• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

I don't even want to look in the other thread and get spoiled. But for those who watched last night, were there a couple stand out "must watch" games? Looks like Riot has the VODs up already (go Riot!)

Terrutas

Neo Member
I don't even want to look in the other thread and get spoiled. But for those who watched last night, were there a couple stand out "must watch" games? Looks like Riot has the VODs up already (go Riot!)

Every game with Fnatic, Gambit vs Ozone, and I'd say SKT vs Ozone was a good one.

Boken

Banned

i hate you

what do you think i make OTs for? check my 2nd post for recommended games

Playing ARAM. I get 19FPS. I thought it was just the client being crappy. I turned it all the way down. 52FPS. Something isnt right. Open HWMonitor. 100c CPU. 0RPM fans. What the hell.

Shut it down and letting it cool for an hour before testing. I didnt feel anything wrong with the fan when I spun it with my finger.

Ugh, the games I lose with Eve that I know I'd win if I were playing one of my tank junglers hurt so bad.

Maybe I should take pig lady for a spin again. Sejuani was as close as I got to leaving silver before I dropped her.

Ugh, the games I lose with Eve that I know I'd win if I were playing one of my tank junglers hurt so bad.

Maybe I should take pig lady for a spin again. Sejuani was as close as I got to leaving silver before I dropped her.

Eve is so much fun though. Some people complain about Q spamming but I find it keeps me engaged during clears and people underestimate its damage when you drop in on them. I must play her more, on that note.

Terrutas

Neo Member

Eve is one of those high risk, high reward junglers. I really like her, but playing her to her full potential is no simple task. And I don't know how to build her optimally.

Eve is so much fun though. Some people complain about Q spamming but I find it keeps me engaged during clears and people underestimate its damage when you drop in on them. I must play her more, on that note.
Q spamming is fun, specially once you get some levels in W and get to kite people with it.

Eve is my fav champ in the game, but playing against a team that plays to her pace while your team is playing like morons is frustrating as fuck. I can't shoulder everything if I don't go 4/0 10 minutes in, while with Sej even if I were behind I could still initiate and peel.

I just need to start loving being a high risk high reward jungler I guess. If I hadn't wasted so much time working with safe junglers I'd probably be gold by now. Just close my eyes and dive dive dive.

Eve is one of those high risk, high reward junglers. I really like her, but playing her to her full potential is no simple task. And I don't know how to build her optimally.
You just need Elder Lizard and Liandry's and you're good to go. Hell you can go tank items after those 2 if you feel like it.

garath

i hate you

what do you think i make OTs for? check my 2nd post for recommended games

Aw. Sorry my friend. I didn't realize you put the recommended games in the second post. Just wanted to avoid the spoils!

My Eve games in Silver usually went one of two ways:

- I'd steal all the kills early, get huge and be able to blow up anyone. Team too weak and gets picked off trying to farm one by one and I get focused every team fight.

- I'd get no kills and fall behind in farm trying to gank. In later teamfights I wouldn't have enough burst to kill anyone before getting blown up myself.

I haven't played her in ages though. I keep wanting to give it another shot but if I'm going to play a really high risk reward sort of champ in the jungle I think I'm better with someone like Kha'zix.

Sejuani is a gem. Tanky, tons of CC, great mobility. She really represents a great jungler in the current meta.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sejuani is a gem. Tanky, tons of CC, great mobility. She really represents a great jungler in the current meta.
She is really average and probably undertuned. I dunno why so many people talk about her here.

I haven't played her in ages though. I keep wanting to give it another shot but if I'm going to play a really high risk reward sort of champ in the jungle I think I'm better with someone like Kha'zix.

I find Sejuani really hard to do well with. Maybe it's my skill order up to now (R>W>E>Q), which I've seen from discussion isn't worth it, or maybe it's 'cos I fluff her ult so often, but I just can't seem to get anywhere with her, and as a result I'm afraid to try her in ranked. I don't think I'm particularly missing anything - most of the stuff I need to know with her is very straightforward - but my mechanics don't seem to be up to the task.

dimb

I find Sejuani really hard to do well with. Maybe it's my skill order up to now (R>W>E>Q), which I've seen from discussion isn't worth it, or maybe it's 'cos I fluff her ult so often, but I just can't seem to get anywhere with her, and as a result I'm afraid to try her in ranked. I don't think I'm particularly missing anything - most of the stuff I need to know with her is very straightforward - but my mechanics don't seem to be up to the task.
You are missing things. Sejuani is extremely straightforward mechanically. Landing dash and ult are all just based on familiarity with the ranges.

You are missing things. Sejuani is extremely straightforward mechanically. Landing dash and ult are all just based on familiarity with the ranges.

I said my mechanics were probably the problem. Familiarity with range is a good point, though. That's always a slow one for me.

dimb

I'm saying the mechanics on Sejuani are simple enough that if you aren't getting much out of her it's probably more related to not understanding her.

I'm saying the mechanics on Sejuani are simple enough that if you aren't getting much out of her it's probably more related to not understanding her.

Oh, I get you now. Yeah, that's definitely going to be part of it. Maybe watching some pro junglers or reading more jungle guides based around her would help.

Q8D3vil

Lost my platinum series even though i owned all lanes in all 5 games except one.
Sad thing is i know im better than platinum players but still stuck in gold.

Blizzard

Banned
I'm still on the 5-6 game Sejuani loss streak, but I will be trying again tonight if garath or soda cop/dimb are on to spectate a game.

Current plans/changes:
* Wait until level 3 to gank
* Start at red buff and go straight to blue instead of vice versa, to avoid scumbag junglers stealing red. (will fail if the other team invades blue as a whole, but this is rare in silver)
* Try not to die much.
* Practice using non-smartcast ult since I was missing smartcast ult so much.
* If the game lasts long enough to go past golem and ninja tabi, consider getting sunfire/banshees/that green MR armor thing rather than aegis.

jerd

uasH4.jpg

My first promotion series. I dropped two divisions and got to 0 LP in Silver 4 before finally starting to trend back upwards.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Watching the tourney has gotten me interested in playing this again. I was never very good at all...How open are GAF folks to helping a newbie out learning the ins and outs of things?

"Hey Xin, river is warded, gank through lane"
"Ok"
*Xin ganks through river*
"Xin I told you river is warded, gank through lane"
"All right"
*Walks through river, gets counterganked, free triple*

Solo Q is so much fun

garath

Lost my platinum series even though i owned all lanes in all 5 games except one.
Sad thing is i know im better than platinum players but still stuck in gold.

Sucks :( You'll get it next time.

I'm still on the 5-6 game Sejuani loss streak, but I will be trying again tonight if garath or soda cop/dimb are on to spectate a game.

Current plans/changes:
* Wait until level 3 to gank
* Start at red buff and go straight to blue instead of vice versa, to avoid scumbag junglers stealing red. (will fail if the other team invades blue as a whole, but this is rare in silver)
* Try not to die much.
* Practice using non-smartcast ult since I was missing smartcast ult so much.
* If the game lasts long enough to go past golem and ninja tabi, consider getting sunfire/banshees/that green MR armor thing rather than aegis.

It's really really rare I'd try to gank before 3. I still smartcast her ult. Just have to understand the range.

I start at red or blue depending on what lanes it looks like I'm going to want to pressure/gank/counter jungle. Don't be too afraid of the red invade. Ask the support to drop an explorer on it at 1:30 and if you see the whole team invade, just go for their red. If it's their jungler solo then ping the living crap out of it and if your lanes have half a brain it's an easy first blood. It's such a risky play that I see silver junglers do all the time. This is part of why I take Q second and dash over the blue wall. I can get to red quicker and immediately have CC.

Had the locket discussion with a bind and scy one day after a tough game I had. They really sold me on the value locket brings to the TEAM. If you expect anything more than skirmishes, the locket can really have an impact. Especially if there is serious magic threat. I don't think the shield by itself is worth it if they have a very heavy AD team though and I'd probably go sunfire or Randuins next.

My first promotion series. I dropped two divisions and got to 0 LP in Silver 4 before finally starting to trend back upwards.

Good luck!

dimb

locket is extremely overrated, primarily because bulwark used to be so strong but locket has less in common with it than people realize.
Did they change Varus in the latest patch? Mind you I'm playing again after two months. He seems pretty weak now.
no.

Type2

locket is extremely overrated, primarily because bulwark used to be so strong but locket has less in common with it than people realize.

no.

I agree I rarely prioritize it and even in the situations it is called for the support can pick it up. Finishing your core tank items/resistances are much more important.

Edwardo

Watching the tourney has gotten me interested in playing this again. I was never very good at all...How open are GAF folks to helping a newbie out learning the ins and outs of things?

Join the NeoGAF channel in-game and post any questions here! There should always be at least one person who can give you some good info.

Somax

no.

At first I read "locket" and I thought of the "innervating locket".
I was like: WHAT? IT'S BACK?

Then I understood. Sigh.

I remember regarding the whole JoJo combo breaking patch fiasco there was a quote from a Blazblue dev saying that you shouldn't try to balance a fighting game overnight.

I know League isn't a fighting game but I think that applies here. Or maybe it doesn't count since these changes haven't been pushed to live yet (as far as I know).

Blizzard

Banned
Sigh, why am I getting only like 5 LP per win? I'd be in my promos by now if I still got 20...
Are you in tier 1?

I don't really understand MMR and the gains. Some parts make sense and some feel weird. I've been mentioning them occasionally as half rant, half documentation. I was getting like 17 per win in silver 2, then 7 per win in silver 1, roughly? I think Boken also mentioned a drop of 10 or so LP going to silver 1.

I was winning like 7 and losing 4. Then I lost a bunch and it went down to winning 4 and losing 4. Then I won like 7 out of 8 in a row, and it was like win 5, lose 4. Then I lost like 7 in a row and went down to lose 6, lose 9, lose 11.

...then I won my most recent Silver 1 game and gained 14 points? That was pretty much when I threw up my hands and said I had no idea how it worked. :p

Edwardo

Understandable. They are unsure if you are a legit Corki player or just another bandwagoner. Or they still think Corki's bad.

Oh definitely. I ended up going Nami, then another teammate picks Corki, lol..

We made them surrender at 20. I was 0-0-10 and our Corki was 7-0 haha.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Are there any good primers on items? That's one thing that's always been difficult for me - getting to understand the items, what to buy, why to buy it, etc.

Are there any good primers on items? That's one thing that's always been difficult for me - getting to understand the items, what to buy, why to buy it, etc.

The only problem with that is items perform differently depending on the champion.

What I mean by that is buying a a Blade of the Ruined King isn't going to be as effective on Sona as it will be on someone like Vayne.

There is a page on the LoL Wiki that will show you the particulars for any given item though.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Sigh, today is not a good day for ranked. I'm really off my game.

Type2

First two games in silver 5 since my promo and it felt more like bronze 5. Ive never had such morons on both teams. Feed fests and kill hunting all game with little to no focus on objectives. I think I need a two to three day break after that. Also ive been finding the most enjoyment playing around 10am PST. I seem to have no children,politeness in the lobby and team work.

On a happier note I am in love with nocturne all over again. Gonna try to get a 7 page rune bundle once I get my 10k rp from riot and play around with set ups.

DeadNames

Banned
Are you in tier 1?

I don't really understand MMR and the gains. Some parts make sense and some feel weird. I've been mentioning them occasionally as half rant, half documentation. I was getting like 17 per win in silver 2, then 7 per win in silver 1, roughly? I think Boken also mentioned a drop of 10 or so LP going to silver 1.

I was winning like 7 and losing 4. Then I lost a bunch and it went down to winning 4 and losing 4. Then I won like 7 out of 8 in a row, and it was like win 5, lose 4. Then I lost like 7 in a row and went down to lose 6, lose 9, lose 11.

...then I won my most recent Silver 1 game and gained 14 points? That was pretty much when I threw up my hands and said I had no idea how it worked. :p

Yeah, im in bronze 1. Aatrox has carried me<333

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom