• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thatoneguy

Neo Member
Well. Silver 4 guys. Jarvan IV did the job. Im maining Shyvana right now.

Good job. Jarvan is really scary in solo que especially since people in silver tend not to ward and early game Jarvan is pretty strong. I had a run of awesome games with him (but no wins to show for it) and he's a safe pick.

I really like Shyvana for aggressive counter jungling. Her clear times are really fast and she duels pretty well.

RS4-

So I've got maybe 5-10 games in League and I haven't played in over a year.

I tend to play different roles in dota, more often than not, support-semi carry. Any recommended champions that I should look into?

Newt

I tend to play different roles in dota, more often than not, support-semi carry. Any recommended champions that I should look into?
Draaaven. Nami is pretty sweet as well.

Play Karma, unless you want to win.

Boken

Banned

to convert lol speak into chinese doto position speak,

adc - 1
mid - 2
top - 3
jungler - 4
support - 5

i think you might like playing jungler. o but you probably need a few more levels to do that. so i recommend mid (mages and assassins) a ganker/utility/carry type role

Boken

Banned
this is the weapon the new champion uses.

qs97dxv.jpg

another ADC already?

or a ranged bruiser? pls pls pls a grenade shooting short ranged bruiser mage

Ferga

Oh since everyone's wondering about the quinn build. She got fed early on but she did little to no damage until she got an ie (which was right before the last fight).

Triforce is crap on her. Don't do it. It was a pretty big reason on why we were losing the mid game. She had most of the team's gold and couldn't do anything with it.

Boken

Banned
Oh since everyone's wondering about the quinn build. She got fed early on but she did little to no damage until she got an ie (which was right before the last fight).

Triforce is crap on her. Don't do it. It was a pretty big reason on why we were losing the mid game. She had most of the team's gold and couldn't do anything with it.

i am so fucking tired

Flare

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...ationship_between_champ_116_zaun_graves_past/

Graves' back story says that he was being held in a private Zaun prison owned by Dr. Priggs. This is the guy that gave Twisted Fate his supernatural abilities in exchange for Graves. Later on it's said that Graves got his shotgun made by an "eccentric gunsmith" while in Zaun.

I'm thinking that champ 116 was the one who made Graves' shotgun. The designs look similar (See below pic). Not that it's convincing evidence but they're even in the pool party poster together

Going back to Priggs, he seems like a madman, going from Graves' description. Maybe the kind of madman that would make clones of some girl and tattoo numerals on their face to keep track of them? I know this isn't the first time the "Vi is a clone" theory has come up, but I think it augments this theory. As for why priggs would do it, no idea, but I think it's a start.

http://i.imgur.com/qs97dxv.jpg (Credit for screenshot goes to MunchZ)

This is all speculation, nothings confirmed or anything. Thanks for reading!

So, what sucks more than having exams as a student? Not being able to do the exams on schedule and having to do, all of them, the same day, and now instead of being a somewhat-easy exam because they were of multiple-choice, now they're of "short answer" (more like the same exams but without the answers/choices). Well... oral exams sucks more... whatever.

I was supposed to use this single day to study for those exams, but GTA V and LoL were too strong, specially GTA V, damn.(worth it?)

So, I remade my schedule, today to October 15 GTA V. October 15 to the end of S3, ranked only. Hopefully I'll make it to gold before I run out of time.

(Eh, maybe I should rethink my priorities... nah)

Mothman91

Eh, second time going into Gold I. Second time getting demoted back into Gold II. I think I've come into my own elo hell. Can't win shit in Gold I, maybe next season I can hit Plat.

Duo with someone whose MMR is far from you is the key tbqh. Ensures that one of you is first pick and lets you control good bans. Just pick an early/midgame mid and jungle then snowball through coordination.

Been working real well for me so far. We just demolish their mid and jungle to get them to start trashtalking then lose.

Mothman91

Duo with someone whose MMR is far from you is the key tbqh. Ensures that one of you is first pick and lets you control good bans. Just pick an early/midgame mid and jungle then snowball.

Yeah, you might be right. My friend is in Silver 5 so I might just start duoing with him.

Yeah, you might be right. My friend is in Silver 5 so I might just start duoing with him.
Just make sure they're decent enough though. My friend usually jungles and we pick on their midlaner for 1-3 kills. After that I can completely zone their midlaner by myself. We then start coordinating some invasions, counterganks or ganks by controlling the enemy jungle.

On a few occasions we do a Lv2 cheese on the enemy jungler's other buff but it's a way riskier. Communication is super important.

Q8D3vil

I dou 3 times with my silver friend, we entered an alternative dimension Soloq where top mundo is must pick (twice by different players lol) and support volibear with heal is op as hell. Its like we entered a gate to second layer of elo hell.

Who's making the next OT?

Such ridiculous ranked games last night. First one, picked Ashe for the first time in ranked, then got a Blitz support, not bad. The enemy ADC picked Lucian into that...not sure why. His Sona support was annoying and I was a bit shaky early game, but Blitz was a beast with the hooks and knockups. We had to have been three kills up in the first ten minutes (although he kept accidentally stealing them). Then all our other lanes got fed and it didn't even matter. Expected to carry from botlane, ended up getting carried. Missed some arrows, hit some arrows. I'll take it.

Only got 15LP for that game, though. :( As Dobkeratops pointed out, I'm being clamped to Silver V.

The second game started out okay, Ez/Blitz (me) against Corki/Nunu, but quickly went downhill after Talon (most of our kills) DCed for ten minutes. We held on until 55m, getting (I think) three barons on my calls while defending, but just couldn't overcome the advantage Corki, Jarvan and Yorick had got in the meantime. It was really depressing.

And of course I lost 15LP for that. Sigh.

garath

It's poetic justice. I was just going to post yesterday about how we tend to remember the bad games more than the good and there aren't that many afks and in my last X games I haven't had a single afk and nothing more than a couple min disconnect.

It was destined to happen. Close game around the 25 min mark, the top Trynd that I fed early game who was wrecking the singed, pushed down two towers and racked up a couple triple kills, dove into the team 1v4 while I was pinging back, didn't pop his ult and rage quit. He was half the team kills. We had that game in the bag. Much better teamfighting capabilities, I was securing all dragons and Trynd was pretty much an unkillable split pushing machine.

Sigh. Back to 50lp in Gold V. Oh well. The only thing I really care about at this point is keeping my MMR high enough that I get placed right into Gold next season. Getting through Silver I was terrible. Gold has been a cakewalk in comparison.

Edwardo

Such ridiculous ranked games last night. First one, picked Ashe for the first time in ranked, then got a Blitz support, not bad. The enemy ADC picked Lucian into that...not sure why. His Sona support was annoying and I was a bit shaky early game, but Blitz was a beast with the hooks and knockups. We had to have been three kills up in the first ten minutes (although he kept accidentally stealing them). Then all our other lanes got fed and it didn't even matter. Expected to carry from botlane, ended up getting carried. Missed some arrows, hit some arrows. I'll take it.

Only got 15LP for that game, though. :( As Dobkeratops pointed out, I'm being clamped to Silver V.

The second game started out okay, Ez/Blitz (me) against Corki/Nunu, but quickly went downhill after Talon (most of our kills) DCed for ten minutes. We held on until 55m, getting (I think) three barons on my calls while defending, but just couldn't overcome the advantage Corki, Jarvan and Yorick had got in the meantime. It was really depressing.

And of course I lost 15LP for that. Sigh.

Blitz isn't banned in every silver 5 match in euw?

bcl0328

Duo with a good support. Wards and oracles mean everything after the 20minute mark.

It's how I climbed back to plat 1.

it's true. last night i was playing in my placement for silver II and my bot lane was duo soraka/vayne. i have never seen so many wards in my entire life. whole enemy jungle was lit up. i could see where their jungler was the entire time. vayne suggested we invade early and i got a double kill in under 3 mins as fizz. i just snowballed hard and we won so easy.

also, why the hell is fizz's ult so hard to hit? it's just a skill shot basically. but like 6 times out of 10 i will miss it. it's like i know it should be easy but it's not. i watched scarra do the same thing when he played fizz. i am getting better with it but i can't explain why it's hard to land.

I guess being 80cs down in botlane doesn't mean shit if you man up and tower dive everything.

Promo. Woohoo

uh, what series is this? no adc, no support?

gold tier isnt going to get itself you know.

agreed. i'm not playing anything else until i get gold. i need dem skins and border.

Ferga

it's true. last night i was playing in my placement for silver II and my bot lane was duo soraka/vayne. i have never seen so many wards in my entire life. whole enemy jungle was lit up. i could see where their jungler was the entire time. vayne suggested we invade early and i got a double kill in under 3 mins as fizz. i just snowballed hard and we won so easy.

also, why the hell is fizz's ult so hard to hit? it's just a skill shot basically. but like 6 times out of 10 i will miss it. it's like i know it should be easy but it's not. i watched scarra do the same thing when he played fizz. i am getting better with it but i can't explain why it's hard to land.

Animation isn't that great for one. And it's a really skinny skillshot.

Promo for diamond

garath

I see Thresh, Malphite, and Zed bans more.

I still see the Malphite ban every now and again too. I don't understand though. There are so many more annoying champs low elo. I'd rather ban Shen for his global presence.

Blitz and thresh I understand. Hooks can win the game. Vayne and Zed I get (even though most Silver/Gold players don't have the mechanics to make them the truly scary champ they can be). I tend to ban Kassadin a lot myself though. He's a solid silver/gold pub stomper. A great one can completely crush the game but even a mediocre one can R->Q->E and near one shot a carry. Very annoying.

edit:

I guess being 80cs down in botlane doesn't mean shit if you man up and tower dive everything.

Promo. Woohoo

Gratz on the promo!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom