• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I played a little during Season 1 (levels 1-9), but I only just started playing for real during Season 3. What happens after Worlds are over? I assume that it goes into an offseason until season 4 starts up? How has it worked in the past? Does everyone's rank in Solo Queue get removed for those months and resets for the start of the new season?
Preseason starts, ranked starts over and you have to do placement matches again to redetermine your MMR - it isn't reset, just tuned, your wins/losses are though - and the ladder for season 4 starts on the preseason as well, so no further resets once the season 4 patch hits.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I can see the AD runepage for Thresh due to his range and harass potential but Blitz and Leona are melee and aren't going to be harassing like that. I would think the armor marks would be far more valuable on them. Usually if you're attacking it's because it's an all-in or a kill attempt and while the AD will be useful then, the armor will be more useful for general laning.

I like the AD page on Thresh though. I think Edward was doing that too. Very strong harass.

Well Blitz and Leona generally want to be aggressive in lane. That extra AD helps a lot more than it meets the eye. Since Blitz doubles the damage from those marks and Leona can get three autoattacks off in less than a second. It's very effective. But if you're a passive player I guess you're right.

AD on Leona is meaningless because all her damage is magical, including her Q.

If you really want extra damage on her, take AP instead though I don't recommend it since her ratios are ass. She's better off with more raw armor.

garath

Well Blitz and Leona generally want to be aggressive in lane. That extra AD helps a lot more than it meets the eye. Since Blitz doubles the damage from those marks and Leona can get three autoattacks off in less than a second. It's very effective. But if you're a passive player I guess you're right.

Well it's not so much about being an aggressive or passive player, it's about the dynamics of the lane. You aren't going to be auto attacking two ranged champs as Leona or Blitz to harass. They will auto you as you get close and auto you as you back out. It is not a favorable trade. The only time you are going to be using that AD is when you land a hook or an E. I can see trying to do that a lot but again that falls under the "all-in" type approach which won't always work.

I just think in general an AD page would not be as useful for a melee support.

edit: but hey, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I don't play Leona or Blitz often and it obviously works for you. On paper the armor sounds more useful but given how "all-in" the actual champs are, the AD may win out in the end.

Terrutas

Neo Member
AD on Leona is meaningless because all her damage is magical, including her Q.

If you really want extra damage on her, take AP instead though I don't recommend it since her ratios are ass. She's better off with more raw armor.

It's not because of her scaling. It's because she can get a lot of autoattacks using her kit. And it's just a meaningful damage boost. I'm by no means implying you should be constantly on them autoattacking them. It's to help with trades and fighting.
Well it's not so much about being an aggressive or passive player, it's about the dynamics of the lane. You aren't going to be auto attacking two ranged champs as Leona or Blitz to harass. They will auto you as you get close and auto you as you back out. It is not a favorable trade. The only time you are going to be using that AD is when you land a hook or an E. I can see trying to do that a lot but again that falls under the "all-in" type approach which won't always work.

I just think in general an AD page would not be as useful for a melee support.

edit: but hey, take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. I don't play Leona or Blitz often and it obviously works for you. On paper the armor sounds more useful but given how "all-in" the actual champs are, the AD may win out in the end.
Nah, don't be like that. :) I value everyone's opinion. You do bring up a good point, but I highly recommend you try this. You'll notice a pretty significant damage boost. And since Leona has her W and stats don't really mean anything to Blitz, you can actually afford to give up 8 armor for 11 ad.

It's not because of her scaling. It's because she can get a lot of autoattacks using her kit. And it's just a meaningful damage boost. I'm by no means implying you should be constantly on them autoattacking them. It's to help with trades and fighting.
I get it, but like I said, if you really want to make trades stronger you're better off getting AP instead to increase the damage on her kit instead of her auto attacks. 11 AD will just get lost in base armor + armor runes.

Edwardo

Preseason starts, ranked starts over and you have to do placement matches again to redetermine your MMR - it isn't reset, just tuned, your wins/losses are though - and the ladder for season 4 starts on the preseason as well, so no further resets once the season 4 patch hits.

So your placements are done during the preseason. Sounds good! Thanks.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
if you guys are going to run mr blues on support take flat instead of scaling.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I get it, but like I said, if you really want to make trades stronger you're better off getting AP instead to increase the damage on her kit instead of her auto attacks. 11 AD will just get lost in base armor + armor runes.

AP reds only give you 5 AP. And with Leona's terrible AP ratios, you'll end up actually dealing less damage.

garath

Nah, don't be like that. :) I value everyone's opinion. You do bring up a good point, but I highly recommend you try this. You'll notice a pretty significant damage boost. And since Leona has her W and stats don't really mean anything to Blitz, you can actually afford to give up 8 armor for 11 ad.

It's definitely worth a shot. If nothing else, it will be a surprising amount of early damage.

Ah I see. So the games you play in preseason count towards your MMR.

From a solo queue ranked perspective, pre-season IS the new season. Riot calls it pre-season because LCS will not have started yet and they will make some massive changes with impunity. So basically come 10/31 standings will be wiped and you'll have to go through placements again. However your MMR won't be reset to 0, just shifted toward 0 by some invisible amount. So you'll have a good chance to place in your current tier with some good results or at least place not to much lower than you are currently.

Newt

Man, Kayle is so fun to play mid with this assassin meta going on right now. With my R only on a 45 second cooldown at level 11 with Blue and Nashors, I can keep the lane perma pushed to tower and win any all-in attempts. Silly Ahri, no roaming for you today.

Man, Kayle is so fun to play mid with this assassin meta going on right now. With my R only on a 45 second cooldown at level 11 with Blue and Nashors, I can keep the lane perma pushed to tower and win any all-in attempts. Silly Ahri, no roaming for you today.

Seems like a cool idea. Nashor's first?

I got my first clan invite from a friend. Whoa awesome! But it was a temp clan. ;_; No one plays normal draft here.

...then i get relegated as jungler, and everyone was diamond
C26ZS.gif

I felt so much pressure to perform well. I got carried by our ADC but I learned so much from those 3 games. Never had games where there was *this* much point into getting baron. We lost teamfight? Enemies push on as we respawn, then decide to get dragon. The support pinged baron and pointed out that it's free, because the enemy either has to go back to heal or contest while injured. I never really thought of that kind of baron timing. This is one big thing I learned tonight.

I didn't perform that well during laning phase, but at least I didn't throw.
IqrkcEp.jpg

I kept worrying about which lane to go, and about me falling behind levels. I kept checking the stats and made sure I didn't fall below the support at least. I wasn't sure what they wanted either, so they kept pinging me. In one moment, Leona managed to hook into on my teammates. My instinct was to rush forward to peel but I decided to ult into the enemy instead to prevent the engage followup. It was spur of the moment decision. I died but we got a 5-1 exchange out of it.

/bloggaf

Yeah. :( I was scared they'll think of me as trash if I dont pick up kill ganks often. I probably got one kill gank per game at most. The rest was just scaring the enemy, or blowing a summoner, or just arrive a bit late into an enemy gank.

Edwardo

Dang, reminds me of when I just hit 30. I got an invite to play with an old WoW friend and some of his buddies. They were all gold and plat players and decided that I was going to jung. I went with Trynd, since he was the only champ that I could jungle with decently and did fairly well despite the odds being against me.

Terrutas

Neo Member
"We feel the changes to trinity force were too strong, therefore, we're toning down corki by a bit. By changing his passive to additional magic damage instead of true damage. We feel like we're being totally stupid here, but fuck it. We're bad at balancing anyway"

jerd

Just got told that my Akali pick against Ahri was a bad one. Fair enough. I replied that I thought it would be a good pick because she can keep up with Ahri's mobility.

"No," my teammate replied "not that. Akali is only good against squishies, and Ahri is a tank".

Where the fuck am I.

Terrutas

Neo Member
Just got told that my Akali pick against Ahri was a bad one. Fair enough. I replied that I thought it would be a good pick because she can keep up with Ahri's mobility.

"No," my teammate replied "Akali is only good against squishies, and Ahri is a tank".

Where the fuck am I.

;_;7
Rest in RIP in peace.

"No," my teammate replied "not that. Akali is only good against squishies, and Ahri is a tank".

Where the fuck am I.

Well... if Ahri is a tank then Akali is a tank too, what was his problem then? /sarcasm

Now, just ignore him and play, that is the only thing you can do.
Ahri a tank, some people, lol.

Now, I don't really think Akali is that hard for Ahri. Ahri just have to jump over a wall where you know Akali doesn't have vision, or charm her inmediately after Akali jumps on you, but that's just me.

jerd

Of course I proceed to play like trash and eat charms nonstop pre-6. Didn't help that I accidentally took offensive AP runes instead of the defensive AD set I would usually take in that matchup. No excuse though, I just mistimed my aggression and she ate me alive pre-6. I blew her up as soon as I hit 6 but the damage was done by that point. She had 20 cs and a kill on me and just roamed.

When I pointed out to my teammate she was building straight AP he told me I was lucky and she only built that way because I fed her. I hate facing Ahri though. I guess I should just play her to avoid it.

Type2

Game one of promo series carried by my Jarvan, 5-0-13.
I have to see when worlds starts and if I can squeeze in another ranked game.

Edit: wow they are starting late today, ranked it is.

scy

Would cdr boots work just as well?

Sorcs maximize the burst potential so that's usually the best option right now; CDR boots help the sustained damage so better off in a sieging situation. Berserker's don't really offer much here for where the majority of TF Corki will be getting his damage.

le bip

Neo Member
Yes I am level 12. Most of my play time so far has been with Veigar who I though was pretty straight forward to understand. trap guys and nuke the shit out of them.

Feel free to invite me if you see me online, I'm always up for normals since that's where I practice the mechanics for the champs I bring into ranked. You can also count on me if you have some questions or doubts to make clear.

Mothman91

Both Sorc Shoes and CDR Boots are bigger damage boosts to TF Corki than Berserker's.

Hmm, you might be right. Also for his escape and missle cdr. Will try it out if I can get Corki again in a match.

And also trying to get some games in before GTAV tonight -__-

Blizzard

Banned
After yesterdays matches, I can confirm it's too stronk.
I tried AD Corki for the first time in ages yesterday and went like 7/0/5 with a 0/0/15 support. Of course my teammates did better than me and I got outfarmed by like 30 CS and it was a good support, but it was still probably better than I usually do as adc. I didn't get sorc shoes either.

"We feel the changes to trinity force were too strong, therefore, we're toning down corki by a bit. By changing his passive to additional magic damage instead of true damage. We feel like we're being totally stupid here, but fuck it. We're bad at balancing anyway"
If passive was additional magic damage I would have to bust out AP Corki yet again. I stopped playing him after about 50 games. :p

Who cares? You just spam abilities anyways.
Unless you're only spamming R, or you were lucky enough to get blue, Corki runs out of mana like crazy.

On AP Corki xD
I think sorc shoes are still probably best on AP Corki because Athene's + blue (or blue elixir) gives nearly 40% CDR, and in my opinion you want as much magic penetration as possible to take advantage of high base damage but potentially low scaling.

Garath or Soda Cop, would one of you be around tonight to spectate me playing Sejuani? I would like advice after the game if I continue my losing streak (or potentially even if I win).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom