• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
she animates well. looks so jumpy, hyperactive and a little crazy.

those flame chompers are placeholder (probably)

Range: When using her rocket launcher, Jinx's base attack range ( 525 ) is increased by 75/100/125/150/175.

Ferga

I think I like fishbones too much to get the skin. The whole joke doesnt even make sense in the doctor skin.

Jinx gains a massive movement speed boost whenever a champion or tower that she's recently attacked is killed or destroyed. This boost decays over time

It says champion or tower. No minions.

After watching a few videos, I can say that she's going to be so hard to play right

bjaelke

Finally managed to play a game with her. It's near impossible due to the min. limit set on custom games.

Move speed bonus is huge. It's going to be killer in ARAM. Really liking her (aa) animations.

I dont get her recommended items though. Only 2 offensive and defensive items, but 5(!) consumables.

Ferga

Her ganking should be real good by using E to block/root, W to slow and a ranged red buff.

Her mid game has a load of aoe burst too.

Hopefully she does enough damage to not completely suck in the mid game if you're not ahead.

She reminds me of Diana. A character who can jungle but will be nerfed or underpowered (jungle-wise) because they will be too strong in lane.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Things that make no sense:
  • I can't view my teammates or enemies abilities
  • Mana is not displayed on my skills
  • There is a delay when a ranged minion or tower deals damage to when it gets applied

I'm surprised how item dependent the game feels and how many people take 6 minutes to load.
The biggest change is the kill distance is much lower and CC isn't nearly as bad so it's a lot more close positioning.

• There is a delay when a ranged minion or tower deals damage to when it gets applied

Yeah. The only way to view skills in-game is when you die after getting hit by one of them by highlighting.

League is waaaay lighter on mana consumption though. There's maybe 3 champs who go OOM after 2-3 casts.

Am I going to buy a third marksman/ADC in a row? Yes. It looks like I am.

She sounds class, looks pretty okay, and has so many potentials for misplays in her kit! Perfect for me.

Boken

Banned

I'm surprised how item dependent the game feels and how many people take 6 minutes to load.
The biggest change is the kill distance is much lower and CC isn't nearly as bad so it's a lot more close positioning.
mana is mouseover only

what do you mean? as soon as the missles hit you take dmg

kill distance feels lower cos camera is zoomed out

Leezard

Have you noticed how you turn instantly rather than have to wait slightly for your hero to turn around like in Dota?

edit:

Jinx range:
riot said:
Want to clear up misinformation going around about the ranges and AS buffs.

Base range in Minigun is 525
Rocket range at max rank is 700

Max rank minigun gains 130% AS when fully stacked (after 3 attacks)
Base attack speed is .625
AS per level is 1%

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
As in the mage balls have to touch you then explode and the turret damage feels delayed.
Have you noticed how you turn instantly rather than have to wait slightly for your hero to turn around like in Dota?
Of course

The minimap pings and ctrl for different stuff is really nice.

As in the mage balls have to touch you then explode and the turret damage feels delayed.

I agree about the turret damage, it's sort of see the hit, hear the sound, see the damage applied. I've never played much DotA though so that way is all I know. Now that I think about it I do remember the towers being one of the most different parts I noticed in the DotA tutorial.

Base range in Minigun is 525
Rocket range at max rank is 700

Max rank minigun gains 130% AS when fully stacked (after 3 attacks)
Base attack speed is .625
AS per level is 1%

Crappiest ASPD growth (along with Thresh) and one of the crappiest base ASPDs for an ADC (along with Graves). Good. She actually needs to pick between range and attack speed.

Leezard

probably the thing that turn me off about dota2 beside the soraka auto attack. Its like driving a fucking car.

Of course
Cool, I actually did not notice it the first time I went from Dota 1 to League, but when I recently tried Dota 2 I definitely noticed it. My fond memories of Dota 1 were a bit sullied there.
The turn speed makes it feel less responsive despite the fact that the controls are responsive. :/

bjaelke

Crappiest ASPD growth (along with Thresh) and one of the crappiest base ASPDs for an ADC (along with Graves). Good. She actually needs to pick between range and attack speed.

PD is one of her essential items. Probably a reason for that.

Oh god, Rocket Launcher works with Hurricane.

I really like her Q. 700 range at rank 5 holy shit.

Also W is basically a Nidalee spear that slows and has a 6 second CD. Sounds like she could be a Trinity carry.

Kenai

ok, so it is an adc, next up should be a supp right?

Possibly, but Ao is in the pipeline and he's supposed to be a mid magey type (although not out this year iirc) and he's the only other champ I can think of. They tend to release supports a bit less often than some roles, I'm actually really surprised they released Nami and Thresh as close together as they did. Two ADCs back to back is a bit annoying but oh well.

Boken

Banned
700 range at 9
Or 700 range at 13 if you max w first

An amazing mid game spike
In terms of hyper carry, Cait, trist, vayne, twitch and kog deal more damage and are arguably safer, with the exception of kog
ok, so it is an adc, next up should be a supp right?

her release should be a good time to take a break, it will be annoying as fuck.
Certainly T's champ is next.

They do occasionally tweak models but it's very rare. Splash is more likely.

Her splashes are both great, though. I guess if there is a huge backlash regarding the face, or whatever, they might give it a cursory rework, but the splash would probably be easier to bring into line. Don't know, not what you might call an artist. <shrug>

@Boken from earlier: yes, that hair probably has a lot of polygons in it, meaning they have fewer for the rest of the model.

horrible garbage model. like, unbelievably bad. "how can riot okay this for the game" bad. complete lack of color coordination and stylistically derivative.

then you probably already like the four other champions they re-purposed abilities from.

i don't understand why this champion exists.

Agree with all of this.

Does this happen? I always thought the models we saw on PBE were near - if not fully - finished.
Happens somewhat often - see Garen's visual update, Diana's release skin, Creator Viktor, the Karma visual update, Trundle's and so on.

In terms of hyper carry, Cait, trist, vayne, twitch and kog deal more damage and are arguably safer, with the exception of kog
I don't know. She has the biggest attack speed steroid in the game and it has 100% upkeep as long as you keep attacking. And she can do AoE crits with her bazooka.

She might not get to Vayne and Kog levels, but she definitely sounds above the rest.

Of course

The minimap pings and ctrl for different stuff is really nice.

Projectiles have a travel time and aren't treated as hitting until they make contact, yes. This includes some projectiles from on-click abilities (Sion, Nunu, and Taric's Qs) that would normally be unavoidable once used. There are some champions who have abilities that can make them briefly untargetable - Zed's R during the instant of activation, Vlad's W for the entire duration, Fizz's E while he remains on the pole, Elise's spider-form E while she's in the air - as well as one item active that can grant the same benefit (Zhonya's Hourglass, an AP/Armor item) at the cost of rooting you in place for a few seconds. The way these abilities interact with turret shots is a little less cut and dry - Fizz pole can "dodge" a shot if timed right and Zhonya's can as well, but if I remember right Vlad's pool won't prevent a shot in-flight from doing damage - but they can at the least be used to reset turret aggro so that it prioritizes a minion or other champion for the next shot.

The ability to use (and abuse) this invulnerability is a pretty vital part of the next-level plays for all of these champions, and one of the major reasons Zhonya's is such a prized item even when the stats are sub-optimal in a match up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom