• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
EbdKCfB.png
jeIy5tO.png
28ZgTp5.png
Ogud9NG.png
R4zBDGM.png
giTB4fs.png
Et5dtn0.png
217HXnb.png
q0UtF2K.png
wfwhhMM.png
jkvuAoB.png
QclT8e3.png
oYRwzGR.png
N2hF1bm.png

The League of Legends - 2013 World Championships OT - [LINK]

---------------------------------
(youtube) LoLesports - Who will Rise?
just a day and multiple hours to go!

oh ya and dont forget we have these - see lots of new faces
[google form]
[People on LoLgaf]

drawkcaB

Season 4 hopes:

1. Replay system
2. Client update
3. Support overhaul
4. Jungler overhaul
5. More remakes
6. 1v1 map
7. Bug fixes
8. More Sona skins

I hope we see lots of changes to the SR map. We know there's geometry changes coming, but so much of the meta is tied to the particulars of the map that moving things significantly would feel like a new game. I'm probably in the minority, but I'd like Riot to experiment with shifting the viewpoint from isometric to left-right like in Dom and TT. Playing lots of those modes while the lil' boy was still a newbie I really grew to appreciate how being blue or purple had no inherent advantages because of something as stupid as the locations of the HUD elements on the screen.

Oh, and significantly expanded itemization.

I'm having one of those awful stretches where I just can't win a game. I'm closing in on 30, so hopefully I break out of the slump by the time I get to my placements.

Blizzard

Banned
My LP is like a stock market graph.

After my bad few days, at least I started playing a bit better again and won like 5 ranked in a row, so I think I still have time to get up towards one, maybe more, promotion series attempts for gold.

This game was an example of how despite weird composition or feeding players, you can win:
sejtusds.png

People weren't sure what to pick, someone got kat to trade as panic against a team with lots of CC since they were going to trade but didn't know what to pick, and someone else ended up trading for kat so there was all sorts of stuff going on. Then we noticed bot lane (apparently a duo from college somewhere, one of whom was on the phone for like 6 deaths) didn't have an adc. They got first blood, but I didn't want to tower dive and they tower dove individually to give Tristana 2 kills. It only got worse from there. I showed up one or two more times, one time dying near the tower. So then I gave up on them and hopefully tried to focus mid and top lanes more, who were doing better.

Kat and Zac traded lanes and started doing better, and everything worked out, since once we started getting towers and since people were willing to move as a group instead of raging, our teamfights worked out well and I think the other team surrendered before we even really got into their base.

(garath, I know going for locket would probably be the generally better approach, but in this case since their damage was almost 100% AD, I liked the idea of the HP and armor of sunfire cape)

Looking forward to Teemo and Lulu VUs.

So...how about that Quantic team, eh?

lol.

They'll be a decent team though. Woong and Loco aren't top tier Korean players anymore, but they're still better than MashMe, Chuuper, Kiwikid, etc.

Particularly Woong. NA toplane is incredibly sad.

Blizzard

Banned
ghost > flash on sej. you can trust me.
I could see ghost helping in some cases, but every single guide on lolpro or solomid seems to recommend flash, so I would be interested in hearing the reasoning. Some lolking or mobafire guides may recommend ghost or exhaust as alternatives.

Newt

I could see ghost helping in some cases, but every single guide on lolpro or solomid seems to recommend flash, so I would be interested in hearing the reasoning. Some lolking or mobafire guides may recommend ghost or exhaust as alternatives.
The only situation I can see flash being better is flash to ult.

brian!

killed a moth like right when the game started and after the game I looked at the moth's squished body, lots of different feelings floating around pls give me time

Blizzard

Banned
The only situation I can see flash being better is flash to ult.
What about when dash is down? Most of the time you should use dash smartly so it's not down, but even if you do that, I could see dash to steal dragon/baron, flash to escape back out.

Ken

What about when dash is down? Most of the time you should use dash smartly so it's not down, but even if you do that, I could see dash to steal dragon/baron, flash to escape back out.

why don't you just dash in, smite, and walk out

you're a tank

Newt

My friend who doesn't play normal games too often (less than 100 wins) and mostly aram sent me this message.

7KMSmXR.png

I laughed so hard.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Is this because she can already go through walls with her Q?
yes, that's part of it. being able to get over walls is super important and if you can do that without flash it opens up options. the only way to escape if you are invading on most champs is to jump over a wall. otherwise it's too easy for lanes to collapse on your exits.
what is the case you are expecting to get made? the advantages of ghost are apparent across all champions. it improves global presence, facilitates ganks, and grants both sticking and escape power. flash is good as something reactionary. if you are going to blow up or are looking to pick up a quick kill then you flash. if you maximize your time with ghost you can get more mobility out of it than you would with flash.

the reason i don't have a lot of interest in flash on sejuani is that flash ult combo has too much range. 400+~1.2k means it's good for starting fights that can't be followed up on. its usefulness comes up when you are out of position and need to flash into range of your team to save them. sejuani has no problems starting fights anyways. ghost is a good way of assuring that the enemy team can't get away once you start the fight.

don't listen to guides for the most part. 99% of the time they are bad, and even if a good player is writing them they don't always know the champion, or they tend to just go with a very general build/rune/item set up. it's important to understand champions on your own terms.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Is it weird to primarily enjoy support champions and roles?

I don't care about being the star of the show. I just like running around and helping people melt each other.

It's fun having Vlad support but he still does a million times better than your Lee top.
Is it weird to primarily enjoy support champions and roles?

I don't care about being the star of the show. I just like running around and helping people melt each other.
League needs more people like you.

Everyone else just wants to be the next Miley Cyrus.

garath

I can see ghost being good on sejuani. She has the Q to engage and go over walls. I completely understand about the q flash ult being too far for engage. You leave the team behind. I think if you run ghost you might want to level q second for the reduced cool down then. Leveling E second helps ganks with the increased slow but you wouldn't need that as much with the ghost.

I tend to gravitate toward flash for myself anyways but I'll give it a shot.

I take flash on Sej mostly for counter initiation. Like I'm too far away, team gets caught, flash Q Ult and turn the tide.

Ghost is definitely a good spell that junglers don't take as often as they should. The lower CD and extra stickying power helps a ton, specially on champs like Vi or Eve that need a couple levels or items before they can keep you permanently in their range.

Speaking of which, I need to give 3.11 Vi a go. Triforce sounds excellent on her, though I need to keep grinding Solo Q with Eve since that's pretty much my only shot at gold.

Edwardo

Tried Fiddlesticks support last night. We did really well in our lane, completely zoning them out. Too bad everyone else fed and I felt useless late game. I think i'm going to give support Annie a shot next.

Did anyone watch Quantic vs Coast and Velocity?

Ken

Tried Fiddlesticks support last night. We did really well in our lane, completely zoning them out. Too bad everyone else fed and I felt useless late game. I think i'm going to give support Annie a shot next.

Did anyone watch Quantic vs Coast and Velocity?

max level fear op how could you lose

Wildesy

So I've drifted across that Dreamhack broadcast or whatever it is on Twitch.tv about 5 times in the last 2 hours and I literally haven't seen one minute of play yet.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I can see ghost being good on sejuani. She has the Q to engage and go over walls. I completely understand about the q flash ult being too far for engage. You leave the team behind. I think if you run ghost you might want to level q second for the reduced cool down then. Leveling E second helps ganks with the increased slow but you wouldn't need that as much with the ghost.
you should be leveling up Q second all the time anyways.
or sometimes even first.
the difference in ranks on permafrost are too minor right now to even help ganks that much.

I would watch Froggen more if he weren't streaming with Linkin Park/Nickelback/Daughtry on all the time.

OddOne's old playlist with like 12 songs was the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom