• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

won 4 out of 5 games in TT and ended up in S1. Probably easier to grind to gold than win 5 games in a row right?
One does not simply base race against a Diana with a retarded build.

aQNUYm7.png

:p

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
The concept art is great, but the model... the model -.- it took 6 months+ to create a champion, and this is the thing they came up with?

The concept art is great, but the model... the model -.- it took 6 months+ to create a champion, and this is the thing they came up with?

I think everything but her face is awesome. Her face just looks dated and not very well designed. Other than that she sounds awesome. More ADC's, sweet.

jerd

That doesn't look anything like an adc kit imo. Which I'm very happy about. I'll probably get her to try in solo lanes.

I think everything but her face is awesome. Her face just looks dated and not very well designed. Other than that she sounds awesome. More ADC's, sweet.

To be fair, the faces of models aren't particularly important since they have extremely limited visibility in-game due to the fixed viewing angle and level of zoom. This may be a case of them simply wanting her big dumb grin to 'read' properly in-game despite how little of her face will normally be seen.

Acerac

Banned
horrible garbage model. like, unbelievably bad. "how can riot okay this for the game" bad. complete lack of color coordination and stylistically derivative.

then you probably already like the four other champions they re-purposed abilities from.

i don't understand why this champion exists.

Aren't you glad they drastically cut down the amount of champs they released so that all the new ones this year could be so very disappointing?

Why is her model so bad? :(

Boken

Banned
Aren't you glad they drastically cut down the amount of champs they released so that all the new ones this year could be so very disappointing?

Why is her model so bad? :(
uh
hes parodying something its not real

and i still dont get it whats so bad about the model, yes face is limited visibility and all that hair look at it
o ya i remember hearing they only get a limitd amount of pologyons
im not a graphic person but i think hair takes lots of polys rite
Splash art:

jinx_splash_10.jpg
uh thats kinda scary
: (

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
uh
hes parodying something its not real
it's not parody. i genuinely think riot did a terrible job.
somebody complained that there are only 15 marksmen

i think it was kayos or dimb
please. i would never complain about this. ad carry is the most interchangable role and doesn't require as big of a pool. also most of the choice are viable, unlike other roles.

what i don't understand about jinx is how she fulfills a different role than someone like caitlyn. zone control. long range poke. very long range finisher.

there is still important information missing, but what is supposed to be the hook to jinx's kit? the movespeed off enemy/tower deaths seems too plain and similar to varus. her slow is another completely plain ability on the surface. same with her ultimate just...what is supposed to be unique about it? it is regressive from even stuff like draven ult where you are trying to land it going on the way and back. the idea of switching between types of attacks is fine, but it feels like they only got that far and padded her out with spells they think suit the ad carry role by liberally borrowing from similar champions.

the splash art and in game model do not even look remotely similar.

how does it not look similar? Theirs less focus on the face because in game you rarely see it. She still has the same clothes, build, hair, weapons, colours etc. The face is the only difference I can see.

Global AoE execute that gains damage and speed as it moves is pretty unique.

Switching weapons on her Q looks cool.

Like not every ability on every kit is going to be completely unique. We're 116 champions in now.

Boken

Banned
there is still important information missing, but what is supposed to be the hook to jinx's kit?
how can you say it is not parody when you say something like this
complete lack of color coordination and stylistically derivative.
do you even colour wheel?
its light blue - purple - pink
there is still important information missing, but what is supposed to be the hook to jinx's kit?
i think the hook is managing her Q.

on second blush, i agree that her face is pretty different to her concept art. its sad but not a huge deal since you usually dont see it

------------------------------------------
but srsly guys, that splash art is kinda scary :'(
it needs more colour

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
how can you say it is not parody when you say something like this

do you even colour wheel?
its light blue - purple - pink
There are like four different shades of pink/purple on the model. There are also multiple shades of blue. Many of them clash. If you look at the concept art you can see how poor the color translation is regarding skin tone, colors, fabric patterns, etc. The color is a disaster.
i think the hook is managing her Q
Then they should build a whole kit around it.

Would you rather I posted about how insulting it is for Riot to be releasing new ADCs while they sit on two recently released ones that are busted?

Newt

There are like four different shades of pink/purple on the model. There are also multiple shades of blue. Many of them clash. If you look at the concept art you can see how poor the color translation is regarding skin tone, colors, fabric patterns, etc. The color is a disaster.

Then they should build a whole kit around it.

Would you rather I posted about how insulting it is for Riot to be releasing new ADCs while they sit on two recently released ones that are busted?
Meh, Quinn is kinda cool, she does feel really unique.

Lucian is complete garbage. He's generic, weak, and useless.

Boken

Banned
low standards yo
youve never used a paper bag?
"There are also multiple shades of blue. Many of them clash."
different shades of a colour dont clash
you dont colour wheel

you can continue complaining about adcs but you just dont colour wheel

Live design =/= champion design team.

Lucian's having work done next patch, already confirmed.

Quinn's had a tonne of work since she came out.

The model and the concept art look completely different.

I would understand if the model was old and they just used chinese art like with some of the other champions. But don't they usually spend months on one champion? Not sure how this passes for final.

Acerac

Banned
The model and the concept art look completely different.

I would understand if the model was old and they just used chinese art like with some of the other champions. But don't they usually spend months on one champion? Not sure how this passes for final.
Honestly if they just fixed how she looks I wouldn't be so let down.

Her artwork just looks so much better than her in game model is all...

I'm confusing her model a bit too easily with Arcade Sona.

Am I the only one who gets irritated at how Riot STILL cements meta on champs? They say "oh no we don't want to enforce the meta" but look at her preview: BOT LANE

I'm a bit glad we're getting a fun-themed champ though.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Just because she isn't stupid "waifu" material doesn't mean her design is bad.

Just because a chair isn't a "stupid "waifu" material" doesn't mean I can't tell when a chair is badly designed. This character model belong to runescape. They didn't even bother to put a bit more effort to match the color in the concept art. It is like they designed it this way just so they can remake it in a year and call it a new feature.

drawkcaB

Outside of Jink's face I don't have a problem with the model. The kit looks solid. My interest in her depends on whether or not she fills something I currently need in my ADC pool.

Boken

Banned
Just because a chair isn't a "stupid "waifu" material" doesn't mean I can't tell when a chair is badly designed. This character model belong to runescape. They didn't even bother to put a bit more effort to match the color in the concept art. It is like they designed it this way just so they can remake it in a year and call it a new feature.

what concept art are you talking about

the one we got yesterday was sepia toned

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm going to play. I'm coming from 2 months of DOTA.
I want to wreck face and not rely on my team. Who do I play (That's free). Also when someone calls mid / jungle and I don't care and will take that spot anyway how do I make that work.

I want to wreck face and not rely on my team. Who do I play (That's free).

Pantheon's free right now. But, you know, teamwork OP and all that.

Also when someone calls mid / jungle and I don't care and will take that spot anyway how do I make that work.

You ask politely, and if they say no suck it up and play support if you have to because everyone hates that guy.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Zed. esp if you have low ping.

like that will work

just try to do it first
I'm not installing onto my SSD so it's a crap shoot I guess.

Also the things I learned are:

infinite wards
buff to scout wards
spam your shit because everyone has infinite mana

what else

skillshots.

energy.

other resources like heat, ferocity etc.

AD, AP, Armour and MR. Not Strength, Int and Agility.

Your abilities scale off item stats.

Less actives I guess.

Skillshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom