• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothman91

oZQVpSx.jpg

Most amazing Blitzcrank I've ever played with. Bot lane was a mess, Fidd was able to land his ulti/fear/ignite on me and I couldn't even live after that. Mid game, I steam rolled and got godlike.

Also now into my Gold II promotion series. I wonder if I'll skip it like I did for my Gold IV promotion series.

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the caliber of opponent I'm now playing against.

Like, I'm still very much in "learning the basics" mode (item purchasing decisions, last-hitting consistency, still don't know what abilities 50% of the roster do to have a good feel for what is and isn't safe to do) and I'm playing consistently against people that have clearly been playing for a very, very long time. It's not that I dislike working hard for wins or getting my ass kicked. That's been true for the last few weeks since I started. BUT...I don't feel like I'm getting time to really learn the new champ's combos or really get a feel for how to use them effectively. I'm too worried about trying to not get fucking wrecked by that Gold I guy with 2,000 wins across from me. I was fine going through that "ugly" phase with a given champ against others who were also clearly learning as they went along...but going through it against people who've been there and done that 100 times...

...Idunno. I liked having a margin for error because I still feel pretty clueless. Expectations were lower and mistakes didn't make you feel like a lane has been decided.

Should I just deal with it? Play against bots for awhile until I feel better about some of these champs? Suck it up and deal with all 30's in every game? Make a new account? Keep in mind I've been playing for less than a month.

Newt

I'm starting to feel overwhelmed by the caliber of opponent I'm now playing against.

Like, I'm still very much in "learning the basics" mode (item purchasing decisions, last-hitting consistency, still don't know what abilities 50% of the roster do to have a good feel for what is and isn't safe to do) and I'm playing consistently against people that have clearly been playing for a very, very long time. It's not that I dislike working hard for wins or getting my ass kicked. That's been true for the last few weeks since I started. BUT...I don't feel like I'm getting time to really learn the new champ's combos or really get a feel for how to use them effectively. I'm too worried about trying to not get fucking wrecked by that Gold I guy with 2,000 wins across from me. I was fine going through that "ugly" phase with a given champ against others who were also clearly learning as they went along...but going through it against people who've been there and done that 100 times...

...Idunno. I liked having a margin for error because I still feel pretty clueless. Expectations were lower and mistakes didn't make you feel like a lane has been decided.

Should I just deal with it? Play against bots for awhile until I feel better about some of these champs? Suck it up and deal with all 30's in every game? Keep in mind I've been playing for less than a month.
I think it's time for you to choose a champ, and stick with that champ whenever you can. Everyone here has champs that they like to main, for me that champion is pretty obvious. I would stick with the strong opponents and keep playing until you can win your lane yourself. Also, there's no way you should be up against gold 1s, probably just a smurf or something.

Boken

Banned

Should I just deal with it? Play against bots for awhile until I feel better about some of these champs? Suck it up and deal with all 30's in every game? Keep in mind I've been playing for less than a month.

the matchmaking will work it out

it seems like you were doing pretty well a week ago, the system may have over corrected your MMR.

bot games might be ok for trying out the mechanics/combo of the champ, but theyre not necessary.

ask the neogaf chat if anybody would 1v1 you

------------
oh yeah and, people "main" things often in LoL

Leezard

Should I just deal with it? Play against bots for awhile until I feel better about some of these champs? Suck it up and deal with all 30's in every game? Make a new account? Keep in mind I've been playing for less than a month.

The system seems to think you're quite good, then. Congratulations and I'm sorry to hear that.
You can play custom games, there are often "low-level only" custom games. There's also the bots as you mentioned, but you can also try 3v3 or Dominion. You should meet mostly new players there as well since you haven't got a chance to raise your MMR in those modes.

Who is this ban #2?
NyCepkp.jpg

Rengar and Annie got banned. Shyvanna actually played and taken top. China is a strange place. Why do they even have different icons for some champs? I understand different icons for some stuff because skulls and blood are taboo, but many of them don't have those.

Wildesy

Who is this ban #2?
NyCepkp.jpg

Rengar and Annie got banned. Shyvanna actually played and taken top. China is a strange place. Why do they even have different icons for some champs? I understand different icons for some stuff because skulls and blood are taboo, but many of them don't have those.

It's a really bad Karthus

173734376340.jpg

Newt

Who is this ban #2?
NyCepkp.jpg

Because some of the splashes are just straight up better.

Akali_OriginalSkin_Ch.jpg.jpg

drawkcaB

theres also the chance that ao shin is scheduled to come out on chinese new year.

:/ thats 6 months away

(ahri was made to celebrate the korean server, concept art preview to release took 6 months)

guess he is a chinese new year champ:

So this is just like Ahri. Bummer.

Boken

Banned
It's a really bad Karthus

173734376340.jpg
dat karthus skull
Who is this ban #2?
NyCepkp.jpg

apparently china has different taste to western world, so tencent gets special art done for certain champions

Ferga

Possibly the dumbest nidalee player i've ever seen. Goes into lane with 20 armour vs zed and builds no armour items until his died 5times.

Afks at 15minutes and votes no to every surrender vote. Fuckin hell
IGJRgcXh.png

The Zed's name is fitting.

Also holy shit Ao Shin looks amazing. Would like to see him in game, but he's so far off :(

Guess it's the female Zaun champion that's next, the one that might actually be Vi's sister.

jerd

Yeah I think that's what the next champ will be. I assume that's what the ">Vi" comment boken mentioned was alluding to unless someone has shed more light on that since then.

Boken

Banned
QKaELl1.png

t1379271600z4.png

Group Stage (double round robin, 40 games)
Code:
         [u]Group A[/u]   	|		[u]Group B[/u]
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/9/96/SKT1Logo_std.png[/img]SKT T1		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/3/3d/Samsunglogo_std.png[/img]Samsung Galaxy Ozone
[img]http://i.imgur.com/K1s31Yw.png[/img]OMG		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/4/48/Fnaticlogo_std.png[/img]Fnatic
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/c/ce/Lemondogslogo_std.png[/img]Lemondogs	|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/5/5b/GambitLogo_std.png[/img]Gambit
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/c/cb/Tsmlogo_std.png[/img]TSM		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/f/f0/Teamvulcunlogo_std.png[/img]Vulcun
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/0/04/GamingGearLogo_std.png[/img]GamingGear EU	|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/7/75/Mineskilogo_std.png[/img]Mineski

top two from each group go on to face the -

QUARTER FINALISTS (these teams with byes. bo3 quarters, bo5 semis and finals)
90xbqur.png
i4HL8Cn.png
qs59Xpr.png
e8VNuGR.png

Blizzard

Banned
I see only three people online on my friends list currently using the HTML status thing to make giant text.

The statuses are "TITTIES", "PENIS :D", and "ASS" (in rainbow colors). I thought there was a "VAGINA :D" but maybe that person changed it.

I'm sensing a trend here.

Polymath

Neo Member
Considering the scores and gold of one side you squandered an easy opportunity. Did no one want to push or something.

Thats the whole problem. People went kill crazy and nobody wanted to actually push.
I was sitting on a solid 2 deaths for the first 55 mins of the game. ended up dying because i couldn't do anything against them while mundo crushed our team, towers and inhibs.

And every time i desperately tried to stop the massive minion waves coming in to our base i got yelled at by our shen for being a noob and retard.....

In the end we deserved that loss though.
I have not once offended anyone in that game and just tried to communicate, ping and tell people who to focus but i got completely ignored.

Blizzard

Banned
Thats the whole problem. People went kill crazy and nobody wanted to actually push.
I was sitting on a solid 2 deaths for the first 55 mins of the game. ended up dying because i couldn't do anything against them while mundo crushed our team, towers and inhibs.

And every time i desperately tried to stop the massive minion waves coming in to our base i got yelled at by our shen for being a noob and retard.....

In the end we deserved that loss though.
I have not once offended anyone in that game and just tried to communicate, ping and tell people who to focus but i got completely ignored.
That's how people typically work. If people can kill, they may just try to keep doing that and not taking any towers or inhibitors, unfortunately, until the other team levels up to 18 and catches up.

I think it's time for you to choose a champ, and stick with that champ whenever you can. Everyone here has champs that they like to main, for me that champion is pretty obvious. I would stick with the strong opponents and keep playing until you can win your lane yourself.

I see. Finding one to "main" is a concept I'm going to have to get used to. I'm used to playing champs and roles depending on my mood at the moment. There are certainly some I'm better with than others, but eh...you guys see me posting daily about who I should pick up with my IP and who I shouldn't and asking noob questions. I don't think I've played a champ that I would want to play every day. Not yet. But I'll definitely take this under advisement.

Also, there's no way you should be up against gold 1s, probably just a smurf or something.
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/28814164#profile

that's me. you can see the kinds of opponents I'm getting. I'm still winning more than I'm losing, but shit definitely feels like a heavy lift every match now. Probably how it's supposed to feel, but like I said...I was enjoying having room to make mistakes. My last match for example, me and a guy dominated bottom lane (I started 4/0 with Tristana) but top and mid got hard-bodied by a Gold 1 Riven (championship skin, srys bidness) and a decent Silver 1 Yi. We had no wards all game which didn't help matters but...yea. IDK.

ask the neogaf chat if anybody would 1v1 you
just joined it. thanks for the tip. I didn't realize there was a built-in chat room system.

The system seems to think you're quite good, then. Congratulations and I'm sorry to hear that.
You can play custom games, there are often "low-level only" custom games. There's also the bots as you mentioned, but you can also try 3v3 or Dominion. You should meet mostly new players there as well since you haven't got a chance to raise your MMR in those modes.
I didn't realize I even have an MMR. I assumed that didn't kick in until I started playing ranked. Thanks for the insight.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
1)duo queue exists. you are going to find higher level players sometimes at the cost of weaker teammates.
2)you are 30, what do you expect? it's not like gold one players are something to be feared.
3)championship riven was just a skin for sale.

also, most people run barrier and not ignite while playing ad carry right now. your mastery trees could also use some work.

1)duo queue exists. you are going to find higher level players sometimes at the cost of weaker teammates.
2)you are 30, what do you expect? it's not like gold one players are something to be feared.
3)championship riven was just a skin for sale.

also, most people run barrier and not ignite while playing ad carry right now. your mastery trees could also use some work.
1.) Yes, I'm aware.

2.) I just hit 30 two days ago. It's been a subject/problem I've mentioned consistently for the last 2 weeks. And generally speaking, I'd expect to be matched with people around my experience level; not guys with 3,000 wins.

3.) He was still better than our top and he ran over him.

4.) Mastery's - maybe later. Everything could use some work. I still feel like I have no idea what's going on around me half the time.

Dreams, duo queue with me sometime?

sure

scy

2.) I just hit 30 two days ago. It's been a subject/problem I've mentioned consistently for the last 2 weeks. And generally speaking, I'd expect to be matched with people around my experience level; not guys with 3,000 wins.

For what it's worth, the system tries. It's not perfect, and it most likely never will be, but it does tend to. Also, not to make things worse or anything but four of the enemy team were a premade anyway. To the system, their average MMR more-or-less matches the average MMR of your team.

If nothing else, you can use it as an opportunity to learn something. What did they do to carry the game? It's not really as simple as "that one guy had a lot of kills so they won" but more like "had a lot of kills and killed our jungler/mid lane/bot lane a lot" or something. Getting kills is one thing but doing something with it is what actually wins games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom