• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subtle

So I recently picked up Ezreal. I've played four games with him. My KDA is 9.5/3.8. Winrate? 25%... also dropped back down to Silver 2. This game is so unfair sometimes.

Subtle

Why haven't you picked up Draven yet?

idk. I probably should soon. But I also want Miss Fortune and Quinn :p

Ezreal is so faceroll easy. Good laning phase and his Arcane Shift is just way too good. Althought the lack of CC does hurt. I'm rolling with Triforce-BT-LW. No idea if it's any good, but I don't really feel the need for aspd. Maybe Static Shiv would be good for the waveclear, still experimenting.

Newt

I need to learn to play Corki. It hurts me to say this, but I think he actually packs more damage than Draven does, which I thought only Vayne could do, but I play Vayne a lot anyways. Corki is like the least balanced champ out right now with the new trinity, lol. I'll be happy when they nerf him and trinity to the ground.

Ken

woah promotion series to g3

first game

jJ1feUq3rT2cm.png

back to final fantasy

Ferga

I believe sona corki is a near impossible lane to beat without jungle ganks.

Try it out. Push to tower and start poking the crap outta them.

Q8D3vil

I believe sona corki is a near impossible lane to beat without jungle ganks.

Try it out. Push to tower and start poking the crap outta them.

I wish i get decent support champs, all i get is Nunu these days (of all supports). One time I got Leona last game and their poke was retarded (cait/zyra) and lost early. One time i got fiddle and man what an easy lane that was.

scy

Sona is the standout Corki support.

With Assassins being so big in general, Lulu might see more play again as well since she's fairly good against them.

bjaelke

Heh, just experienced a Lulu bug where she used Wildgrowth on a Kogmaw the very second he died, so he ended up with a giant passive.

Snowman

So new champion releases have really slowed down. I know they said they were gonna slow em down, but in that post i'm pretty sure it said they were still looking to release a minimum of 14 champs this year. They're at 6 and we're basically 3/4 of the way through. What's going on?

Mothman91

I need to learn to play Corki. It hurts me to say this, but I think he actually packs more damage than Draven does, which I thought only Vayne could do, but I play Vayne a lot anyways. Corki is like the least balanced champ out right now with the new trinity, lol. I'll be happy when they nerf him and trinity to the ground.
Don't you have no heart, don't touch my corki plz.
#riotpls

Blizzard

Banned
As one might expect, Corki is listed as popular and having the third highest win rate on lolking at the moment. I didn't dig into the details of ranked level breakdowns.

However, Janna and Rammus are currently even higher, and Janna is apparently a relatively common pick so it is not just a dedicated few pro players playing the champion to crank up the win rate.

Bah. Play Jarvan jungle because I haven't done it in ages. First blood their mid, make multiple kills without dying, and generally do well early-mid game. Sona flaming constantly from the first few minutes, Nidalee (most of our kills) roaming when it's ridiculously unsafe, getting caught. Sona misses every ult, or just ults Janna, meanwhile telling me to go back to Bronze. Vayne thinks Malzahar is OP because he ults her when she tries to duel him. -.-

Despite multiple ults/EQs on their carries, team focus other people and get Malph/Fiddle ulted. Every teamfight becomes a throw. Eventually, they push and win, to the tune of much flaming by Sona.

I know I'm not great, but god damn. This game hurts sometimes.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
What is your (or their) ingame name? I was going to look it up on lolnexus or something to see if they main Katarina, since they might just be playing a champion they are familiar with.

If I had a way of finding it I would tell you. I don't think she was his/her main though.

That would be interesting though. I have yet to choose Kat in a ranked game on purpose.

Blizzard

Banned
If I had a way of finding it I would tell you. I don't think she was his/her main though.

That would be interesting though. I have yet to choose Kat in a ranked game on purpose.
I mean if I knew the name you used in League of Legends, and you played with or against the Kat, I could tell you.

It also depends on the skill level of players since good players may counter her better. In season 3 ranked, I have a 65% Katarina win rate, but it's only 13-7 and I have rarely played her especially once I got out of the lowest silver tiers.

In season 2 ranked, I had 100 Katarina wins, 55 losses, for a 64.5% win rate. But, that included a climb from really low rankings, and it was before the Katarina remake.

Amakusa

You literally play nothing but aram...very odd.

Yeah last year when I started, I did nothing for 5v5, then I stop playing for a number of months. My friend told me they put ARAM in normal Q without custom. I didn't know what Aram was really. So I connected and got hooked.

Blizzard

Banned
More notes about LP gains and mysterious math that perhaps only Boken understands:

Streaks of winning winning 7/10 or 8/10 games, and/or multiple games in a row, gets gains like +4 +4 +4 +5 +6. Losing 3 games in a row goes like -5, -7, -9, but then winning goes like +14, +7 (not sure about this one), +4.

However, after going back to I think +4 for two games after the streak of losses, at around 49 LP in Silver 1, I won a game today and got 11 LP.

So my current theories are one or more of the following:
* Having 3 Gold V on the other team (despite their presumable low MMR) and 0 Gold on my team affected the LP gain.
* Having a duo on the other team, and no duo on my team, affected the LP gain.
* My being first pick and winning affected the LP gain.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
It's funny how we have these streaks of success and streaks of failure. Yesterday I would have told you i'm well on my way to silver.

Today I am well on my way to wood.

Ranked always starts off streaky and than start to stabilize as you get more and more games in.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Wow, today is not my day for ranked. Dear god.

The last several days have not been good for ranked. The swings in ranked are crazy. I know it'll turn around soon, but damn, I've lost the will to play.

Good luck. Hopefully it turns around sooner rather than later for you.

Ranked always starts off streaky and than start to stabilize as you get more and more games in.

I'm 43 games in now. :/ 18W/25L, and doesn't look like getting better.

The last several days have not been good for ranked. The swings in ranked are crazy. I know it'll turn around soon, but damn, I've lost the will to play.

Good luck. Hopefully it turns around sooner rather than later for you.

Cheers. You too.

It's funny how we have these streaks of success and streaks of failure. Yesterday I would have told you i'm well on my way to silver.

Today I am well on my way to wood.

I've been stuck in Silver V for the lonnngest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom