• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
I'm not installing onto my SSD so it's a crap shoot I guess.

Also the things I learned are:

infinite wards
buff to scout wards
spam your shit because everyone has infinite mana

what else

SSD has nothing to do with yur ping

zed actually is mana constrained in short bursts

but srsly play zed
so much outplay potential

This is the worst nightmare I have ever encountered in my life, for LoL is my favorite game and it is to be infested with what appears to be a splitting image of my ex-wife.

This... this is bad.

tumblr_mtqy9tid8a1qh5qk2o1_400.gif

No!

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

(I'm not saying that girl is my ex-wife, just that she looks very much like her)

There are like four different shades of pink/purple on the model. There are also multiple shades of blue. Many of them clash. If you look at the concept art you can see how poor the color translation is regarding skin tone, colors, fabric patterns, etc. The color is a disaster.

Then they should build a whole kit around it.

Would you rather I posted about how insulting it is for Riot to be releasing new ADCs while they sit on two recently released ones that are busted?

The problem is that it's really hard to tell if a new ADC is actually bad or not because professional level ADC players are by far the most conservative and slowest on the uptake when it comes to adopting new champions. Varus and Draven took literally months for anyone to catch onto, and even once half the world was playing them you still had some of the best ADC players in the world insisting they were "garbage" because they didn't fit their older, more conservative play style.

I do feel like Quinn just doesn't work as a classic ADC and should maybe even be looked at for moving to top/mid via re-balancing her kit, but I'm honestly not convinced Lucian is anywhere near as bad as people think. I have a bad feeling he's going to get buffed, people are going to realize there wasn't actually much wrong with him to begin with, and he's going to run absolutely rampant before getting nerfed into oblivion. (Why hallo thar Rengar.)

As far as Jinx goes: her Q seems pretty interesting and original. I do agree that her ultimate is pretty disappointing, but I think it's acceptable to have two "generic" skills on a kit, especially for an ADC. They aren't even that generic in terms of other ADCs; if you want overused ADC abilities, you're looking at short-range dashes (Vayne, Graves, Lucian, etc.), linear damage-only skillshots (Caitlyn, Sivir, Varus, etc.), conal AoEs (Graves, Ashe, Corki), and single-target on-hit skillshots (Ezreal, Corki, Quinn, etc.).

I feel like if they just gave her an interesting and original Ultimate, she'd be in a good place, design-wise.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
#1 Garen NA
Add me
  • Minions are tiny what the fuck they are so hard to click on and bots keep attacking my shit, get out of my farm.
  • My cursor feels wrong.
  • Stuns and silences are like 1 second why does anyone take cleanse or make mercury treads
  • I dont have flash or ignite this is bullshit

RjEebF5.png

OKAY, THE ADVENTURE BEGINS
x5prmNm.jpg

WHERE DO I LANE, HELP QUICKLY. IS THERE A GAF CHAT CHANNEL

Boken

Banned
#1 Garen NA
Add me
  • Minions are tiny what the fuck they are so hard to click on and bots keep attacking my shit, get out of my farm.
  • My cursor feels wrong.
  • Stuns and silences are like 1 second why does anyone take cleanse or make mercury treads
  • I dont have flash or ignite this is bullshit

RjEebF5.png

#path to worlds

yea cc lasts half the length of doto

but every dealer is squishy as fuck. its like everybody is sniper. and then they forgot to skill his range upgrade skill and all you bought were claymores. you can die in a 1.5s stun

Einbroch

Banned
I hate Worlds.

Don't see Fizz or Vi for months. Fizz and Vi in every game. Terrible if they're on my team, amazing if on the other.

Blizzard

Banned
Incidentally this is why bot games can be lost, since every once in a while people will try an intermediate bot game and play a random champion for practice, only to realize too late there's no ADC. As long as there's at least one competent ADC they should be able to help the team push to win. If I recall correctly it gets really difficult against bots 35-40 minutes in though, since they all get full builds of free items and become tanky and push nonstop.

Newt

Incidentally this is why bot games can be lost, since every once in a while people will try an intermediate bot game and play a random champion for practice, only to realize too late there's no ADC. As long as there's at least one competent ADC they should be able to help the team push to win. If I recall correctly it gets really difficult against bots 35-40 minutes in though, since they all get full builds of free items and become tanky and push nonstop.
lol, you can just backdoor bots and win no matter how many items they have.

It's just beginner bots. IIRC beginner bots either don't upgrade to full build or they take foreeeeeeever to do so. Intermediate bots become a problem past 40 minutes because they usually build properly and try to group up.

And yeah Annie is the terror in beginner bots. When it comes to intermediate, the scariest champs are Karthus, Fiddle, Veigar and Amumu imho. Karthis Qs and Rs are scary.

bjaelke

Ingame model (lol :()
Skill set + scalings
Get Excited! [ Passive ]
Jinx receives massively increased Movement Speed whenever she kills or destroys an enemy champion or tower.

Switcheroo! [ Q ]
Jinx swaps weapons.

Rocket Launcher: Basic attacks deal 110% damage to Jinx's target and all nearby enemies, gain 75/100/125/150/175 range, and drain mana.

Minigun: Basic attacks grant additional Attack Speed for 2.5 seconds. This effect stacks up to 3 times for a total bonus of 50/70/90/110/130%. Stacks fall off one at a time and only benefit Jinx's first attack after switching to Rocket Launcher.
Range 600
Cooldown 1/1/1/1/1 Seconds

Zap! [ W ]
Jinx fires a shock blast that deals 30/75/120/165/210 (+1.4*AD) Physical Damage to the first enemy hit, revealing and slowing it by 30/40/50/60/70% for 2 seconds.
Cost 45/50/55/60/65 Mana
Range 1450
Cooldown 10/9/8/7/6 Seconds

Flame Chompers! [ E ]
Jinx tosses out 3 chompers that, once armed, explode on contact with enemy champions, rooting the target for 1.5 seconds and dealing 120/175/230/285/340 (+1*AP) Magic Damage over 1.5 seconds to nearby enemies. Chompers last for 5 seconds.
Cost 50 Mana
Range 950
Cooldown 20/19/18/17/16 Seconds

Super Mega Death Rocket! [ R ]
Jinx fires a rocket that gains damage over the first second it travels. It explodes on the first enemy champion hit, dealing 150/200/250 to 300/400/500 (+0.5*AD) Physical Damage plus 25/30/35% of the target's missing health. Nearby enemies take 80% damage.
Cost 100/100/100 Mana
Range Global
Cooldown 90/75/60 Seconds

Rocket Launcher's mana cost better be massive. That sounds like a smaller Hurricane but 110% damage to everyone around the target.

Actually the numbers are just through the roof. :/

Q1: Need info on mana costs. Otherwise sounds too powerful.
Q2: Free 130% ASPD. Yeah.
W: Low cooldown 2 second slow that doesn't decay and deals massive damage.
E: Are the flames DoT like Corki?
R: Need info on missile speed.

Her default range better be low. Like, 500 at most.

drawkcaB

Does anyone else at remember that at some point Riot was talking about normalizing champion sizes so they'd make sense (i.e. Vlad is tiny, Brand is huge). Did anything come from that?

Damn. The numbers are going to get tuned, but between the kit info and that 2nd skin, I'm in on Jinx.

bjaelke said:
Depends a lot on the missile speed.

Sound files

FATHANDS.

Yeah, I'm sold.

Boken

Banned
purchase confirmed.

but she's probably not going to be out until November/December, right?
i think she might come out with halloween
Dat fucking laugh, holy shit.
where do they get these voice actors?
honorary yordle.
badge of honour.
they really need to update update their models

what a waste of concept art
her skin model is a little better. riot conspiracy to make people buy release bundle

Ken

her skin model is a little better. riot conspiracy to make people buy release bundle

skin is better than the base model sure, but it still fails at matching up to the splash art

i guess such is the limitations of their engine

Boken

Banned
skin is better than the base model sure, but it still fails at matching up to the splash art

i guess such is the limitations of their engine

dunno if its engine cos they have pretty low max poly count so crappy machines can still function i think?

tauntflapper.png

dat skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom