• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

horrible garbage model. like, unbelievably bad. "how can riot okay this for the game" bad. complete lack of color coordination and stylistically derivative.

then you probably already like the four other champions they re-purposed abilities from.

i don't understand why this champion exists.

ahaha, you're the best

scy

Was it that hard to make an ADC without an escape that has a reliable kit, great range, strong late game and a good ult to compensate for the mobility?

We'll see. On paper, it looks like she'll have trouble vs Assassins diving her with non-movement based gap closers. Not sure how she'll really do against, say, Fizz, Zed, etc. that can bypass her E and outplay the W.

You guys are crazy, I think Lucian is fine.

Lucian's biggest problem are the bad players. His Q is getting a slight tweak (though, really, it's not that necessary) and his ult power is being shifted some. Still, as long as people sit there and try to ult in the middle of teamfights, he'll forever be considered bad.

We'll see. On paper, it looks like she'll have trouble vs Assassins diving her with non-movement based gap closers. Not sure how she'll really do against, say, Fizz, Zed, etc. that can bypass her E and outplay the W.
That's what the 700 range is for, I guess.

Still, I can totally see Trinity being core on her. She's gonna need the Phage passive and the extra health/mana. Botrk into Triforce or IE into Triforce, perhaps?

garath

She looks like a MF or a Varus to me. No escapes, just a slowing ability. It's going to take great positioning and peel to make them work well in today's gap closing assassin meta.

Macattk15

Well I'm so far ahead on the IP train that I can easily buy each new champ as they release.

Feels good man. 47k IP. Just have to decide if I wanna buy RP for some skins ... think I'll wait for the Halloween skins to come out before I splurge ... hope Zombie Brand makes a comeback.

She's more like Ashe/Draven imo.

Little to no mobility, good range, probably a lane bully, great dueling potential and a some really good CC.

Well I'm so far ahead on the IP train that I can easily buy each new champ as they release.

Feels good man. 47k IP. Just have to decide if I wanna buy RP for some skins ... think I'll wait for the Halloween skins to come out before I splurge ... hope Zombie Brand makes a comeback.
That's my plan as well. I can get Mafia Jinx anytime, I'd rather focus on the limited time stuff, plus we'll probably get RP rewards this year again.

Snowman

Lucian's biggest problem are the bad players. His Q is getting a slight tweak (though, really, it's not that necessary) and his ult power is being shifted some. Still, as long as people sit there and try to ult in the middle of teamfights, he'll forever be considered bad.

Yeah, the ult is definitely not what a lot of people think it is which is unfortunate.

scy

That's what the 700 range is for, I guess.

Maybe? I dunno. As someone who plays a lot of "I just dive people k" champs, 700 range isn't that big of a deal to me unless they're on the stronger zoning side. With a good zoning comp, I can see trying to dive 700 range to be rough but in most disorganized situations, not really sure how well she'll fare there.

Still, I can totally see Trinity being core on her. She's gonna need the Phage passive and the extra mana. Botrk into Triforce or IE into Triforce, perhaps?

I dunno. Triforce second rarely feels right and I'm not really sure if she has the kit to chain Sheen procs with impunity. But, at the same time, it does "feel" like TF is something she would want to have, though part of me just thinks that is due to TF's current power level.

Edit: I'm still thinking BT first to make the most out of her W's tAD scaling + the natural ASPD she gets (even Rank 1's 50% is pretty much comparable to most mid-level steroids anyway) might be ideal. Dunno. I'll have to put time in her to get a better idea for that.

Newt

He's not just bad because of bad players...he just doesn't really do anything better than anyone else. That and the fact that he's completely out of mana by using just 5 abilities. Bad players don't use him well, but what's drawing good players to use him? Is he a strong lane bully? No. Does he have good poke/harass? Maybe, but you'll run out of mana. Does he have a great late game? No, just average.

People want him to be strong because he's a cool champ. Even I want him to be powerful, but at the moment, I have to say he is not.

bcl0328

yesss i can't wait for Halloween skins. i'm going to buy a few.

How's Lucian supposed to use his ult? One effective way of using it that I've seen some people do is use it as you're getting chased.
Are they at very low health running away from you outside of your auto attack range / you are running away and your E is on CD? Use ult.

Every other situation that is not using your ult to kill minions and monsters? Don't use ult.

Newt

How's Lucian supposed to use his ult? One effective way of using it that I've seen some people do is use it as you're getting chased.
It's either for chasing someone out of your range, or being chased. It's also really good for waveclear.

scy

He's not just bad because of bad players...he just doesn't really do anything better than anyone else. That and the fact that he's completely out of mana by using just 5 abilities. Bad players don't use him well, but what's drawing good players to use him? Is he a strong lane bully? No. Does he have good poke/harass? Maybe, but you'll run out of mana. Does he have a great late game? No, just average.

People want him to be strong because he's a cool champ. Even I want him to be powerful, but at the moment, I have to say he is not.

He's a late-game hyper carry. He has really good scaling on his skills (that are relatively low cooldown) as well as having a steroid that basically deals +50% tAD on next-attack whenever he uses a skill. He has a weak early lane due to his Q double scaling (that is, base damage and scaling increases) so it takes awhile before he hits his stride there coupled with a Level 6 power-spike that isn't great in direct confrontations.

Pretty much to use while escaping or while pursuing people beyond your max range. His ult's range is 1400. That's massive. Very few champions, much less ADCs, can even attempt to put out any kind of damage at that range.

Boken

Banned
i see it as a long range kiting tool
for those times when akali is just waiting for you to come into jump range, theres lucian ult
Maybe? I dunno. As someone who plays a lot of "I just dive people k" champs, 700 range isn't that big of a deal to me unless they're on the stronger zoning side. With a good zoning comp, I can see trying to dive 700 range to be rough but in most disorganized situations, not really sure how well she'll fare there.

I dunno. Triforce second rarely feels right and I'm not really sure if she has the kit to chain Sheen procs with impunity. But, at the same time, it does "feel" like TF is something she would want to have, though part of me just thinks that is due to TF's current power level.

Edit: I'm still thinking BT first to make the most out of her W's tAD scaling + the natural ASPD she gets (even Rank 1's 50% is pretty much comparable to most mid-level steroids anyway) might be ideal. Dunno. I'll have to put time in her to get a better idea for that.
try diving a 1400 range 70% slow :/ her numbers sound really good tbh, but id rather have an OP adc than another lucian at this point.

shes gated by her weak laning phase since her Q sounds pretty shit in lane. her free AS% is pretty high, but her AS growth seems on the low side. seems to be an AD-favoured mm

Newt

He's a late-game hyper carry.
Well, he's on the bottom of the list for late game hyper carries. There's Caitlyn, Vayne, Kogmaw and Trist who can all handle mid game better than he can, and still have a better/just as good late game.

I don't see how her laning phase is weak. She has 600 range at level 1 if you rank Q first, that's enough to poke the fuck outta every adc in the game but two. If she gets an agressive support she can chain CC with her W and E.

And if all else fails she can farm outside of almost any adc's range during laning phase starting level 3. The splash damage might get the lane pushed though, so only time will tell.

Newt

I don't see how her laning phase is weak. She has 600 range at level 1 if you rank Q first, that's enough to poke the fuck outta every adc in the game but two.
It's not going to be that hard to get into her range, Cait's a problem because she can net back if she see's someone like Draven running towards her. Sure, she can slow but that won't stop getting some autos in. Also, 20 mana per shot is very expensive early on. Ashe uses 8 mana per q, and that should be a good reference point for you.

Boken

Banned
i havent tried her on the pbe, but i imagine the Q mana cost to matter a lot more early game

so you'll be at 525 at least half the time. and at level 1, you have an ability that adds no significant damage to your ability to duel at all.

Oh yeah, forgot about the 20 mana per attack. Thats going to hurt.

Going at least 7 in utility will be a must, most likely. Extra mana regen per 5 and mana per level.

Lucian sucks right now. He needs some real work. His Q is bullshit in how it works and his ult is super situational.

I remember people saying this about Varus when he came out and I was like a broken record saying he was fantastic. Then he got nerfed hard after everyone went E first.

Lucian is not going to end up the same way. Sucks. Period.

scy

try diving a 1400 range 70% slow :/ her numbers sound really good tbh, but id rather have an OP adc than another lucian at this point.

Narrow linear skillshot with a ~.8s-1s windup delay (though negligible travel delay). Yes, it's really good if it hits but there's an if there. We'll see, I guess?

shes gated by her weak laning phase since her Q sounds pretty shit in lane. her free AS% is pretty high, but her AS growth seems on the low side. seems to be an AD-favoured mm

Sounds like she'll spike around 6, 7, 9 area. Part of the reason I see for the BT is because of this, honestly. Let her have the option of staying at long range with early points in Q while remaining relevant damage wise off her W through tAD scaling + all the natural Q ASPD.

I don't see how her laning phase is weak. She has 600 range at level 1 if you rank Q first, that's enough to poke the fuck outta every adc in the game but two. If she gets an agressive support she can chain CC with her W and E.

And if all else fails she can farm outside of almost any adc's range during laning phase starting level 3. The splash damage might get the lane pushed though, so only time will tell.

Range is only relevant if you can stay at it, however. She'll have a weak laning phase in the sense that she'll lose pretty much every trading confrontation until she can set up and sit there with Minigun. Her W is cheap, though, and deals good enough damage so I can see that being used a fair amount in lane.

I remember people saying this about Varus when he came out and I was like a broken record saying he was fantastic. Then he got nerfed hard after everyone went E first.
Varus got tweaked multiple times before he was considered good. He was also released in a very different enviroment with very different dominant picks.

That's like saying Nami was always good or that Zed was good on release. He didn't suddenly get discovered because he was good to begin with, changes don't happen in a vacuum.

bjaelke

Yeah, I agree. The point is, is that you're not going to be using the rockets to farm or harass a lot during laning.

Rockets are great for harass. You can't hide right behind the minions due to the aoe. The mana problem is solvable with a tear/manamune (stacks on aa), but I'm not sure that's the most efficient way to built her.

scy

Rockets are great for harass. You can't hide right behind the minions due to the aoe. The mana problem is solvable with a tear/manamune (stacks on aa), but I'm not sure that's the most efficient way to built her.

Feel like it would just make her ultimately weaker in lane to build a non-Damage item that early, honestly.

Boken

Banned
yeah tbh, im not sure about maxing her Q first... it really gives her so little

so you get this amazing range, but you dont have the items nor the attack speed to back it up mid game anyway. you'd end up being a shitty kog

the scaling on her W and her E are amazing, so i think those are the first to max - stay in rank 1 rocket and just hit once in a while mid game.

Newt

She probably doesn't need much attack speed built on her. I would go BT, LW, and then IE or Shiv depending on the money at the time.

Looking at her stats better, I agree, Q looks like a really good one point wonder, no need to max it first - 600 range will be more than enough for laning phase.

Plus the slow scaling on W is bananas, from 30% to fucking 70. QEWWR, perhaps? Or E at level 4?

No. Max E last.

There's a debate to be had on W over Q, although I just like Q more. You gain 80% attack speed from rank 1 to 5 and 20 range per rank. Like that's going to be so valuable in mid game fights.

W has really good scaling, sure, but it's cooldown limited. I feel like you'd jet get more damage out of Q.

scy

yeah tbh, im not sure about maxing her Q first... it really gives her so little

so you get this amazing range, but you dont have the items nor the attack speed to back it up mid game anyway. you'd end up being a shitty kog

the scaling on her W and her E are amazing, so i think those are the first to max - stay in rank 1 rocket and just hit once in a while mid game.

The only reason I'm torn on this is from W being tAD with a so-so return per point (+30). Maxing E early feels weird too since the major parts of the skill don't improve per point + the cost increases.

My gut was max WQER but from people's impressions so far, not sure if that's the best case yet.

Newt

The only reason I'm torn on this is from W being tAD with a so-so return per point (+30). Maxing E early feels weird too since the major parts of the skill don't improve per point + the cost increases.

My gut was max WQER but from people's impressions so far, not sure if that's the best case yet.
Maxing W seems really solid, and will probably give her a little bit of trading potential to make her laning slightly better.

PD over Shiv.
I find Shiv to be a lot better than PD in a lot of cases. The wave clear is great, and the burst damage from the passive is really nice. The only champion I actually still build PD over Shiv is Draven, and that's simply because PD's passive works well on him, and that he doesn't need movement speed.

just had the worst LoL game ever. we were winning hard but trynda was always split pushing and going in 1v5 and malzahar quit 5 times because he got "no gang". the enemy team was so underfed that we easily stopped them when they were pushing and then nobody from our team attacked. 60 min later they finally catch up in items and win.

everybody flaming the entire time. i'm alistar and can't do much.
i almost punched my screen.

scy

PD over Shiv.

With all the movement and ASPD she gets anyway, Shiv just makes more sense. Like, PD is rarely the better choice for basically any ADC honestly.

Maxing W seems really solid, and will probably give her a little bit of trading potential to make her laning slightly better.

Not really sure how, though. It's a relatively long delay narrow skillshot. You can poke with it, sure, but it seems fairly easy to minion block it there. Trading with it shouldn't be ideal to lose 1s of AA. considering the high chance of missing it (unless they're snared by her E, I suppose).

She doesn't need the wave clear, and she needs more attack speed because she doesn't get the attack speed with rockets and rockets AoE crit, so the more crit chance you have the better.

Shiv will still ultimately be more damage in the long run, honestly.

Snowman

I think people really underestimate the damage he can do if you're getting your passive to proc between each ability. He is also pretty safe with his e + movespeed, his abilities ranges are pretty huge and he has really good waveclear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom