• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
-Tonight's Main Event!-
CuzrSeA.png
REGIONALS
Byiqdh7.png
v
FiTz5Bs.png

Bo5 - Decider blind pick.

Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet || http://www.twitch.tv/ongamenet2 (free HQ)

t1378546200z4.png

Delodax

Took a look at it on the PBE, seems really nice. The "Hotkeys" section is really long, feels kind of overwhelming especially when you can't really see much of it at once. I dunno if there is a way to break some of those options off into another tab without splitting up things that are categorically similar. Also, I'm not sure what the feasibility of something like this would be but it'd be kind of cool to tie smartcasting with certain ability types: i.e. you could associate all on target spells with smartcasting but leave skillshot abilities with their indicators.

I approve of the idea of sub-tabs. Seems like a gargantuan list to scroll through.

q545.png

First game as Anivia. Went 1 hour, 2 minutes. In the end, I had to make the decision to sell my boots for more damage to defend with, as they were pushing into our base with Baron buff, all of our inhibs down, our nexus-defending towers down, and bad intentions on their minds.

Not sure if it was really necessary or not, but 800 magic damage is quite the sight on any champ. More importantly, I could single-handedly defend the base from 3 lanes of super minions. Thank you, Based Anivia ult.

Tired as hell. Not sure if I enjoyed playing that champ or not. I barely even remember the beginning.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
So I guess they nerfed Garen on the PBE. I didn't realize they were changing his kit at all, but they lowered the damage on his spin, made it so you couldn't cancel out of it, and added some extremely small mini-crit chance to the spin. Super weird.

Boken

Banned
garens spin has 2s more cd, deals less damage, but gets some scaling crit chance to compensate

shit on his early game for a potentially stronger late game for dps garen

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
garens spin has 2s more cd, deals less damage, but gets some scaling crit chance to compensate

shit on his early game for a potentially stronger late game for dps garen
If you can't cancel it it's garbage late game too.

Also, Corki dominating in Korea and getting banned next game. I warned you guys.

Yeah, after reading the topic of the Diamond 1 Garen player, this is an overall massive nerf.

Because of the pseudo-RNG, you crit less often the more you crit in a period of time. If you're spinning and hitting multiple minions, the odds of critting the intended target is very low.

i played almost exclusively garen from 1-30, i don't get what they are trying to do.

i also think he looks worse now ingame, that sword looks off somehow.

Boken

Banned
nah he looks pretty cool tbh

its really their choice they wanna make him big and buff rather than tall

i think the issue is that they've incorrectly identified how problematic his laning is... or that the innate crit is an actual buff

jerd

Did they end up changing Riven's knockback to a knockup? Could have swore I read that but now I can't find it anywhere.

garath

I think trinity force is a more likely nerf candidate.

175% damage spellblade or increase the gold back

New triforce is pretty awesome. Turns out it is pretty good on vi. And hecarim loves it too. Seeing a lot more high elo guys build it on ezreal again.

Somebody tell me why nobody bans Ahri against Faker? Like, that has to be a number 1 ban against him.

Also, Ryu's Syndra leaves a lot to be desired, especially picking it against Faker who's a huge Syndra player. ://////////////////////

Boken

Banned
Got to work, trained the new employees, and now its time to watch some OGN.
there is more destruction in this game than the australian election
Somebody tell me why nobody bans Ahri against Faker? Like, that has to be a number 1 ban against him.

Also, Ryu's Syndra leaves a lot to be desired, especially picking it against Faker who's a huge Syndra player. ://////////////////////
the gank from the 1v2 lane was pretty next level though

poor ktb. maybe next season!

skt1 really deserve this.
WxVDrHx.png

Edwardo

there is more destruction in this game than the australian election

the gank from the 1v2 lane was pretty next level though

poor ktb. maybe next season!

skt1 really deserve this.
WxVDrHx.png

I wish I could've caught the other three matches. Were the other two wins just as big of a beatdown?

#thingsfakerdoes

so Korea actually has a team that could win worlds now.

Still though, NA and EU have a real chance this time out. Korean representation isn't as strong as it could have been.

OMG (should they qualify), SKT, C9 and Gambit the ones to watch for worlds.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
#thingsfakerdoes

so Korea actually has a team that could win worlds now.

Still though, NA and EU have a real chance this time out. Korean representation isn't as strong as it could have been.

OMG (should they qualify), SKT, C9 and Gambit the ones to watch for worlds.

ahahahahahahaha

ahahahahahahaha

MVP Ozone aren't a very strong team imo, and Sword got in on the back of Maknoon from two OGN seasons ago. NLB doesn't even count, tbh.

SKT is the only real threat from Korea.

OMG are a strong team. Think iG have regressed as well.

NA and EU at least in semis. Believe.

Also Fnatic.

Boken

Banned
Capitalism > Esports

Samsung rushed to buy MVP Ozone because they are going for worlds. They only bought one coach (choi), leaving the breakdancing coach (lim) for MVP to train their dota2 squad. Its like as long as Ozone is at worlds it doesnt matter, they dont care if the team wins or not :/ marketing power OP

but i dont know. maybe samsung isnt so ruthless as i imagine, and they have their own coaches and intend to create a legacy in league of legends, starting with samsung galaxy ozone

le bip

Neo Member
MVP Ozone aren't a very strong team imo, and Sword got in on the back of Maknoon from two OGN seasons ago. NLB doesn't even count, tbh.

SKT is the only real threat from Korea.

OMG are a strong team. Think iG have regressed as well.

NA and EU at least in semis. Believe.

Also Fnatic.

Just out of curiosity, what does make you think of Ozone as a weak team? Also, I don't really think Najin Sword are weaker than any western team. If anything, it was Maknoon holding them back during Spring, and half a split isn't enough to judge the addiction to Expession (already one of the best Korean toplaners) to the team. I'm pretty sure people will be surprised by Sword.

How does Renekton fare against Kayle? Played Renek for the first time in almost a year. I wasn't sure if she could kite me so we lane swapped. I demolished their Karth while Cass did OK against Kayle.

scy

How does Renekton fare against Kayle? Played Renek for the first time in almost a year. I wasn't sure if she could kite me so we lane swapped. I demolished their Karth while Cass did OK against Kayle.

The quick of it is that it depends on the player skill involved. At the low end, Renekton is easier to zone out so he'll be easier to control there; just an inherent advantage of ranged vs melee, even if it is pseudo-ranged like Kayle. A good Renekton, however, is able to just go in when the opportunity presents itself and out trade (if not just all-in for a kill) Kayle at the low levels (e.g., 2-3 notably).

I forgot about that discussion. Kayle is just that champion I'll never learn. I never seem to do that much damage with her no matter what build, but whenever I fight one she delivers metric tons of hurt.

I played Ryze against Riven and got CRUSHED. She just killed me over and over. I haven't lost so badly in a long time. I checked their pages and saw they were all CHALLENGER? We're just golds! riot pls

edit: WE QUEUED AGAIN. SAME TEAM.

edit2: Almost won it. We were a bit ahead for the most part of the game but flubbed the last 2 teamfights on top of a few bad decisions. I got Renekton against Akali. I managed to win it but she surprisingly so darn much early on. I was rushing a Hexdrinker but she actually went double Doran Blade which threw me off. Once I get some more items I could start bullying her. I could have continued messing her but I was starting to get worried about other lanes which were barely stalemates.

Gj! Don't take it too hard. 70% is pretty darn good. You should fly up the ranks. I placed silver 2 with 7/3 record as well. Only took 7-8 games or so to get to silver I. Your gains will be huge.

I got placed into bronze 1 after my placements. You'll get where you belong eventually.

Congrats!

Thanks, hopefully I'll keep winning, so far I have only played one more game and won 25 LP, against S1 and G5, so I have faith that I can make it to S1 soon. I think I'll wait until Monday anyways, weekends doesn't have good reputation to play ranked.

Also, is there a way to be contacted by somebody I don't have in my buddy list?

edit: Something funny. My friend sent a ticket to support asking if they could give him 15 RP he needed to buy something, and they did! but then he realized he actually needed 25 RP... so, he nows needs 10 more RP, haha.

brian!

regi being a dick to dade is only what u see on stream, irl they are co-workers, fellow leug players, friends, BROTHERS.

tsm and frost weren't trying to cheat at worlds last year, I mean that's only what you see on stream. everytime the camera was off of them they were chilling cuz they are co-workers and friends u kno, like brothers

okay. I've got 6300IP.

Zac, Fiora, Aatrox, Zed, Darius, or Syndra. Any input will be appreciated, as always. All look pretty fun, though Aatrox and Zed seem the least interesting of the group to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom