• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
*takes notes*

No, we were behind the whole game. Their Kayle+Lucien lane failed and we struggled to keep enough alive to push when we would win a team fight. We won a bunch of team fights late, but it was with an inhibitor down which meant we couldn't push the waves up fast enough with whoever was alive to even things out. They were coming to us and split pushing, then pushing in usually with Darius in front and the other 2 in close proximity. I never had to go far because they stayed fairly tightly grouped and I could always take care of one. It just...it wasn't enough.

It didn't know getting an IE late could ever be bad since crits scale with your damage increasing, but I'll take that and everything else under advisement. It was my second or 3rd match with that champ. Damn he's easy.

Also yea I know offense is the thing on TT, but if you don't know how to move around and stay alive, that damage won't mean shit. But most of the people I'm playing with have less than 30 wins on TT. Many are trying out new champs as well.

scy

It didn't know getting an IE late could ever be bad since crits scale with your damage increasing, but I'll take that and everything else under advisement. It was my second or 3rd match with that champ. Damn he's easy.

It's not that it's bad, per se, but more a case of "too little, too late." Like, at that point, you're not getting that big of an impact from the item. Especially when you're also in the same case of not being able to hurt 66% of their team through the Armor they were stacking.

IE by itself isn't a strong item. It needs other items behind it. Without ASPD and Crit%, it's really not that great of an item. That's usually why you don't rush one as an ADC. It's a great multiplicative boost to your damage but it's not that good by itself.

Xater

annie is even more straight forward. get stun passive up, and blow people up.

flash is integral to annie's play.

shoutout to the euw duders, diprosalic, dobkepetobotps programix n co

Played acouple of games with Dobkeratops earlier. He gave me some pointers.

We have a reasonably(?) large NeoGAF channel on EUW. Just open the chat room thing (middle of three buttons in botom right of client) and join channel -> 'NeoGAF'. You may want to check out Boken's LoLGAF people thing too. We play games whenever Dobkeratops isn't online. >:D

Yeah, I have the channel now on auto join.

Tried playing some AMRAM where I was more successful than in the regular game.

It's not that it's bad, per se, but more a case of "too little, too late." Like, at that point, you're not getting that big of an impact from the item. Especially when you're also in the same case of not being able to hurt 66% of their team through the Armor they were stacking.

IE by itself isn't a strong item. It needs other items behind it. Without ASPD and Crit%, it's really not that great of an item. That's usually why you don't rush one as an ADC. It's a great multiplicative boost to your damage but it's not that good by itself.
Gotcha. Makes sense to me! In cases where it is late like that, what would you build? LW?

If he could have followed an IE up with a LW, would that have made sense? Or would you go in a different direction entirely?

Ok, this is driving me insane.

Can anyone here give me a hand with this image? I've 3 days trying to make the background transparent, but I don't have photoshop in my PC, and I've had to use online editors, and this is the best I could get.

Also, you can lose LP by inactivity while in promos, right?

Yeah performance is definitely factored in. I ended up going 6-4 but placed into 1 whereas my friends who went 7-3 ended up in 3.

kind of depends in which order you win. i would have to assume.

for example:
1 player starts out in bronze and you works his way up winning the first 6, then they give him high silvers and he lose 4 and goes down to B1.

1 player loses 3 games against bronze, goes against bronze 5ers and wins 7 ending up in B3.

if you already played ranked in S2 you already start at the elo you had or something like that.

scy

Performance is not factored. It comes down to the opponents you face as that determines the kind of +/- MMR swings you'll see (which is then modified greatly by these being placement games).

Can anyone here give me a hand with this image? I've 3 days trying to make the background transparent, but I don't have photoshop in my PC, and I've had to use online editors, and this is the best I could get.

Nvm found it, it's not that big unfortunately.

bn4qQQS.png

Saprol

Here's my attempt at cropping. I can't clean the edges well so I decided to cover it up by just putting an outline on the whole thing. :<

Maybe it won't be that noticeable on default theme but dark NeoGAF the best. Might not need to add that line between the shoulder and arm but I figured it's better than leaving that arm hanging out there...?
0oaVyxo.png
lLWkZel.png

Blizzard

Banned
The worst word is 'toxic' and everything that spawned from it.

And I've gotten those warnings before, the 'HI YOUR'E HAVING A BAD DAY' message before. I just ignore them and continue on with calling people idiots. I can't help it if I call a 2/12 varus an idiot for feeding and getting caught. I can't help it for calling trolls idiots.
The problem is, even if people are idiots, insulting them both violates the summoner's code I think (TACTICAL DECISION SUMMONER) and makes your chances of winning worse, I feel. Even if someone is stupid or a jerk, if you call them that then it increases the chances of them playing worse or stopping to rage back.

Nvm found it, it's not that big unfortunately.

http://i.imgur.com/bn4qQQS.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="Saprol, post: 81967169"]Here's my attempt at cropping. I can't clean the edges well so I decided to cover it up by just putting an outline on the whole thing. :<

Maybe it won't be that noticeable on default theme but dark NeoGAF the best. Might not need to add that line between the shoulder and arm but I figured it's better than leaving that arm hanging out there...?
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/0oaVyxo.png[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/lLWkZel.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot, both of you. :)

The problem is, even if people are idiots, insulting them both violates the summoner's code I think (TACTICAL DECISION SUMMONER) and makes your chances of winning worse, I feel. Even if someone is stupid or a jerk, if you call them that then it increases the chances of them playing worse or stopping to rage back.

Yeah, even if people are fighting just fellate them a bit to get them to co-operate.

Only insult people if you don't care about winning the game.

Blizzard

Banned
When I'm jungler I try to tell people stuff like "please just stay back a bit, let me die as the tank since you're more important as a carry and I love you <3".

I'm watching the championship at http://www.azubu.tv/index.do, but is there a way to pop the video out in its own window?

Blizzard

Banned
MMR reset must take a long time. I felt like it was only 5-10 games before my gains started going down (plus they immediately went from like 17 LP wins to 7 LP wins when I hit Silver I).

But to try to get gains back up, recently I've won 7/8 or so of my last ranked games, and am still only getting 4 LP for a win.

Aaargh. 0/10/4 as Quinn in ranked. Can I really be this bad?

Related: Malphite support really hurts.

Possibly the worst I've done ever. Not a good personal record to break.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
Is there any trick to playing Veigar?

I feel like I am missing something. I just played against Zed mid and it was a disaster... I am thinking about trying Zed out anyway. Seems fun.

Blizzard

Banned
Is there any trick to playing Veigar?

I feel like I am missing something. I just played against Zed mid and it was a disaster... I am thinking about trying Zed out anyway. Seems fun.
One main thing about Veigar is that he does a ton of damage against AP champions, which means that going against Zed is not good for him. :p

Nevermind, I am that bad. 0/6/0 Jayce, shoot me.
It's hard to do, but take a day or two off. Usually one can recover and focus better without stressing after that.

DeadNames

Banned
That feel when you think you can make a quick run to the grocery store but you can't in time and you end up AFKing and getting your acc banned for a day.

Boken

Banned

elo decay will kick you out of promo
I'm terrible at this comics thing but.

8hO1QAD.png

Fuuuuuuuuuuu!
gaining 22LP in plat ii, still complains!

It's hard to do, but take a day or two off. Usually one can recover and focus better without stressing after that.

Unfortunately I can't take a day off because my friends (in their infinite wisdom) want me to join them on a team for this small tournament among our university's games society. It's gonna be rough. XD

And out of nowhere a win, 12/3/8 Graves. Thresh was just too good for me to lose. I'll take that to the bank I think, time for bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom