• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/EdwardCarryLoL/status/382891680958926848

wtzgU.gif
That will get 10k easily lol.

Smells like he's already leaving Curse and Voidle is getting benched.

Also, how about if you're jungling a champ with uninspiring mobility before 6 like a Diana? Or is the right answer to simply not jungle Diana in a match you'd actually like to win? I know most of the popular junglers have legit gap-closing abilities pre-6 (J4, Zac, Sej, Lee, Vi, Udyr, etc.)...but for those that don't....what do?
I've jungled with Diana several times before. Unless the enemy is very overextended, you have to rely on counterganks or lane ganks (laner pushes lane, you walk through side bush). Her lane gank is solid enough because of her pull along with the red buff you'd have. Once you get to 6 your ganks become lethal with red buff.

But if the opportunity doesn't really present itself just focus on getting to 6. Diana has pretty amazing jungle sustain + clear with just Spirit Stone. You can build her as a usual Diana, or more of a tanky initiator. I've done well with both build paths. If you're going with the usual Diana build you can leave Spirit Stone as is. It can be upgraded to Golem. Wraith is... eh. She has great sustain with her shield alone.

Is this for real? lmao

drawkcaB

*takes notes*

Oh snap, I didn't know this. Thanks, guys. How do you guys handle situations where both lanes are pushed to the enemy towers and mid has some highly mobile champ there (say, a Fizz)? Sometimes I've found myself waiting in bushes expecting lanes to push back but feel like time would have been better spent farming the junk camps in the jungle.

Depends on the jungler you're playing and your own mid, lots of possibilities. The important thing is to be decisive and stick to what you decided to do. A jungler's commodity is time, you only have a finite amount to influence the match.

Also, how about if you're jungling a champ with uninspiring mobility before 6 like a Diana? Or is the right answer to simply not jungle Diana in a match you'd actually like to win? I know most of the popular junglers have legit gap-closing abilities pre-6 (J4, Zac, Sej, Lee, Vi, Udyr, etc.)...but for those that don't....what do?

Selecting a non-gap closing champion is rough because you're loading the CC and mobility requirement of ganking onto your laner. You can jungle Diana, but you need to be aware of your team's composition. For instance, running Diana jungle with Kat mid or Nid top is a really bad idea. The bigger issue with jungle Diana (I suspect, never actually tried it) is that her jungle itemization doesn't seem that great.

drawkcaB

I want to play Diana because she's technical like Lee Sin with the multiple dashes. But, I have no idea what I should do.

Mid Diana I assume? Check out the Scarra videos of him playing her. Go to youtube and search "Fiss Mortune Scarra Diana" and tons will pop up. I learned tons watching those videos.

I've jungled with Diana several times before. Unless the enemy is very overextended, you have to rely on counterganks or lane ganks (laner pushes lane, you walk through side bush). Her lane gank is solid enough because of her pull along with the red buff you'd have. Once you get to 6 your ganks become lethal with red buff.

But if the opportunity doesn't really present itself just focus on getting to 6. Diana has pretty amazing jungle sustain + clear with just Spirit Stone. You can build her as a usual Diana, or more of a tanky initiator. I've done well with both build paths. If you're going with the usual Diana build you can leave Spirit Stone as is. It can be upgraded to Golem. Wraith is... eh. She has great sustain with her shield alone.

Depends on the jungler you're playing and your own mid, lots of possibilities. The important thing is to be decisive and stick to what you decided to do. A jungler's commodity is time, you only have a finite amount to influence the match.

Selecting a non-gap closing champion is rough because you're loading the CC and mobility requirement of ganking onto your laner. You can jungle Diana, but you need to be aware of your team's composition. For instance, running Diana jungle with Kat mid or Nid top is a really bad idea. The bigger issue with jungle Diana (I suspect, never actually tried it) is that her jungle itemization doesn't seem that great.
Makes sense.
*takes notes*

All makes good sense, gentlemen. Especially the point about considering how much CC the team needs.

scy

I was mentioning it earlier in Mumble but Edward didn't really seem like he made a huge impact here in NA during the split. Some plays were made, sure, but nothing over the top compared to some other support players. Just he got a lot more attention for them because it's Edward.

also, yordles pls

Leezard

there are actually a fair number of teams with better support players in na even.

unrelated:
http://i.imgur.com/GaVV1ti.png[MG][/QUOTE]
I see, which ones?
I don't want to imply that Edward is a super player, but rather that he is good even by NAs standards.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was mentioning it earlier in Mumble but Edward didn't really seem like he made a huge impact here in NA during the split. Some plays were made, sure, but nothing over the top compared to some other support players. Just he got a lot more attention for them because it's Edward.

also, yordles pls

I fucking hate yordles.

Newt

Nothing more satisfying than knocking a Trist out of the air with stand-aside while she's trying to rocket jump ;p. Filthy yordles.

Newt

storyexperience-articlebanner.jpg

The name’s Vi. I’m an enforcer. And this is my town - Piltover. They call this place the City of Progress - or they did until she showed up.

Her name is Jinx. That’s what they call her, anyway. No one knows who she is, or where she came from. This scrawny pain in the neck shows up one day, firing heavy guns in the air. And laughing – always with the laugh. I can’t stand her.

Everything changed the day she arrived in town. They might as well call it the City of Crime. Panic among the people. Chaos in the streets. Mayhem everywhere you look.

The worst part is: none of it makes any sense. Ask her why she’s doing it, and she’ll give you a million different reasons. But the only one that matters is:

She’s having fun.

Piltover is just a plaything to her. She’s enjoying the time of her life, and she doesn’t care who gets hurt.

Well, I’m here to shut down the party.

It doesn’t matter what she wants. I don’t care what her sob story is. I’m gonna put her away for a long, long time. And right before I do, I promise you: I’m gonna wipe that stupid grin off her face.

BulletinBoard_thumb.jpg

Very interesting. I wonder what kinda champ she is, hoping she's an ADC because of how lackluster Quinn and Lucian are to me.

Leezard

Lemonnation, Patoy, Xpecial, Bloodwater...I wouldn't say Edward is better than any of these players. His impact in games is low and he doesn't seem to gel well with teams.
Not gelling well with the team isn't necessarily an indication of skill, though it definitely has an impact on performance. Otherwise I can't really agree with lemonnation as he was really underwhelming, especially with his choice of items in the games against fnatic. I haven't seen enough of the others to say whether they are clearly better or clearly worse, so it's certainly possible.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
So she's a Harley/Joker hybrid? Interesting...

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Everything about Jinx looks terrible.
Not gelling well with the team isn't necessarily an indication of skill, though it definitely has an impact on performance. Otherwise I can't really agree with lemonnation as he was really underwhelming, especially with his choice of items in the games against fnatic. I haven't seen enough of the others to say whether they are clearly better or clearly worse, so it's certainly possible.
Lemonnation had bad games at worlds, along with the rest of C9. Doesn't make him a bad support compared to the rest of NA. His KDA is still crazy. Being able to work well with a team is part of being skilled at League.

DeadNames

Banned
But gosh darn if that picture next to the shark gun doesn't make her look like a qt3.14

Please be a short range burst mage with multiple stances depending on which gun she uses.

Einbroch

Banned
Jinx looks fucking awful, but I really like the idea of a really short range ADC/bruiser hybrid.

Have a feeling she's gonna be a Jayce/Elise, though.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Lemonnation, Patoy, Xpecial, Bloodwater...I wouldn't say Edward is better than any of these players. His impact in games is low and he doesn't seem to gel well with teams.

how can you hate yordles when you love lolis?

I never said I love lolis. I hate lolis too.

bjaelke

But gosh darn if that picture next to the shark gun doesn't make her look like a qt3.14

Please be a short range burst mage with multiple stances depending on which gun she uses.

That's what I'm thinking. The three guns are her QWE and the rocket(?) on her back is the ultimate.

Einbroch

Banned
Nevermind, I'm changing my prediciton to someone who has three abilities that change the way she plays after activated.

Q is a lined skill shot that after activating she uses her long range gun, dealing less damage but is now ranged.

And so on. Would be cool, but maybe a little tricky to balance. That's what this extended time between champions is for though, right?

Newt

Seems strange if it would be another ADC. Just had one with Lucian. Probably a gun toting bruiser?
I wouldn't really consider it strange to be honest. They said they were working on Lucian longer than most other champions, so Jinx might have been planned before they knew if they were going to even release Lucian. Then again, it might just be my bias for wanting an ADC that has impact.

Leezard

Everything about Jinx looks terrible.

Lemonnation had bad games at worlds, along with the rest of C9. Doesn't make him a bad support compared to the rest of NA. His KDA is still crazy. Being able to work well with a team is part of being skilled at League.
Even if he had a couple of bad games, his choice of item build only worsened the situation. I can't really see a bad game as an excuse for building like that.

Work well with a team, yes, but not necessarily with all teams. Let's say one support works great with team A but just works ok with team B, that doesn't mean that the support has to be just ok or has to be great.

dimb

Work well with a team, yes, but not necessarily with all teams. Let's say one support works great with team A but just works ok with team B, that doesn't mean that the support has to be just ok or has to be great.
Edward doesn't work great with any team though...

scy

Even if he had a couple of bad games, his choice of item build only worsened the situation. I can't really see a bad game as an excuse for building like that.

I think, end of the day, the point is that Edward isn't this "godtier above all of NA" that people were making it out to be when he came over. Like, he's pretty much about as good, arguably a little worse, than some of the supports over here anyway.

dimb

I wouldn't really consider it strange to be honest. They said they were working on Lucian longer than most other champions, so Jinx might have been planned before they knew if they were going to even release Lucian. Then again, it might just be my bias for wanting an ADC that has impact.
A new ADC would be terrible for the game right now. Completely unnecessary with the amount of choice already there. Two of the last five champions were already ad carries. Riot has already shown they have no idea how to even design a champion for that role right now.

Leezard

Edward doesn't work great with any team though...
He certainly worked way worse in NA at least.
I think, end of the day, the point is that Edward isn't this "godtier above all of NA" that people were making it out to be when he came over. Like, he's pretty much about as good, arguably a little worse, than some of the supports over here anyway.
Definitely, I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom