• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd like to watch one of these live. is that possible in League?
People are always welcome to spectate, either to give me advice after the game, or for their own amusement. Just add SummonsInTrouble in the North American server's "neogaf" chat channel and you should be able to right click -> spectate from the friends list. There may also be a way to spectate directly from lolnexus.com without adding me as a friend, but I don't know if that requires hooking up some special web browser/LoL URL handler. I usually play 2-4 games in the evenings eastern standard time.

HOWEVER, I am not even gold, so I have to warn you that A) I'm probably due a losing streak since I go in streaks, and B) you probably should not treat how I play as anything much to learn from. :p

Oh and C), don't watch unless you want to see 100% Sejuani/Nami, since that's practically all I play now.

People are always welcome to spectate, either to give me advice after the game, or for their own amusement. Just add SummonsInTrouble in the North American server's "neogaf" chat channel and you should be able to right click -> spectate from the friends list. There may also be a way to spectate directly from lolnexus.com without adding me as a friend, but I don't know if that requires hooking up some special web browser/LoL URL handler. I usually play 2-4 games in the evenings eastern standard time.

HOWEVER, I am not even gold, so I have to warn you that A) I'm probably due a losing streak since I go in streaks, and B) you probably should not treat how I play as anything much to learn from. :p

Oh and C), don't watch unless you want to see 100% Sejuani/Nami, since that's practically all I play now.
I shall add you. :-D

Q8D3vil

Even in Platinum elo hell exist....
I mean how the fuck do you see the champion picked for every lane and u still choose the worst champion against them.....
see pantheon pick elise
see caitlyn pick vayne
Jungle Rengar...

im just gonna troll in the next 3 games, cant take this game seriously anymore.

Newt

Made it to gold II, Janna+Draven op lane gg wp.

Edit: Also, that fiddle I mentioned earlier was actually legit Diamond V on the Korean server.

Boken

Banned
I mean how the fuck do you see the champion picked for every lane and u still choose the worst champion against them.....
see pantheon pick elise
see caitlyn pick vayne
Jungle Rengar...

okkkk

people can have bad games, and not everybody plays by countering their lane

trolling is way worse than picking elise vs pantheon to test yourself or being confident that once you get botrk you can solo cait as vayne. ive routinely picked into counter picks because im confident in the matchup/want to test it, and i still win.

i understand that you had a bad game, but you sound like nothing but a petulant rager

tm24

Just played with a fiddle whose first 3 items were mercs, hextech and grail. How can silver players be worse than provisional?

Q8D3vil

okkkk

people can have bad games, and not everybody plays by countering their lane

trolling is way worse than picking elise vs pantheon to test yourself or being confident that once you get botrk you can solo cait as vayne. ive routinely picked into counter picks because im confident in the matchup/want to test it, and i still win.

i understand that you had a bad game, but you sound like nothing but a petulant rager

No, when vayne just say "lol caitlyn hard counter me but whatever" and proceed to pick vayne then you know they dont give a flying fuck about winning.

I take rank games seriously and all my pick are strong with extremely high chance to win the lane. so when i say trolling i mean playing champion that are fun to play but are considered weak picks in general (rengar/galio).

I stopped raging ingame a month ago because talking to retards is useless. I just proceed to mute everyone and go afk or farm until game is over.

Im just going to have fun with rank now, fuck playing seriously to win because its useless. Gonna master Korean gp today.

being confident that once you get botrk you can solo cait as vayne
Assuming equal gold and full health for both characters, why not?

Also same here, I've routinely ran Vayne against Caits. With a synergistic support (Nami, Janna) I win the lane. If the enemy Cait had someone like Nunu/Taric/Sona/Leona I'm not even gonna try touching Cait. There are just cases when people try to counterpick you in champ select but don't know how to play it at all. I mean 2 nights ago someone tried to counterpick my Ahri with Annie. She didn't know how to play her at all and easily doubled her CS after killing her a few times. Didn't even try to bait me with E->passive.

Re: Cait - i don't think she can be out picked lane wise unless the other team, as mentioned, pick a wombocombo ADC/Supp setup - all things being equal.

IMO, her farming and sieging ability isn't matched by anyone during the early game. You just have to accept it and deal with it best you can.

Kenai

Blah. I haven't been playing for a bit even though I wanted to, so I played tonight. Had a good match as Sona with a Corki in normals, he immediately friended me after, then asks why i am Bronze and then does a ranked match with me.

I call support, the other guy during my selection autolocks Heimerdinger "support". i play Kog cause whatever and adc is all that's left. He builds a full AP set with 0 wards ever. plus his turrets seriously ruined my lasthitting/cs. I am not that great to begin with but between that and zero wards so i am somewhat panicked about a gank, their Cait has double my CS by game's end. The best part? The guy I was duoing with coulda just played ADC bot lane with me support again and that Heim woulda been fine mid.

After:

Me: "this is a perfectly normal ranked match for me, I could literally not be less surprised".

Him:..."oh."

Ranked makes me seriously gag sometimes.

Q8D3vil

He's the one who would constantly bitch about things being OP, imbalanced etc. right? Think I remember him from the SC threads too.
protoss op :mad:
If only my wrist doesnt hurt me for days when i play sc :(
Cait - i don't think she can be out picked lane wise unless the other team, as mentioned, pick a wombocombo ADC/Supp setup - all things being equal.

IMO, her farming and sieging ability isn't matched by anyone during the early game. You just have to accept it and deal with it best you can.
Everytime i play against cait i get nunu support, i dont know why i have such a bad luck against her.

DeadNames

Banned
see pantheon pick elise
see caitlyn pick vayne
Jungle Rengar...

Be part of the solution, not the problem.

Ferga

grooaaan writing so many reports tonight. No matter how well I do early on and donate kills, people just want to split push, feed and then typing out abuse because they've been dying

In the last few weeks I've really been expanding out my champions and getting stronger at the lanes I'm in, I've even been focusing on playing more solo queue to get more comfortable playing with randoms. I've been trying to improve in areas where I was weak as I felt that I could improve dramatically for ranked. I used to find myself stuck in the same few roles but now I find myself countering when possible.

With how close Season 3 is to an end, is it worth trying to escape Bronze III or should I just wait for Season 4? I'm just scared that I'm going to throw myself into a worse position when I have 6 wins but 12 losses.

Ken

With how close Season 3 is to an end, is it worth trying to escape Bronze III or should I just wait for Season 4? I'm just scared that I'm going to throw myself into a worse position when I have 6 wins but 12 losses.

if you're scared about meaningless placement in a video game ranking system might as well never play at all

if you're scared about meaningless placement in a video game ranking system might as well never play at all

Scared really wasn't the right word for me to use, more that I feel that I'm not prepared enough for ranked and that maybe I should take some more time instead of going straight back in.

Exactly. Been spamming ranked a lot more in the last couple of weeks, it's been at best frustrating, but it's the only way to get anywhere.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean. I guess just pick a champion or two that you're good with and concentrate on trying to get them in ranked games?

Well. Silver 4 guys. Jarvan IV did the job. Im maining Shyvana right now.

Congrats. My best games lately have been jungling, including a great J4 game, but no matter what I do we still seem to lose.

Ken

Scared really wasn't the right word for me to use, more that I feel that I'm not prepared enough for ranked and that maybe I should take some more time instead of going straight back in.

don't be silly

majority of people you get teamed up with probably aren't either

stop worrying about your rank and spend more time actually playing the game; it's the only way you make any progress without yelling at everyone in your team every hour (like i used to do)

don't be silly

majority of people you get teamed up with probably aren't either

stop worrying about your rank and spend more time actually playing the game; it's the only way you make any progress

Well, thanks for the advice. I think I'll give ranked another chance later today.

Wow that was interesting.

Normal blind pick. My team is top riven, jungle sej, talon mid (me), blitz and ashe bot. After laning phase I'm 4-0, Riven is 4-0, but bot has fed ridiculously hard and graves is 12-1. I can't come close to bursting him down in a full combo even with ignite. I'm sure we've lost.

Our Riven wasn't having it. Kept saying we could win. Suddenly I'd get a couple of picks, then Riven would carry a teamfight. Riven managed to split push top lane to an inhib, we took baron, and we won. Their Graves finished 13-4, me 10-1 and Riven 10-2.

Just insane. One of those games where you are just mentally thinking "omg stop feeding" and then suddenly there's another kill message "Graves is on a rampage!"

Talon is a ridiculously strong pick against Ahri. Shocking news that surprises everyone I'm sure. Almost gave up first blood because of her landing a charm near her tower though.

Edit: turns out their graves was silver 4 and had 1200 normal wins. I was the most capped in my team... with 100.

You're already in Bronze, you have absolutely nothing to lose.

Just take advantage of ranked having more people trying hard to win to get better for S4 or to maybe get out of Silver, but don't worry too much about it.

Ferga

well team score of 20-5 at 15minutes but my team didn't want to end the game even when i threatened to afk

We just let yi, kog and ezreal free farm until 40minutes in to kills us all with their 6 item builds.

People are so smart sometimes.

Ken

well team score of 20-5 at 15minutes but my team didn't want to end the game even when i threatened to afk

We just let yi, kog and ezreal free farm until 40minutes in to kills us all with their 6 item builds.

dang i should have been signed in to spectate

Type2

Im stuck in the silver 5 hell pit and this is by far the biggest problem for me. Ill get us an early lead from the jungle then I have people pinging me off turrets or not assisting when we have knowledge of where the other team is.
Once the outer turrets are down people have no idea what to do...lane farm and xp get wasted,wards get placed at the same time in one tight area and people would rather chase for a kill when there is a wave pushed to tower with 3+ members of our team alive.

Im strongly considering brushing up on my toplane and playing a strong split pusher with TP. At least then I can force more objectives and carry harder.

Terrutas

Neo Member
No, when vayne just say "lol caitlyn hard counter me but whatever" and proceed to pick vayne then you know they dont give a flying fuck about winning.

I take rank games seriously and all my pick are strong with extremely high chance to win the lane. so when i say trolling i mean playing champion that are fun to play but are considered weak picks in general (rengar/galio).

I stopped raging ingame a month ago because talking to retards is useless. I just proceed to mute everyone and go afk or farm until game is over.

Im just going to have fun with rank now, fuck playing seriously to win because its useless. Gonna master Korean gp today.

Skill matters infinitely more than the matchup. I've first picked Vayne like 15 times and got "countered" by a caitlyn, but she didn't even zone me out or touch me while I farmed. And we just steamrolled them.

If you don't have matchup knowledge or good execution you might as well not even pick a "counter".

garath

So as my MMR has been rising, the blitz bans have been easing up so I'm facing blitz a lot more as support than I ever did. So far I've picked Leona into him twice with good success. One game was a loss but that happened in the late game. Laning went pretty well both times.

Any other good support picks against a Blitz? One game Thresh was even open but I've only played him once in a normal blind and didn't feel like inflicting my Thresh play on ranked.

He's really annoying. Just dodging hooks all laning phase. Make a mistake and generally pay for it with your life.

Im stuck in the silver 5 hell pit and this is by far the biggest problem for me. Ill get us an early lead from the jungle then I have people pinging me off turrets or not assisting when we have knowledge of where the other team is.
Once the outer turrets are down people have no idea what to do...lane farm and xp get wasted,wards get placed at the same time in one tight area and people would rather chase for a kill when there is a wave pushed to tower with 3+ members of our team alive.

Im strongly considering brushing up on my toplane and playing a strong split pusher with TP. At least then I can force more objectives and carry harder.

I'm in pretty much this situation, except the jungling success has only been very recent. Up to that I was mostly supporting and just not able to get anywhere with it. Some success with Terbinator in duos but then a couple of bad games and I'm back to zero again.

Maybe time to learn that proxy Singed play? :/

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
if anything it is even more difficult to force or defend objectives when you are tied to a lane.

Edwardo

We've been talking out this lately and it definitely works. I just run Trynd with TP and Flash. Statik Shiv + Botrk is all you need to take down towers. Add in your spin + ult + flash and nobody can kill you. Throw a couple wards in the river and their jungle to see them coming. The other team is usually pretty terrible at stopping your splitpush (at least in silver), because you can kill pretty much anyone 1v1 or even 1v2. If they send more than that, then the rest of your team will be at a big advantage. You should be a couple levels ahead most of the game as well.

And if you get a crappy lane opponent, just farm under your tower. It can be rediculously easy to farm with Trynd because of all the crits.

Terrutas

Neo Member
So as my MMR has been rising, the blitz bans have been easing up so I'm facing blitz a lot more as support than I ever did. So far I've picked Leona into him twice with good success. One game was a loss but that happened in the late game. Laning went pretty well both times.

Any other good support picks against a Blitz? One game Thresh was even open but I've only played him once in a normal blind and didn't feel like inflicting my Thresh play on ranked.

He's really annoying. Just dodging hooks all laning phase. Make a mistake and generally pay for it with your life.

Alistar, Zyra and Leona are generally the best picks against him.

We've been talking out this lately and it definitely works. I just run Trynd with TP and Flash. Statik Shiv + Botrk is all you need to take down towers. Add in your spin + ult + flash and nobody can kill you. Throw a couple wards in the river and their jungle to see them coming. The other team is usually pretty terrible at stopping your splitpush (at least in silver), because you can kill pretty much anyone 1v1 or even 1v2. If they send more than that, then the rest of your team will be at a big advantage. You should be a couple levels ahead most of the game as well.

And if you get a crappy lane opponent, just farm under your tower. It can be rediculously easy to farm with Trynd because of all the crits.

Hrm, this is an intriguing idea. Should probably play Trondomore a bit in normals first though. >.>

Play the "who dodges first" game. :)

Derps, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom