• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwardo

Guys. 78 lp in silver I. I'm losing my nerve. So close. I hate only getting to play a couple games here and there. Went 2-1 tonight. Both Zac wins. He still strong. My hecarim early game was stellar then the team fell apart. Crappy comp. So close!!

Keep at it. Never give up! NEVER BACK DOWN!!

With how many games though? Problem with Soraka is that her cooldowns are all really high outside of Starcall, and the silence is honestly not that long. Really Soraka's harass is pretty terrible. If you tried to pull that on like a Nami or something she will just auto back, W when the silence ends, and come out way ahead. Other problem is ranges. Soraka has very short range on top of no mobility or escape options. Good luck harassing when you are outranged by Nami bubble, or Zyra roots/plants, who both also put out more reliable damage and have hard CC. Soraka and Taric are in the same boat. Too much of a problem so they were nerfed into oblivion.

Soraka excels in no areas. Even if you just want to harass with Infuse you might as well play Fiddle and spam Dark Wind.

I only got 30 with her but then again they're all silvers. We could shrug off harass because I always start with a rejuvenation bead, and she's Soraka. She could pump your MF/Ez with mana so they can spam, her passive helps mitigate some magic damage harass and she heals when needed. I don't I lost a lane with her, but she's pretty lacking in teamfights.

I don't play her anymore. Lulu is just flatout better at keeping someone safe. Chances for global clutch heals don't come up often.

Einbroch

Banned
:lol at people freaking out about 3s people getting a border in solo queue that appears for maybe 10 seconds before a match starts.

The border is the least important thing of the rewards, but apparently important enough for people to cry about it loud enough for Riot to take it back.

Mothman91

:lol at people freaking out about 3s people getting a border in solo queue that appears for maybe 10 seconds before a match starts.

The border is the least important thing of the rewards, but apparently important enough for people to cry about it loud enough for Riot to take it back.

Hehe, I think Riot did that because people were buying Diamond ranked teams for the border.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't play her anymore. Lulu is just flatout better at keeping someone safe. Chances for global clutch heals don't come up often.
Lulu is really mediocre right now compared to other supports. I guess for me it's also that mana is less of an issue than ever for ad carries when people just run 21/4/5 or whatever it is.

Eh, the border will show up more than any other reward. It is really weird to display highest rank for other modes when you're loading up SR.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Lulu is really mediocre right now compared to other supports.

Sad, but true. Glitterlance nerfs ruined her lane bully status and knocked her down to a situational support pick now.

dimb

Sad, but true. Glitterlance nerfs ruined her lane bully status and knocked her down to a situational support pick now.
The Pix changes also pulled some of her early game damage. Most of the time it's just better to have supports with strong zone control for team fights and Lulu doesn't really have that. All of those supports also have really strong laning phases too.

dimb

I guess I'm a weirdo for going REWQ with Lulu. I only need one point on Glitterlance. E for stronger shields/harass.
There's just no reason to max E. The damage starts the same and only scales to 20 more, but Glitterlance has a much longer range, a lower cooldown, and can hit multiple targets. It also makes your follow up weaker on casting late Glitterlances from Pix. E should be maxed out last. It doesn't scale particularly well with levels. Whimsy you can drop the cooldown on by six seconds by putting points into it, and the polymorph duration goes up by an extra second.

taaakun

Hi lolgaf,

Just came back from PAX, have three extra sets of skins. PM me!

PS: Don't be dumb like me and buy the champion with RP before redeeming the skin.. the champion comes with the code!

Edit: all gones.

Mothman91

Hi lolgaf,

PS: Don't be dumb like me and buy the champion with RP before redeeming the skin.. the champion comes with the code!

Yup, thank you very much. I kept on refreshing my page too ;_;

Moments hunter

Neo Member
Played as Rumble versus Pantheon, died once in level 3 because of Nocturne gank. Still held my cs lead, still dominated the lane. Pantheon did nothing to me. I just harrassed him and then went all in.
But I think this was his first time against Rumble, he played passive, used spearshot only twice on me and only tried to jump on me from bush.
Two facts: 1) Rumble is fun!
2) Pantheon ulti animation freaked me out when I scrolled vision above this flying Greek I thought he was going to jump through my monitor.

dimb

Hi lolgaf,

You are a good person, and I wish you a full and happy life. Do you play on NA at all?

Newt

Played as Rumble versus Pantheon, died once in level 3 because of Nocturne gank. Still held my cs lead, still dominated the lane. Pantheon did nothing to me. I just harrassed him and then went all in.
But I think this was his first time against Rumble, he played passive, used spearshot only twice on me and only tried to jump on me from bush.
Two facts: 1) Rumble is fun!
2) Pantheon ulti animation freaked me out when I scrolled vision above this flying Greek I thought he was going to jump through my monitor.
Panth's ult looks really epic in an odd comparison to what it actually does.

wow man, Jax is fukn STRONG.

8qw6.png

I got my ass kicked early by this level 30 Renekton (0/2/1 early) and as the game went on it didn't feel like it was going to ever get better. 0/6/3 at one point. But it is written...the longer a game goes the scarier Jax gets. The other team couldn't finish with their substantial lead. They were in our base @ 28 minutes at the latest but they let the game go for 49 minutes and I started dunking people. Quad kill towards the end. Sometimes I swear I couldn't see my champ among the chaos, I just kept spamming W and watching my HP. Renekton was 15/1/something at one point. He was legit good, but you can't win a MOBA alone. I'm still not sure if I like Jax, but he does a helluva lot of damage.

Playing catch-up stresses me the hell out. I think I'm going to play support for awhile to exhale. So much less stress.

Yeah jax is fun when you get steamrolling, especially since he is more versatile than similar melee carries like tryndamere. It feels like you can win most lanes with him if you out skill your opponent too whereas a tryn against a jax or someone who can bully him in lane just feels almost impossible to win.

Yeah, Jax and Tryn are probably the only melee carries that work in the game unless tank carry Nasus counts. The buffed Trinity Force really does wonders for him.

I have yet to see Tryn work in a draft game, and I rarely saw him work in a blind pick game.

I assume because in more organized play you just gank him repeatedly (and those ganks will come dependably and regularly). He ain't shit before 6, but it seems like it's asking a lot to solo against him without help to kill him. He won't stop anyone from getting their farm, but it just doesn't seem like you can stop him from getting his either without a gank.

Is it even possible to push a Tryn out of a lane in a 1v1?

That shit feels impossible. Maybe Tryn can push Tryn out. lol

During laning phase? He gets dumpstered on by a lot of champs, specially Teemo and Malphite.

Assuming the game already lasted long enough (6 items?)... only a few champions can duel him: Vayne, Tristana, Nasus, Jax, Sion and maybe completely tailored Warwick and Aatrox.

During laning phase? He gets dumpstered on by a lot of champs, specially Teemo and Malphite.

Assuming the game already lasted long enough (6 items?)... only a few champions can duel him: Vayne, Tristana, Nasus, Jax, Sion and maybe completely tailored Warwick and Aatrox.
I see.

*takes notes*

Is Teemo solo top common? I've only seen Malphite once or twice that I can recall. Sion even less.

Boken

Banned
Kim dong Jun (Ogn strategy caster) dropping the truth bombs

Korean teams are best teams.
EU have global meta influence as they sometimes find the op champs first
China has gone off into their own world and their picks/bans/meta doesn't make sense
NA just copies Korea and plays slowly.

Ogn in a few hours :)

I see.

*takes notes*

Is Teemo solo top common? I've only seen Malphite once or twice that I can recall. Sion even less.

Teemo is mainly used as an anti-top, because his range and blind will counter most AD bruisers. He's also an exceptional split pusher and with shrooms covering his lane he's a pain to deal with.

Newt

Kim dong Jun (Ogn strategy caster) dropping the truth bombs

Korean teams are best teams.
EU have global meta influence as they sometimes find the op champs first
China has gone off into their own world and their picks/bans/meta doesn't make sense
NA just copies Korea and plays slowly.

Ogn in a few hours :)
Aatrox new op jungler confirmed.

I see.

*takes notes*

I hardly see Sion either, because his kit is split between 'I should build AP' and 'I should build AD/AS', and that's frustrating to play, but Malphite is pretty beastly if you can play him. He's banned a fair bit at my ranked level. I used to play him all tanky and get killed, but a little AP and maxing Q goes a long way to staying alive and doing damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom