• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well since we're sharing, I right hosed myself with my 7 game losing streak on Friday. I had 90lp in silver 1 and was only losing 11 for a loss. After the losing streak I ended at 0 lp. Got a win today and only got 18lp in a long 50 minute game. Guess I ruined my gold chances. Even with a solid 70% win rate it would take me weeks.

Should be fixable with a 7 game winning streak next friday.

y2dvd

How to counter tp 101: Get a pink ward.

Mid Lux was running tp and never got the opportunity to use it bot. Their support Nunu was so desperate to get a ward in bot bush. Pink ward finished it off twice, shutting off any tp bot gank shenanigans.

Common sense right? Except I really don't see this often enough.

zkylon

zkylewd
They are not obnoxious. I just dislike when they can only speak spanish as then I cannot communicate to them.
well in my experience it's even worse if you can understand them.

Well since we're sharing, I right hosed myself with my 7 game losing streak on Friday. I had 90lp in silver 1 and was only losing 11 for a loss. After the losing streak I ended at 0 lp. Got a win today and only got 18lp in a long 50 minute game. Guess I ruined my gold chances. Even with a solid 70% win rate it would take me weeks.
the current leagues system is just boring, climbing takes forever and falling just a shitty streak.

I now feel even more stuck than before.

How to counter tp 101: Get a pink ward.

Mid Lux was running tp and never got the opportunity to use it bot. Their support Nunu was so desperate to get a ward in bot bush. Pink ward finished it off twice, shutting off any tp bot gank shenanigans.

Common sense right? Except I really don't see this often enough.
hah, that's not bad, I'll try it someday

Truth! Now that I'm not playing against gold 2s should be doable right?

Right?...
you know, if you're matched against gold people that means that either you're too good for your tier or that they are too bad for theirs.

in any case you should be matched against people with your same mmr, so maybe they just got a lucky streak and got carried 24/7, but in all reality they're just shit at the game :p

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry
Anyone have tips for laning mid as Diana? She has to get up to melee range to get last hits so it's very easy for her to get harassed. Heimer kept blinding me and tossing turrets, so he basically outfarmed me for the majority of the early game.

That's all Heimer does tho. And pushing the lane like a chump so next time get your jungler to camp mid and stack 20 mejais off him in ten minutes huehue

I love playing mid Diana. If you're up against an extreme range AP like Lux, you sit back and farm with your Q and W. If it's a melee assassin, you put some extra points into W and win every trade when they use the gap closer because dat shield.

Either way, get to level 6 and go buy one or two dolan rings (+ wards, keep mid safe). Now if he's at full life QRW onto the poor sod to remove half his HP and have him waste flash. When he gets close enough again, QRWER+ignite for a kill.

Now walk, nay, strut down bot lane for more kills because the cooldown on your R is ridiculous anyways and will be up by the time you get there. Then buy the expensive pink ward. You know, the one that costs 1600 and makes people disappear from the map.

Diana clears lanes like a boss so you'll catch up in CS soon. Moreso when the other AP mid is too afraid to farm because any time he gets close he eats a QRW combo to the face.

W is as important as Q. I've been dived by their mid+jungler only to get a double kill and walk away thanks to it. Learn to love dat shield.

Also what are people's thoughts on Rylai's for Diana? I was having trouble staying alive in team fights, but once I got Rylai's (combined with Zhonya's) I had a much better presence in team fights since I couldn't get killed off so quickly.

I have a buddy that builds Rylais on her to great success, tho I prefer going RoA because of the catalyst sustain and because I like timing my all-ins with the level up regen effect to come out on top everytime.

Boken

Banned
Anyone else think they need to buff Wit's End a bit? For tops it seems to be a VERY situational item against fed AP or AP enemy laners, and for Jungle it's a bit hard to justify grabbing at all over SV.

Maybe replace the Recurve Bow with 2 ASP daggers to make it easier to build? idk

Maybe a tiny bit. I think it needs slightly more power, either in damage, or defensiveness, depending where Riot wants to take it.

Ashhong

That's all Heimer does tho. And pushing the lane like a chump so next time get your jungler to camp mid and stack 20 mejais off him in ten minutes huehue

I love playing mid Diana. If you're up against an extreme range AP like Lux, you sit back and farm with your Q and W. If it's a melee assassin, you put some extra points into W and win every trade when they use the gap closer because dat shield.

Either way, get to level 6 and go buy one or two dolan rings (+ wards, keep mid safe). Now if he's at full life QRW onto the poor sod to remove half his HP and have him waste flash. When he gets close enough again, QRWER+ignite for a kill.

Now walk, nay, strut down bot lane for more kills because the cooldown on your R is ridiculous anyways and will be up by the time you get there. Then buy the expensive pink ward. You know, the one that costs 1600 and makes people disappear from the map.

Diana clears lanes like a boss so you'll catch up in CS soon. Moreso when the other AP mid is too afraid to farm because any time he gets close he eats a QRW combo to the face.

W is as important as Q. I've been dived by their mid+jungler only to get a double kill and walk away thanks to it. Learn to love dat shield.

I have a buddy that builds Rylais on her to great success, tho I prefer going RoA because of the catalyst sustain and because I like timing my all-ins with the level up regen effect to come out on top everytime.

Good info thanks. Recently been getting into Diana myself.

Blizzard

Banned
the current leagues system is just boring, climbing takes forever and falling just a shitty streak.

I now feel even more stuck than before.

Yep. I believe I posted the math a couple of weeks ago about how long it would take to climb from the silver border to the gold border if you've played enough to fall to the +/- 11 LP range. It takes LONGER now than the previous system, possibly quite a lot longer, if you get to that point.

Heimer's pushing power get nerfed so hard ever since they reworked turrets so that they target pets before minions.

He's pretty much the Yorick of midlane now, except that Yorick has late game relevance if your ADC gets gold.

scy

Yep. I believe I posted the math a couple of weeks ago about how long it would take to climb from the silver border to the gold border if you've played enough to fall to the +/- 11 LP range. It takes LONGER now than the previous system, possibly quite a lot longer, if you get to that point.

That math ignored that going up a division resets your LP gains. The confidence is within a division.

Boken

Banned

uh, i dont remember your post but im pretty sure you assumed you'd stay in the +/- 11 LP range

which means that youre pretty much breaking even, which means youd never get to gold

in reality if youre going to get to gold, your average LP gain will definitely be above 11

That math ignored that going up a division resets your LP gains. The confidence is within a division.
where are you getting that information from

Blizzard

Banned
uh, i dont remember your post but im pretty sure you assumed you'd stay in the +/- 11 LP range

which means that youre pretty much breaking even, which means youd never get to gold

in reality if youre going to get to gold, your average LP gain will definitely be above 11
Problem is, I don't know that it's ever been confirmed that your average LP gain will ever increase. In the past, once your elo changes got down to +/- 11/12 elo, they would never increase again. I went from 700 or 800 elo to 1200-1250, I'm almost sure it never changed with that system. If someone can provide any proof that LP gains will increase back over the minimum (such as by changing leagues) then I'd be happy to hear it. It still doesn't change the fact that if you are at the bottom of a league and you make changes to become a better player, it will take longer to get to the top, and out, of your league than it did with the old system.

You can make the argument that people SHOULDN'T end up at certain elo because they're a better player or something, but people can and do end up at certain low points, and make extended gains back up to other points.

Boken

Banned
Problem is, I don't know that it's ever been confirmed that your average LP gain will ever increase. In the past, once your elo changes got down to +/- 11 elo, they would never increase again. I went from 700 or 800 elo to 1200-1250, I'm almost positive it never changed with that system. If someone can provide any proof that LP gains will increase back over the minimum (such as by changing leagues) then I'd be happy to hear it. It still doesn't change the fact that if you are at the bottom of a league and you make changes to become a better player, it will take longer to get to the top, and out, of your league than it did with the old system.

elo gain was based on confidence - so more games meant more confidence and thus will never change with time (or get smaller)

but LP gain is based on difference between division elo vs mmr elo. So even though your mmr might increase at a constant rate, division changes are slower than that (since there is 100 LP to approx. 80 elo or something) – so your LP gains would increase if your MMR is increasing fast enough. (whereas in the old system you will always always see +11elo. Now, you’ll still be always getting 11elo, but if youre winning often enough, the MMR will eventually outstrip your LP position, therefore giving you more LP)

so yes it will increase.

Blizzard

Banned
elo gain was based on confidence - so more games meant more confidence

but LP gain is based on difference between division elo vs mmr elo

so yes it will increase.
Where are you getting this information? Is it from the summary given by Riot, or has it been numerically confirmed?

Boken

Banned
Where are you getting this information? Is it from the summary given by Riot, or has it been numerically confirmed?

uh thats just how the LP system works :/

If LP gain is MMR vs division elo (the core of the league system, higher difference between MMR and division = more LP gain)

and MMR position increases faster than your division (~50 elo per division but 100LP to move a division)

therefore, at some point LP gain should increase

Boken

Banned
the fact that LP gains are tied to another mechanic simply dampens the system to prevent excessive fluctuations

so that just means you should be less likely to end up in elo hell unless you fuck up, but it also means that you end up in elo hell, itll be hard for you to luck your way out unless you really dont belong there.

i use "elo hell" ironically

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Good info here, thanks. Why do you suggest getting two Doran's Rings at level 6 instead of rushing Abyssal Scepter? Isn't that a better item for Diana? Or is this mainly for level 6 ganking? Also how do you use her E? It doesn't really have much of a range and isn't helpful for escaping, so do you just ignore it?

And yeah I love her burst. In that game I posted Nasus was being chased top by Nocturne and Heimer, and he sees me running up the river from mid to help. He leads them into the river bush, at which point I QRW Heimer and melt him away in seconds. At this point Nasus is down to like 15% health and Nocturne is still at 50% or so. I wait for my Q to come back and then a QRWR was enough to kill off Nocturne before he could finish off Nasus. Fun times.

Boken

Banned
Good info here, thanks. Why do you suggest getting two Doran's Rings at level 6 instead of rushing Abyssal Scepter? Isn't that a better item for Diana? Or is this mainly for level 6 ganking? Also how do you use her E? It doesn't really have much of a range and isn't helpful for escaping, so do you just ignore it?

And yeah I love her burst. In that game I posted Nasus was being chased top by Nocturne and Heimer, and he sees me running up the river from mid to help. He leads them into the river bush, at which point I QRW Heimer and melt him away in seconds. At this point Nasus is down to like 15% health and Nocturne is still at 50% or so. I wait for my Q to come back and then a QRWR was enough to kill off Nocturne before he could finish off Nasus. Fun times.

note: people just opt for 1 dorans ring these days

and its because rushing abyssal either gives you a fair amount of AP but no survivability/mana reg (blasting wand) or a fair amount of defense but no regen/damage (nega cloak)

dorans ring is just so cheap and great for diana, ap hp and mana regen having one is a great way to exert pressure while farming for the abyssal

scy

On the subject of her E, it's to keep people from escaping, not so much for her to escape (though it's doable).

tm24

SNn6rbX.png

I know its only lv14, but I finally figured out this game and I love it. I'm also wondering how should i respond to a teammate accusing me of firing off shots to KS? Im not trying to KS, i just want to make sure things die.

Boken

Banned
Why do you only mention the 11LP point? My friend is currently earning 6 per win lolol

thats a special case though, either near a tier promo or they're really negative in division V of a tier

SNn6rbX.png

I know its only lv14, but I finally figured out this game and I love it. I'm also wondering how should i respond to a teammate accusing me of firing off shots to KS? Im not trying to KS, i just want to make sure things die.

congrats - my advice is to ignore them or just apologise for the greater good. theres never a point in escalating stuff

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Never talk to people who are trying to fight you.

AcridMeat

Banned
GGDojgy.jpg

Look forward to my jungle guide; ganking riven at 90% to level 4. Make sure to use flash so you get stunned under their tower for first blood.

Ferga

VpZ5nqQ.png

Get 3 MS quints. Get Wanderer and Nimble mastery. Play support lux. Rush boots. Roam. Kills and assists everywhere.

Hilarious how I could run from bot lane to top in less than 30s. All chat blows up with "Report taric and draven for not calling mia"

Gold 3 too. Hell yeah.

I'm also wondering how should i respond to a teammate accusing me of firing off shots to KS? Im not trying to KS, i just want to make sure things die.
Just apologise. Pretend to be sorry for the sake of them, and ignore it, because it doesn't matter. People eventually stop talking about kill steals, but at low levels, everyone treats it like free-for-all.

Wow that Ryze looks good.

Dobkeratops

OT Hard Carry

As Boken said, it's a quick and cheap way of getting that extra AP/health that'll put you back on top of your lane. This slight edge is all Diana needs to reliably farm minions and champions enabling the purchase of top tier items.

Scepter is awesome but very expensive and takes a while to build. Get your short term burst in to become a lane/roaming terror and buy your luxury items with the loot (if they haven't surrendered yet).

Another couple tips: the E is a way to ensure they eat the full shield, put one point in at level 3 or 4 then leave it for last. Also useful as an interrupt to channels (!) and to delay someone's escape (ie: when ganking bot so the dumb premade bot you got paired with can catch up).

And aside from keeping river warded, stealthily put down one in the enemy blue bush when nobody can see you for steals. This works for all mids but as Diana you can take the buff and the enemy jungler. Just don't be obvious about it - read: don't go there in a straight line while being seen by the enemy minions/mid.

Tankassadin Y/N

Rift Walk with Randuins, lock enemies with Gauntlet, Passive+W+Wits passive synergy

edit: Someone just pointed out that he won't run out of mana with Muramana because his W gives him 180 mana / hit on champions.

Type2

DzkdZk6.png

WOOOOO finally a win!! God I'm so hungry, I haven't eaten all day lol. We had to deal with a ridiculously fed Nocturne that was wrecking us early-mid game, but towards the late game our team had enough damage to take him down. After he was gone there really wasn't much danger, since I could pretty much delete their Heimer or Ashe solo with a simple combo.

Anyone have tips for laning mid as Diana? She has to get up to melee range to get last hits so it's very easy for her to get harassed. Heimer kept blinding me and tossing turrets, so he basically outfarmed me for the majority of the early game.

Also what are people's thoughts on Rylai's for Diana? I was having trouble staying alive in team fights, but once I got Rylai's (combined with Zhonya's) I had a much better presence in team fights since I couldn't get killed off so quickly.

Another cool trick with her that nobody mentioned yet is you can actually R and E right before you hit to switch directions with your target. It's pretty great for disorienting people or setting up a play for the team.

AcridMeat

Banned
I don't jungle Vi yet (want to learn it at some point) but Zephyr and Merc Treads?
I bought nashor's tooth as my 2nd to last or last item and went ohhhhhh noo what do i do with this oh good there's an ad item it builds into

drink a few beers and you'll understand

i didn't know zephyr even had tenacity

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I bought nashor's tooth as my 2nd to last or last item and went ohhhhhh noo what do i do with this oh good there's an ad item it builds into

drink a few beers and you'll understand
did it work? y/n?
Circle y a few times.

Someone on Reddit said Quinn is an odd ADC and thus people who are used to traditional ADCs will find her weird, but those used to playing champs like Fiora will be more at home with her.

Guess that makes sense for me, and I can definitely see that. I get why she can feel awkward to other people, but I find her super good and fun to play. There's some awkwardness to her kit that needs smoothing out, particularly how dodgy Harrier can be, but I'm waiting patiently for that eureka moment when she clicks with people.

Edit: not that I'm taking what someone says on Reddit as gospel, but the analogy worked for me.

zkylon

zkylewd
Save your RP for the Legendary Anivia skin.

Although Justicar Syndra is great.
nah it goes against my principles to spend 1820rp on a skin.

I think I like black balls better than gold balls, that's my problem with justicar syn. black balls just look so fucking cool when you max your w, all red and pretty.

nah it goes against my principles to spend 1820rp on a skin.

I think I like black balls better than gold balls, that's my problem with justicar syn. black balls just look so fucking cool when you max your w, all red and pretty.

but the gold balls all have awesome effects that get better as you level up.

dunno why you're against legendaries. they're so good. the Anivia one looks great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom