• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Hey dudes, my team worked on this: Improved Options Menu

Hit me up with feedback as you use it.
Took a look at it on the PBE, seems really nice. The "Hotkeys" section is really long, feels kind of overwhelming especially when you can't really see much of it at once. I dunno if there is a way to break some of those options off into another tab without splitting up things that are categorically similar. Also, I'm not sure what the feasibility of something like this would be but it'd be kind of cool to tie smartcasting with certain ability types: i.e. you could associate all on target spells with smartcasting but leave skillshot abilities with their indicators.

Played my first game as Riven.

Did lose early game. Did destroy mothafuckas late game.

Early game problem was...quite frankly...I had never even seen an Olaf in a match. I had no idea what his skillset was (or is, I still don't know)...and he had played well over 3,000 matches (had 1700 wins), of which I'm sure a fair amount was with Olaf. I was 2/2 top lane after the first 10 minutes and had lost my tower (ganks). Finished 7/5/13, I think it was. Our mid Anivia was really good.

Second game was Ezreal who was flashing into Blitza and Trist and feeding onj purpose, with each of hsi deaths followed by "..." in chat.

Seriously, they need to introduce a vote kick system to get rid of mongs like him, it's pretty sad they haven't given how badly one person can screw the game up. We could have easily won 4v5 if it wasn't for the fact he fed Trist up 8/0.

Edit: FWIW:
nobhead15axz.png

jerd

Getting the feeling I'm not very good at objective control and really just general late game strategy. I've been demoted to silver 3 with many of my losses coming in either ~15 kill games or ~20 assist jungle games for me. I'm always really focused on getting dragon when possible but I feel like sometimes I'm afraid of going for Baron too early, and usually just opt to push for towers instead. Split pushing also makes me nervous in close games as I'm afraid of getting picked off without gaining much ground. I'm still right around 100 games on SR so everything is still really different to me. Any tips for me? What situations is it better to go baron than push for towers, and how early in the game is it safe to do so? Also, what are good times to split push as opposed to group push?

I find AD to be one of the easiest roles to play. AFK farm at bot and get kills if your lane opponents do something stupid.

The only issue I have with playing AD is if the support doesn't buy any wards or zone so I have to spend time getting my own lest I get zoned out of CSing because of blitzcranks and threshes waiting in the bush to plunder my squishy behind.

Boken

Banned
Will probably sell them at world's or give to some lucky fans
1185748_360198630776860_222508019_n.jpg

=================================

chinese qualifiers will have a live english stream
pyma8jc.png

Anyone want the Arcade Hecarim/Riot Blitzcrank codes from PAX? I don't play, so I'm happy to give them away. Shoot me a PM

aaaaand they're gone already.

So as Riven, how do you lane 1v1 against Sheyvana? I got out-farmed by about 30% because that circular flame seemed strong. I felt zoned out by that ability.

Boken

Banned
So as Riven, how do you lane 1v1 against Sheyvana? I got out-farmed by about 30% because that circular flame seemed strong. I felt zoned out by that ability.

you probably suck at her mechanically right now

but riven should out burst the shyvanna and run away n stuff, then all in her when shes low enough

shyv is kinda of a slow burn charatacet

garath

Done.

I got trolled in my 9° game.

I'm sure I could have been Silver I.

):

Gj! Don't take it too hard. 70% is pretty darn good. You should fly up the ranks. I placed silver 2 with 7/3 record as well. Only took 7-8 games or so to get to silver I. Your gains will be huge.

you probably suck at her mechanically right now

but riven should out burst the shyvanna and run away n stuff, then all in her when shes low enough

shyv is kinda of a slow burn charatacet

i see.

and how about Singed? He was the lane opponent in my 3rd outting. I did a little more harassing, particularly when I hit level 2, as I took the shield second. I would QQQ then E away. Honestly, it didn't really phase him or do much damage. perhaps i was doing it wrong.

Anyway, that guy was good. He ended with something like 460cs in 46 minutes. Rotations to come gank him never materialized, and...well...leaving a Singed to more or less his own devices doesn't usually end well for the other team, I find.

I have yet to feel comfortable with a top hero up top. I always get bullied right out of the lane. I'm sure it's part being green, but also part the matchups. I feel like the best way for me to learn now is to either spend some time 1v1 in private lobbies with someone or to play the champs giving me the most trouble and observing how the enemy responds to them.

It depresses me that this game doesn't have a replay downloading feature like Dota2. It would really accelerate my learning.

scy

i see.

and how about Singed? He was the lane opponent in my 3rd outting. I did a little more harassing, particularly when I hit level 2, as I took the shield second. I would QQQ then E away. Honestly, it didn't really phase him or do much damage. perhaps i was doing it wrong.

Generally speaking, Riven's ideal Level 2 is to Q-AA-W-Q-AA-Q-AA them. Q-E isn't really ideal early on since her strength is the amount of damage she spikes at Level 2. Basically, Riven's big thing is you want to squeeze in auto attacks in between skill uses since her passive gives bonus damage. Missing them really hurts her damage.

Besides that, she's a fairly aggressive champion. Look for opportunities to E into them to do a W-AA and either disengage by walking away or going all-in with her Q-AA combo.

Edit: Also, Riven has a fairly high skill floor. Once you get to that point, she's fairly straightforward but keeping up with her auto-attack weaving is kind of a nuisance when you're just starting out.

It depresses me that this game doesn't have a replay downloading feature like Dota2. It would really accelerate my learning.

Yeah, it's a real bummer. You could settle for LoLReplay and have it record all your matches in spectator mode since it's the only way that it works properly, but its replays have a habit of breaking often. I had to install a streaming software just so I can record my gameplay without eating my HDD since LoLReplay doesn't work for our region at all.

As for Riven, you should auto attack between every skill cast when you can, so you can make use of her strong passive.

Generally speaking, Riven's ideal Level 2 is to Q-AA-W-Q-AA-Q-AA them. Q-E isn't really ideal early on since her strength is the amount of damage she spikes at Level 2. Basically, Riven's big thing is you want to squeeze in auto attacks in between skill uses since her passive gives bonus damage. Missing them really hurts her damage.

Besides that, she's a fairly aggressive champion. Look for opportunities to E into them to do a W-AA and either disengage by walking away or going all-in with her Q-AA combo.

Edit: Also, Riven has a fairly high skill floor. Once you get to that point, she's fairly straightforward but keeping up with her auto-attack weaving is kind of a nuisance when you're just starting out.

*takes notes*

Newt

First game of yolo q in weeks. Garen fed really early against a Riven so I thought it was a sure gg. They were winning like 14 to 4 at one point. All it takes to win is to keep up hope and have a decent nami :p. Also noticed that j4 didn't upgrade his spirit stone... is that weird or is it just me?

ehsrnBG.jpg

Mothman91

First game of yolo q in weeks. Garen fed really early against a Riven so I thought it was a sure gg. They were winning like 14 to 4 at one point. All it takes to win is to keep up hope and have a decent nami :p. Also noticed that j4 didn't upgrade his spirit stone... is that weird or is it just me?

ehsrnBG.jpg

Very dumb not to. It's like a 1350g upgrade for like 500 HP and some cd reduction. Why the hell wouldn't you.

You got a Sivir. No fair >_<.

I was kinda upset because she's a bit of a counter to Cait and Leona is somewhat one to. Instead, me and Blitz switched Lanes and did a 2v1 at top vs Rumble. Worked fine because we took down 2 towers while they took 1 down at bottom. Quickly switched afterwards.

Boken

Banned
Group A:
Gaming Gear EU (other)
TSM (2nd)
Lemondogs (2nd)
Korea Seed 3 (SK T1/KTB)
China Seed 2

Group B:
Fnatic (1st)
Gambit (3rd)
Vulcun (3rd)
Samsung Galaxy Ozone (formerly MVP Ozone) (2nd)
Mineski (other)

Group A is, 3 2nd seeds, 1 other seed (GGeu), 1 3rd seed
Group B is, 1 1st seed, 1 2nd seeds, 1 other seed (mineski) and 2 3rd seeds

===================================================

BLmHXlO.png

CHN Regionals for World Championships
http://www.twitch.tv/riotgamesoceania - Stream LIVE!

vHC6aHY.png

(CHN regionals is double elimination)

Blizzard

Banned
I just realized I'm 17-3 in ranked with Draven. I should be playing him more...the problem is, a lot of the recent wins when I'm playing Draven feel like sheer luck, and it just happens to keep my win rate high. Imagine if I could play Draven WELL.

Newt

I just realized I'm 17-3 in ranked with Draven. I should be playing him more...the problem is, a lot of the recent wins when I'm playing Draven feel like sheer luck, and it just happens to keep my win rate high. Imagine if I could play Draven WELL.
I don't mind taking you under my wing :).

Same. I think I'm 10-0 in ranked as Lee Sin but I sure hell know those were all carry flukes. Majority of them were panic "shit who do I use?" jungle picks. I've seen a lot of Lee Sins who were way better than me.

Positive feedback for TommyT and Pangya.

Tommy was free for what I was looking for and Pangya came through on paid for both Pax skin/champ codes. Netting me and my brother-in-law ~8000rp for $5. Thank's to both of you. I dont know if the codes work tomorrow; but like I said earlier, one of my friends is looking for 2 codes for him and his (almost... hope she doesn't see this)fiance. I will trade a key apiece for(steam and origin... minus steam Mirrors Edge(If codes work tomorrow.)):

Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Populous

PM me please. If you are interested. I'm sorry for the fact that I will only send other code on verified LoL code. (I'm a junior since 2008....)

Newt

Positive feedback for TommyT and Pangya.

Tommy was free for what I was looking for and Pangya came through on paid for both Pax skin/champ codes. Netting me and my brother-in-law ~8000rp for $5. Thank's to both of you. I dont know if the codes work tomorrow; but like I said earlier, one of my friends is looking for 2 codes for him and his (almost... hope she doesn't see this)fiance. I will trade a key apiece for(steam and origin... minus steam Mirrors Edge(If codes work tomorrow.)):

Dead Space
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Populous

PM me please. If you are interested. I'm sorry for the fact that I will only send other code on verified LoL code. (I'm a junior since 2008....)
Region?

Newt

PBE changes. Lucian is still going to be outclassed by other ADCs.

Lucian
Piercing Light ( Q ) % of bonus AD changed to 55/70/85/100/115% from 60/75/90/105/120%
The Culling ( R ) base bullet damage increased to 50/55/60 from 40/50/60.
The Culling ( R ) AD ratio has been reduced to 20% from 25%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom