• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm lucky to be losing only 4-5 LP in Silver I right now, but I imagine my luck will run out and I'll be demoted soon if I keep playing so badly. If anyone would like to give me playstyle advice after watching games that would be appreciated (other than advice to play different champions -- I'm mainly interested in learning tactics and mechanics for what I do play).

I think I'm starting to see the Gold V stuff people talk about though. Like 3 players in 2 games not communicating with anyone except to rage insults in chat, say "stay silver" "this is why you deserve silver" "just lose you deserve it" "I hope you're silver forever" or similar. :/

Mothman91

I think I'm starting to see the Gold V stuff people talk about though. Like 3 players in 2 games not communicating with anyone except to rage insults in chat, say "stay silver" "this is why you deserve silver" "just lose you deserve it" "I hope you're silver forever" or similar. :/
Wow, I'm glad I haven't met those kind of people yet.

Ken

I'm lucky to be losing only 4-5 LP in Silver I right now, but I imagine my luck will run out and I'll be demoted soon if I keep playing so badly. If anyone would like to give me playstyle advice after watching games that would be appreciated (other than advice to play different champions -- I'm mainly interested in learning tactics and mechanics for what I do play).

u wanna duo?

Silver 4 promos run again - win first game, second game have Kayle and TF instalock over mid and Kayle refused to swap to support. Add to that the Instalock Teemo first pick we didn't have an ADC, supp or jungler with only two picks left.

This community is cancer.

I am pretty sure the only way to get into Gold V immediately is if you win all your matches. Those 2 loses so far are not doing you any favors getting into Silver I either.

I am pretty sure the only way to get into Gold V immediately is if you win all your matches. Those 2 loses so far are not doing you any favors getting into Silver I either.

From a few pages ago:
Holy shit GAF, I did it...
idTDsutRi10b9.JPG

I think you may be placed between Silver III-I, if you win the rest of your games, maybe Gold V, but who knows.

Mothman91

Loading game..right when it starts I disconnect...ok.

Wow...wtf, a queue when I'm in a game already?
Riotpls. Oh wait...they stole my red while I was gone. Nice, already behind in jungling.
Oh yeah, to make it worse, Trist and Lux hated each other and didn't give a fuck. They were on our inhib towers for the majority of the game. A few team fights later...we slowly start winning them.

Oh yeah bitches, and I skipped Gold II. I even skipped Gold IV earlier too, I'm guessing my MMR is really high?
Maybe Platinum is a reality now.

Avinexus

Nah. My brother just got into Gold so I looked through the divisions for people that were getting placed there. There was a 10-0 guy in Gold I and various guys that won 7 or 8 games in Gold II through V, and this was just one group of people. Has less to do with the amount of games and more to do with who you are playing/winning against.

DeadNames

Banned
Whoever said wukong mid is lying. I took him mid and syndra absolutely donged me. Doesn't help that she has the highest burst in the game tough.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, going 1 for 1 nonstop in ranked today. Some games I get competent teammates who understand basic objective control. Other times I get imbeciles who leave Shen and Blitz open while they ban Tryndamere and Aartox and don't speak the entire game. Ranked is truly a mixed bag.

Ah well, at least going 1 for 1 lets me climb the ladder.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i leave shen open

It was more the combination of him and Blitz. I got hooked level 1 and we killed their ADC because I know how to react. But after Shen hit 6 there was just nothing that could be done. Shen alone is not a big deal.

Ken

It was more the combination of him and Blitz. I got hooked level 1 and we killed their ADC because I know how to react. But after Shen hit 6 there was just nothing that could be done. Shen alone is not a big deal.

uh you can bait his tp and let top take his tower

Ferga

Shen's never banned and rarely picked in my games

It's not because people don't know how to play him, it's because people don't know who to play with him

Boken

Banned
So, somebody have a recipe for Waffles in his status in LoL, yep.
screencaps?
Shen's never banned and rarely picked in my games

It's not because people don't know how to play him, it's because people don't know who to play with him

pretty much. I've played shen a few times in solo queue, and the team never knows how to take advantage of the fact that they have a split pushing shen

Telaso

Banned
I buckled down today and just played ranked until I got Gold. I lost 2 games due to DC's and won the rest. I must have gotten really lucky. And of course I have the itch for Plat now but hopefully dont need to scratch it.

boxbox does ok

Bischu is even better.

Blizzard

Banned
I buckled down today and just played ranked until I got Gold. I lost 2 games due to DC's and won the rest. I must have gotten really lucky. And of course I have the itch for Plat now but hopefully dont need to scratch it.

I've been wildly inconsistent all day, even though I've been practicing and taking notes with the goal of getting more consistent. I've been super lucky that I only gain or lose 3-5 LP in silver I but who knows what may be happening to my MMR in some dark equation at Riot.

Pancakes

Denial: I'm happy with gold, I don't need plat
Anger: All these other noobs hitting platinum, I'm better than they are!
Bargaining: Maybe if I can just get someone to duo with me...
Depression: My teammates (and I) are bad, I will never reach Plat...
Acceptance: I may not be able to reach plat this season but starting off at high gold will give me a great advantage in season 4.

How do you do the friends list? It doesn't work for me, but the message to in-game player works fine.

From reddit:
To all whondering why they cant copy into the status:
  1. Click the status bar once! Dont click twice so you can type. Once!
  2. Go to your code line and click ctrl + a.
  3. Drag the marked code into the white box.
  4. Enjoy your new awesome status! :)

You use html like: <font color="#0080FF" size="10">Swimmingly!</font>

Boken

Banned

Bischu is even better.

err yeah i meant bischu

From reddit:
To all whondering why they cant copy into the status:
  1. Click the status bar once! Dont click twice so you can type. Once!
  2. Go to your code line and click ctrl + a.
  3. Drag the marked code into the white box.
  4. Enjoy your new awesome status! :)

You use html like: <font color="#0080FF" size="10">Swimmingly!</font>

How do you "drag" text? It just highlights it.

edit: Figured you can drag it from the browser, but it doesn't display properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom