• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

y2dvd

yeah thing is just literally spent like 300 argiebucks on some tasty paella lol

you're tempting me though lol, I gotta get my anivia going again, for some reason I just can't win as anivia or orianna lately. even with lux I'm doing pretty bad...

only syndra is like 80% wins... I dunno why, I cast my E before my Q like five times per match lol...

here's my tips for playing support, as I replied to another dude that asked:

assorted tips:
* ranked is all about how hard you can carry, from any position. be aggressive and just make calls, ping this, ping that and lead. watch some videos or something to get an idea when it's a good moment to do dragon, to push, etc.
* play safe: don't die to get a kill if it doesn't really help the team, don't get harrased for free, buy pots if you know you're gonna be poked a lot, buy resistances if you know someone's fed, etc.
* learn how to farm: practice getting good cs and outfarm people by doing wraiths, golems, etc. never stop farming and don't go to base for nothing, either.
* buy intelligently: coordinate about building aegises, frozen hearts, oracles, etc. check their team, if they have a lot of cc you might want to get merc treads as an adc, even.
* always focus on objectives: baron, dragon, towers, kills come later. if your line got ganked and you killed the enemy laners/drove them away make something happen: take dragon or take down their towers or group up and gank another lane.
* be smart in champ select: don't pick whatever, if they have a katarina, get yourself some good hard cc, etc. make sure there's always good initiation in the team, good wave clear, good cc. try to get a tank in there, they always help.
* know what to do when you're ahead: if you're winning, push for objectives and don't let them breathe. force teamfights by clearing wards in baron or dragon, steal all their jungle, roam as a group and just rain death upon whoever you come across, etc.
* know what to do when you're behind: getting a sneaky dragon can really give your team a boost if you're down a bit, sometimes you gotta cool down the match and let them get a free tower while your carries build some real items. get wards everywhere so you don't get caught, be sure not to get baited, just play twice as smart and cautious as you'd normally do.
* don't throw: don't go for personal glory and don't be dumb. if you don't see anyone in the map and baron's up, it's pretty likely you might be going into a trap. just don't do dumb stuff like fighting 1v3, or getting caught doing wraiths while your mid tower's getting torn apart, etc.
* buy tons of wards: people suck and won't ward for you. ward for them and hopefully they won't feed.
* mute annoying people: self explanatory. some people are scum, just mute them or bait them into throwing racist slurs so you can report them and be happy they got banned.

Following up on a good post again:
  • Usually when someone says "[role] or feed/afk", it's best to give them their position in hopes they don't troll all game.
  • Because you are expecting to give up your role to such players, learn at least 3 characters from each role. I say 3 because 1 may get banned, the other one picked by enemy player, thus leaving you with 1 left to choose from.
  • Don't rage on other players. It doesn't help anyone play better. I usually don't rage unless the game is absolutely about over, then I will say a mouthful lol.
  • Communicate often. Don't complain late into the game that the jungler was of no help when you didn't request for help earlier. Call mia's when possible. Ask to be assisted when warding in a highly contested area or if you think enemy is near by. Work out whether you want to be aggressive or passive.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah. I was laning against AP Yi, and having not played her in a while I was the same, so I'd chunk him a bit but he'd go and heal it up straight away (seriously, fuck AP Yi). So I got pissed off and just dunked him with a full Tibbers combo. Then I was back to my old flash-stun-ult ways.

Poor Sona.
yeah problem with annie is that when flash's down your initiate's pretty weak, since late game getting in range for your w often gives them time to run away or just cower behind enemy lines.

and ap yi is fucking annoying, you can't outfarm him, you can't harass him, if you picked a champion without a stun you basically can't kill him, he just ults away from ganks and he roams like a maniac with his ult and comes back with two kills while you didn't even had time to call mia.

really the basics is wait for him to Q, then just go at him with everything you got (save for your stuns). he can't really do anything to answer your damage and will just go to a side and heal. you just stun him there, and he'll have to wait like 30 seconds to heal up again. if you have even medium burst you might be able to kill him in that 30 seconds window.

later on just buy morello's and ignite him whenever you see him heal up. they always build full damage too, so you land a stun on him and he's cooked.

my problem is usually that he starts with a dorans ring so he's beefier and hits really hard if you get in the way of his Q and he just slowly pushes you away from lane. you end up going back to base pre-6 and you just lost the lane.

yeah problem with annie is that when flash's down your initiate's pretty weak, since late game getting in range for your w often gives them time to run away or just cower behind enemy lines.

and ap yi is fucking annoying, you can't outfarm him, you can't harass him, if you picked a champion without a stun you basically can't kill him, he just ults away from ganks and he roams like a maniac with his ult and comes back with two kills while you didn't even had time to call mia.

really the basics is wait for him to Q, then just go at him with everything you got (save for your stuns). he can't really do anything to answer your damage and will just go to a side and heal. you just stun him there, and he'll have to wait like 30 seconds to heal up again. if you have even medium burst you might be able to kill him in that 30 seconds window.

later on just buy morello's and ignite him whenever you see him heal up. they always build full damage too, so you land a stun on him and he's cooked.

my problem is usually that he starts with a dorans ring so he's beefier and hits really hard if you get in the way of his Q and he just slowly pushes you away from lane. you end up going back to base pre-6 and you just lost the lane.

I played Fizz against him recently, and that was the easiest lane I've ever had. I out damaged him, could counter his Q with playful trickster and had grievous wounds to shit on his healing. I killed him over and over again.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
God damn I forgot how fun Annie is. So good and so fun.

I love Annie so much, but your positioning needs to be great because her range is pretty crap. When I'm doing well with Annie I can single-handedly swing the momentum of team fights with a good Tibbers stun, but when I'm sucking with her I feel less than useless.

zkylon

zkylewd
Following up on a good post again:
  • Usually when someone says "[role] or feed/afk", it's best to give them their position in hopes they don't troll all game.
  • Because you are expecting to give up your role to such players, learn at least 3 characters from each role. I say 3 because 1 may get banned, the other one picked by enemy player, thus leaving you with 1 left to choose from.
  • Don't rage on other players. It doesn't help anyone play better. I usually don't rage unless the game is absolutely about over, then I will say a mouthful lol.
  • Communicate often. Don't complain late into the game that the jungler was of no help when you didn't request for help earlier. Call mia's when possible. Ask to be assisted when warding in a highly contested area or if you think enemy is near by. Work out whether you want to be aggressive or passive.
yeah, if you're playing solo queue, you gotta know that you're at the mercy of your teammates, so you'll have to be fake if you want to win. don't even bother with the chat if it's not gonna have a positive effect for you.

"need help with dragon", "omw top", "can i have blue?", "can you ward dragon?", "mia mid care bot" stuff like that is what you should be saying.

if a guy fed, he's not gonna stop feeding because you called him a retard. if you fucked up, say "sorry", if someone else fucks up, say "np", in ranked you bend over and hope for the best lol

did I mention I hate ranked?

I played Fizz against him recently, and that was the easiest lane I've ever had. I out damaged him, could counter his Q with playful trickster and had grievous wounds to shit on his healing. I killed him over and over again.
yeah fizz's kit naturally counters yi. I only play pretty girls so I can't do nuthin' against no ugly yis.

Edwardo

Annie is one of my favorites to play. Normally I do very well with her, but got outplayed mid by another annie yesterday. Luckily, her skills allow me to still be useful with stuns and aoe.

scy

and the paragraph below explains how to deal him :p

He wasn't saying that you didn't know how to deal with him but that you made it sound like he's hard to deal with :x

On the subject of shitty champions that are annoying to play against, I still remember fondly hating Kat vs Zilean ;__;

He wasn't saying that you didn't know how to deal with him but that you made it sound like he's hard to deal with :x

On the subject of shitty champions that are annoying to play against, I still remember fondly hating Kat vs Zilean ;__;

Again, Zilean is so incredibly annoying. Can't stand him.

IsayFever

Sometimes I forget people are ESL

zkylon

zkylewd
tbh you might get a kill on him later but you're gonna lose out on farm since he'll just push push push and you'll run out of mana trying to keep the minions out of your tower. I mean I watch him alpha strike but that's just an insta push that means I have to either get those cs or attack him, and he'll just heal all my damage anyways so why bother.

really the thing you do against those types of champions is just get one kill on them and take down their tower.

it's just annoying because it's a boring lane, he starts with a lot more ap and hp than you do from that dorans ring and he has infinite sustain, and if you don't know what to do against him (ignite or stun him to mess up healing and just burst him down) he'll just stomp you.

anyone against zilean is ridiculously annoying.

it's like nunu top, you're like "fuck you bro, why are you playing this game anyways?"

lux can be a bit like that, I guess, I'm always on the other side of the luxee, really :p

Sometimes I forget people are ESL
I get the impression that I should feel insulted :p

And useless eventually but fuck. Just speeds up and bombs you and trolls away while you wait 4 seconds for the inevitable embrace of death.

Next game I play will be vs a Zilean mid now because that's how the world works.

If I knew a second language, I'd say something witty in it here.

Zilean is the bane of my life in ARAMs. Walks up, troll bombs, walks away and then when you dive on someone he ults them and makes you feel sad as the rest of the team swarm on you.

:/

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
tbh you might get a kill on him later but you're gonna lose out on farm since he'll just push push push and you'll run out of mana trying to keep the minions out of your tower. I mean I watch him alpha strike but that's just an insta push that means I have to either get those cs or attack him, and he'll just heal all my damage anyways so why bother.

really the thing you do against those types of champions is just get one kill on them and take down their tower.

it's just annoying because it's a boring lane, he starts with a lot more ap and hp than you do from that dorans ring and he has infinite sustain, and if you don't know what to do against him (ignite or stun him to mess up healing and just burst him down) he'll just stomp you.

anyone against zilean is ridiculously annoying.

it's like nunu top, you're like "fuck you bro, why are you playing this game anyways?"

lux can be a bit like that, I guess, I'm always on the other side of the luxee, really :p

I get the impression that I should feel insulted :p

It's okay. We can be ESL nakama.

Moodmon

Neo Member
For some reason I started watching bits of LCS on Twitch (I do love me some eSports). Normally quite happy just watching the stuff (as an example SC2 is much less stressful to watch than play) but for some reason it kept playing on my mind so I had a look at my long since discarded LoL account.

Wooo, level 9, that's at least 8 levels higher than level 1. I must be some kind of badass or something. I bet I can just go into player matches and start being awesome, right? Or do I do the sensible thing and play against bots for a bit so I can actually learn the game? I of course pick the correct answer and am currently about 4-0 against beginner bots. I did say I was a badass or something.

Ignoring the troll paragraph above, for some reason I decided to learn how to jungle, mainly as I'm woeful at last hitting. Surprisingly I seem to be doing okay. Tried a few all AI games first, got killed by the first mobs I tried. Slowly worked out what I'm supposed to be doing, then started helping out the lanes with some terrible attempted ganks. I'm enjoying it, even if I have been using Diana with no real prospect of affording her when she goes off the free rotation.

Luckily in bot games I haven't really seen many examples of the kind of behaviour I've been led to expect from random LoL players. Had a few guys randomly stealing buffs and mobs because of reasons but I'm still having a good time.

In short: Hi guys I'm new here, do you want me to feed top or bot?

Ragnamith

Oh man, look at this gem I found here.
Thought I'd sparkle some variation in the stats screen-posts of this thread.
XgV3jE5.png

zkylon

zkylewd
For some reason I started watching bits of LCS on Twitch (I do love me some eSports). Normally quite happy just watching the stuff (as an example SC2 is much less stressful to watch than play) but for some reason it kept playing on my mind so I had a look at my long since discarded LoL account.

Wooo, level 9, that's at least 8 levels higher than level 1. I must be some kind of badass or something. I bet I can just go into player matches and start being awesome, right? Or do I do the sensible thing and play against bots for a bit so I can actually learn the game? I of course pick the correct answer and am currently about 4-0 against beginner bots. I did say I was a badass or something.

Ignoring the troll paragraph above, for some reason I decided to learn how to jungle, mainly as I'm woeful at last hitting. Surprisingly I seem to be doing okay. Tried a few all AI games first, got killed by the first mobs I tried. Slowly worked out what I'm supposed to be doing, then started helping out the lanes with some terrible attempted ganks. I'm enjoying it, even if I have been using Diana with no real prospect of affording her when she goes off the free rotation.

Luckily in bot games I haven't really seen many examples of the kind of behaviour I've been led to expect from random LoL players. Had a few guys randomly stealing buffs and mobs because of reasons but I'm still having a good time.

In short: Hi guys I'm new here, do you want me to feed top or bot?
at level 9 you should be feeding all lanes, not just one :p

Oh man, look at this gem I found here.
Thought I'd sparkle some variation in the stats screen-posts of this thread.
the game was ridiculously amateurish at beta, like holy shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72XjiRRxx_M

zkylon

zkylewd
The legendary 5x Archangels Karthus build.

That's how I'm going to word it.
revisionism is a strong drug bro

esl nakama bay life ftw

Now look at the timer.
Now look at my farm :(
I used to ignore minions completely back then.
Until I watched dreamhack of season 1, that was the first time I really saw something from the meta.
rofl not as much ignoring as completely denying their existance. how did you even manage not to get like 200 collateral minions lol

Ragnamith

revisionism is a strong drug bro

esl nakama bay life ftw

rofl not as much ignoring as completely denying their existance. how did you even manage not to get like 200 collateral minions lol

hahahaha, yeah I think I was probably just running from lane to lane wherever I spotted an enemy or something, god I dont know.

Did you guys know though, that the music they currently use for the Proving Grounds (ARAM) map is actually the old Summoners rift music?

Nah, it was a stat screen way longer than that. I mean, look at the champions. Lux, Vlad, Ezreal exist. Gunblade exists. That was way past the season 1 start. November/December 2010 or spring 2011.

Yup, I remember when it was around when I started playing the game (Early 2011).

The legendary 5x Archangels Karthus build.

That's how I'm going to word it.

That build is literally exactly how I built Karthus when I played him for the first time. I knew it was stupid but damn it felt good.

Nah, it was a stat screen way longer than that. I mean, look at the champions. Lux, Vlad, Ezreal exist. Gunblade exists. That was way past the season 1 start. November/December 2010 or spring 2011.
Also Lux has Morello's, Hourglass and CD boots, all 2011.

It's not even all that different from the screen we have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom