• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakhir

2 sets of codes from PAX, too lazy to trade them for dota itams:
Acrade Hecarim:

Riot Blitzcrank:
I've took the two bottom ones for eune, thanks man!

NEW SALE

Champion and skin sale: 06.9 - 09.9

Give your champions a new look with these skins, on sale for a limited time:

Asylum Shaco 487 RP
Midnight Ahri 375 RP
Tribal Ryze 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:

Elise 487 RP
Swain 440 RP
Katarina 395 RP

I'm totally getting Ryze skin for my friend.

Just heard that the skin codes expire five days or so after PAX, so don't sit on one if you have it. No confirmation though, will edit if it turns out to be wrong.

DeadNames

Banned
Does pax east have skin giveaways? I remember going last year before I played LOL and saw a huge league thing, so I assume they give something away.

Speaking of pax east, any lolgaffers planning on going?

Edwardo

Does pax east have skin giveaways? I remember going last year before I played LOL and saw a huge league thing, so I assume they give something away.

Speaking of pax east, any lolgaffers planning on going?

I think it was Riot Graves and Full Metal Rammus this year.

I definitely plan on going with a couple friends this year. I always say that I want to go, but I forget to buy tickets and they sell out.

The point is that if they are melee, while you autoattack them (and early levels they will have no big autoattack damage modifiers given by items), they will respond back slower thanks to your e, they'll eat more minions damage since you can shield some of it, and when they will try to disengage you can slow them, so they receive even more damage from creeps. Winning trades with malph is matter of knowing exactly how long you should trade with the champ you're facing, once you get used to it, he's a lane bully to most melees.

Hrm, I definitely need to play Malphite more.

It says that on the back of the redemption card.

Yeah, but not everyone has them. Thanks for the confirmation.

Type2

Once again for the new page Id like to see if any doubles show up for the pax skins that can be redeemed in NA. Please PM me if anyone is kind enough to get me one.

I'll hook up lolgaf at some point. I made it to pax but i only had a chance to watch the complexity and by then the swag bags were all gone =[

EDIT: Holy shit elise sale, YES!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So the top junglers at the moment are?
Depends on what you want. Lee, J4, and Elise are the most popular and versatile while still powerful. There are lots of strong junglers and they suit different playstyles and team comps, so you just have to find what works for you. Like Rammus can just turn into a god for certain players. Same with Fiddle and Mummy.

Type2

So the top junglers at the moment are?

Most popular ones are J4, elise, and zac.

Im still a huge fan of Naut, Nasus and Nocturne.(Trend?)

Others you'll see around often enough are Eve,Lee, Udyr, Amumu and Xin.

Once you get decent at jungle try riven and fizz in normals. They are a ton of fun for oddball picks.

woodleague77uhc.png

Dc0BK.gif

Lagito

Neo Member
Also signing up for any available PAX skins, specially Hecarim ones!

Also, can somebody confirm, it's pointless to buy magic penetration when the enemy has no MR? This armor/magic penetration really confuses me.

drawkcaB

Also signing up for any available PAX skins, specially Hecarim ones!

Also, can somebody confirm, it's pointless to buy magic penetration when the enemy has no MR? This armor/magic penetration really confuses me.

You can either reduce an opponents MR or penetrate it. When MR is reduced, the target will take additional magic damage from all sources. When MR is penetrated, the target takes additional magic damage only from you. Reductions are applied first, then penetration. A target's MR can be reduced below 0, but it can't be penetrated below 0. For instance, my target has 30 MR and I have an abyssal scepter (20 magic reduction) and sorceror's shoes (15 magic penetration). The abyssal scepter reduces the target to 10 MR and my sorceror's shows reduce to 0 and not -5, because I can't penetrate MR to a negative value.

So yes, it's pointless to additionally penetrate magic resistance when the enemy has no MR because it's impossible.

(Side notes: all I wrote above applies to armor as well.)

garath

No fees here, although I have yet to set up direct deposit. I think there is a fee depending on how you load money on the card though, not sure yet.

There's no fee for loading the card via traditional methods - debit, credit, bank draft. No fees for direct deposit from payroll. There's some cash method you can use to load it that has fees but that's plastered everywhere.

No catch that I can find.

drawkcaB

There's no fee for loading the card via traditional methods - debit, credit, bank draft. No fees for direct deposit from payroll. There's some cash method you can use to load it that has fees but that's plastered everywhere.

They'll show up at the hospital to take away your second born. Jokes on them though, you'll just save more money.

Any Jayce tips? His kit feels weird to me. Like he wants to jump in the middle of things like a tank, but he can't tank. Or like he wants to be ranged, but buying attack speed on him isn't recommended in any guides I've read. I've been able to do work with him really late game (like 30+ minutes), but before then, I feel like he's so easy to blow right the fuck up, I don't always know how to approach team fights. Laning it's pretty clear he can't 100 --> 0 anyone by himself...he has to really soften them up first. Sometimes not even then without help.

Fwiw, I've mostly been building tear --> boots --> Muramana --> bloodthirster/last whisper --> last whisper/bloodthirster --> trinity force

Something like that. His hybrid play style is confusing the hell out of me.

Edwardo

Any Jayce tips? His kit feels weird to me. Like he wants to jump in the middle of things like a tank, but he can't tank. Or like he wants to be ranged, but buying attack speed on him isn't recommended in any guides I've read. I've been able to do work with him really late game (like 30+ minutes), but before then, I feel like he's so easy to blow right the fuck up, I don't always know how to approach team fights. Laning it's pretty clear he can't 100 --> 0 anyone by himself...he has to really soften them up first. Sometimes not even then without help.

Fwiw, I've mostly been building tear --> boots --> Muramana --> bloodthirster/last whisper --> last whisper/bloodthirster --> trinity force

I like to go brutalizer after I make the tear. Pretty much just poke with E and Q to get their hp down. Then just jump on them in hammer form, auto attack, and E them away. It does some pretty great damage, especially early on.

Ashhong

I was planning on asking a friend with a business to just use a program to give me direct deposit of $20 but then I realized that I can finally buy Costco gas with my parents membership and this card.

WIN.

scy

Generally speaking, you stay in ranged the majority of the time. His Hammer form is primarily there as an added form of burst damage (R into Hammer -> Q -> AA -> E -> disengage). Jayce is awkward in lane since his QE leveling pattern (that is, skip points in your ult and W) gives him weird spikes in power until Level 11. Likewise, he won't really 100-0 straight up but he can Cannon QE combo over and over while staying safe so he has high kill potential in lane ... eventually.

Item wise, I wouldn't suggest finishing Manamune early on him. Tear -> Damage item (Brutalizer, typically) and then Manamune-> Last Whisper is usually how he goes. Manamune works if you plan to focus more on landing QEs repeatedly but, honestly, you can do that with just the Tear anyway. And I would't bother with the super late game TF.

As for late game, you basically just Cannon QE over and over and then Cannon W with Muramana going when you shoot the squishy for maximum damage. Use the Hammer QE only if it'll guarantee a kill or if you need the knockback for peel. Don't try wading into fights like he's a bruiser since, yeah, you just build him raw AD glass cannon.

Tc91

Made a post in the B/S/T thread but thought I'd post here too.

I'm looking for both the PAX skins if you have them shoot me a message! I can pay through PayPal.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Welp time to stay away from League for a bit until all the bad Janna players are gone.

DeadNames

Banned
Why don't people play Veigar more? By the end of that last game he was doing half my health with his Q. Not to mention the annoying stun thing.

Newt

Why don't people play Veigar more? By the end of that last game he was doing half my health with his Q. Not to mention the annoying stun thing.
Singletarget damage that has long cooldowns. Falls off hard lategame, just like Leblanc. Well darkmatter is multitarget, but it basically functions as a single target spell.

DeadNames

Banned
Singletarget damage that has long cooldowns. Falls off hard lategame, just like Leblanc. Well darkmatter is multitarget, but it basically functions as a single target spell.

Isnt he supposed to be a hypercarry? Because I won my lane and by then end I couldn't touch him.

Newt

Isnt he supposed to be a hypercarry? Because I won my lane and by then end I couldn't touch him.
He's not a hypercarry in the same way Vayne or Kog'maw are. By the end of the game either of these champs have the damage to take out your whole team in a relatively short time. Veigar can duel anyone...but that's it. He kills one person and it's relatively easy to finish him off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom