• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
well team score of 20-5 at 15minutes but my team didn't want to end the game even when i threatened to afk

We just let yi, kog and ezreal free farm until 40minutes in to kills us all with their 6 item builds.

People are so smart sometimes.

Never underestimate the power of throws.

Ferga

Holy shit. What an amazing game.

We were winning early on until that support fiddle started to build ap. His ults were real terror. We lost all our inhibs and had one nexus turret up. We held out for 15 or so minutes. At around 48minutes, we finally had all 3 inhibs back up so we started to run to baron. We had no wards and we were all grouped up in the jungle as we were moving as a unit.

Once we got near the banana bush, I just flagged it to check. I then see a fiddle channeling an ult. Without any hesitation, I Q'ed straight into him, stopped his ult by almost a millisecond, tanked a bunch of damage and my team cleaned up for an ace. We pushed it to the nexus and took the win.

Got 8 honours for that game. If that fiddle ulted and zhonya'd, we would of gotten aaced in less than a second.

0FjC1nE.jpg

Edwardo

We were winning early on until that support fiddle started to build ap. His ults were real terror. We lost all our inhibs and had one nexus turret up. We held out for 15 or so minutes. At around 48minutes, we finally had all 3 inhibs back up so we started to run to baron. We had no wards and we were all grouped up in the jungle as we were moving as a unit.

Once we got near the banana bush, I just flagged it to check. I then see a fiddle channeling an ult. Without any hesitation, I Q'ed straight into him, stopped his ult by almost a millisecond, tanked a bunch of damage and my team cleaned up for an ace. We pushed it to the nexus and took the win.

Got 8 honours for that game. If that fiddle ulted and zhonya'd, we would of gotten aaced in less than a second.

So close to promos! GL

Newt

Wow, you're really close to diamond! Keep going man.

53 minute Vayne and Singed, holy shit must that match have been annoying.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

Don't suppose you recorded it?

Blizzard

Banned
Last pick tried to play chicken with me by locking in another jungler. I won.

well team score of 20-5 at 15minutes but my team didn't want to end the game even when i threatened to afk

We just let yi, kog and ezreal free farm until 40minutes in to kills us all with their 6 item builds.

People are so smart sometimes.

This is a bit disheartening because even near the top of platinum, people are still trying to troll with a double jungle pick to force a dodge, or people (you? :/) are threatening to afk. Maintaining a positive attitude and trying to get a team to work together is one thing, but I guess I naively would like to think that there are other ways to do it besides threatening to go afk.

Terrutas

Neo Member
Pretty much what I was thinking. I guess Zyra has the range and strong harass that would make his life miserable. Alistar and Leona are tanky enough and come with some good CC to counter engage.
If I have Zyra as support I use her plants for cover, very effective.

Type2

I'm in pretty much this situation, except the jungling success has only been very recent. Up to that I was mostly supporting and just not able to get anywhere with it. Some success with Terbinator in duos but then a couple of bad games and I'm back to zero again.

Maybe time to learn that proxy Singed play? :/
Well from jungle Jarvan,Nasus, Vi, Noct and Udyr can be aggressive as hell if you time your ganks right. Easy towers and dragons. When you're jungling you have to think about time often. Getting a good gank on mid for example near the 7 minute mark means the midlaner can't get his blue or at the very least can't contest a steal. If bot is winning in trades a gank can net you a turret and dragon. Also play many jugglers and learn their clear speeds. That can help you take advantage of counter ganks and jungle camp steals. Always try and leave a little camp up to waste their time and deny co.

Terrutas

Neo Member
I'm in pretty much this situation, except the jungling success has only been very recent. Up to that I was mostly supporting and just not able to get anywhere with it. Some success with Terbinator in duos but then a couple of bad games and I'm back to zero again.

Maybe time to learn that proxy Singed play? :/

Proxy stuff is pretty easy to deal with though. You just buy a snowball item like Sword of the Occult and keep killing him.

Well from jungle Jarvan,Nasus, Vi, Noct and Udyr can be aggressive as hell if you time your ganks right. Easy towers and dragons. When you're jungling you have to think about time often. Getting a good gank on mid for example near the 7 minute mark means the midlaner can't get his blue or at the very least can't contest a steal. If bot is winning in trades a gank can net you a turret and dragon. Also play many jugglers and learn their clear speeds. That can help you take advantage of counter ganks and jungle camp steals. Always try and leave a little camp up to waste their time and deny co.

I do own Riot Nasus. Might try to bring him out for jungling.

Proxy stuff is pretty easy to deal with though. You just buy a snowball item like Sword of the Occult and keep killing him.

Ah yeah, I'm not really going to do it. I couldn't deal with the flaming. XD

Nekofrog

Banned
Don't know how it happened, but I won a ranked game as Fizz mid vs. Veigar when I haven't played Fizz in forever, and even when I did it was casually as I was leveling up my account.

I was pretty much worthless and carried to the win. Last time I listen to someone who tells me what to play at champ select... if I had gone Brand, I could have at least farmed under my turret safely without getting pegged down constantly.

bcl0328

when is S3 over? i got into promo series last night for silver II. i'm really gunning for gold V so i can get the skins and shit.

scy

How come?

Because the damage from BotRK isn't that major barring a few circumstances (high HP, low Armor, long duration duels). Her ideal combos are all disengage based with a few auto-attacks in there due to Harrier (that is, Q -> HarrierAA -> E -> HarrierAA*). Harrier is non-CDR time based (discounting Vault) so getting ASPD doesn't really help much with that.

BotRK's active is nice and you can use it during Vault but the chase potential from it isn't necessary with Quinn's built-in chase potential with Vault and Heightened Sense procs (+ Phage/TF eventually). She'd just rather up front her damage.

*Though, realistically, you'll generally only get the E->HarrierAA and not the double Harrier. That still benefits higher raw AD rather than ASPD.

bcl0328

No, when vayne just say "lol caitlyn hard counter me but whatever" and proceed to pick vayne then you know they dont give a flying fuck about winning.

I take rank games seriously and all my pick are strong with extremely high chance to win the lane. so when i say trolling i mean playing champion that are fun to play but are considered weak picks in general (rengar/galio).

I stopped raging ingame a month ago because talking to retards is useless. I just proceed to mute everyone and go afk or farm until game is over.

Im just going to have fun with rank now, fuck playing seriously to win because its useless. Gonna master Korean gp today.

maybe i suck, but when i play cait vs vayne she always tears me up. we were pretty even in cs and i even had a few more ad but in a 1v1 duel vayne will destroy cait. her silver arrows plus tumble will shred cait.

Q8D3vil

maybe i suck, but when i play cait vs vayne she always tears me up. we were pretty even in cs and i even had a few more ad but in a 1v1 duel vayne will destroy cait. her silver arrows plus tumble will shred cait.
good caitlyn with ranged support will make vayne go back and forth to base the whole laning phase.

Terrutas

Neo Member

Your goal as Caitlyn against Vayne in lane is to zone her out, she cant trade auto attacks with you early on, you'll always get one autoattack ahead. Since you have 100 units advantage. Whenever she comes to last hit you can poke her for free and if she tries to fight you'll most likely win as long as you hit your Q.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the ad carry doesn't matter that much for who wins bot. comes down more to the support. stuff like sona/vayne is still good vs. cait matchups.

the ad carry doesn't matter that much for who wins bot. comes down more to the support. stuff like sona/vayne is still good vs. cait matchups.

With that combo what is Sona's objective? Get close enough to Q harass periodically and keep the ad from worrying about their hp? Apply heavy pressure?

Pancakes

With that combo what is Sona's objective? Get close enough to Q harass periodically and keep the ad from worrying about their hp? Apply heavy pressure?

Help Vayne get past the laning phase without falling too far behind in CS and/or dying.

scy

People really focus too much on the ADC part of the match-up. They're not irrelevant to the match-up, yeah, but they're pretty interchangeable compared to what the support does to things.

Generally, the support's job is to be the aggressor in the lane that keeps the enemy from freely farming while zoning for their ADC. The ADC should spend the majority of the time just farming and follows up on the Support when something major happens.

tm24

Just went 5/12/35 with J4 as my first jungle game. Stopped jungling and just started ganking at 6 and fell behind in gold, but we teamfought so much better after having a rough early game. and just started roaming as a team and pushed. We nearly threw a couple of times, but lanes were pushed so hard it was ok. I really like J4

LogicStep

So I play with 2 of my friends, all of us are lvl 30 and have close to 300 wins. I know that doesn't mean much but when should I or we venture into ranked? I still haven't played a single ranked game since I hear it's totally different and harder.

garath

Is it safe to talk about Worlds in here?

No, other thread.

So I play with 2 of my friends, all of us are lvl 30 and have close to 300 wins. I know that doesn't mean much but when should I or we venture into ranked? I still haven't played a single ranked game since I hear it's totally different and harder.

That's about when I jumped in. If you feel comfortable with playing all roles and have a few champions down pat for your favorite couple roles (that aren't normally banned) and you're comfortable with the pick/ban aspect of normal draft then you should be fine.

DeadNames

Banned
pre-emptive banning

game already knows you're gonna go on a dodge fest

No way man! I'm turnin' over a new leaf... Even though I never dodge on purpose.

A lot of it was normals and I had to leave because of something that was out of my control

Blizzard

Banned
Your goal as Caitlyn against Vayne in lane is to zone her out, she cant trade auto attacks with you early on, you'll always get one autoattack ahead. Since you have 100 units advantage. Whenever she comes to last hit you can poke her for free and if she tries to fight you'll most likely win as long as you hit your Q.
My problem with this is that Vayne tumble always meant I wouldn't just take autoattack damage, I would take boosted autoattack damage. And I would usually build AD and Vayne would build AS, so my slow autoattack animation meant I didn't get a hit in, or just one hit in, while Vayne would get one or two. I know there must be a way to do it properly, I just sadly need to practice.

This is what would always happen to me.

Boken

Banned
My problem with this is that Vayne tumble always meant I wouldn't just take autoattack damage, I would take boosted autoattack damage. And I would usually build AD and Vayne would build AS, so my slow autoattack animation meant I didn't get a hit in, or just one hit in, while Vayne would get one or two. I know there must be a way to do it properly, I just sadly need to practice.

what
just chase her down if she AA-Q's you

is that not what sona does in all lanes?

No?

Some lanes requires a more defensive approach and are approached as such. Success is measured by how many times the ADC *didn't* die and how well they could farm. Alternately, some lanes want to be more offensive and push towers down faster. Success is measured by how depressed the other team's ADC is and how big of a kill/cs lead your ADC has.

This is presuming Sona isn't only played with one way to determine a successful lane.

Help Vayne get past the laning phase without falling too far behind in CS and/or dying.
So defensive. Okay. Thanks.

scy

No?

Some lanes requires a more defensive approach and are approached as such. Success is measured by how many times the ADC *didn't* die and how well they could farm. Alternately, some lanes want to be more offensive and push towers down faster. Success is measured by how depressed the other team's ADC is and how big of a kill/cs lead your ADC has.

This is presuming Sona isn't only played with one way to determine a successful lane.

So defensive. Okay. Thanks.

No, you don't play defensive. The goal of the lane is a bit more defensive in nature (that is, not going all-out for kills) but Sona is definitely played aggressively with her zoning.

Edit: And, honestly, a good Vayne can play it aggressively as well.

Newt

The Draven vs Vayne matchup is fun. Vayne players are so used to going in and trying to duel other ADCs when they have around equal farm. Too bad Draven isn't Cait, and he'll destroy Vayne in a duel.

Pancakes

The Draven vs Vayne matchup is fun. Vayne players are so used to going in and trying to duel other ADCs when they have around equal farm. Too bad Draven isn't Cait, and he'll destroy Vayne in a duel.

I love getting matched with good Dravens as Nami. All it takes is one bubble or the enemy ADC trying to trade with Draven for us to turn it back on them with the nami E and Draven Q.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
the job of a support is to be aggressive and control the lane. it's like the aprho video. you gotta have presence in the lane, otherwise the enemy team walks all over you. sona is not meant to be defensive. you can heal up trades so well. keep poking. keep active in the lane. zone with vision and ability threat. there are situations where it is okay to hang back more, but you still have to maintain that presence and want to prevent complete tower pushes.

it is better for vayne to start fights and be aggro than try and play the poke game vs. someone like caitlyn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom