• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

I'm convinced nothing can duel Volibear at six. His ultimate gives so much damage it's ridiculous. I haven't fought any Trynd's or Fiora's yet, but I've been able to best most common junglers and tops with him. Awesome champion. Can't believe he was almost reworked at the end of 2012 o_o'

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hey guys. I'm back. lol.

3mWgEXp.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Ghost on Sejuani as suggested seems to work okay, though I've died at least once already missing flash. I Q'd in, stole dragon with smite, and died to the enemy team because despite tank items, CC and damage will kill tanks. :p With flash there might have been a chance I would be able to get out. I think I won the game though.

Blizzard

Banned
Does anyone know how long it takes to break an elo clamp if it's possible in tier 1? I've won like 8/9 ranked games but am still only getting 4 LP per game and I'm getting concerned about even getting to 100 LP before the end of October. :p

Boken

Banned
Does anyone know how long it takes to break an elo clamp if it's possible in tier 1? I've won like 8/9 ranked games but am still only getting 4 LP per game and I'm getting concerned about even getting to 100 LP before the end of October. :p

it depends how far your mmr is

i got 18-22 lp per win in s1

Boken

Banned
What was your LP win amount at the end of silver 2 though? It immediately lowered by 10+ LP for me upon going from silver 2 to 1, MMR aside.

well after placement i think i was in silver 2? i was getting 25ish LP

i had random thought.

we need a flying mounted champion

how about a female yordle mage on a giant bird?

holy shit that idea is amazing.

she can ride a dragon too, because thats more magical and opens up more kit ideas.

i also wouldnt mind an ap bruiser with a jetpack from piltover with short range explosive skills.
awww man so cool.

Blizzard

Banned
Appropriately right after I posted that I lost, so the 7-0 ranked Sejuani record is over. :( Appropriate it was against a triforce rushing Corki too. Last game was Ezreal + Vi double enemy triforce rush, but they lost.

Corki wasn't the big problem though, it was fed Cass, more unusually. Pretty much every single death I had was trying to save/defend a tower and dying. I played poorly. I need to learn to make decisions better as a jungler since my instinct as a tank is to try to save the tower/teammates, but it's probably better for me to stay alive myself.

Boken

Banned
Ok you got me there but why is urf shooting missiles?

Besides, having one flying mounted champion doesn't mean we can't have another. Think of the design space, it's basically two champions! Unlike Quinn and valor.

A yordle from the secret magi of bandle city. She rides a giant magical owl.

Boken

Banned
Anyone have crazy lag spikes? I fucking disconnected during Baron and they took it.

fml.

Edit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/1mhe4x/lag_in_na/

Love hate relationship with Riot.
theyre trying to make everybody watch worlds obviously.

oh oh

imagine a yordle riding a giant MOTH

holy shit

and the moth has a dust based ability. yordle might shoot some magic bolts and curses
i like this idea : )

dust allows the ability to create an area control debuffing champion!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Anyone have crazy lag spikes? I fucking disconnected during Baron and they took it.

fml.

No but I've been getting awful FPS drops into the 10s and 20s for several minutes and only in combat. I'm not sure why since I can reach 200fps on benchmark on everything high. The funny thing is that it went away when I put the game to fullscreen so maybe it has something to do with that.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
no rides. riot hates yordles so probably almost no chance of more. if they do i want an ice climbers yordle pair.

Blizzard

Banned
I full-on jinxed myself, 7-2 Sejuani now ranked. I had flash the last game and I think saved myself from dying early with it but it didn't matter since I had like 2 deaths but I think top and mid combined had 19+.

What is the best strategy to take when Sejuani is counterjungled early? I have seen a lot of it in the last few games, with things like Fiddlesticks coming to red buff each time it came up, with team support. Since Fiddlesticks is never out of health due to drain, and can't really be 1v1'd due to fear, is there a good strategy to take? I tried pinging but since I was behind I didn't even really have gold for wards though I tried to buy some.

Theoretically if Fiddle's team comes to help him get buffs and mine does not I guess I could try to rush the other jungle, but when I tried to go straight to fiddle's red he still finished it before I got there because I had to recall first.

Solo Q bans are always because you don't trust your teammates to either use the champs or fight against them.

I don't even care about Blitz, but if I leave him open my bot lane will most likely get 2-0d before minions even get to lane and then blame it on me for not banning Blitz.

Silver is fun.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
oh oh

imagine a yordle riding a giant MOTH

holy shit

and the moth has a dust based ability. yordle might shoot some magic bolts and curses
i like this idea : )

dust allows the ability to create an area control debuffing champion!

has to be a giant moth riding a yordle instead

because moths are adorable

yordles aren't

Solo Q bans are always because you don't trust your teammates to either use the champs or fight against them.

this is 100% correct and i wish i had more than three bans

3 bans are starting to get really limiting. Riot argument of "we don't want too many targeted bans" is wearing thin since pro players are branching out and getting a bigger champion pool.

Sh1ner

Hey guys, Any thresh players out there? would like some advice.

I main thresh support and I just got back into bronze 1.

I wanted to know if I should move from my current build as generally I go the following:
My opening is pretty solid I think with:
faerie charm, vision ward, 2x sight wards, 2 health pots
From there I build sight stone, phil stone.
Depending on how well we are doing in lane ruby sightstone/emblem
I then go locket of iron solari and then reverie
I then grab ionion boots for cooldown
At this point I will be building my 4th item but I never finish it. I generally go sunfire cape or spirit visage depending on what is the most damage I am taking.

Throughout the game I generally get as many vision/sight wards as I can.

I never really deter from this build. I was wondering if there is a better way to build thresh? Sometimes I will go mobility boots if I am roaming more and the kills are easy.

My style of play is aggressive, I hear a lot of people using their E as the initial attack to get the damage from the passive where I generally open with my Q then go E.

My rune page is armour pen x 9, magic resist x 9, flat armour x 9 and 3 gold quints
My masteries are 1/12/17

lolking page:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/38465850#history

Terrutas

Neo Member
Hey guys, Any thresh players out there? would like some advice.

I main thresh support and I just got back into bronze 1.

I wanted to know if I should move from my current build as generally I go the following:
My opening is pretty solid I think with:
faerie charm, vision ward, 2x sight wards, 2 health pots
From there I build sight stone, phil stone.
Depending on how well we are doing in lane ruby sightstone/emblem
I then go locket of iron solari and then reverie
I then grab ionion boots for cooldown
At this point I will be building my 4th item but I never finish it. I generally go sunfire cape or spirit visage depending on what is the most damage I am taking.

Throughout the game I generally get as many vision/sight wards as I can.

I never really deter from this build. I was wondering if there is a better way to build thresh? Sometimes I will go mobility boots if I am roaming more and the kills are easy.

My style of play is aggressive, I hear a lot of people using their E as the initial attack to get the damage from the passive where I generally open with my Q then go E.

My rune page is armour pen x 9, magic resist x 9, flat armour x 9 and 3 gold quints
My masteries are 1/12/17

lolking page:
http://www.lolking.net/summoner/euw/38465850#history

You shouldn't generally use armor pen reds, because they underperform flat AD reds. And since runepages are most effective in the early game, you're better off replacing those.

As for quints, I'd suggest getting 2x flat hp and 1x flat ad. I find those work really well for being a bully in lane and picking fights.

As for your opening, I'd say you have better options. Grabbing a rejuve bead along with the faerie charm can be good if you're up against a tough lane like Graves Leona or Sona as a poke. But I really like the 3x sight wards with 1 vision, 4 health pots and one mana pot. It doesn't really transition into anything, but it lets you maximize lane control and is very effective against supports like Blitzcrank.

No but I've been getting awful FPS drops into the 10s and 20s for several minutes and only in combat. I'm not sure why since I can reach 200fps on benchmark on everything high. The funny thing is that it went away when I put the game to fullscreen so maybe it has something to do with that.
I find that disabling Shadows altogether really eases on FPS in teamfights. And it might have something to do with you using fullscreen, just play borderless, there's no real reason not to. As far as I'm aware.

Sh1ner

Thnx I will switch out the armour pens for flat AD reds.

Regards to thresh counters, I generally am happy to face a Leona in a lane as I always get counterpicked by one so I end up playing against Leonas all the time.

Sona does pose a problem as she just negates all my poke. I generally got to lock her down before lvl 6. I rather face Leona then Sona any day...

rewrite: I must have misread your post.
I will try the 4 pots/ vision wards + mana pot. My opening generally keeps me afloat to b when I have enough cash for a sightstone or atleast the first item to build one.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I didn't mean straight out swapping them, sorry for being vague. I meant grabbing them both. Along with one ward and health potion. You should do this against lanes where you know you're going to get pushed back. For example, if you're laning with Vayne against Caitlyn or Varus. Or against Sona, you should try that opening. It helps you sustain her poke, and since you're mostly on the tower you don't really need that many wards

Also here's how my runepage for thresh/blitz looks like
4sKR8.jpg

Sh1ner

I didn't mean straight out swapping them, sorry for being vague. I meant grabbing them both. Along with one ward and health potion. You should do this against lanes where you know you're going to get pushed back. For example, if you're laning with Vayne against Caitlyn or Varus. Or against Sona, you should try that opening. It helps you sustain her poke, and since you're mostly on the tower you don't really need that many wards

4sKR8.jpg

Cool. I won't get to play til Wednesday but will make a note of this. Should be fun :D

Edwardo

So I played a little during Season 1 (levels 1-9), but I only just started playing for real during Season 3. What happens after Worlds are over? I assume that it goes into an offseason until season 4 starts up? How has it worked in the past? Does everyone's rank in Solo Queue get removed for those months and resets for the start of the new season?

Q8D3vil

4sKR8.jpg
If you can replace physical with Armor you will be golden for any tanky support.

Terrutas

Neo Member
If you can replace physical with Armor you will be golden for any tanky support.

Yes, I know. I have another runepage with exactly that. I just use that runepage for Thresh, Blitz and Leona because Thresh has really mean autoattacks and Blitz and Leona have auto attack cancels, and those really boost your damage.

garath

Yes, I know. I have another runepage with exactly that. I just use that runepage for Thresh, Blitz and Leona because Thresh has really mean autoattacks and Blitz and Leona have auto attack cancels, and those really boost your damage.

I can see the AD runepage for Thresh due to his range and harass potential but Blitz and Leona are melee and aren't going to be harassing like that. I would think the armor marks would be far more valuable on them. Usually if you're attacking it's because it's an all-in or a kill attempt and while the AD will be useful then, the armor will be more useful for general laning.

I like the AD page on Thresh though. I think Edward was doing that too. Very strong harass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom