• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
okay. I've got 6300IP.

Zac, Fiora, Aatrox, Zed, Darius, or Syndra. Any input will be appreciated, as always. All look pretty fun, though Aatrox and Zed seem the least interesting of the group to me.
The one you like playing the most that isn't Fiora.

Leezard

okay. I've got 6300IP.

Zac, Fiora, Aatrox, Zed, Darius, or Syndra. Any input will be appreciated, as always. All look pretty fun, though Aatrox and Zed seem the least interesting of the group to me.

Out of those, Zac, Syndra and Zed are the ones I prefer. Zac is simple to play, but is really strong right now. Zed has a high skill cap, you can do stuff like this. Syndra is quite fun. Darius is a lane bully, but I find him quite boring and simple to play. Fiora can be good, but it's usually hard to fit her into a team. Aatrox is good, but I can see him not being very interesting.

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forums so I can't make a new post. Anyway I brought gifts! I just attended PAX got a ton of codes and they are about to expire! I had planned to give them away streaming, but, didn't get around to it.

You guys can sort out which ones have been used amongst yourselves

Hey guys kindly post up the pictures that have been used in a thumbnail or something, just so people aren't trying to put them in and wasting time :D

Mothman91

okay. I've got 6300IP.

Zed for sure. He can snowball extremely hard and can roam pretty well. He might seem a bit hard because of his energy being drained pretty harsh from using a simple combo.

Inskipp

Sweet, thanks for the codes man. I think I redeemed this card : http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o536/Azt3chnology/image_5_zps8ad261df.jpeg

okay. I've got 6300IP.

Really depends on what you're going for.

- Syndra for long- range poke and burst. Has a high skill- cap though.

- Zac and Aatrox for long cc gap closers and revive- passives. Both are pretty popular jungle picks atm.

- Zed for high burst and mobility. Can one- shot people late game.

- Darius for mastering the art of dunks.

- Fiora for feeding.

Pick your poison.

The one you like playing the most that isn't Fiora.
I haven't had a chance to try any of them yet. Or are you suggesting I just wait until they're in the free rotation before I decide? That's a consideration too. Fwiw, I've seen all of them in game several times and all are on my short list because I liked what I saw, so I'll have all of them eventually. Just not sure what to go for next.

Out of those, Zac, Syndra and Zed are the ones I prefer. Zac is simple to play, but is really strong right now. Zed has a high skill cap, you can do stuff like this. Syndra is quite fun. Darius is a lane bully, but I find him quite boring and simple to play. Fiora can be good, but it's usually hard to fit her into a team. Aatrox is good, but I can see him not being very interesting.
Noted and thank you. I was thinking Zac or Synd, so I'll take this as confirmation. :-D

Fiora...I'm not sure how viable she is (GAF doesn't seem too big on her), but I swear to God I've never seen a bad Fiora. So it'll probably be Zac, Synd or Fiora.

Sweet, thanks for the codes man. I think I redeemed this card : http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o536/Azt3chnology/image_5_zps8ad261df.jpeg

Really depends on what you're going for.

- Syndra for long- range poke and burst. Has a high skill- cap though.

- Zac and Aatrox for long cc gap closers and revive- passives. Both are pretty popular jungle picks atm.

- Zed for high burst and mobility. Can one- shot people late game.

- Darius for mastering the art of dunks.

- Fiora for feeding.

Pick your poison.
Ty. Fiora really that bad at higher levels of play? Damn. I'll delay picking her up then.

Ty. Fiora really that bad at higher levels of play? Damn. I'll delay picking her up then.

Eh, shouldn't it be on the contrary? The more you play the better your opponents, the less viable Fiora will be?

note: I haven't played Fiora, and I have only seen her in the other team, and luckily I was Fizz.

Neol

Fiora has a really good kit for 1v1, being able to outduel most top melee champs if used right. However she requires to stomp or win lane early if you want her to be good otherwise she falls off pretty hard.

Syndra is good if you want a challenge. Steep learning curve though.

Zac is fun and probably requires the least training out of the champions to learn. Don't have to worry much about falling off too as just jumping in and ulting is enough CC for your team to hopefully dish out dmg.

Fiora has a really good kit for 1v1, being able to outduel most top melee champs if used right. However she requires to stomp or win lane early if you want her to be good otherwise she falls off pretty hard.

Syndra is good if you want a challenge. Steep learning curve though.

Zac is fun and probably requires the least training out of the champions to learn. Don't have to worry much about falling off too as just jumping in and ulting is enough CC for your team to hopefully dish out dmg.
Understood!

Hey guys, I'm brand new to the forums so I can't make a new post. Anyway I brought gifts! I just attended PAX got a ton of codes and they are about to expire! I had planned to give them away streaming, but, didn't get around to it.

You guys can sort out which ones have been used amongst yourselves

Thank you very much. I took Arcade Hecarim and Riot Blitzcrank from this one.
http://s1146.photobucket.com/user/Azt3chnology/media/image_1_zps90486d79.jpeg.html

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
How viable is Jax jungle?
You mostly want junglers with high base damages. Jax is someone who doesn't really have that but instead scales incredibly well. He tends to be more suited to a lane where he can earn gold, but he is capable of filling the role of jungler.

Boken

Banned
why do you hate on zed, dreams??

and this graph is really telling. dayumn, that korean efficiency

BargraphRegionalObjectives.png

a lot of them have combos. can you be more specific? or do you want combos listed for 80 champs? lol

More only the lines of how Caitlyn can extend the range of her Q by using it immediately after her E or how Rengar used to be able to double empowered cast his Q and W. Things that aren't immediately known to new players.

Blizzard

Banned
If you can't cancel it it's garbage late game too.

Also, Corki dominating in Korea and getting banned next game. I warned you guys.

Yup.
#donttouchmyapcorkiriotpls

I think I predicted a Corki nerf as well -- was it just normal triforce AD Corki in Korea?

More only the lines of how Caitlyn can extend the range of her Q by using it immediately after her E or how Rengar used to be able to double empowered cast his Q and W. Things that aren't immediately known to new players.
Huh, I don't know the Caitlyn Q thing either. Is it something about using E to propel yourself forwards while Q charges?

Ferga

I think you're trying to get better at champ mechanics?

Boken

Banned

actuall youre meant to cast Q first and because it has a large input buffer, you can cast E during the animation and they will fire at the same time.

Blizzard

Banned
When Caitlyn moves back because of the her E there's a small window where you can cast her Q. If you time it right, the Q will start from Caitlyn's old position, thus "extending" the range.
Oh, I thought that was just the same as hitting Q, then E right afterwards, but I guess if you E first and it starts from the old position then it would be safer. That's a ton of mana for a very narrow skillshot though.

Boken

Banned
When Caitlyn moves back because of the her E there's a small window where you can cast her Q. If you time it right, the Q will start from Caitlyn's old position, thus "extending" the range.

Yes.

yeah it looks like that, but its actually Q-E

E's cast time is too short to be able to input a longer spell (Q).
funfact: you can also W-E on cait

Boken

Banned
in other news, ao shin is real (announced on china regionals)

but is a dragon. a chinese dragon.

"Ao Shin is a champion designed by Riot Games in collaboration with Tencent as a commemorate champion for the second LoL anniversary in China.
Apparently his spells are related to tornadoes, wind and water"

maybe hes the king of shurima desert. (nope hes an ionian god)

official release of info: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3844771

"Ao Shin isn't the next champion scheduled to come out, so he's still a ways off and many things are still subject to change." oh i see

jerd

Never get to watch these things because I'm never home. Just discovered there its a Twitch app. Uh oh.

Work productivity and study time about to plummet.

That dragon's legs looked way sexier in the poster.

drawkcaB

Holy shit Ao Shin is amazing. F'ing bought. I can't imagine he has anything to do with Shurima Desert though, the settings doesn't exactly scream water. With a name like Ao Shin he's either all by himself or Ionian.

EDIT: Oh snapcakes he's the Dragon in the Udyr comic.

EDIT: And the official sneak peak. I hope this isn't an Ahri like peak that'll take a while to materialize because of the timing involved. Also:

Ao Shin embodies this elemental duality, capable of raining good fortune on his allies and, in the very next breath, bringing stormy, thunderous ruin upon his foes.

Seems like either support or utility mage. Either way, soooo buying this guy. I just hope they got his movement animations right. Anivia's the only other flying champ and I can't stand how slow she is because the animation is off.

Boken

Banned
Never get to watch these things because I'm never home. Just discovered there its a Twitch app. Uh oh.

Work productivity and study time about to plummet.

That dragon's legs looked way sexier in the poster.

the poster is the next champ (apparently)

ao shin is confirmed not next

i hope so.
do not need another transforming dragon. but i can see it - human = support mode, dragon = offensive mode

ao shin lived among the ionians, protecting them in secret. when a terrible dark ice from freljord begins creeping across the land, ao shin must shed his human shell and take his true form to combat the darkness.

Mothman91

"Ao Shin is a champion designed by Riot Games in collaboration with Tencent as a commemorate champion for the second LoL anniversary in China.

official release of info: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3844771

"Ao Shin isn't the next champion scheduled to come out, so he's still a ways off and many things are still subject to change." oh i see

Oh shitttt...nature dragon champion.

Sounds like a support champ that can possibly go mid.

Boken

Banned
theres also this exchange:

CertainlyT also fielded a question on when his next champion would be coming out, which he announced it should be after the NEXT champion - which is being done by gypsylord!
"My next champ will be storming Summoner's Rift directly after our next addition to the League. GypsyLord's second champ stole the spot ahead of me."

This drew gypsylord into the conversion, replying:
"soon..."
Which lead CertainlyT to reply:
"No (tm)? You've jinxed us."
and then gypsylord to comment:
"Yeah I suppose exact dates are still up in the air."

So, certainlyT is probably the designer of Ao Shin (designer of darius, thresh, zyra and zed - 3/4 good champions is ok with me)

ao shin is champs away (ed: certainlyT IS the designer, but ao shin is far, far away)

gypsylord's champ is next

regarding the girl on the poster, gypsylord randomly says "it's not vi"

certainlyT: "you've jinxed us"

xelnath then adds: "in fact, I would say she's something > VI."

jerd

I really hope his launch skin is something more on the silly/fun side. Probably lots of funny stuff they can do with him for a skin, even if it means 1350 tier.

Boken

Banned
theres also the chance that ao shin is scheduled to come out on chinese new year.

:/ thats 6 months away

(ahri was made to celebrate the korean server, concept art preview to release took 6 months)

guess he is a chinese new year champ:
Meddler commented on this few minutes ago:
"One thing to bear in mind though is that this is a really early preview - this champ's quite a way off. For those wondering this is also a different champion to the one CertainlyT's mentioned he's working on that's a couple of champion releases away."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom