• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrutas

Neo Member
Garen is so frustrating to play against with a melee champion. He silences you then spin2win. How do I deal with him?

Depends on the champion you're playing. But general tips are try to deny him brush control, either by warding or pushing your lane. Ranged champions like Elise generally have a pretty easy time against him. And if he just plays like most Garens do then ganking him with your jungler is pretty easy.

UmhR86p.jpg

granted, i got fed in lane because they had a ryze support, but still a hell of a way to hit 30.

i'm scared ;_;

jerd

Lately I've really been making an effort to announce enemy summoner usage and timers and I think its really helped me monitor my aggression. I can still never remember to do buff timers when I jungle, but you gotta start somewhere I guess. Feels pretty good to find something easy and little to improve on.

When I Garen it up versus Aatrox's I just build some armor.

Since all of the ones I've gone up against mindlessly AA'd enemies for the W heal I just waited till they proc'd their W then just went in. If they learn from this then that stops them from sustaining in lane since they know you're going to attack whenever they use their W on a minion.

I have no idea what to do as Aatrox other than asking for a gank.

Do you people have days were you play really bad? I'm not talking about losing streaks, just a day when you're playing really bad.

I don't know what happened to me yesterday, I was playing really really bad, lost 2 ranked games in a row, and tried again just one more game, got my ass carried (I ended like 1/1/12 as the adc marksman) and now I'm again in promotions, decided to wait til Monday because I was playing really bad, so I invited my friends to play some normals (full premade), played 2 games, and it was awful, I lost my lane in those 2 games, playing with Fizz and the other with Anivia, 2 of my friends were pretty sad because they have never seen me lost my lane (and because you could heard my depression in my voice, lol), we still won because we were better than the other teams.

But damn, I was playing as shit, it was depressing. ):

I hope I'm back to normal in Monday-Tuesday, I really want to be in Silver I before GTA V is released.

i now understand why people say ranked is full of terrible people.

holy jesus. i didn't think it could be worse than normals but lo and behold we had an alistar who started baron at level 7 despite everyone on our team telling him it was a bad idea.

scy

Wriggles isn't really that good for a laner, honestly. Or really that good of an item in general right now.

And if your opponent is building Armor, you really do not want to build Blade of the Ruined King against them.

drawkcaB

Isnt wriggles an essential jungle item?

Also, how is ziggs? He seems really fun plus those bombs do much damage.

He's alright. He's one of my favorite champs art wise, but that's the problem. He has this very manic personality but come mid and late game his W and E cooldowns are so stupidly long it breaks the mania about him. His ult is frankly lackluster compared to other AoE nukes as well. He also has lots of quirks in his kit, like how he has one of the few skillshots in the game that will force you to move you smartcast outside of the range.

Morello himself said something along the lines of "very good in lane, ??? late game" just last week when asked his thoughts and he's said before Riot is going to take another look at his kit because he has very few things to do late game.

Damn. I think I just got carried to a hot streak by Terbinator. :D

Four duo games, the last three were wins. Not a bad way to start spamming ranked as I had planned to do.

Kenai

One of the easiest laning phases you'll ever have.

Scales poorly into lategame. His W and E are good but the CDs are long. His ult is also kind of mediocre as far as offscreen stuff goes, though it's not particularly terrible.

I really like him and he's a safe pick but you have to absolutely win your lane, not just tie, because most mids scale better and are more of a threat late game.

Blizzard

Banned
What are the best "viable" non-Vayne ADC's currently? Draven can probably do well but since a bit after the nerfs I've gone from like 16-2 wins with him to 19-10, not a great ratio. In particular, even with 85+ MR from negatron, I was getting half my health eaten by Leona or Zac magic damage.

I have heard Twitch and Tristana are good currently and I guess MF, though I have never figured out how to do damage with MF. I still don't own Graves.

LCGeek

formerly sane
What are the best "viable" non-Vayne ADC's currently? Draven can probably do well but since a bit after the nerfs I've gone from like 16-2 wins with him to 19-10, not a great ratio. In particular, even with 85+ MR from negatron, I was getting half my health eaten by Leona or Zac magic damage.

I have heard Twitch and Tristana are good currently and I guess MF, though I have never figured out how to do damage with MF. I still don't own Graves.

Twitch is insane even with the nerfs. I always hear caitlyn is a solid pick.

MF damage is easy especially once you learn double up and her slow.

Newt

Draven, Twitch. Trist for solo q is really meh.

Edwardo

Varus!

Subtle

I may be biased, but I think Ashe is a really good solo q carry. She has almost as much range as Caitlyn, which makes her a beast against short range carries. One crit->W combo will usually make the enemy laner afraid of you. Late game she's a monster if you have a team that can follow up on your engages. As soon as the enemy carry overextends to farm you can stun them and take them out almost immediately in those mid-late game dances. Edit: just make sure to stress to your team not to engage until you shoot an arrow when you're waiting for a high priority target to overextend. Also, she's the best ADC to lose lane with. You don't need farm to slow and stun :)

Twitch is really good for his teamfighting and massive damage overall.

Corki is seemingly making a comeback, might want to check him out?

LCGeek

formerly sane
I may be biased, but I think Ashe is a really good solo q carry. She has almost as much range as Caitlyn, which makes her a beast against short range carries. One crit->W combo will usually make the enemy laner afraid of you. Late game she's a monster if you have a team that can follow up on your engages. As soon as the enemy carry overextends to farm you can stun them and take them out almost immediately in those mid-late game dances. Edit: just make sure to stress to your team not to engage until you shoot an arrow when you're waiting for a high priority target to overextend. Also, she's the best ADC to lose lane with. You don't need farm to slow and stun :)

Twitch is really good for his teamfighting and massive damage overall.

Corki is seemingly making a comeback, might want to check him out?

Ashe is good but to wield her right you really need to be lucky and good at setting up her crits and you need to nail her arrow. A lot of other adcs don't need what she does to start dealing out damage consistently usually just pop a steriod or whore out a skill and win. Love ashe just she is one of the few accesible adcs that to master you have to be on top of all her skills.

Blizzard

Banned
Twitch is insane even with the nerfs. I always hear caitlyn is a solid pick.

MF damage is easy especially once you learn double up and her slow.
I forgot about Caitlyn and Varus. I feel like I see a lot of Varus Zyra or maybe Varus Leona.

My problem with Caitlyn is that I think "I will harass from superior range", but the autoattack/animation time is so slow that by the time I shoot one shot, the enemy has already walked in range and attacked me (and probably used a Graves shotgun or something to do more damage). Cait attack + E can work if there aren't minions, but Q uses so much mana and does so much reduced damage through minions that I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Also especially if it's Vayne, if I try to autoattack the Vayne will use tumble to do damage and end up outside Cait's max range. Maybe the answer is rushing early AS?

Have won every ranked game I've played for the past couple days.

I need to find out if there's some reliable way to sow the seeds of discord within the enemy team to keep my win rate up.

He's alright. He's one of my favorite champs art wise, but that's the problem. He has this very manic personality but come mid and late game his W and E cooldowns are so stupidly long it breaks the mania about him. His ult is frankly lackluster compared to other AoE nukes as well. He also has lots of quirks in his kit, like how he has one of the few skillshots in the game that will force you to move you smartcast outside of the range.

W's cooldown fine. It's not meant for damage since it's really weak.
E is on the long side though. Either they lower E's cooldown, or they lower the passive's lategame cooldown if they want to encourage players to spend more time closer to teamfights with Q+passive.

I usually rush BT+LW on MF. Just really need to learn how to double up properly in lane. She's actually pretty decent at dueling another ADC because of W's grievous wounds.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I forgot about Caitlyn and Varus. I feel like I see a lot of Varus Zyra or maybe Varus Leona.

My problem with Caitlyn is that I think "I will harass from superior range", but the autoattack/animation time is so slow that by the time I shoot one shot, the enemy has already walked in range and attacked me (and probably used a Graves shotgun or something to do more damage). Cait attack + E can work if there aren't minions, but Q uses so much mana and does so much reduced damage through minions that I'm not sure if it's worth it.

Also especially if it's Vayne, if I try to autoattack the Vayne will use tumble to do damage and end up outside Cait's max range. Maybe the answer is rushing early AS?

You position your adcs in a funky manner at times. If I were to use my caitlyn or ashe vs my vayne I would often attack the vayne before she can really do anything. Caitlyn can do this as well and if you're good with mines you can do a lot of harass damage and keep the vayne out. Haven't used caitlyn in a while but her skill that shoots out is exceptional at harass and making people take damage or take shitty positions that they can't farm as well as you can.

Remember vayne biggest weakness is all her damage has to come from an autoattack. Most other good adcs have a skills that can damage at the same time you autoattack. Use this vs vayne wisely and trade with her for advantage otherwise I would say never understimate a good vayne cause they will use her lack of health against you.

Blizzard

Banned
W's cooldown fine. It's not meant for damage since it's really weak.
E is on the long side though. Either they lower E's cooldown, or they lower the passive's lategame cooldown if they want to encourage players to spend more time closer to teamfights with Q+passive.
Ziggs E used to be quite strong until it was nerfed once or twice, if I recall correctly.

You position your adcs in a funky manner at times. If I were to use my caitlyn or ashe vs my vayne I would often attack the vayne before she can really do anything. Caitlyn can do this as well and if you're good with mines you can do a lot of harass damage and keep the vayne out. Haven't used caitlyn in a while but her skill that shoots out is exceptional at harass and making people take damage or take shitty positions that they can't farm as well as you can.

Remember vayne biggest weakness is all her damage has to come from an autoattack. Most other good adcs have a skills that can damage at the same time you autoattack. Use this vs vayne wisely and trade with her for advantage otherwise I would say never understimate a good vayne cause they will use her lack of health against you.
My positioning is probably bad and that is one of the things I need to learn, the basic patterns of ADC lanes. Won't a Vayne tumble put her in range to AA Caitlyn if Caitlyn tries to AA Vayne though?

Of course if you manage to trap Vayne or wait for Vayne to tumble first you wouldn't, but I would assume a good Vayne wouldn't do either of those things.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
List of shit I'm sick of in Promos.

- People that pick ez and do not know how to play ez
- Junglers who think their role only consists of ganking and getting kills.
- tops who lose and only farm even when laning phase is over.
- people who never fucking group up for objectives. ever.
- people who build solely on what they want to rather than looking at the team's build.
- people who think that losing lane means gg and going afk.
- people who refuse to listen and do their own shit.

Macattk15

I stomped through Silver and early Gold tiers with Ziggs before i stopped playing ranked and was demoted all the way down to Silver III.

25-15 62.5% 9/game 3.3/game 8.1/game 208.6/game

Just make sure you're always on the offensive using your range to your advantage. And be good at skill shots.

I just can't play AP Kennen at all. I could ult the entire enemy team inside but I never get the feeling that I accomplished something. My damage output feels pretty lackluster too. I don't know why I'm having issues hitting his Q in ARAM when I could hit muuuch better with slower projectiles.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Ziggs E used to be quite strong until it was nerfed once or twice, if I recall correctly.

My positioning is probably bad and that is one of the things I need to learn, the basic patterns of ADC lanes. Won't a Vayne tumble put her in range to AA Caitlyn if Caitlyn tries to AA Vayne though?

Of course if you manage to trap Vayne or wait for Vayne to tumble first you wouldn't, but I would assume a good Vayne wouldn't do either of those things.

Vayne can tumble in but she don't have the cool down to tumble out. Bad vaynes will do this too much and you get advantage. All she cam get is a free shot you can hit her with more damage before she can stack up her silver bolts, especially early game.

AA wise you have more range but if you factor in your skills and the distance you travel like a volley you have even more space to play. Don't always use aa to deal with vayne especially when you both have a lot of have. Like an adc take your right moments to harass and when you know you got a kill go for it she really can't fight back and she will have to retreat. Anticipate vayne heavily and you can severely restrict her ability to do anything besides harass. If you have a good support and even if you don't make it clear especially vs her any time she walks near aa comes out from both of you along with your skills she will not be able to come in after the 2nd or 3r harass.

I only have decent positioning skills cause I've been playing action rts forever and in fps or fighters I'm exceptional at this. Take it game by game and realize opponents will make you realize how to do so in their own unique ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom