• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

v3vIyKm.png

this is the bestttttttttttttt

scy

It seems Jinx encourages lane swap play. Seeing as she's great at destroying towers with her machinegun attackspeed buff and has godlike zoning potential. Which is weird since Riot just recently patched it to discourage lane swapping.

I mean, she gets them off kills as well.

And they didn't discourage lane swapping, they discouraged early tower kills. Jinx takes a few levels to really get to zoning and that should be after the tower buff falls off.

Blizzard

Banned
In a ranked promotion game, the AP mid went afk in lane like 3 minutes in. They said like 5 minutes later when they came back that their food had arrived. I'm not sure if they were mad about it or sorry.

Then at the end of the game they were afk in spawn for a minute or so and said they dropped their food.

Food kills ranked games. :( I didn't report them since I felt kind of sorry for them. I don't even know what they dropped. It's kind of weird they didn't run behind the tower before leaving the computer but maybe it was super urgent food.

Q8D3vil

In a ranked promotion game, the AP mid went afk in lane like 3 minutes in. They said like 5 minutes later when they came back that their food had arrived. I'm not sure if they were mad about it or sorry.

Then at the end of the game they were afk in spawn for a minute or so and said they dropped their food.

Food kills ranked games. :( I didn't report them since I felt kind of sorry for them. I don't even know what they dropped. It's kind of weird they didn't run behind the tower before leaving the computer but maybe it was super urgent food.
Why.....
If it was me i would not just report them but convince everyone else in the game to do so.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I would add the ability to veto people off your team before the game starts (ranked only) if they're starting to troll/instalock w/e. Of course all 4 people would need to agree on the vote.

Speak more truth.

This alone would clean up the queue quite a bit.

Fiddle support is my new favorite thing.

Bro fist! Silence and that fear is too good vs certain typical bot setups. With the heal off w you can do quite a bit.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Projectiles have a travel time and aren't treated as hitting until they make contact, yes. This includes some projectiles from on-click abilities (Sion, Nunu, and Taric's Qs) that would normally be unavoidable once used.
I appreciate the post, but there is a noticeable delay on when a ranged attack from a tower or minion projectile hits you, then 'explodes' to dealing damage.

As in it makes contact, then like a 100-250ms pause, then damage is dealt. I'm on about 30-50 ping.

bjaelke

There shouldn't be any noticeable delay from missile impact to missile damage apart from the damage calculation - damage is calculated when the missile hits the target.

Starting my placements tomorrow morning.

I've concentrated my core group for the run to 10 champs, 2 for each role that are unlikely to be banned.

Top: Garen, Riven
Mid: Lux, Ahri
AD: Cait, Fortune
Support: Leona, Sona
Jungle: Zac, Udyr

With Jayce as my "any position" everything-man. In case I don't feel comfortable with someone for some reason, I can play him in 4 of the positions and produce. I don't really care what role I have, as I can do them all well. Anything I need to know going in?

Leezard

I appreciate the post, but there is a noticeable delay on when a ranged attack from a tower or minion projectile hits you, then 'explodes' to dealing damage.

As in it makes contact, then like a 100-250ms pause, then damage is dealt. I'm on about 30-50 ping.

I know what delay you speak of, there certainly is a slight one there. For the minions, it's for the explosion as you and several people have noticed. For the tower, the delay is not as big as for the minions, but the projectile is not supposed to explode in this case either.

Didn't they recently mention they were addressing this by changing the animation?

Kenai

Starting my placements tomorrow morning.

I've concentrated my core group for the run to 10 champs, 2 for each role that are unlikely to be banned.

Top: Garen, Riven
Mid: Lux, Ahri
AD: Cait, Fortune
Support: Leona, Sona
Jungle: Zac, Udyr

With Jayce as my "any position" everything-man. In case I don't feel comfortable with someone for some reason, I can play him in 4 of the positions and produce. I don't really care what role I have, as I can do them all well. Anything I need to know going in?

Not to downplay Leona cause she is good, but those all-in type champs are extremely risky for solo play because it requires followup from your team. If you have a 2nd support at ranged (I'd suggest Nami or Zyra) I'd try to use them over Leona.

Ahri does have somewhat of a danger of being banned but she is reallllly good (I wish i were better with her).

While those two top champs aren't bad at all I would recommend looking into a ranged champ as well, there's a few ranged tops like Temmo/Kennen/Vlad that are somewhat popular picks and can harass the heck outta those two (though you have jayce).

Finally (and this is probably the most time consuming thing I can think of to learn) if you get a chance, go to someplace like www.championselect.net and look into what popular counterpicks are for your champs, and then maybe plan on seeing them. A lot of people will load up sites like that and counterpick you during selection, and while there is only so much you can do about it, it might be nice to work out how to change your normal playstyle to better deal with said champ, especially if you are not used to playing against them (I will reiterate, this is not easy). It's a crapshot on whether or not they can play said champ well, but if you learn your own style of dealing with them you just might thank yourself later.

garath

What a terrible evening of league. First game I am support nami and my team is already pretty toxic in champ select. From there i end up with immediate and severe lag. I lag out attempting to reconnect twice before just resetting the router. That seemed to clear it up. It was about 7 min into the game and my team is only down 4 kills to 8 and lost 1 tower. Rather than making any attempt to redeem the game they spend the next 13 minutes flaming me and literally feeding claiming the game is lost. I apologized and told them I completely understand any reports but I'll play my best to come back. It was not at all lost when I came back. Second blue hadn't even spawned. Me and the corki were actually trying and got a tower but the rest just kept feeding and eventually afkd. Ridiculous attitude. I'm sure I got plenty of reports for that one.

I played a private game to make sure my internet was OK then just normals to not have the same problem in ranked again. Of course the normal matchmaking kept the night going. 1 win out of 5 games all night. Miserable.

Solo queue stories.

Edit: I think its worth noting that I didn't die once despite being down 4 levels initially.

Edwardo

What a terrible evening of league. First game I am support nami and my team is already pretty toxic in champ select. From there i end up with immediate and severe lag. I lag out attempting to reconnect twice before just resetting the router. That seemed to clear it up. It was about 7 min into the game and my team is only down 4 kills to 8 and lost 1 tower. Rather than making any attempt to redeem the game they spend the next 13 minutes flaming me and literally feeding claiming the game is lost. I apologized and told them I completely understand any reports but I'll play my best to come back. It was not at all lost when I came back. Second blue hadn't even spawned. Me and the corki were actually trying and got a tower but the rest just kept feeding and eventually afkd. Ridiculous attitude. I'm sure I got plenty of reports for that one.

I played a private game to make sure my internet was OK then just normals to not have the same problem in ranked again. Of course the normal matchmaking kept the night going. 1 win out of 5 games all night. Miserable.

Solo queue stories.

Edit: I think its worth noting that I didn't die once despite being down 4 levels initially.

Weekend solo queue stories*

Q8D3vil

I've felt that championselect to be pretty average for finding counterpicks

The problem with champion select is that its so damn outdated.
Like it said that Jayce counter renetkon while right now after all the nerfs to jayce its the other way around.

I've felt that championselect to be pretty average for finding counterpicks

Yeah, not to mention that it doesn't do much good if you don't play the champion it's recommending enough to understand how and why they're a counterpick. There's nothing funnier seeing someone pick Vlad because a website like that recommended him, then run into lane and die three times before Lv6 because they didn't understand that Vlad eventually becomes a counter to the champion in question once he gets enough items to split-push.

Kenai

Yeah, not to mention that it doesn't do much good if you don't play the champion it's recommending enough to understand how and why they're a counterpick. There's nothing funnier seeing someone pick Vlad because a website like that recommended him, then run into lane and die three times before Lv6 because they didn't understand that Vlad eventually becomes a counter to the champion in question once he gets enough items to split-push.

Yea, that's why I said to research a bit rather than loading it up and picking a champ you don't know. There's plenty that bother to explain themselves though.

On the other hand, when people do that vs me it can be quite fun!

Solo Q it's better to not care about counterpicks unless it's a suicidal pick like picking Twisted Fate vs a super mobile assassin or Fiora Vs Jax or Malphite.

Just play your champs and do your thing. Unless you pick Garen, in which case don't talk to me I hate you by default.
3rd game in a row there's been a Riven in the game. haven't seen her in ages. Weird.
The Faker effect.

drawkcaB

The problem with champion select is that its so damn outdated.
Like it said that Jayce counter renetkon while right now after all the nerfs to jayce its the other way around.

Yeah, championselect is more of "tool" than "bible". I like to look up counters and then go into the comments. The comments are where the real information is. People will detail why this is/isn't a counter and then I use my own judgement, but I always look at when the comments were written. Jayce v. Renek comments from 8 months ago are worthless.

They really need to clean-up Champselect and throw out any vote older than 4 or so patches ago.

Another tool that also requires you to take a step back and think about things are lolking's charts. It doesn't provide any information beyond win% and you sometimes have to be careful about the info shown (e.g. in Diamond Zyra vs. Fizz, Zyra is favoured by 55%, but that's because she's played as support not mid per lolking) but it let's you discern patterns.

garath

Solo Q it's better to not care about counterpicks unless it's a suicidal pick like picking Twisted Fate vs a super mobile assassin or Fiora Vs Jax or Malphite.

Just play your champs and do your thing. Unless you pick Garen, in which case don't talk to me I hate you by default.

The Faker effect.

Worlds effect. I'm seeing ahri in every game. Vi all over the place, elise jungle making a gold comeback and even more zeds.

Edwardo

Bro fist! Silence and that fear is too good vs certain typical bot setups. With the heal off w you can do quite a bit.

Oh yea def. It's pretty great that I can sit use fear + silence and then tank a bunch of damage with W. CAW CAW CAW at 6 is pretty great too.

Zynx

So I've seen mentions of customizing player UI, HUD, and even addons? Even patch notes seem to warn that they could interfere with addons, so it seems at least some are accepted?

Can anyone guide me on how to find out more on these topics?
I'm already planning to switch to smartcasting, autoattack click, and doing that 'player health bar a different color' thing, but I'm interested to see if there's any other useful changes I can make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom