• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
i love card games. i mean

QKaELl1.png

t1379271600z4.png

(OT will probably go up with 3 days to go)

Group Stage (double round robin, 40 games)
Code:
         [u]Group A[/u]   	|		[u]Group B[/u]
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/9/96/SKT1Logo_std.png[/img]SKT T1		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/3/3d/Samsunglogo_std.png[/img]Samsung Galaxy Ozone
[img]http://i.imgur.com/K1s31Yw.png[/img]OMG		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/4/48/Fnaticlogo_std.png[/img]Fnatic
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/c/ce/Lemondogslogo_std.png[/img]Lemondogs	|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/5/5b/GambitLogo_std.png[/img]Gambit
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/c/cb/Tsmlogo_std.png[/img]TSM		|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/f/f0/Teamvulcunlogo_std.png[/img]Vulcun
[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/0/04/GamingGearLogo_std.png[/img]GamingGear EU	|	[img]http://hydra-images.cursecdn.com/lol.gamepedia.com/7/75/Mineskilogo_std.png[/img]Mineski

top two from each group go on to face the -

QUARTER FINALISTS (these teams with byes. bo3 quarters, bo5 semis and finals)
90xbqur.png
i4HL8Cn.png
qs59Xpr.png
e8VNuGR.png

Edwardo

Never let premades go bot lane either.

I agree with this because of the chance of them facing a non-premade higher-ranking adc and support. =P

I disagree, but it might be a rare case. My and a friend duo fairly often and generally we will just fill. More times than not we will end up both bot and win more than we lose. To be fair though, if we end up in separate lanes the our level of success is much higher because we have more impact on the whole map as opposed to just botlane.

I disagree, but it might be a rare case. My and a friend duo fairly often and generally we will just fill. More times than not we will end up both bot and win more than we lose. To be fair though, if we end up in separate lanes the our level of success is much higher because we have more impact on the whole map as opposed to just botlane.

Exactly. Whilst it's true bot lane duo can work, obviously, i usually try and lock in supp if they're 1st/5th pick just to stop any horror show they may cause. If they're on Skype etc together they're a lot better going jungle and another role than both bot as you mention.

garath

Anytime someone says they are duo bot lane I cringe. Anecdotal evidence shows the duo bot lane winning their lane only 20% of the time.

Leezard

Indeed, duo bots seldom work well.

The exception would be two of my friends in D1, they go duo bot and just win it pretty much all the time.

Achtius

Because grapes that cannot be eaten are sour. Jk.

My duo bot record with newt is at at least 50% win if not higher. I am not saying we are unbeatable but finding a good duo bot partner is hard. I don't click with other people even if they are gaffer because our playstyle is different.

Zukuu

Banned
jarvan support. which spec, which runes?

Atm I'm using my lulu runes (mana reg reds+blues, armor yellow, gp10 quints) and a 9/21/0 build, but recently tried a 4/21/5 build, which gives a bit less damage, but more utility (flash cd, mana reg, recall reduce).

Any opinions? If I spec into mana reg, I might not need mana reg runes and could go full armor runes +gp10 quints. Alternatively, I could go for 0.5% health yellows and armor reds.

Zukuu

Banned
Unless you are doing e-q all day why do you need mana Regan.

That's what I'm thinking. Haven't run into mana issues yet. (only played 3 games as jarv sup so far tho). Just used my Lulu Rune page, since new rune pages are costly and I need the mana reg on her. Also picked him on a whim, so didn't prepare anything. I like him more than Lulu somehow tho. I think tanky chars are my favorite chars. Also have Leona, might try her as well. Cho'Gat support is kinda meh. Didn't really brings much table in laning phase.

0.5% health yellows are btw rather good after some calculations. Why are they not more popular? That's 4.5% health, considering 30 health from spec and 520 hp on lvl 1, that's 25 health (9xflat blues yield 45 health). That's on level 1 without items. Bring in a Ruby Sightstone, and/or a higher level, and it outshines them greatly. Fotm magic resist / level is yet another option for blues. Alternatively, I could also just go for armor pen reds.

Boken

Banned
yeah they do give you decent health, but you need to remember that you are forgoing armor for them.

a full yellow of armor gives you more effective health than 4.5%

Zukuu

Banned
yeah they do give you decent health, but you need to remember that you are forgoing armor for them.

a full yellow of armor gives you more effective health than 4.5%

Full Yellow armor is a lock in any but one rune page (for AP mid vs AP mid). I somehow thought the % hp are blues. Don't ask me, I'm confused. Yeah, then they are not an option. I even wrote yellow lmao. @_@

Starting to work on armor blues and then armor reds. Not sure if they beat armor pen tho.

scy

Full Yellow armor is a lock in any but one rune page (for AP mid vs AP mid). I somehow thought the % hp are blues. Don't ask me, I'm confused. Yeah, then they are not an option. I even wrote yellow lmao. @_@

Starting to work on armor blues and then armor reds. Not sure if they beat armor pen tho.

Armor Yellows are good vs APs as well since the bulk of their early game harassment will be auto attacks, not spells.

Zukuu

Banned
Armor Yellows are good vs APs as well since the bulk of their early game harassment will be auto attacks, not spells.
I rarely, if ever, get AAs on my mid char. At least not to a degree where that outweighs endless harras on my part.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Weeee the paypal deposit finally went through.

JUTFiJJ.png

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
playing with gaf has gotten to the point where almost every single game feels like an uphill struggle while missing limbs, where key roles regularly move past the point of just losing lane to feeding it and becoming useless. it is honestly worse than solo in many respects where it shouldn't be. a lot of the frustration arises from the complete lack of knowledge that many players posses. when so many of you are incapable of properly filling half the roles in the game champ select can feel like pulling teeth. guess what, it is not okay that so many of you cannot play every role. to compound matters even within those roles are limited champion pools, with which many of you still seem mechanically incompetent and unaware.

awareness in general is at an all time low. i can no longer count the number of times even within a single night where the enemy positioning will be pointed out followed by someone on my team dying. the channels for communication might as well be non-existent. warnings are not heeded, opportunities regarding objectives or ganks are not responded on, and even in spite of being so self-absorbed most players tend to be incapable on their own, wandering off to the spots on the map where they will be most useless. the most reliable thing about gaf games is that it will have players who are almost completely lacking map presence.

i don't care about winning or think i am good/above these mistakes. i understand that people can have tough lanes and lose. that's okay. but the experience of play is simply consistently unpleasant, completely lacking in both coordination and common sense. i would rather not play with people who think it's okay to feed a lane just because it's lost.

garath

JUTFiJJ.png

Hehe. Wish I knew about that before I set up the payroll deposit. Oh well. It's not hurting anything :)

It's awesome having that much RP. Kind of want a legendary skin but none of my favorite champions have one.

playing with gaf has gotten to the point where almost every single game feels like an uphill struggle while missing limbs, where key roles regularly move past the point of just losing lane to feeding it and becoming useless.

Your fault for not inviting me to ADC anymore, dickass.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Your fault for not inviting me to ADC anymore, dickass.
that is exactly what gaf needs. more people playing adc.
uh, i don't see you on my list even. if i haven't played with people in awhile i am less conscientious about inviting them.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Newt

playing with gaf has gotten to the point where almost every single game feels like an uphill struggle while missing limbs, where key roles regularly move past the point of just losing lane to feeding it and becoming useless. it is honestly worse than solo in many respects where it shouldn't be. a lot of the frustration arises from the complete lack of knowledge that many players posses. when so many of you are incapable of properly filling half the roles in the game champ select can feel like pulling teeth. guess what, it is not okay that so many of you cannot play every role. to compound matters even within those roles are limited champion pools, with which many of you still seem mechanically incompetent and unaware.

awareness in general is at an all time low. i can no longer count the number of times even within a single night where the enemy positioning will be pointed out followed by someone on my team dying. the channels for communication might as well be non-existent. warnings are not heeded, opportunities regarding objectives or ganks are not responded on, and even in spite of being so self-absorbed most players tend to be incapable on their own, wandering off to the spots on the map where they will be most useless. the most reliable thing about gaf games is that it will have players who are almost completely lacking map presence.

i don't care about winning or think i am good/above these mistakes. i understand that people can have tough lanes and lose. that's okay. but the experience of play is simply consistently unpleasant, completely lacking in both coordination and common sense. i would rather not play with people who think it's okay to feed a lane just because it's lost.
*Tries not to cry*
h1Peuhp.png

*Cries a lot*

Pancakes

Welp, time to bust out the relationship charts again.

Delodax

Anytime someone says they are duo bot lane I cringe. Anecdotal evidence shows the duo bot lane winning their lane only 20% of the time.

Bah! Sometimes they win, sometimes that lose. The main issue is that add soon as a duo bot does something wrong the rest of the team flips -> even worse play by the duo.

Newt

The problem with duo bots in the most of the time they don't blame each other for mistakes that they make, so neither of the players improve.

That's no problem for me though, because I'm a **** like that

Sorry ach :)

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

Come play Dota. We're much better and nicer. :)

scy

I rarely, if ever, get AAs on my mid char. At least not to a degree where that outweighs endless harras on my part.

I wouldn't take people playing poorly as a reason to not do something to be honest. Just sort of breeds bad habits if you expect to never be auto attack (or even neglect minion damage) harassed. Especially for how minor of a bonus MP5 is for lane.

I think the worst of it is that this has almost always been the case but people respond poorly to being told it in any manner. Like, we have voice chat but it's not really used. It's just sort of there for people to filter out. Or get snarky remarks back to calls. People who don't want to actively get better but complain about it constantly. I don't really care when people lose their lane / get caught / do something dumb. Just work on doing better next time. Don't whine and complain about it. Don't make up excuses. Don't blame the game. Recognize what you did wrong and work on it.

Like, I get that my mechanics are horrible right now after basically playing no games the last ~6 months (my Kat looks like a Level 5 player ;__;) but, honestly, that's on me. I'm torn between wanting for us to play more games so I can just work on things but games at times are fairly frustrating depending on who's on. Which shouldn't be the case but, unfortunately, that's kind of how it feels right now.

Newt

I wouldn't take people playing poorly as a reason to not do something to be honest. Just sort of breeds bad habits if you expect to never be auto attack (or even neglect minion damage) harassed. Especially for how minor of a bonus MP5 is for lane.

I think the worst of it is that this has almost always been the case but people respond poorly to being told it in any manner. Like, we have voice chat but it's not really used. It's just sort of there for people to filter out. Or get snarky remarks back to calls. People who don't want to actively get better but complain about it constantly. I don't really care when people lose their lane / get caught / do something dumb. Just work on doing better next time. Don't whine and complain about it. Don't make up excuses. Don't blame the game. Recognize what you did wrong and work on it.

Like, I get that my mechanics are horrible right now after basically playing no games the last ~6 months (my Kat looks like a Level 5 player ;__;) but, honestly, that's on me. I'm torn between wanting for us to play more games so I can just work on things but games at times are fairly frustrating depending on who's on. Which shouldn't be the case but, unfortunately, that's kind of how it feels right now.
Yeah, I think it's definitely good to call people out on mistakes if they're making them, for the sake of improvement. This should be especially true for ranked. If I'm ever playing like garbage please bring it up, Scy. I'll do the same for you.

Yeah, I think it's definitely good to call people out on mistakes if they're making them, for the sake of improvement. This should be especially true for ranked. If I'm ever playing like garbage please bring it up, Scy. I'll do the same for you.

to be fair, I was in there last night and there was a discussion re: the best way to build Vayne. Multiple people said to you that if you plan on building Blade of the Ruined King, you should max W as it's a more attack speed focused build and will give you better damage, as opposed to maxing Q which scales off raw AD.

Then in the game you ignored that and maxed Q anyway while going BotRK. Like, maybe it works the odd time, but it's not the best way to build the character and despite asking for people's advice you straight up ignored it.

Newt

to be fair, I was in there last night and there was a discussion re: the best way to build Vayne. Multiple people said to you that if you plan on building Blade of the Ruined King, you should max W as it's a more attack speed focused build and will give you better damage, as opposed to maxing Q which scales off raw AD.

Then in the game you ignored that and maxed Q anyway while going BotRK. Like, maybe it works the odd time, but it's not the best way to build the character and despite asking for people's advice you straight up ignored it.
To be honest, I planned on maxing w that game. I kinda subconsciously maxed q without thinking about, since I guess I was just used to doing it. I realized at level 4 that it had two levels on it, but at that point I just figured it would be better to go with the q since it was already too late.

drawkcaB

I'm pretty sure Zed and Ahri nerfs are pretty much confirmed.

Ahri's nerfs are probably going to be light going by what Morello said a few days ago. I honestly wonder how harsh the Zed nerfs will be. On the one hand yes he's very strong, but on the other hand BotRK is a big reason for that and I have a feeling that the current iteration of BotRK won't make it into S4, so that may temper how hard they want to hit him.

Would any bronzies/low silver scrubs want to spar with me in custom matches to practice mid lane this weekend or whatever? I really want to learn that role and I don't get to play it often enough in my normals. I tried playing bot lane in Dom matches, but the dynamics are very different than in SR. Better players are welcome too, but it'll probably be more of a teaching exercise than practice (I'm turrble).

JesseZao

JUTFiJJ.png

Just got mine as well :D.
Even signed the wife up for one so double bonus! ha

I have no idea what to even buy. Will probably last me a year or two. I'll probably get IP boosts to get some of the last runes I don't own (if only I had a week of free time to make use of them). Really wish the shop would filter out what you already have.

Blizzard

Banned
Maybe this is a stupid question, but if your mechanics are as horrible as you make them out to be, how come you do so well in 3v3? Didn't your team hit diamond like twice in the last few months? If you have barely played at all, have horrible mechanics, and yet hit diamond once or twice, does 3v3 just have a different competitive environment or something?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me

This is one of those parody posts, right?

Pancakes

Just got mine as well :D.
Even signed the wife up for one so double bonus! ha

I have no idea what to even buy. Will probably last me a year or two. I'll probably get IP boosts to get some of the last runes I don't own (if only I had a week of free time to make use of them). Really wish the shop would filter out what you already have.

I want to spend it getting all the champs but I'm going to wait for individual sales to pick them all up. I only have 30 champs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom