.

Support queue would take 5 minutes +
or
Other lanes would queue as support but still take what lane they wanted.
"AP Lulu mid" That would work, but imagine someone trying that with some of the other supports lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Thresh not worth banning anymore. Vayne more a problem

edit - Unless you cannot dodge hooks to save your life of course.
Vayne hasn't been a problem for the teams I've seen today. I had 2 on my team do horribly and that other person had 3 afk in 3 games, lol.

I've lost 2 promotion series, winning 66-75% of other games.

Now it's a non-promotion game, 100% afk top lane the first 7 minutes.

Edwardo

Support queue would take 5 minutes +
or
Other lanes would queue as support but still take what lane they wanted.
"AP Lulu mid" That would work, but imagine someone trying that with some of the other supports lol.

Support would probably be instant. Less people pick support, so there would be more demand.

Mothman91

Support would probably be instant. Less people pick support, so there would be more demand.

Oops, actually you're right. It would be instant, but my second statement would most likely happen too. =P

And finally after having the troll game, and a double support bot that thought I was going adc and the other one somehow changing into support last minute, I have a legit game as AP Corki.

kgGXwsw.jpg

Fun as fuck.

Zukuu

Banned
I've never seen such a terrible playerbase in my life like in this game.
Out of the last 6 games, 2(!) were afk from the beginning (in my team on top), 1 rage quit (enemy team) and 2 major trolls that ruined and cost the game. Only ONE game was normal, ONE FRIGGING GAME in the last hours. And when I was about to start the 7th one, last pick "I'll not support and will not leave". So he picked a second adc and insta locked and flamed. I left at the last second because I had my fill with trolls for today. Seriously, fuck all those retards, what do they gain? I don't get it. Is it fun to ruin a game and stay in a losing game for 40 minutes?

I'm about to quit the game. I don't have the urge to deal with this shit. It's no fun, it's annoying so why bother.

Mothman91

Out of the last 6 games, 2(!) were afk from the beginning (in my team on top), 1 rage quit (enemy team) and 2 major trolls that ruined and cost the game. Only ONE game was normal, ONE FRIGGING GAME in the last hours. And when I was about to start the 7th one, last pick "I'll not support and will not leave". So he picked a second adc and insta locked and flamed. I left at the last second because I had my fill with trolls for today. Seriously, fuck all those retards, what do they gain? I don't get it. Is it fun to ruin a game and stay in a losing game for 40 minutes?

I'm about to quit the game. I don't have the urge to deal with this shit. It's no fun, it's annoying so why bother.

I've been having those same kind of games today, 2/3 were not fun at all. I say take a break for a little then come back and see how it goes again.

tonight's 38-minute match.

bb5h.png

Ya boy Dreams solo mid vs a level 30 Kennen with 999 wins?

iLIpO5ZtXVw7e.gif

No problem. I gives em DA LOADED LUX.

Might I add I've never even seen Kennen before. I suppose it helps to naturally play very conservatively and only go for openings when they're very apparent, plus Dota experience. He thought I was a high tier smurfing. Maybe I'll be good one day, guys.

Also, I tip my hat to you guys that regularly get like 90cs in 10 minutes. I think 60 or 70 is my best.

Edwardo

I'm having the worst games tonight, I just keep losing...

I really want to keep playing though. After today and tomorrow I wont really get to play til next weekend.

Blizzard

Banned

I'm having the worst games tonight, I just keep losing...

I really want to keep playing though. After today and tomorrow I wont really get to play til next weekend.

Same, after a week of good games there were a bunch of awful ones today. Some of them I certainly played badly, but several it seemed like exceptionally bad players would show up.

Edwardo

Same, after a week of good games there were a bunch of awful ones today. Some of them I certainly played badly, but several it seemed like exceptionally bad players would show up.

Yea same. My first game tonight I got Blitz and I kept pulling enemies onto our tower and they would just escape. We had no damage at all. Luckily, I just played my best Nami game of the night (2/2/24) and we won. Im getting the hang of the bubbles and her kit, so hopefully it'll be smooth sailing now.

Ken

ranked weekend queue's are the best

Boken

Banned

just to know, are you at a lowish player level, zukuu?

Newt

Just dodge when you sense trash in the lobby.

Ferga

I hate how when i'm on a winning streak, I don't congratulate myself.

I just think: Shit, this is too perfect. I'm going to lose my next one I bet.

rito why you do this

aram everyone in my team but me is lv15 or less

enemies are all lv30, with a lot of poke (ziggs, lux, nidalee), but i shrug it off because im kass

it became obvious they were low level so i teach them, but they won't listen.
janna builds 2 philos and keeps it. rumble says he'll go "full tank" then builds... frozen heart... and shard of True Ice... then captain sorc shoes

my patience is being tested

make a thread to get the word out. :^)

It's just speculation at this point. Granted, we all know it's true(Seriously? Bandwidth excuse?) but unless there's concrete evidence it's nothing more than stupid speculation. Which sucks. Because Riot needs to be slapped.

Boken

Banned
Hm. Quick google:
http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1lhzhw/lack_of_dota_2_at_pax_players_being_told_they/

Of course they would. Good lord Riot maybe you should pay your game designers to do a better job.

did you even read the first post?

maybe you should make the thread afterall

It's just speculation at this point. Granted, we all know it's true(Seriously? Bandwidth excuse?) but unless there's concrete evidence it's nothing more than stupid speculation. Which sucks. Because Riot needs to be slapped.

are you serious? that bandwith "excuse" was posted a whole month ago, not as a response to all this, but to a person asking about having tournaments for other non esports games

did you even read the first post?

maybe you should make the thread afterall

are you serious? that bandwith "excuse" was posted a whole month ago, not as a response to all this, but to a person asking about having tournaments for other non esports games

Because I've known how Riot acts and the scapegoats they have. I love league, and Riot was awesome, but lately they've just been scummy in alot of ways. From back in the day when there were rumors going around of Riot paying off so only their game would be shown at Dreamhack, to them trying to money hat venues and events like this.

It wouldn't be farfetched. In this case, Riot sponsored the event. So they take away the option of playing the competition. Simple as that. Instead of Riot not being afraid, they decide to blacklist the competition.

you know, in a developed legal system you need evidence before you can convict people for anything

Good thing I'm not a judge, huh? We're just having a conversation. As I read in the other thread-

theres way too much tunnel vision on dota v lol

This right here is the crux of it. Do you know why there's alot of tunnel version on dota vs. lol? Because when Riot first began league, they mass advertised with 'Like DotA but hate everything about it? Play League!' This gem right here-
U9Ro95e.jpg

Among other advertisments slandering DotA. So you may think 'All these people think Riots out to get DotA!'. Hint. They have been since day 1.

Boken

Banned
Good thing I'm not a judge, huh? We're just having a conversation. As I read in the other thread-

This right here is the crux of it. Do you know why there's alot of tunnel version on dota vs. lol? Because when Riot first began league, they mass advertised with 'Like DotA but hate everything about it? Play League!' This gem right here-
U9Ro95e.jpg

Among other advertisments slandering DotA. So you may think 'All these people think Riots out to get DotA!'. Hint. They have been since day 1.

you know that image was created and posted by Garena for+on SEA?

are you honestly using evidence of past misdoing to "prove" that riot actually did this? thats illogical. im not saying riot hasnt been slack to dota before, but i am saying that there is absolutely no evidence what so ever that they did what you claim (blocked dota from pax computers), infact, theres actually evidence to the contrary - that there may be a reasonable explanation for the situation. but you seem content to exist in your past prejudice

btw maybe you should recheck reddit, because not even they agree with you, and that happens to be the only source anybody really has

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom