• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new ADC would be terrible for the game right now. Completely unnecessary with the amount of choice already there. Two of the last five champions were already ad carries. Riot has already shown they have no idea how to even design a champion for that role right now.

Do you?

To be fair, Lucian's a perfectly fine ADC. Maybe the set of changes he's about to get will help him a bit too.

And while Quinn may not be entirely suited to the role of bottom lane AD carry, she'snot a bad champion in the slightest.

DeadNames

Banned
Jinx skill set-

Q - a shotgun with about the range of a panth spear. Normal damage. Can be cast again to fire a mini graves ult.

W - a pistol with a longer range. Cast again to have the next auto attack double tap

E - obligatory gap closer

R - jinx readies a rocket launcher and can fire 3 aoe rockets.

Sounds kinda op, but fun as hell

Edit: predictions, uses a stance system kinda like udyr but with some more interesting things.

Still more excited for so shin.

From the League facebook page:

954899_10153325327940556_352741468_n.jpg

jerd

Gotta be an ad caster. I don't see how a ranged bruiser would fit into the game at all considering it seems like it would kind of defeat the purpose of being a bruiser.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Quinn is a poorly designed champion. I don't really think an argument can even be made otherwise. Nothing about her kit fits together. Why does she have circular vision? What kind of champion can get by with an ultimate that is so situational? Her laning phase isn't particularly strong and her transition into mid/late game is even weaker.

Lucian was alright until Riot's hesitation to release him, and then he wound up getting nerfed because of their balance fears post Zac or whatever. He doesn't fit the game right now either though because they overbuffed Trinity Force at the same time and Lucian can't deal with burst. Ultimately though is kit feels pretty wonky too, where you have a mix of generic abilities that feel off just because they were strangely implemented in some bizarre effort to make Lucian feel unique. Really he's not, and there isn't a good comp that he even fits into. There is no reason to pick him.

They both kind of epitomize Riot's design lately where it feels like the visual design comes before the kit, and then stuff kind of gets hastily slapped together for them. I guess that would be my worry for Jinx even, because I'm pretty sure Riot said her visual design came first.

I'd say she'll be on PBE this week, release in a week or two. It's already been a month since Lucian's release.

Also I disagree with almost everything you said, but there's really no point with arguing with you. Your constant negativity is just incredibly tiresome now.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Well she's scrawny, so why would we expect her to be a bruiser anyway?

Singed is skin and bones and still gets tanky as hell. Apprentice doesn't always relate to roles. It's unlikely she's an ADC because Lucian just got released. So the safe bet is to assume she's going to be some sort of caster/bruiser.

scy

Her laning phase isn't particularly strong and her transition into mid/late game is even weaker.

Her solo lane laning phase isn't that bad but it's not good enough to warrant the pick over pretty much any better late game split pusher.

Honestly, I wish they'd just accept she wasn't a good ADC and just made her into an Assassin.

Really he's not, and there isn't a good comp that he even fits into. There is no reason to pick him.

It's just a case of he's got good late game burst damage but his mobility reset is tied to the skill he doesn't want to use in teamfights. Like, he's a more physical damage burst version of Vayne but with a restriction on his play making ability.

I feel that if his E was up more often for fights, he'd be a fairly decent pick at competitive play level.

Edit: Put another way, his QWE + Passive all fit well together. His ult is in the weird spot by giving him a different ideal range and a different play pattern to utilize.

FoxSpirit

i would not attend a pool party with her tbh.
Ziggs looks like someone who wouldn't mind.

Also, Nami is an awesome agressive support, just bubble reliability that is tricky.
At level 10 or so, I soloed the enemy MF :p
Level 5 e between char levels 8-12 is a really heavy damage spike.

And still we only won because enemy Teemo AFK. My MF wasted almost every single flash for 0 gain. And it's free week Zed. He didn't deal much more damage than me. How is that even possible.

Also, support with Athene, Ionion Boots and Ruby Sightstone in SoloQ. Then Locket.
Shurelya is nice but if you team is not following on it or using it to instantly disengage is 100% wasted. Rather Athene. Sure, 400 gold more and no GP/10 but hey, i have Quints and Masteries and I promise that Grail will make my team sing hymns during sieges.

Oh Nami, you such a good fish. Marry Fizz, I wanna see the baby :p

Blizzard

Banned
Vi actually has some of my favorite lines in the game. But maybe I'm just weird.

"Well actually, there's...just the hard way."

"Come on! Resist arrest already!"

"Sometimes you just gotta MAKE a door."

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Jinx skill set-

Q - a shotgun with about the range of a panth spear. Normal damage. Can be cast again to fire a mini graves ult.

W - a pistol with a longer range. Cast again to have the next auto attack double tap

E - obligatory gap closer

R - jinx readies a rocket launcher and can fire 3 aoe rockets.

Sounds kinda op, but fun as hell

Edit: predictions, uses a stance system kinda like udyr but with some more interesting things.

Still more excited for so shin.

This kit sounds boring and dumb as hell.

brian!

i thought the reason ppl were excited for edward was the buddy cop potential

"here, have a hot dog edward, it's what we eat around here"
"but vere is dog?"

Wahey, won a solo with arcade pony. Got carried to a large extent by a Fizz and a not-very-good enemy team. 17LP in Silver V, I'll take it.

Got me off zero...

Incidentally do I max R>Q>E>W or R>Q>W>E or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom