• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
so the new OT will go up when it's ready.

Then we'll have a new slide for season 4 changes when it comes out.

The current OT has been used for 2 threads and is out of date at this stage.

Edwardo

What should I put my second point into? E or W? W would probably help with dueling

Q and E.

You E-Q-R-Q-E-R

You can also Q-E-R-Q-E-R if you're fast at placing a gate just after casting shock blast but in time for it to pass through the gate.

Yep, all of that + ignite can get you a kill at level 2.

I haven't played Jayce since they nerfed Acceleration Gate. There's no point in just leveling Q and E back and forth anymore, right?

scy

yeah. i don't think victory was unachievable but we just didn't play well.

More or less.

Q and E.

You E-Q-R-Q-E-R

You can also Q-E-R-Q-E-R if you're fast at placing a gate just after casting shock blast but in time for it to pass through the gate.

Just to expand on this, your goal at Level 1 is to aggressively zone with AAs and Q use. You're aiming for Level 2 before the enemy and that takes 7 minions (aka, one minion into the second wave). Once you hit 2, you can immediately put the point into E and go for the Cannon QE into Hammer QIgnite + AA (important for the on-hit damage from the stance swap) + E.

If they live, don't chase them too hard. ~3 minutes is when you can expect the Jungler to come to lane so keep that in mind. From then on out, you just zone them with the threat of AAs and the occasional QEs.

As for skill order, I've been having some fun with going QEW and then maxing QWER. The W points gives you an outlet for easy Tear stacks and the triple shot makes your AA zoning a bit more potent. This, however, does have a little lower spike damage on the Hammer E but you can make up for it with better zoning.

Newt

993431_10153317759390556_1689519364_n.jpg

that's really too good.

dtf.png

I really like Thornmail...I think. I'm not sure if the purchase was the right one here? I had about 3300hp and around 80% right-click reduction, along with around 67% MR. Without being able to see the game of course, is there anything you all think I should have bought differently to better position the team for a win? I'm still very much a freshman when it comes to item purchase decisions. Also, were flash and ignite okay choices? Also I was pretty much exclusively bursting through their line to get to Brand and/or Ez whenever the opportunity was there. Correct choices?

On a side note, the Mal ult is just fucking silly.

edit: and I have no idea why Leona was so fukin poor. I know she bought a lot of wards, but goddamn. No item progression at all. Also, I took the most damage on my team, so I guess I did my job to some degree.

Udyr isn't AD damage? I was thinking there were 3 major sources of that damage type.

I'm not even sure how I ended up with thronmail. I initially bought the chainmail and negatron and was trying to decide what to do with them, and I think I must have moused over that item first and saw "100 armor" and I was like, "sheeeeeeeeyit. yes plz." I don't think I've ever bought it before. What is the best situation for buying that item?

Also, I'm still trying to get adjusted to using actives in this game. I'm really, really bad at it. There's still probably about 25% of the items I've never bought which is bad for a multitude of reasons.

edit: anyone have that Garen skin that's on sale? I was wondering if it was decent enough to pick up. I kinda like Garen. Haven't lost with him yet.

DeadNames

Banned
Does anyone else do really well with their champion buy they just can't manage to win a game? :/ sitting at 0 LP because of moronic udyrs...

dat sunday morning lolz. so good.

Also Udyr's mixed damage. If he's phoenix Udyr, which I'm guessing he was from that build, it's magic damage mostly.

Understood. He spent most of his time going from Bear to Tiger stance. Not sure if Tiger is physical, but I assumed it was.

I use Rugged Garen when I play him, but Dreadknight looks pretty cool too.

Yea the shoulders are kinda putting me off. I'd really like to spectate a game with someone using that skin, but haven't seen any Garen picksamong the main menu 5 matches. I just want to see it in motion.

Does anyone else do really well with their champion buy they just can't manage to win a game? :/ sitting at 0 LP because of moronic udyrs...

I had a loss like that today. In the draft menu the guy was extreeeeeemely reluctant to play ADC. He said he had really wanted to jungle, but I had called it and he didn't say he couldn't play ADC or anything. He wound up feeding a lane he should have been fairly comfortable in, and not even my Vi could bring us back.

edit: match http://www.lolsage.com/hive/match/na/d1LdHeWFlxgH0yUXIoVlAYP0gQD0fQP20SUXNVbaTcfozlpMzFiINtN/

DeadNames

Banned
Yeah, I got fb on jayce and totally zoned garen. However our nasus and syndra fed corki and he got huge.

Trinity force on corki is just wrong.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
tiger udyr is physical damage now, but thornmail would only reflect the auto-attack damage.

That's an odd build for tiger.

usually if you're building pure tank you do Phoenix cos you'll do better Aoe and better damage overall I think.

Yeah, I got fb on jayce and totally zoned garen. However our nasus and syndra fed corki and he got huge.

Trinity force on corki is just wrong.

Nah, it's oh so right.

Edwardo

That's the exact reason why I stopped playing Jayce lol.. I would do great the whole game, but we would still lose. I just gave up on the champ.

DeadNames

Banned
That's the exact reason why I stopped playing Jayce lol.. I would do great the whole game, but we would still lose. I just gave up on the champ.

I love playing him. A lot, I think he's a ton of fun. Part of me thinks he's better mid, but I do just fine against many top laners. Even the dreaded Garen.

The meta has definitely shifted to a tanky top laner, and a bruiser jungler (I think). Zac, Renekton, and Shen are all very tanky and are contested picks in the pro League world.

Edwardo

I love playing him. A lot, I think he's a ton of fun. Part of me thinks he's better mid, but I do just fine against many top laners. Even the dreaded Garen.

The meta has definitely shifted to a tanky top laner, and a bruiser jungler (I think). Zac, Renekton, and Shen are all very tanky and are contested picks in the pro League world.

Yep. I was always really attached to him because he was the first 6300 champion that I bought. The only champions that I bought before him were Kayle and Amumu.

Udyr isn't AD damage? I was thinking there were 3 major sources of that damage type.

I'm not even sure how I ended up with thronmail. I initially bought the chainmail and negatron and was trying to decide what to do with them, and I think I must have moused over that item first and saw "100 armor" and I was like, "sheeeeeeeeyit. yes plz." I don't think I've ever bought it before. What is the best situation for buying that item?

Udyr can be either physical (if he's maxing Tiger first) or magic (if he's maxing Phoenix), though in this case he wouldn't really have been a significant source of either, given his build. The main thing he would've been doing with those items is just running around bear-smacking people for micro stuns.

Thornmail's a great sixth item on a top/jungler any time a game's actually gone long enough for you to get a sixth item. That's the main thing about it: barring special-use situations (ie, all-AD opposing team) it generally doesn't get good until the game's gone pretty late and the six item ADCs are out on the prowl.

You almost always want to prioritize other items over it because of this (Sunfire Cape, Randuin's Omen, or Spirit Visage, depending). Even in the ideal use-case scenario - a double ADC composition (Ezreal mid with Cait bottom), with an AD jungler (Aatrox or Lee Sin) and an AD top (Rengar, Jayce, etc.) the Sunfire Cape is generally going to be a priority because balancing Health and Armor generally gives better results than stacking either one alone, though it'd make a pretty attractive second- or third-build item in that scenario.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world

It's not related to meta shift. Jayce was OP and then he got nerfed.

Jayce is def my favorite champ. Takes him awhile to get his items up, but when he does...he's a load. DAT W.

Udyr can be either physical (if he's maxing Tiger first) or magic (if he's maxing Phoenix), though in this case he wouldn't really have been a significant source of either, given his build. The main thing he would've been doing with those items is just running around bear-smacking people for micro stuns.

Thornmail's a great sixth item on a top/jungler any time a game's actually gone long enough for you to get a sixth item. That's the main thing about it: barring special-use situations (ie, all-AD opposing team) it generally doesn't get good until the game's gone pretty late and the six item ADCs are out on the prowl.

You almost always want to prioritize other items over it because of this (Sunfire Cape, Randuin's Omen, or Spirit Visage, depending). Even in the ideal use-case scenario - a double ADC composition (Ezreal mid with Cait bottom), with an AD jungler (Aatrox or Lee Sin) and an AD top (Rengar, Jayce, etc.) the Sunfire Cape is generally going to be a priority because balancing Health and Armor generally gives better results than stacking either one alone, though it'd make a pretty attractive second- or third-build item in that scenario.
Thank you for the insight, good sir. Makes perfect sense. Situational 6th item in te event that AD is the big problem for the team, coming from multiple sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom