• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's happening, GAF... starting to get 10LP for wins in Bronze 1 rather than 3/4. Currently on 64LP...

SOON.
Edit: Well it was happening up until 5th pick chose Soraka support because i wouldn't let her mid.

drawkcaB

It's happening, GAF... starting to get 10LP for wins in Bronze 1 rather than 3/4. Currently on 64LP...

SOON.
Edit: Well it was happening up until 5th pick chose Soraka support because i wouldn't let her mid.

Count yourself lucky. Sometimes when people don't get the role they want they'll do dumb shit like Heimer support.

PhaZZe

Banned
That Purge guide was a life saver when I was trying out Dota, I'm not sure that we have anything as comprehensive. As for champs, I would just play whoever is free - try to play each champ at least once, until you get a feel for what you like.

My biggest word of advice would be to not buy any runes until you can get the tier 3 runes. Early runes are a total waste of money. Just save IP, and maybe buy a champ that you like.

Edit: I'm really jealous of your ping. I average 108 in New Hampshire.

I tried leblanc and i did very well, i tried Sona and is amazing for teammates.
In dota i have 180 ms :( that is sad

Edwardo

So how do placement matches work? What happens if I go 10/0? 2/8?

It depends on a bunch of factors that nobody really knows. Basically if you win and how well you do. I don't know if its k/d/a or cs or what.

I went 7-3 and placed in Silver 5. A friend of mine did his promos around the same time and placed into Silver 3. I've heard that you can't get higher than Silver if it's your first time getting placed in ranked. I looked up a bunch of stuff when I was doing mine, but it's all mostly forum post that contradict each other.

If you are desparate for the PAX 2013 skins without playing the RP cost. You can buy them on ebay for less than $5 for both codes.
Thanks! I've been wanting to pickup both champions, so to get both champions and two skins for $5 is awesome.

I also noticed there are a lot of people in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread selling them for $5 too. If you want to stay in-house, that's a great place to check too!

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Thanks! I've been wanting to pickup both champions, so to get both champions and two skins for $5 is awesome.

I also noticed there are a lot of people in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread selling them for $5 too. If you want to stay in-house, that's a great place to check too!

Does the same code still work separately for each region? Because that'd make them $2.5 or less if people from different servers group up lol

Is Soraka now so bad that she's a troll pick? :eek:

Soraka is always a troll pick, but the one you're trolling is yourself because she's boring

Blizzard

Banned
Next game was Seraph's Embrace Ez.

GG.

Lost 14LP to chumps.
Why do people say it's a Good Game if people played badly or it was super unfair? Sounds like that would be a bad game.

Also, 14LP a loss is nothing. Wait until you lose 20-27 LP in a game where you had someone AFK.

Why do people say it's a Good Game if people played badly or it was super unfair? Sounds like that would be a bad game.

Also, 14LP a loss is nothing. Wait until you lose 20-27 LP in a game where you had someone AFK.

I've had that, point is was getting 4/5LP all the way up until around 50LP and i've dropped from 64LP in two games due to idiots. so no doubt i'll be on the LP crawl train again now.

As for gg, sarcasm.

Ken

just started playing this but enjoying the hell out of it

what are best resources out there for noobs?

lolking

search up the names of people in your team and make fun of them for their rankings and k/d and use that as justification for taking their called role

Newt

lolking

search up the names of people in your team and make fun of them for their rankings and k/d and use that as justification for taking their called role
And if you're last pick, you can ostracize them the whole game by bringing up their stats and their current performance -_-.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Are the pax codes separate for hecarim and blitz or is it one code for both?

One code for each skin.

I was gifted one for the Rainbow Pony and used it on EUW, then gave it to Ach on NA.

If any gaffer on a different server wants to try and redeem it I can provide

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
just started playing this but enjoying the hell out of it

what are best resources out there for noobs?
it wasn't mentioned but i really like using this for looking up champion abilities/statistics/etc.
Can't you just set your profile to private?
Uh, I don't think you can do that. I've never seen it at least. There are always other services to find people. Most people would just use lolnexus to look people up during ranked games and you can see lots of info there. The other day I was playing a ranked game and someone linked to this weird thing called RiftChat in the lobby. It had the lolnexus stuff but it was also just like this mic service so you could talk to your team. It was interesting. We stomped pretty hard and it felt like cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom