• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

Oh god.. I'm 2-0 in promo to gold and this is my team :(

pS13hnS.png

Edwardo

Ugh this is so annoying. I just cant get a good streak going in ranked. I'll win a few games and have +40 then lose one and get -20.

garath

I suppose it's appropriate.. Who takes me to gold? Why my 80% win rate champ..

1wDP82L.jpg

5 game win streak to get here. Feels so good. That was a hard one too. Their team comp was so much better.

Soraka's Cavaliers lol

Mothman91

Congrats bro, now survive through the plains of Gold and head to Plat.

And I stumbled upon this today, some guys friend tries to draw a champion he has never seen just from a description he gives him.

Ziggs!

drawkcaB

5 game win streak to get here. Feels so good. That was a hard one too. Their team comp was so much better.

Soraka's Cavaliers lol

You're like, my hero now. If you can make it gold and you have a the amount of gaming time I do with kid(s) and all that, man, gonna I'm try hard in S4.

garath

Congrats!

Are you going to see how far you can go, or are you going to take a break of ranked?

Going to keep going. Now that I'm gold all the pressure is off. Elise is one of my favorite champs and I really want that skin.

No reason to play normals now unless I'm just flat out learning a new champ. I finally get to pull out my Kha'zix and trundle in the jungle again.. Kha'zix esp is high risk high reward.

Plus I want to play Vi and Elise again. Got on a little bit of a losing streak with them and didn't feel confident playing them on my mad dash to Gold. Elise requires like no lag and I was getting spikes here and there :( Vi is just too snowbally. Fun to play though.

Doubt I'll do anything like make plat this season but maybe I'll get a couple divisions? Who knows. Playing pretty well right now. Sejuani gave me my jungle mojo back.

Just pulled off a hard fought victory myself, although ultimately, we won because they were just that bit worse in the final third.

Their team: Vayne, Renek, Ahri, Thresh & J4.

Ours: Leona, Ez, Morg, Shyv and Yorick.

We lost the first baron due to me (Leona) being the only champ there. SEcond baorn we lost because we didn't have a ward on it - this is after me asking to Shyv to ward baron whilst i take care of the jungle.

Why do scrubber junglers not want to ward objective that benefit them with something to smite? They may as well just play with Flash only.

/rant

Went back to ranked again, got screwed so badly by a jungle Skarner. Ganked for Akali level 4 against their Brand. Brand double kill. Ganks again. Feeds Brand. Then takes offence to the advice that he should leave mid alone until she's 6.

Meanwhile I'm doing pretty meh botlane with Quinn, could be worse but Vayne/Zyra hurts. Skarner comes for a lane gank, we get two kills (Skarner one, support Lulu the other). Then their jungle Jarvan arrives on the scene and kills me in no seconds flat. Everyone else too busy recalling to help. The game snowballs wayyy down from there, flaming all over the place from Skarner, etc.

I think a lot of people would just think 'eh, bad game' and move on. But I feel really responsible, despite playing super passive from minute one. It's depressing. Makes me not wanna play. Bah.

garath

Went back to ranked again, got screwed so badly by a jungle Skarner. Ganked for Akali level 4 against their Brand. Brand double kill. Ganks again. Feeds Brand. Then takes offence to the advice that he should leave mid alone until she's 6.

Meanwhile I'm doing pretty meh botlane with Quinn, could be worse but Vayne/Zyra hurts. Skarner comes for a lane gank, we get two kills (Skarner one, support Lulu the other). Then their jungle Jarvan arrives on the scene and kills me in no seconds flat. Everyone else too busy recalling to help. The game snowballs wayyy down from there, flaming all over the place from Skarner, etc.

I think a lot of people would just think 'eh, bad game' and move on. But I feel really responsible, despite playing super passive from minute one. It's depressing. Makes me not wanna play. Bah.

Don't get discouraged. Bad games definitely happen. And even though Riot is trying, there are jerks still. A lot of times the jerks are the ones that are playing poorly anyways. I can't imagine a pre-6 skarner ganking for a pre-6 akali against a Brand going well at all. Doesnt' seem like the best decision making.

In the end it's a team game. Can't take that much responsibility, even if you didn't play your best. Keep at it!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

1wDP82L.jpg

Soraka's Cavaliers lol

grats now go for plat!

Don't get discouraged. Bad games definitely happen. And even though Riot is trying, there are jerks still. A lot of times the jerks are the ones that are playing poorly anyways. I can't imagine a pre-6 skarner ganking for a pre-6 akali against a Brand going well at all. Doesnt' seem like the best decision making.

In the end it's a team game. Can't take that much responsibility, even if you didn't play your best. Keep at it!

It's so difficult though. I used to blame anything or anyone but myself for problems in general, and realised that was a toxic way of thinking. LoL has helped me get out of that habit, but now it seems I'm in a different one, where I just assume everything is my fault. :/ It's like being stuck in limbo - I don't want to blame others, because I remember the old habit, but I don't want to blame myself for everything because that's stupid and self-destructive.

Man, I wish this game was the only thing I took too seriously. I could just quit, then. >.<

EDIT:
If people are mean pretend to argue with them thrn link them to the teamwork is op video after the game
That's one thing I've gotten way better at - defusing/trolling ragers while not internalising what they're saying. 'Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh' in all chat when they make a mean comment, or something specifically calling them out on a homophobic slur, always goes down well. Or badly, depending on how you view it.

Blizzard

Banned
[Taric]

oh i see.
For one thing, I think he used to give a good bit of armor as an aura, which meant people with Graves + Taric could be crazy tanky.

For my own games, thanks to garathk for advice (and probably in turn to soda cop who advised him). I played a game with jungle Sejuani and did okay with all the new runes (purchased 6 more AS reds). Then the next game, scumbag ranked people on the other team banned Sejuani!

Fortunately, I then discovered the exact same item build works on Nautilus too!

garath

It's so difficult though. I used to blame anything or anyone but myself for problems in general, and realised that was a toxic way of thinking. LoL has helped me get out of that habit, but now it seems I'm in a different one, where I just assume everything is my fault. :/ It's like being stuck in limbo - I don't want to blame others, because I remember the old habit, but I don't want to blame myself for everything because that's stupid and self-destructive.

Man, I wish this game was the only thing I took too seriously. I could just quit, then. >.<

EDIT:

That's one thing I've gotten way better at - defusing/trolling ragers while not internalising what they're saying. 'Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh' in all chat when they make a mean comment, or something specifically calling them out on a homophobic slur, always goes down well. Or badly, depending on how you view it.

Just need to accept that some games will be a loss. Don't necessarily take the blame but identify where you could have played better yourself or where you might have tried to guide your team more. It doesn't hurt to understand where your teammates made mistakes because it could help you play that role better.

I wish the replays were in. I'd spend as much time analyzing my own play as I would playing.

edit:
For one thing, I think he used to give a good bit of armor as an aura, which meant people with Graves + Taric could be crazy tanky.

For my own games, thanks to garathk for advice (and probably in turn to soda cop who advised him). I played a game with jungle Sejuani and did okay with all the new runes (purchased 6 more AS reds). Then the next game, scumbag ranked people on the other team banned Sejuani!

Fortunately, I then discovered the exact same item build works on Nautilus too!

Awesome :) You played pretty good as Sejuani. You just need a little more time with her, understand your tankiness and damage to make good calls on engaging. And that objective control. So important as a jungler.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

1wDP82L.jpg

Soraka's Cavaliers lol

Welcome to soraka cavalier convalescent center

You want to play some bingo with retired GAF?

Just need to accept that some games will be a loss. Don't necessarily take the blame but identify where you could have played better yourself or where you might have tried to guide your team more. It doesn't hurt to understand where your teammates made mistakes because it could help you play that role better.

That's what I'm trying to do, every time I play. I have good days and bad days, I think today was just a very bad one. >.< Thanks for the advice, though.

garath

I feel like a terrible sejuani player. I bought the Russian skin (thanks AMEX!) and I'm not sure if I like it :(

The splash is awesome but I kind of like the default skin better lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Season 4 pls come with Heimerdinger rework or Swain qol changes. I'm fine with either

Season 4 hopes:

1. Replay system
2. Client update
3. Support overhaul
4. Jungler overhaul
5. More remakes
6. 1v1 map
7. Bug fixes
8. More Sona skins

IsayFever

Season 4 hopes:

1. Replay system
2. Client update
3. Support overhaul
4. Jungler overhaul
5. More remakes
6. 1v1 map
7. Bug fixes
8. More Sona skins

Everything on that list minus sona skins and new client are already confirmed to be coming. Replays are active on PBE already so yeahhhhhh

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everything on that list minus sona skins and new client are already confirmed to be coming. Replays are active on PBE already so yeahhhhhh
i don't think replays actually record...it's just that some of the interface is in place to access them.

Pancakes

Confirmed to be coming doesn't mean much when we've been waiting for so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom