• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
simpdancer8buw.gif

STARTED FROM THE BOTTOM

B5-S4 ;'(

Esxuoid.png

Boken

Banned
QKaELl1.png

t1379271600z4.png

(OT will probably go up with 3 days to go)

Group Stage (double round robin, 40 games)
Code:
         [u]Group A[/u]   	|		[u]Group B[/u]
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/9/96/SKT1Logo_std.png[/img]SKT T1		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/3/3d/Samsunglogo_std.png[/img]Samsung Galaxy Ozone
[img]http://i.imgur.com/K1s31Yw.png[/img]OMG		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/4/48/Fnaticlogo_std.png[/img]Fnatic
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/c/ce/Lemondogslogo_std.png[/img]Lemondogs	|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/5/5b/GambitLogo_std.png[/img]Gambit
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/c/cb/Tsmlogo_std.png[/img]TSM		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/f/f0/Teamvulcunlogo_std.png[/img]Vulcun
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/0/04/GamingGearLogo_std.png[/img]GamingGear EU	|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/7/75/Mineskilogo_std.png[/img]Mineski

top two from each group go on to face the -

QUARTER FINALISTS (these teams with byes. bo3 quarters, bo5 semis and finals)
90xbqur.png
i4HL8Cn.png
qs59Xpr.png
e8VNuGR.png

For Tryn (I've only laned with him) I always try to get some sustain first, so either Blade of the Ruined King or Ravenous Hydra is my first item after boots. He's great in lane if you can get a full fury meter, then just auto every time your laning opponent tries to trade with you. If you can get a crit (30% chance with full rage I think) then you will easily win the trade, and can probably get a couple more hits in then zone them out a bit. With your q, try not to use it in lane until you have a wave of other creeps in front of you for you to gain more rage with: pop the Q and then E through the group for a ton of fury (assuming you don't mind pushing the lane). Remember that W also lowers the enemy's AD so you can use it before engaging if you're chasing them to make them even weaker 1v1. Static Shiv should almost always be your second item imo. Everything about it is perfect for Tryndamere.

I usually choose between wanting to split push all game in which case I go Hydra, or if I want to win 1v1s in which case I go BotRK.

In a 1v1, save your q so you can ult, e away, then q to get some health back. It's best used to save you from ignite or other dot effects, especially early game.

The most annoying matchups I've found are Darius and Teemo. Teemo is a pain with his blind + harass making him almost a perfect counter for Tryn. You really have to be aggressive if you can. As soon as his blind is down, engage. Darius is not too hard to lane against or anything but his bleed is a great way to kill you after you ult, making it pretty difficult to tower dive him and get away with it. Plus his strong burst with E>AA>Q>R makes him dangerous if you don't pop your ult in time.

Blizzard

Banned
I may try Zed again. Is he viable against most any mids in silver ranked? If so, what are some good general build/skill/technique orders, and/or a guide?

I might try several games with him again so that I can try to focus more on taking objectives myself in case I am doing well but teammates do not want to push buildings.

DeadNames

Banned
I may try Zed again. Is he viable against most any mids in silver ranked? If so, what are some good general build/skill/technique orders, and/or a guide?

I might try several games with him again so that I can try to focus more on taking objectives myself in case I am doing well but teammates do not want to push buildings.

Viable? VIABLE?! Zed is op! A typical combo for zed is W, E, q for poking and when ulting r, e, q and if u can pull it off, throw another shadow out there. Always try to get some aas in there to increase damage.

Mothman91

About to buy the Renekton/Graves skin.

I have the Mafia Graves skin, but I can't skip out on his pool party one.

Btw, how long are these skins on sale for? I'm guessing they will be going to the vault soon?

Annnd ranked again. Oh god.

Arrgh another good Quinn game (3/0 early) that ends in stupid loss.

Trying to forget about it by trying Nami in ranked. This is the stupidest idea.

Viable? Zed is fucking AMAZING at all levels. Extremely high skill cap though.

Annnd ranked again. Oh god.

Arrgh another good Quinn game (3/0 early) that ends in stupid loss.

Trying to forget about it by trying Nami in ranked. This is the stupidest idea.

Spoilers: It was the stupidest idea. In fairness, nobody blamed me. But I blamed myself.

However! It could have been worse. Landed some legit bubbles, did at least one great ult. Need to work on panicking less in teamfights, just like with every other champion. >.<

Edit: and my 300th post is me making a transition from self-deprecating to not-bad-face. I'll take it.

drawkcaB

Aight so after about a years hiatus, I decided to come back to this with a smurf.

Trying to pick up Lissandra, still rusty so any tips?

This might seem stupid, but playing vs. bots in custom matches helped me play Liss. The main reason is that her Q is deceptive to hit and her W is on-click so you never really see its range. Just play vs. a bot and practice landing both until the ranges and general feel become intuitive.

Has anyone else had trouble playing Zac jungle? I've tried about 5 times and they've all been lackluster games and I'm wondering if I should just stop trying. His kit is strong, seen lots of pro vids with him doing well, obviously a strong pick, but between my inability to make him work and my current jungle picks of Sej, Naut, Udyr, Elise, and Vi, I'm wondering if I should stop trying to make it happen with Zac.

knee

Have the PAX Skins expired yet? I know it said 5 days, but have they actually hit the switch?

Yeah, I know it's lame to quote oneself-- but I've answered my own question.

The skins are still active. On top of that, I had a Full Metal Rammus from PAX East (back in March) that successfully activated last night.

forgrim

This might seem stupid, but playing vs. bots in custom matches helped me play Liss. The main reason is that her Q is deceptive to hit and her W is on-click so you never really see its range. Just play vs. a bot and practice landing both until the ranges and general feel become intuitive.

Has anyone else had trouble playing Zac jungle? I've tried about 5 times and they've all been lackluster games and I'm wondering if I should just stop trying. His kit is strong, seen lots of pro vids with him doing well, obviously a strong pick, but between my inability to make him work and my current jungle picks of Sej, Naut, Udyr, Elise, and Vi, I'm wondering if I should stop trying to make it happen with Zac.

My main jungler is Zac and I personally feel he's incredibly strong. You just have to get used to his kit. R>E>W>Q should be what you focus on. Maxing out E quickly gives you incredible ganking presence if you know the different angles that Zac can initiate from. An example would be top lane, if purple side has pushed to tower and has warded the river. You can initiate from north of the tri bush and totally take the opponent out by surprise. Hitting him with E kb then letting him use his escape and ulting it will cause an almost guaranteed kill for your top laner. He's more squishier initially, but as soon as you build a sunfire cape, you'll be fine.

On top of the fact that if it goes late game, you're such a huge asset to your team in team fights.

garath

I was going to post about zac but fogrim covered it. He has a small window where he does some damage early but he is primarily a tanky control jungler. His E and R give you quite a bit of cc and in a team fight his ult will knock up each person once if you land it well. He is all about the initiation and knock ups. Build him tanky. He also excels at taking objectives because he can tank all day and heal it all back.

But you already have a pretty good pool of tanky control champs so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Got dayum, had a game that was borderline unplayable. It was like a DBZ battle, people were teleporting all over the place. I was thinking it's Riot, but it was just me, my friend, and our jungler Nocturne, everyone else was fine. I've had some unusual lag this past few days, I'm thinking it's Verizon.

Edit: Looks like I wasn't the only one.
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1m54md/unbearable_lag_on_na/
I'm not on Verizon and I have been having the same issues. People need to stop blaming their ISPs and hold Riot accountable.

Blizzard

Banned
I think there was some pretty bad lag the last day or two as well. One game I completely disconnected right as the laning phae started, and the rest of the internet was fine, but I had to kill/restart the client to get back in.

The pool party splash music is awesome! I love the surf guitar. Who has the really long hair and is crazy thin in the left side? It took me a while to figure out what was going on in that part of the picture.

Won a really fun lane that really helped me understand lane synergy in this game.

I was on Tristana, this other dude was on Leona. That shit is too good. Once Leona hits level 3, every time she landed the E, it was time to collect another kill. Whereas I feel like Quinn is strongest with someone like Sona or Janna...someone who can help keep her healthy while she farms. Or someone like Ezreal is stronger with someone like Soraka who can help him spam his shyt endlessly. Maybe. Idunno.

Mothman91

My friend is trying to broaden his top champions, he currently uses GP/Renekton. I'm telling him to try out a AP top, and I told him to choose from Kennen/Rumble/Vlad.

What do you guys think? Should he be thinking of someone else besides those 3, or maybe another AD bruiser?

Telaso

Banned
Ok you bastards, since it only took me a day to get gold, i figure why not keep going and see if plat is reachable without having to play another 100 games.

Come watch me fail :D

twitch.tv/telasoman - best looking stream on twitch :D

Mothman91

Ok you bastards, since it only took me a day to get gold, i figure why not keep going and see if plat is reachable without having to play another 100 games.

Come watch me fail :D

twitch.tv/telasoman - best looking stream on twitch :D

Just took a quick look, and I wanted to say I love you for having the best Corki skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom