• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Seems like just yesterday people scoffed at Corki picks, now we're expecting nerfs.
I finally found a comment I made about Corki a little over two weeks ago:

My current prediction is that he will be nerfed ala AP Rengar, AP Tryndamere, and AP Yi once he becomes a little more popular. I expect to see Riot comments like "This should enable more strategy for Corki in that he will have to choose when to attack, and more counterplay for other people to avoid his blinding starburst Q."
Of course, I was thinking AP Corki was the powerful one, and not considering triforce AD, so my future prediction skills are failure.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
wow, he listed half the champions in the game two weeks ago and one of them got picked. good job boken.

garath

Garath or Soda Cop, would one of you be around tonight to spectate me playing Sejuani? I would like advice after the game if I continue my losing streak (or potentially even if I win).

dimb is a far better player than I am but if you want my opinion, I could probably objectively point out a couple things. I'm only on until 8:30 EST give or take though.

btw, went with maxing Q second last sejuani game and I am definitely happy about it. The slow and little extra damage from E is useful but the mobility is more so. Too bad Q is a mana hog.

Had to still take flash because of Jarvan opponent but I'll try a ghost game soon.

jerd

timX.jpg

Its happening.

They don't even know.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i saw corki picked/banned in all my ranked games today i think. when he was on my team the enemy cait made fun of him for picking corki. it was weird, but then she got like two quadras in a row. nami/corki is not a good combo. ad carries don't usually care/think about synergy so it kinda sucks to pick the support first.

scy

i saw corki picked/banned in all my ranked games today i think. when he was on my team the enemy cait made fun of him for picking corki. it was weird, but then she got like two quadras in a row. nami/corki is not a good combo. ad carries don't usually care/think about synergy so it kinda sucks to pick the support first.

I feel like quoting something:

don't bandwagon champs.

This is what he meant people.

Blizzard

Banned
oh, i missed that. i'll watch games if i'm around.

dimb is a far better player than I am but if you want my opinion, I could probably objectively point out a couple things. I'm only on until 8:30 EST give or take though.

btw, went with maxing Q second last sejuani game and I am definitely happy about it. The slow and little extra damage from E is useful but the mobility is more so. Too bad Q is a mana hog.

Had to still take flash because of Jarvan opponent but I'll try a ghost game soon.

I agree about Q second and also about Q being a mana hog (ha ha HOG because she's riding a HOG). I might be on around 7:30 thanks!

*edit* Oh come on, someone already beat me to the joke.

jerd

"who bans Corki"

Malphite and Amumu banned.

People seriously rage when you don't ban Malph or Amumu in silver (where I'm at at least).

But then when you see them all they do is miss ults. I've also never played against a Shen that I felt was a threat. I don't even think people know why they ban champs half the time.

Side note: Vi really good.

People seriously rage when you don't ban Malph or Amumu in silver (where I'm at at least).

But then when you see them all they do is miss ults. I've also never played against a Shen that I felt was a threat. I don't even think people know why they ban champs half the time.

i ban them so my team won't pick them. i sometimes leave shen and others open if they have first pick.

garath

Lost my first sejuani game. Sad day. I think one of the major differences between low elo and higher elo though is the ability to recognize when a game is truly done. Everyone's ready to give up at 10min at the first sign of trouble.

Pretty excited to see Talon, Lulu, Seujani, and Aatrox in the free rotation. They're all on my pickup list and getting to spend meaningful time with all of them will make deciding when to pick them up.

Lost my first sejuani game. Sad day. I think one of the major differences between low elo and higher elo though is the ability to recognize when a game is truly done. Everyone's ready to give up at 10min at the first sign of trouble.
This pisses me off so much in Silver.

We're lord knows how far behind in gold, pushed back into inner turrets, no vision, our adc barely has one full item and our mid can't land skillshots for shit and is always caught in shitty spots. We can totally win because we have lategame.

This pisses me off so much in Silver.

We're lord knows how far behind in gold, pushed back into inner turrets, no vision, our adc barely has one full item and our mid can't land skillshots for shit and is always caught in shitty spots. We can totally win because we have lategame.
It's like people don't understand how the game works. The longer it goes, the more likely it becomes that you can come back. If the enemy doesn't want to finish, good. Your window of opportunity is opening.

But what do I know. I'm new. But I've never voted to surrender, and many of those games turned into wins. MANY.

Newt

Can't believe I just won this game. I was Draven alone, we had two tops because a Vlad and Zac were fighting for it. I was up against a Sona and a Corki, and I was zoned pretty hard undertower. Corki got cocky, and decided to keep farming while out of mana. I punished that hard by getting a double kill completely alone, and securing dragon for the team. Even though I was super low on CS, my passive allowed me to stay ahead and completely overwhelm the lane. If you were wondering, Corki had 70 CS more than me, but I had 4.4k more gold than him by the end of the game.

DeadNames

Banned
Pretty excited to see Talon, Lulu, Seujani, and Aatrox in the free rotation. They're all on my pickup list and getting to spend meaningful time with all of them will make deciding when to pick them up.

Aatrox is epic. His ult his so awesome. Easy to play at first, but learning his W can make for some awesome outplays.

Biased opinion though

Blizzard

Banned
I really don't understand my own inconsistency. Even playing different days, and maybe all but one in Silver I:

* I went 7 wins in a row with Sejuani
* Now I am on a 4-loss losing streak

I could literally lose every bit of brief 4 LP gain I got. I'm not something like 18 games away from 100 LP, and only 2 weeks left in September.

Newt

10 less AD and the MS bonus is halved for ranged champs. Corki too strong.

EDIT: Ez too. Now all we need is Graves and then we'll have a ADC Holy Trinity Reunion.
Goodbye Corki, you filthy yordle. Time for the Draven to get back his spotlight!

...and the rat...

Einbroch

Banned
I absolutely love Quinn top. Just started playing again after not playing for a few weeks and dominated as Quinn.

Mark AA ==> E ===> Mark AA + Trinity Force ==> Q = DEAD

Blizzard

Banned
7 wins, 5 losses Sejuani so far. Now 6 LP loss. That's the most I've ever lost in Silver 1, and I went on like the 8 win 1 loss streak there so I really don't understand MMR. It should be higher than earlier. MATH HOW DOES IT WORK. =P

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Baron throws games people. Baron throws games.

I never ping for baron if our team is ahead unless we've killed 3+ people, have super minions beating on their inhibs, or see their ADC bot while we have full vision of the pit. Baron can destroy even the largest leads if you get cocky.

y2dvd

I never ping for baron if our team is ahead unless we've killed 3+ people, have super minions beating on their inhibs, or see their ADC bot while we have full vision of the pit. Baron can destroy even the largest leads if you get cocky.

Yep. It was the early phase of late game (funny to say) and the opponent team started baron with all of us alive but halfway across the map. I immediately headed towards there with my team behind me. They were up about 10 kills mind you. I distracted them with a Q and W as Cho and half the team focused me. Our Nasus just walked up and smite stole baron from them! We cleaned up 4 of the enemy and made one push to take the middle inhib and then Nexus. I bet everyone on that team was bitching out the guy who made the baron call.

Just finished my placements. Got put in Silver III. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but feel I should have done better. I only lost my lane once as adc in the eight games I played there. My jungle game was awful though. I need to stop jungling zac.

Edwardo

Just finished my placements. Got put in Silver III. I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but feel I should have done better. I only lost my lane once as adc in the eight games I played there. My jungle game was awful though. I need to stop jungling zac.

Congrats on Silver 3. Get a nice streak going and win your promos, and you might skip silver 2.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

I got placed into Bronze 1. Placements don't mean jack.

*sigh*

I decided to play my promotion games today (is my second attempt) to move to S1, since I don't play ranked in weekends.

I was fourth pick in the 2 games. The first thing I type in champ select is always. "mid if possible, support or adc if not. :)" (Since jungle is my worst, and I lack experience playing top).

In the first game 2nd pick said nothing, and only adc and mid were left, he picks Katarina (against Orianna), I picked Twitch then, everything was going alright, I got 2 kills and my cs was even, so I was ahead thanks to the kills. I got ganked by Orianna from behind, I escaped but my support died, Orianna had 4 kills. Katarina was 2/6.

The point is, Katarina tried to surrender at 20, then complained of why we declined and said "You feed Orianna". I wasn't paying too much attention to the chat, until she said like 5 times that "she won her lane." If it wasn't for the fact that I avoid to be "that guy" (and bc I'm too lazy to argue with someone I won't see again in-game) I would have said that it was her job to roam and counter-roam, it's soloQ, you can't trust your team to hear your mia's, getting 10-15 cs isn't really worth letting the other mid get 1 or 2 kills in top/bot and a tower/dragon.

sigh

Now I have exams and GTA V, so I have one month left, hmmm.

Newt

*sigh*

I decided to play my promotion games today (is my second attempt) to move to S1, since I don't play ranked in weekends.

I was fourth pick in the 2 games. The first thing I type in champ select is always. "mid if possible, support or adc if not. :)" (Since jungle is my worst, and I lack experience playing top).

In the first game 2nd pick said nothing, and the only adc and mid were left, he picks Katarina (against Orianna), I picked Twitch then, everything was going alright, I got 2 kills and my cs was even, so I was ahead thanks to the kills. I got ganked by Orianna from behind, I escaped but my support died, Orianna had 4 kills. Katarina was 2/6.

The point is, Katarina tried to surrender at 20, then complained of why we declined and said "You feed Orianna". I wasn't paying too much attention to the chat, until she said like 5 times that "she won her lane." If it wasn't for the fact that I avoid to be "that guy" (and bc I'm too lazy to argue with someone I won't see again in-game) I would have said that it was her job to roam and counter-roam, it's soloQ, you can't trust your team to hear your mia's, getting 10-15 cs isn't really worth letting the other mid get 1 or 2 kills in top/bot and a tower/dragon.

sigh

Now I have exams and GTA V, so I have one month left, hmmm.
Well to be fair, you should expect people to listen to your pings, especially if you use like 3.

Well to be fair, you should expect people to listen to your pings, especially if you use like 3.

I always ping 3 times MIA, and the danger one to point out where he may gank.

Even yet, 5 days ago, I had a Soraka trying to convince my team to report me for not calling mia's (And it was just a normal). I just told my team to see the chat, and it was fill of mia's and wards, so nothing happened.

After that, I always try to follow the other laner if: isn't a trap, I see other lane overextended and they don't retreat in the next 2 seconds, or if I'm winning my lane.

Ferga

Enter rank game after Worlds is done. Servers broken. Loss forgiven please.

Edit: well that was probably the most interesting game of LoL i've ever played. Everyone would run towards mid to fight then mid-way, everyone would dc for a few seconds, begin to run back to base, reconnect then run back towards mid to fight. Repeat until everyone gets bored.

I got sick of it and started backdooring and dying to tower. Fun game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom