• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

It's always a nice feeling when you do everything right as a jungler and your team makes the most of it. Control the dragon, control the buffs, gank the lanes, provide pressure. Then when you finish the game, the other team complains that they were winning their lanes and their opponent is trash and the only reason they lost was the superior enemy jungler. Then they go on to complain that their jungler is trash, etc etc. Nice feeling.

Really half the game is your team making the most of the opportunities you give them.

I think I'm going to have to get a skin for Xin. It just feels wrong putting in so many games with him and not having one lol. He's become my fallback guy. That new chinese one is pretty cool. As much as I hate to pay full price, it probably is the best one.

Oh nooo lost to Khazix, felt really awkward to play AP Ashe (the 59 extra dmg on my frost arrow just didn't make it ;_;)

edit: lol only lost 7 points for the game

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
If you lose over 50% of your games, guess what, you're the problem. If you lose under 50% of your games, guess what, you're still the problem.
So what you're trying to say is that I have to win exactly 50% of my games.
Oh nooo lost to Khazix, felt really awkward to play AP Ashe (the 59 extra dmg on my frost arrow just didn't make it ;_;)

edit: lol only lost 7 points for the game
Tell me about your Hawkshot damage.

y2dvd

Hell I'm Plat I and only have about 25 wins above 50%.

I do think elo eventually pans out where you should be. I'll admit that I don't think I'm quite Diamond yet.

EXGN

Has anyone ever tried using Muramana and Iceborn Gauntlets? I often use Dominion to test builds and whatever and I tried this on Udyr last night. I only played a few games, but it seemed pretty stupidly good. I was doing so much mixed physical and magic damage that I was shredding down everyone. I think I went Tear>Kindlegem>IBG>Muramana or Locket (depending if Muramana was fully charged).

I think I ended up with like 180 AD, 200 Armor, 2200 mana and 20 percent CDR and was a team fighting machine. I was thinking that Yorick, Nasus, Poppy and a few other champions could probably do well with a similar build. But then again... Dominion.

methane47

i hate playing support when my lane partner is a complete idiot and/or tool.

You go in you start the match with like 3 wards health bot, aoe heal spell and a summoner heal.... And the idiot still dives champs despite my warnings... Doesn't notice the Ganker waiting in the bush, when i'm blowing up the game with pings....

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You wanna carry as support you gotta start making calls and keeping track of timers (and obviously warding the shit out of those timers.) The number of dragons you can obtain because you told your team that dragon is coming up soon (thus causing them to group towards bot while the other team isn't coordinated) is quite surprising.

garath

You wanna carry as support you gotta start making calls and keeping track of timers (and obviously warding the shit out of those timers.) The number of dragons you can obtain because you told your team that dragon is coming up soon (thus causing them to group towards bot while the other team isn't coordinated) is quite surprising.

Exactly. Even better, keep track of ward timers and know where the enemy has warded and when those wards expire. Then you can direct your jungler down the best ganking path for easy kills.

When I'm jungling it's very frustrating to ask if the bot brushes are warded when I'm coming in for a lane gank, get no response (or a 'dunno') and waste time sitting in a warded brush. Or worse, allow the enemy jungler an easy counter gank.

And those free dragons are great. If the enemy doesn't have timer and you do, pink the dragon about a minute before it comes up and keep control. They'll never know when it's up or not and a lot of times you can get it without the enemy having a clue.

I do loooooooove dat Syndra burst.

vHLjVyf.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
Partial (and even full) premades, for Normal Draft, really fuck with the Avg. MMR function. I've played against Challenger + Bronze. I've had full Diamond games ... and then a Level 15.
this is what I'm getting at.

I cannot comprehend the mental gymnastics necessary to think "One person can't carry an entire team" and then go, "Oh, they had a Gold/Plat/etc. player, gg can't win dis matchmaking."

If you lose over 50% of your games, guess what, you're the problem. If you lose under 50% of your games, guess what, you're still the problem. Don't take outlier cases (e.g., errbody throwing the game!) as the norm. You're involved in every one of your games, try and make sure you're always doing your best. Focus more on yourself* and your own plays instead of everyone else. You can't control them but you sure can control yourself.

This doesn't mean to disregard stupid shit (like 2v5 at Baron or your ADC deciding he can solo the world) but try to still figure out something you could have done better that game: How was your cs? Did you roam enough/control the map? Bad objective calls/not enough objective calls? Did you farm 10 kills in lane and then go "dis top/mid/bot lane"?

Yes, sometimes your best isn't enough but that doesn't mean you shouldn't strive to make a difference every game. Your goal in every game should be to A) Try to play to your best ability and B) Try to improve what your best ability is. Focus more on trying to win rather than the winning itself.
if this is meant for me, it's just what I do so don't worry :p

I just always forget to check how much cs I have at 10/20 mins.

I do loooooooove dat Syndra burst.

vHLjVyf.jpg
we should play together someday bro, we seem to be at similar skill levels.

lol just went down from 92 points to 88 for a loss, the game itself still felt rather bad, I seem to be really bad at winning uphill battles.
Although this is likely the most important skill to lvl up in ranked.

Edit: Is there like a replay option or anything to have a closer look at the entire game?
Edit2: now that I think about it a 4 point loss seems really rather weird

zkylon

zkylewd
I'll need to level up my NA account. I play on EUNE.
ah, shucks. I need to weed out the randoms of my premades :p

:D Cool!

Im currently using her too. I played only a few matches (like five or so) though. Any tips/suggestions?
I've been playing her for about a month and a bit and a few things I've learned:
* use your w to last hit minions that you'd lose with autos
* use your w to make your first q last enough for you to cast a second q and make your burst better
* sometimes it's best to use your ult without stunning your enemy first so you can e all the balls and get more people stunned afterwards
* like with any mage, the longer a teamfight lasts the better, as you can get another spell rotation done. with syndra it's even better since you have a q like every 3 seconds with some cdr. so do your spell rotation, back off, get your cooldowns, cast them again, etc.
* remember all her spells can be cast while moving (which is extremely pleasurable if you ask me) so never stop movin'

that about it

LuuKyK

I've been playing her for about a month and a bit and a few things I've learned:
* use your w to make your first q last enough for you to cast a second q and make your burst better
* sometimes it's best to use your ult without stunning your enemy first so you can e all the balls and get more people stunned afterwards
* like with any mage, the longer a teamfight lasts the better, as you can get another spell rotation done. with syndra it's even better since you have a q like every 3 seconds with some cdr. so do your spell rotation, back off, get your cooldowns, cast them again, etc.
* remember all her spells can be cast while moving (which is extremely pleasurable if you ask me) so never stop movin'

that about it

Thanks for the advice. Will try and use all that in game somehow. :)

that about it

Yeah zkylon pretty much got it all there, but I'd add abuse your range. You've got quite a lot of range so you can use it to zone people hard. Every time they come for a creep, put your Q slightly behind them, since their natural instinct is to walk back. If they come back for another, W the ball to slow them and hit another Q. Rinse and repeat and you'll hit 6 first and just burst the fuck out of them.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah zkylon pretty much got it all there, but I'd add abuse your range. You've got quite a lot of range so you can use it to zone people hard. Every time they come for a creep, put your Q slightly behind them, since their natural instinct is to walk back. If they come back for another, W the ball to slow them and hit another Q. Rinse and repeat and you'll hit 6 first and just burst the fuck out of them.
what do you level after q? w or e?

I usually level what I can use at the time I level up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Harrier sure (though the more frequent part is a straight buff), Vault change is a buff for her engage potential. It ... kind of reinforces her mid lane option more than ADC.

Time to go 9/0/21 with Movement Quints obviously.

You're going for exactly 9 kills, 0 deaths, and 21 assists? Uhh.... lol. Good luck?

Harrier sure (though the more frequent part is a straight buff), Vault change is a buff for her engage potential. It ... kind of reinforces her mid lane option more than ADC.

Yeah it kinda just reinforces what I was saying in that it should be used as an initiation tool rather than a very inconsistent escape tool. I don't think it'll make any massive difference to those who already play her and know how to play her properly, but maybe for those who don't it'll encourage them to use vault as it should be used.

I see so many people thinking of it as an escape only which is totally the wrong thing to rely on it for. It can be used as an extremely situational escape, mainly to put some distance between you and the attacker so you can ult and get away, rather than a hard escape tool. It is a great hard initiate tool though, and I'm surprised people haven't realised that since giving it a Harrier proc basically spells it out for them.

It's only a very slight buff though. Like I said, more of a bug fix.

You're going for exactly 9 kills, 0 deaths, and 21 assists? Uhh.... lol. Good luck?

Whoooosh.

scy

Exactly.

It's only a very slight buff though. Like I said, more of a bug fix.

I wouldn't say it's minor at all. It's one of the biggest changes they could do for it. I think I'd rather the E animation being sped up (so it buffs both uses of it!) but this works fine.

Her E's problem is that everyone can walk out of her auto-attack range (or at least walk to the very edge of it) before the animation finishes. Making her land slightly closer means she can actually pursue with it as she can chase while always in attack range rather than chasing her max range.

I wouldn't say it's minor at all. It's one of the biggest changes they could do for it. I think I'd rather the E animation being sped up (so it buffs both uses of it!) but this works fine.

Her E's problem is that everyone can walk out of her auto-attack range (or at least walk to the very edge of it) before the animation finishes. Making her land slightly closer means she can actually pursue with it as she can chase while always in attack range rather than chasing her max range.

I'm still not convinced. It's something I'll have to pay attention to when I play her.

Two really nice games of Jungleplank tonight. Ahhhhhh. Feels so good. 3/0/7 in the first, getting my Fizz fed early, and 12/10/23 in the second, where teamfights were dominated by their Kassadin.

LuuKyK

Yeah, Im just having problems with her early game really. Im afraid to jump the gun and get killed since her ball/minion placement can get quite tricky specially with her w (the timing + distance is giving me a hard time). Im trying to wait till reaching 6 to go all out specially against the likes of Lux and Kass. Unless I can tell I have a good oportunity to kill someone early obviously.

Edit: Also the angle with the E is annoying sometimes, gotta get used to that too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
-30 armor and health cut on ancient golem fucking sucks
Easier to build. Better build path. CDR > Armor. There was no reason to build the old Ancient Golem. Spend 300 more and get Sunfire. The armor was a nonsensical stat that only even showed up when you had the full item. You could literally buy a cloth armor + new Ancient Golem for the price of the old one and only lose out on 15 armor.

Ferga

Wins over losses don't mean crap to me.

When I was silver 1, I had 20 wins over losses.

Now I'm in gold 3 and only have 10.

LuuKyK

Wtf? Our team just got destroyed by a Veigar that ended the game with 1000+ Ability Power. How is that even possible? He just created that area stun of his and kept getting kills. My team sucked though. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom