• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
in terms of audio lol is really lacking. the champs have no personality, 3-4 things they say over and over again. they aren't even funny or well written, really bad.

I am definitely not meant for Xerath. :( I cant judge his WE range at all, and usually the target would already be out of range by the time I'm chained.

I went with Sorc, Deathcap, Athene and Zhonya as my core. Rylai helped with kiting but I get the feeling I shouldnt need it. Dunno if Void was worth it and I should have bought Liandry.

I forgot just how satisfying Malph ult can sound.

I am definitely not meant for Xerath. :( I cant judge his WE range at all, and usually the target would already be out of range by the time I'm chained.

I went with Sorc, Deathcap, Athene and Zhonya as my core. Rylai helped with kiting but I get the feeling I shouldnt need it. Dunno if Void was worth it and I should have bought Liandry.
Rylai ain't much for kiting as it for making his combo easier to land.

Xerath is just super awkward and backwards even though balance wise he's OK. He's getting his rework soon anyways.

garath

I love comebacks. Especially when they are due to good play rather than throws.

Gave Elise another shot in the jungle finally. I stopped playing her for awhile because I was having latency issues and just didn't have the precision I needed with her abilities. It's a BIG deal to attempt to R->E or something and have it just plain not fire.

Had a rough early game. Rammus jungle was beating me to the lanes across the board and securing the kill RIGHT before I'd get there. I was successfully predicting where he'd be and who he'd gank but he was just too fast lol. So instead I focused on counter jungling and getting objectives. Even though our team started down 1 to 9 kills, we won some small skirmishes and my counter jungling plus lane farm from all my solo laners deaths was impacting Rammus. I started out scaling him hard. And landing a cocoon while he was in a ball does wonders. In the end we crushed. Rammus closed the deal in the last teamfight by rolling and flash taunt right into our team.... about a mile in front of his team. lol. He was erased and that gave us a free baron and the win.

As much as I love Elise though, I don't know if I can rely on her for my placements S4. The threat of latency is too strong. Better off with the tanky initiators. I really really want to get placed back into Gold. No more Silver I. Please no more Silver I.

Snowman

I don't understand the hate for certain divisions and leagues. I'm in gold 4 right now and I'm pretty sure it's just as bad as it's ever been.

I love comebacks. Especially when they are due to good play rather than throws.

Gave Elise another shot in the jungle finally. I stopped playing her for awhile because I was having latency issues and just didn't have the precision I needed with her abilities. It's a BIG deal to attempt to R->E or something and have it just plain not fire.

Had a rough early game. Rammus jungle was beating me to the lanes across the board and securing the kill RIGHT before I'd get there. I was successfully predicting where he'd be and who he'd gank but he was just too fast lol. So instead I focused on counter jungling and getting objectives. Even though our team started down 1 to 9 kills, we won some small skirmishes and my counter jungling plus lane farm from all my solo laners deaths was impacting Rammus. I started out scaling him hard. And landing a cocoon while he was in a ball does wonders. In the end we crushed. Rammus closed the deal in the last teamfight by rolling and flash taunt right into our team.... about a mile in front of his team. lol. He was erased and that gave us a free baron and the win.

As much as I love Elise though, I don't know if I can rely on her for my placements S4. The threat of latency is too strong. Better off with the tanky initiators. I really really want to get placed back into Gold. No more Silver I. Please no more Silver I.
Not to mention the Rappel nerfs making it a gigantic pain in the ass jumping to targets some times, can't even imagine how bad it would be with lag on top.

garath

I don't understand the hate for certain divisions and leagues. I'm in gold 4 right now and I'm pretty sure it's just as bad as it's ever been.

Having played a decent number of games with Silver and Gold MMR, I can say honestly that Gold players are better. Better players make me better and honestly they are a little more predictable because they'll look to make the smarter plays.

That and division I is just crap. If you're stuck there too long your MMR settles and you get hit with clamping and you will run into quite a few division V people that simply don't give a shit. That does not make for fun games.

All that said, I would greatly prefer if my start of Season 4 wasn't in a division I. I'd like to be able to climb without the stress of clamping and tier placements. Sometimes I guess you get lucky and are able to fly through division I, I almost did the first time but if you're there for awhile it's not a fun experience.

Not to mention the Rappel nerfs making it a gigantic pain in the ass jumping to targets some times, can't even imagine how bad it would be with lag on top.

Tell me about it. I had to give her up for awhile. I don't know if it was my internet or my routing to Riot's servers or what but it was almost unplayable. I felt bad for my team (and me). It's better now but man I still hate those rappel nerfs. I would have been much happier if they just reduced the engage range the way they did but let you stick to the target even if they moved out of the circle. As it is, it's a very slow gap closer. The animation is WAY too long. Still usable but only if you have your Q up to get that extra little gap close on top of it. It was definitely a nerf. Probably deserved but oh well.

It was deserved yes, but all it did was make her clunkier to use. Her power level went nowhere and she's still a top tier pick, but now she's less fun and more annoying to play.

If she gets nerfed again they'd better go back on that nerf because it was basically an anti-QoL change.

Snowman

Having played a decent number of games with Silver and Gold MMR, I can say honestly that Gold players are better. Better players make me better and honestly they are a little more predictable because they'll look to make the smarter plays.

That and division I is just crap. If you're stuck there too long your MMR settles and you get hit with clamping and you will run into quite a few division V people that simply don't give a shit. That does not make for fun games.

All that said, I would greatly prefer if my start of Season 4 wasn't in a division I. I'd like to be able to climb without the stress of clamping and tier placements. Sometimes I guess you get lucky and are able to fly through division I, I almost did the first time but if you're there for awhile it's not a fun experience.

Oh you're talking about actual player skill, fair enough, I meant from an attitude perspective more than anything. The thing is people in gold still make tons of mistakes, I don't really think it's that much better in terms of your own experience really, but maybe that's just me. I was in silver 1 for ages and I don't think it's as bad as people make it out to be, I just think that they want to be in gold so bad they focus way too much on each individual game and LP gains and losses instead of just improving as a player.

bcl0328

This is a stupid question, but do you guys have a favorite ult animation/sound?

I was just thinking about how much I love the Miss Fortune ult with the maniacal laughter.

i think darius or garen. they both have these cool chunk-your-hp-ult that has the best sounds like RAAHHH and you're dead.

Edwardo

Champion and skin sale: 9.27 - 9.30

2013.09.27.articlebanner.champskinsaleldsjaw53.jpg

Sejuani 487 RP
Miss Fortune 440 RP
Dr. Mundo 292 RP

Dreadknight Garen 487 RP
Explorer Ezreal 375 RP
Djinn Malzahar 260 RP

scy

Then the adc is dumb. Vi's stuff can be canceled out of in two fashions, she comes in let em off and own her. Done it quite a few times in my recent 3v3 adventures. Darius and zed are far more threatening.

Almost everything in this post is wrong :/

Ah yes, nothing like minimizing other people's small successes. Well done.

In that case, let me say more! ADCs on the map are generally not that strong unless they offer a lot of mobility on their own (e.g., Ezreal, Vayne). Even then, they're not plug-and-chug things and still need a comp to utilize them. Both comps are rather awkward for ADCs and they have a highly immobile one vs Vi, Trynd (also, you have a Trynd which can probably 1v3 the map at a certain point). But, hey, blind pick 3s. Shit happens.

If you were going to Jungle, you should have taken Smite. Wraiths -> Smite Big Wolf gets you to Level 2 before the lanes so you can immediately rush to the relic and gank bot lane or invade (or I guess top lane, it's just generally harder to gank). Of course, I assume they didn't have a Jungler at all so leaving someone to 1v2 there isn't the most hopeful of scenarios. Especially considering Vi's kind of inability to give a lot of presence in those lanes compared to, say, Elise, Jarvan, etc.

End of the day, I think Tryndamere would've gotten big enough to win the game anyway :x

I'm glad it got pushed back, now I can actually play through the weekend instead of avoiding ranked like a plague due to the influx of shitty Olaf and Garen players.

We had an enemy Zed who went BT BT LW. Our Vayne went poof that one time Zed got her cleanly. :( Never been more glad to have picked Lulu Alistar might've worked better though.

Riot pls why are you making this difficult for us? I'm still S2 working to gold. Played with a regular duo friend who is only S1. Why is everyone else G1-3 plus a Plat 5? The golds were on their promos so it wasn't their MMR being too low. My tier promotion better put me straight to Gold 4 for this. :mad:

Cant you take advantage of the fact that they'd most likely be on the enemy team

You know that (in the minds of people) ranked doesn't work that way. You can only ever lose ranked games due to a disconnect/AFKer, you can never win them because of it, and certainly not at a high enough rate for them to balance out. (Nevermind that if you, yourself, are a player who never rages, disconnects, or AFKs, there's only four players on your team who could potentially be a "problem player" vs. five on the other team.)

I wish I could say I wasn't guilty of the same thinking, sometimes. Every time I end up staring at the death screen after a botched team fight I feel like we should have won, I have to remind myself that even though what I think my teammates needed to do to win the fight was "obvious" or "simple", there are probably things they thought I should have been doing that were obvious or simple to them, too.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
i can't even count the number of games i get trolled in now. rumble "support" with ignite barrier instead of jungle. malphite support who rushes liandry's. people who start to just whine in all chat and begin feeding.

Newt

i can't even count the number of games i get trolled in now. rumble "support" with ignite barrier instead of jungle. malphite support who rushes liandry's. people who start to just whine in all chat and begin feeding.
#yolo queue

Though, in all honesty I haven't been trolled in ranked from a long time. I probably just "Jinxed" that though.

I hate this game.

Get super fed on Twitch, doesn't matter because our kat and Zac just feed their Draven and rest of the team, we lose.

Get super fed on Eve, doesn't matter cos our Kennen AFKs at 40 minutes and we lose.

GG.

Newt

I hate this game.

Get super fed on Twitch, doesn't matter because our kat and Zac just feed their Draven and rest of the team, we lose.

Get super fed on Eve, doesn't matter cos our Kennen AFKs at 40 minutes and we lose.

GG.
Should have gone Fiora.

Edit: I'm also not sure about that Twitch build. It seems like going BoTRK and PD first would yield low damage.

I just had a bad game too. First one in around 2 weeks. Fizz locks, but after a while someone locks Viktor and calls mid. They argued. Game starts and Viktor decides to go bot with me (Vayne) while trashtalking Fizz. I kept telling Viktor to stop shoving the lane but he won't listen. This resulted in us not being able to farm at all. I bought some wards and he never bought a single one. It's just terrible having no gold and both of us being behind Lv8 while everyone else was Lv11-12. I was going 0/4 with no dragon and low CS.

Turning point comes when they start sieging mid. They mostly ignored the Vayne who only had T1 Boots, a Scimitar and a Dagger (Ez had TF by this point). I managed grabbed most of the kills and even outdueled Ez for the 500G shutdown. Bought BoRK and Greaves and was now back in the game.

rumours are 3.12 had the garen update

: (

Are they still pushing through with gutting E just for the free crits?

Should have gone Fiora.

Edit: I'm also not sure about that Twitch build. It seems like going BoTRK and PD first would yield low damage.

I saw Pray doing it on Sword and it seemed pretty cool.

His ult damage fall off doesn't effect crits and BotRk damage as far as I know.

I was doing a tonne of damage. Was also super easy to kite.

I don't get that though...where is the damage coming from? Nvm, ult damage, forgot.

True damage on passive, detonation of stacks on Expunge, plus the Blade of the Ruin King's own passive. Twitch has much higher than normal on-hit damage because of his passive and the way it interacts with Expunge. Perhaps not as much as Vayne, but he still scales very well off attack speed compared to a true "caster carry" like Graves or "Legolas" Varus.

The BotRK is also pretty vital for him in kiting, due to his natural escape (Ambush) being less-than-ideal if you can't pair it with good move speed to kite off their divers.

drawkcaB

I don't get that though...where is the damage coming from? Nvm, ult damage, forgot.

My educated guess is that in combination with Twitch's ult 1.) BotRK+PD allows for faster application of the true damage passive stacks than IE/BT+PD and makes it easier to maximize expunge damage in teamfights and 2.) whereas the direct AA damage is reduced by up to 40% depending on the amount of target's pierced by auto-attacks during his ult, the %current health damage from BotRK is the same to all targets hit.

drawkcaB

Nope, but Riot almost always does PR in the afternoon pacific time, and sometimes even later than that. And that's if we see anything this week. Seeing as how lots of people have been pulled off their current projects (e.g. Rengar and Skarner remakes) and shifted onto S4 testing, the time lapse between initial champ PR -> live release might be longer than usual. Hell, it was long enough for Lucian without all this extra work going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom