• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Nasus has a strong late game. Perhaps someone here would like to suggest some skill orders, item orders, and general strategies for those who may be newer players or unfamiliar with Nasus!

The thing about playing Nasus top, is you need to know every single match up against him.

IE Riven you play conservative, let her push lane.
Darius, same more or less but you have to be even more defensive because of his mixed damage.
Yorick is easy farm.
Vlad can be annoying early on, but you can all in him later on.
Elise is just a bitch to go up against. No joke.

THat's only a small pool but..Nasus top is hard to play as.

Ferga

I like how people are like: Diamond 1 smurf, let me go top even though i'm last pick

This is plat 1 bitch. Diamond 1 don't mean shit unless you're lcs material.

Guy did get his role because my team were complete idiots. He picked nasus into riven and died twice before 10minutes with no jungle help on either sides.

Carried his little "diamond 1" ass

gCQGDfFh.jpg

Boken

Banned
is her name jinx, or will it be X, to continue with the "Vi" theme?!

ya'll haters are gonna eat crow when shes this awesome jet set radio future champion

Generally speaking, anything that isn't super strong at 2-3 tends to not be good in TT unless the comp is built around 6-9+. Vlad is definitely a case of the latter as he becomes huge at 9 (+ items).

On the other hand, he does have access to Hextech Sweeper so there's that.

Understood. And thanks for the confirmation.

JesseZao

It's Jinx.

Some rioters joked "you jinked it" talking about upcoming champs and the domain for the tagged Vi page is under jinx_assets.

Boken

Banned
what about... JinX, you know, to go along with her perioidic capitalisation, anarchic themes and to go along with "Vi"

shes gonna be an explosion based graffiti jetset radio champion

awesom

Blizzard

Banned
Well I was doing well again the last couple of days, winning 70-80% of games.

Then Friday night hit. I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen such bizarre, Tourettes-esque strings of racial slurs (they literally used like 4 different racial slurs in 10 seconds), homophobic slurs, and other insults. The same player literally suicided 5 or so seconds before I got to the lane when I pinged that I was going to the lane, and then later suicided when I was spamming back ping on them.

I had more farm than anyone on the team, even the ADC. I'm not sure I've ever had that with Sejuani. I had lots of mistakes anyway but at least I wasn't spamming slurs, lol.

Oh, and here was the Tourettes person's duo queue partner, Blitzcrank, and our mid laner who kept trying to get everyone to give up:
burritogmre8.png

jerd

Well I was doing well again the last couple of days, winning 70-80% of games.

Then Friday night hit. I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen such bizarre, Tourettes-esque strings of racial slurs (they literally used like 4 different racial slurs in 10 seconds), homophobic slurs, and other insults. The same player literally suicided 5 or so seconds before I got to the lane when I pinged that I was going to the lane, and then later suicided when I was spamming back ping on them.

I had more farm than anyone on the team, even the ADC. I'm not sure I've ever had that with Sejuani. I had lots of mistakes anyway but at least I wasn't spamming slurs, lol.

Oh, and here was the Tourettes person's duo queue partner, Blitzcrank, and our mid laner who kept trying to get everyone to give up:

Best thing to do in this situation is to work your ass off to carry the game to a 70 minute win.

Out of spite.

Q8D3vil

"Hi I'm smurf" is just another lie last pick do right now to get mid/top. Anyone can give you some random lolking diamond account and say thats his main account. Just fuck these guys.

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like Boken was at least somewhat right about the math. After going on a bit of a winning streak with 7 to 8 out of 10 games, my LP gains went from +4 up to, for I think the last two games, +5 and +6.

After a loss it immediately went down to +4 for a win again though, so I guess losses may decrease gains more quickly than wins increase it.

jerd

My girlfriend just got me a new computer chair and "gaming" mousepad, and my brother got me a deathadder mouse for my birthday.

Omfg diamond here I come.

bjaelke

There are a fair amount of players with 1k+ ARAMs already (assuming they're around a 50% winrate). I'm closing in on 800 as well, but it's not that I find myself spending more time on the mode than I did on SR. Queue times are very low at peak hours (>20sec) and games take 15-30 minutes on average.

jerd

did you get reported too?

Nah I actually had some really great ults, but enemy cait was really quick reacting to them and dashed so that it knocked her to safety a few times. All things considered I think I played pretty well with him. He's lots of fun, great poke and peel, but seems like a really situational pick.

in fact I think I won my lane pretty handily. I was pretty far up on Morgana in cs until late game and my Qs were tearing her up between shields. He seems like he'd be good against most skillshot champs with his E because her snares were really easy to dodge.

You should try Lee Sin too. He has this great ultimate where he kicks an enemy to safety.

Alistar is pretty fun support cuz you get to peel for both carries.

Ferga

So I took over one of my brother's bronze games. I sold all his ad items and bought ap and got a pentakill with ap trist.

It was fun.

Fuck.

Last match is like 50 minutes. We've got both of their inhibs (3v3) and a clear advantage. Our primary AD (Panth) inexplicably decides to leave the last team fight (we're all together approaching their base top side) without saying anything to either of us. He was there...I initiate...then he was gone. In fact, he ulted himself up to their final tower to try to back door their nexus.

Naturally me (the tank) and the AP nuker (Fizz) get annahilated without the actual damage dealer, panth only gets the tower. He was tanking the tower so he's at like 400hp himself and can't get back as 2 of the enemy push all the way to our unprotected nexus and take it. 1 chased him ensuring he couldn't teleport back to defend.

How frustrating, really. Like, why would you leave as the primary damage dealer and try to do that? We had won every team fight for the last 20 minutes and would have won the next if he had been there and taken their nexus with ease.

Boken

Banned
Fuck.

Last match is like 50 minutes. We've got both of their inhibs (3v3) and a clear advantage. Our primary AD (Panth) inexplicably decides to leave the last team fight (we're all together approaching their base top side) without saying anything to either of us. He was there...I initiate...then he was gone. In fact, he ulted himself up to their final tower to try to back door their nexus.

Naturally me (the tank) and the AP nuker (Fizz) get annahilated without the actual damage dealer, panth only gets the tower. He was tanking the tower so he's at like 400hp himself and can't get back as 2 of the enemy push all the way to our unprotected nexus and take it. 1 chased him ensuring he couldn't teleport back to defend.

How frustrating, really. Like, why would you leave as the primary damage dealer and try to do that? We had won every team fight for the last 20 minutes and would have won the next if he had been there and taken their nexus with ease.

youtube "the xpeke backdoor"
everbody and their mother wants to pull of an xpeke backdoor these days.

Edwardo

Who can splitpush just as well as Trynd, but does better in teamfights? I feel like I can be ahead in levels and items on Tryndamere and still struggle with team fighting. Tbh, I avoid team fighting like the plague. I've been running teleport, so any chance I get access to an open lane to push i'll just tp and puuuuush. If I only drag one enemy away, I can 1v1 them pretty easily most of the time. Same with 1v2. The problem is that if our team is behind and I need to defend. Trynd just isn't very good at defending and I get stuck.

Decided to try Gragas for the first time in a ranked game.

So many enemies were saved today.

If you're into saving enemies, Janna is the support for you.

Edwardo

zed
aatrox

Ya, those two have been on my list of champs to try out. I tried zed once while I was leveling up and didnt do spectacular, but to be fair I was still inexperienced. I've wanted to try out Aatrox too. I'd like to think that he plays similarly to Tryndamere?

Edwardo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom