• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

c9 4-0. Can't say I'm terribly surprised by that outcome. What did they lose 4 games the entire season? Insane. Even TSM in its prime wasn't that consistent. And there wasn't nearly the level of competition there is now.

Look forward to seeing them at worlds.

Newt

Hmm. should I get Zac, Riven, Fiora, or Orianna with my IP? Recommendations?

All of them seem pretty cool, and I can't say I prefer any role more than any other. Just depends on the hour.
Fiora is kinda a worse version of Riven. The rest are all different roles, so it's hard to compare.

Edwardo

I really hope Cloud 9 goes far.

All of them seem pretty cool, and I can't say I prefer any role more than any other. Just depends on the hour.

I like Orianna a lot, she's more of a utility mage, but you can do some good damage with her. She's just great for the team.

Einbroch

Banned
c9 4-0. Can't say I'm terribly surprised by that outcome. What did they lose 4 games the entire season? Insane. Even TSM in its prime wasn't that consistent. And there wasn't nearly the level of competition there is now.

Look forward to seeing them at worlds.

The thing I really like about Cloud 9 is that they're always happy, or at least not sulking. They lose? They learn and move on. Other teams could learn a thing from them. TSM has already thrown in the towel, you can see it on their faces.

JesseZao

I wouldn't mind joining the 5v5. My other group hasn't been playing as much. I'll be on later as Jecosm if you still have a spot.

The thing I really like about Cloud 9 is that they're always happy, or at least not sulking. They lose? They learn and move on. Other teams could learn a thing from them. TSM has already thrown in the towel, you can see it on their faces.

Yeah, the fact that they just sink into their chairs, instead of getting up for a stretch/break like C9 certainly isn't helping. (I understand why C9 would be more likely to jump out of their chairs, but still. TSM needs to "reset" after each game.)

Boken

Banned

Riven or Orianna
Both very definitional of league, fun, and strong.

In other news, looks like TSM will lose their first big NA lan!

jerd

So 5 people currently on the team, and I'll be inviting another Gaffer as soon as I can. Two more spots left until full roster for any of you that want to join.

CoOG4Ol.jpg

Lmk whenever GAF gets a JV squad.

Newt

So the roster is full. I'm thinking we should try our first game tomorrow, but it's up to you guys to decide on the time.
fnH0jZy.jpg

Boken

Banned
So only China and Korea still have open spots no?

We gonna have a thread over on the gaming side?

yes to both

1 spot undecided in korea - sept 4-7 (bo5 linear bracket)
teams: cj blaze, ktb, cj frost, skt1 (in order of lowest to highest seed)

2 spots undecided in china - sept 7-8 (bo3 double elimination)
teams: OMG, PE, iG, RoyalClub (no WE)

----

i just got an australian election ad on twitch. weird.

Kenai

So the roster is full. I'm thinking we should try our first game tomorrow, but it's up to you guys to decide on the time.
fnH0jZy.jpg

I didn't think i would be skilled enough to be a part of the team so I didn't bother asking to join, but i hope you all do well!

Boken

Banned
on the plus side, it means theres a medium chance that a new champion will be shurima desert related. hopefully a whirling desert dervish yordle

believe.

I'm having a hard time believing we'll see that mega patch this season.

of course not. this season ends in 2 months anyway

Boken

Banned
S4 launch patch, believe

complete with new client (ill settle for replays riot pls), map visual rehaul, new baron and dragon, desert skin for SR (baron is a giant dune sandworm) and magical cacutar wards. and every 1 minute, a fierce sandstorm will blow across the map dealing 10% current hp damage to everybody.

believe.

complete with new client (ill settle for replays riot pls), map visual rehaul, new baron and dragon, desert skin for SR (baron is a giant dune sandworm) and magical cacutar wards. and every 1 minute, a fierce sandstorm will blow across the map dealing 10% current hp damage to everybody.

believe.

Yeah, along with Magma Chamber too.

Boken

Banned
are you trying to say everything on my list will become true?!

ill settle for a yordle that creates a sandstorm that blows across the map, dealing periodic current hp damage.
he will look like yoda

Got paired with this guy. Yay freelo!
Pretty invalidated by going duo though. It's much much easier to salvage games that way. Whenever me and my friend gets jungle+support, we win most of the time. The jungler gets other lanes to snowball and plants wards so that they see ganks because they rarely buy wards. The support prevents the marksman from doing really dumb moves and gives even more vision.

Btw another guy already did the experiment and is now mid-high plat, except he chose to keep his Bronze V title.

Ferga

I play on my brother's bronze account in the oceania server sometimes to show him how bad he is.

I just go akali and win the game alone

He's speechless most of the time.

Blizzard

Banned
I got a couple more Corki mid games going:

corki74sqm.png

On the plus side, I did pretty well and had people going wow, Riot nerf pls, why does Corki scale so well with AP he is not a dragon, and so forth. On the minus side, our Twitch was telling me "how about you suck on my gigantic balls and puke out dog semen" and "how many times do I have to tell you to drink your own urine".

Silver teammates can be pretty intense.

Mothman91

I got a couple more Corki mid games going:

corki74sqm.png

On the plus side, I did pretty well and had people going wow, Riot nerf pls, why does Corki scale so well with AP he is not a dragon, and so forth. On the minus side, our Twitch was telling me "how about you suck on my gigantic balls and puke out dog semen" and "how many times do I have to tell you to drink your own urine".

Silver teammates can be pretty intense.

AP Mid Corki is so fun. Definitely once you get Liandrys and Rylais.

jerd

Would there be legitimate interest in a lower level ranked GAF team? I would be happy to set one up and play as much as I can, but my schedule is super wacky so I can't promise I'll always be available. However, if we could round up a full team I don't think we'd have a problem playing enough games to make it worthwhile. Who would our takers be?

DeadNames

Banned
Would there be legitimate interest in a lower level ranked GAF team? I would be happy to set one up and play as much as I can, but my schedule is super wacky so I can't promise I'll always be available. However, if we could round up a full team I don't think we'd have a problem playing enough games to make it worthwhile. Who would our takers be?

Count me in. About to hit level 30.

Boken

Banned
I think they're the best shot at a Western team in the World's final.

agree with this. the korean meta right now is all about lane flow and global positioning and rotations. they punish even the slightest mistep in lane rotation (see SKT1 v KTB g2, skt1 duo rotates top to protect tower from ktb duo, KTB duo rotate bot before skt1 reach top and take dragon and a tower in response)

cloud 9 is probably the one of the few western teams that rotates lanes efficiently, and care about their lane positions. european teams are kinda all over the place, and their emphasis seems to be on laning phase and split pushing later on. This strategy is fundamentally weak to early game rotations and strong pushes when a team is out of position.

bjaelke

agree with this. the korean meta right now is all about lane flow and global positioning and rotations. they punish even the slightest mistep in lane rotation (see SKT1 v KTB g2, skt1 duo rotates top to protect tower from ktb duo, KTB duo rotate bot before skt1 reach top and take dragon and a tower in response)

cloud 9 is probably the one of the few western teams that rotates lanes efficiently, and care about their lane positions. european teams are kinda all over the place, and their emphasis seems to be on laning phase and split pushing later on. This strategy is fundamentally weak to early game rotations and strong pushes when a team is out of position.

What impresses me the most is their consistency. It was impossible to predict a winner in EU lcs (the vote was merely a popularity contest), but C9 always delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom