• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Riot secretly working on a LoL fighting game??

iq4COPSh.jpg

9xU3qh6h.jpg

fTh9LGwh.jpg

jaZRQvkh.jpg

Thank you for the insight, good sir. Makes perfect sense. Situational 6th item in te event that AD is the big problem for the team, coming from multiple sources.

Any time. I'm getting too old to keep up with these crazy kids and their godlike mechanics (as if I ever could...), but I still have a lot of fun analyzing the game at every level. The existence of a game like this that's perpetually in-development is very interesting to me from a design perspective, especially because Riot as a developer has such a ridiculous level of transparency. It's like being able to play a design diary in progress, getting to see every minute change and regretted misstep and their rippling after-effects in real time.

Also, there are yordles.

Blizzard

Banned
there go riots servers. hope i get this loss forgiven

Just got disconnected in a ranked game and we lost because of it.

Had to reconnect six times.

These servers, man.
I had 3 enemies disconnect earlier, but my jungler kept lagging out the last game. Fortunately apparently Riot has realized this so it's +0 LP for the loss. No loss prevented though. Time to spam ranked if I'm not going to lose anything! (this may actually screw up my MMR though...) *edit* Riot disabled ranked queues to prevent this, NEVERMIND.

AP corki damage:
corki4wukyv.png

The enemy Nidalee was complaining in allchat about being killed in "one hit" by missiles. Yes Nidalee, being killed by longrange pokes is annoying, isn't it? ISN'T IT?

Unfortunately this was a loss since I suffered from my normal Corki problem -- it depends on 1 or 2 other people being able to stay alive. With our jungler Nasus constantly disconnecting, and with bot lane Vayne fed because I did not roam there, we were only able to try to defend. We would almost certainly have lost anyway since we had an inhibitor down, but I sealed the loss by messing up smartcast W and accidentally dashed into the enemy team. :(

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Aatrox jungle is hilarious fun. Dive into everyone. Get focused. Get back up. Q away.

Sup haters?

"Ahhh, just farming this wa- HOLY SHIT NO AHHH *flash* I... Think I'm sa-OH GOD HE FLIPPED ME NOOOOOOO"
One of the scariest sights I've seen in LoL: a Voli running around with a Jax. It was like old school WWF tag-team wrestling. Voli sets em up, Jax knocks them right the fuck down. Voli will catch you. Jax will push your shit right in when he does.

Volibear's aesthetics really drive it home. There's nothing inherently that much "worse" about a Voli flip than a Singed flip, but just the fact that it's a freaking polar bear running at you and roaring make it a hundred times more terrifying.

Volibear's aesthetics really drive it home. There's nothing inherently that much "worse" about a Voli flip than a Singed flip, but just the fact that it's a freaking polar bear running at you and roaring make it a hundred times more terrifying.
To me it's not the bear...it's who's with the bear.

Hey there! I am a new streamer and I could use your support to help my channel grow. You can view my stream at http://www.twitch.tv/xlordedmarx. Please if you guys can spread the word it would be awesome ^-^. Thank you guys so much.

Err, I don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the TOS of GAF, I'm not sure because it has been a while since I read it, but I think I remember something about selfpromotion or something like that.

Anyways I will see if I can watch your stream, welcome to neogaf.

im sure its fine

Cool.

Boken

Banned
Err, I don't want to be a party pooper, but I'm not sure if this is allowed by the TOS of GAF, I'm not sure because it has been a while since I read it, but I think I remember something about selfpromotion or something like that.

Anyways I will see if I can watch your stream, welcome to neogaf.

im sure its fine

Blizzard

Banned
I really don't understand. I don't THINK I play a lot worse in promotion games. But I lost 3 or 4 straight promotions before getting to Silver 1 I think. Now gold promotions:

Won 70-80% of games. Lost 3 straight gold promotion, started 4 game slide including promotion.

Won again, got to promotion, lost 3 straight gold promotion, started 5 game slide.

Won again, 70% of games yesterday and today. Lost first gold promotion game.

You'd think at some point I would get lucky and be carried at least ONE out of seven gold promotion games wouldn't you? Just seems crazy.

*edit* Second promotion game: Bronze 1 and a Fiora player on my team...and not the same person. RIOT PLZ (our two carries are higher ranking so I am hoping I get carried this time)

What's that? Is that what Riot will be giving in the finals?

_

Damn you GTA V, 2 weeks without playing League, and damn, it felt like my first day, I did well, mainly because the enemy Zed was bad, but my farm sucked, and I felt dizzy while playing.

Has this happened to someone before, how long until I get back to normal?, I'm running out of time for ranked ):

Blizzard

Banned

_

Damn you GTA V, 2 weeks without playing League, and damn, it felt like my first day, I did well, mainly because the enemy Zed was bad, but my farm sucked, and I felt dizzy while playing.

Has this happened to someone before, how long until I get back to normal?, I'm running out of time for ranked ):
I think feeling dizzy randomly is a bad thing in general...you might want to go to a doctor if you haven't had it happen before. Were you playing when you were tired or it was dark in the room?

Also, I won the second gold promotion attempt of this third gold promotion series...but pretty much the ONLY reason we won was our vayne blitzcrank being good enough that their tristana ragequit at level 5. They had nasus tristana for lategame, and their mid pantheon was snowballing and crushing our (like, Gold IV or III) kassadin and everyone else, and even 5v4 they still nearly took our inhib turret.

Boken

Banned

_

those are just random pictures from inven.

and i think you should ease back into the game. play some arams, its less camera intensive so you wont get dizzy.

I think feeling dizzy randomly is a bad thing in general...you might want to go to a doctor if you haven't had it happen before. Were you playing when you were tired or it was dark in the room?

I'm actually sick, but I didn't have a problem while playing GTA V, hmm, I'll keep an eye about that, but while I did felt a bit dizzy I think that it would be more precise to say that I felt disoriented while playing. My dizziness is in normal levels. Thanks for the concern, I think I better go to sleep, I do feel a bit tired.

those are just random pictures from inven.

and i think you should ease back into the game. play some arams, its less camera intensive so you wont get dizzy.

ARAM! I forgot about them, I'll play some arams tomorrow, thanks.

Blizzard

Banned
He probably won
Nope. The platinum fizz and bronze master yi apparently muted everyone. Fizz got crushed since they sent a 2v1 lane against him mid, but Fizz still went 21/9/8, and yi went 13/10/11.

How did we lose? Fizz suicided up the middle alone chasing kills like 36 minutes in. We eventually got one inhib and neux stower late, and Fizz respawned and...suicded up the middle, 42 minutes in, to singlehandledly attack a lee sin with guardians angel, surrounded by 3 teammates.

But maybe we could hold the nexus for one last fight, right? Just 41 seconds to hold two nexus towers with four full HP people? Wait no...the bronze master yi who also muted everyone...he's going off in the jungle. Wait everyone is pinging the nexus and he's...going for their nexus? Alone to their nexus tower?

Shockingly, the other team pushed our nexus with 5 people, and the remaining support + tank + adc could not hold them off. Basically intentional platinum throw, and absolutely horrible coordination. Plus since master yi would never go anywhere else but mid lane, other lanes never had any help (top lane was also getting crushed)...and with his AD he could have done great against towers but WHEN WE GOT CLOSE TO TOWERS HE WOULD LEAVE AND ATTACK ENEMY WRAITHS INSTEAD. If Fizz or Yi had ever gotten near towers we at least would have had a chance, but as it was, just another promotion loss.

Newt

Nope. The platinum fizz and bronze master yi apparently muted everyone. Fizz got crushed since they sent a 2v1 lane against him mid, but Fizz still went 21/9/8, and yi went 13/10/11.

How did we lose? Fizz suicided up the middle alone chasing kills like 36 minutes in. We eventually got one inhib and neux stower late, and Fizz respawned and...suicded up the middle, 42 minutes in, to singlehandledly attack a lee sin with guardians angel, surrounded by 3 teammates.

But maybe we could hold the nexus for one last fight, right? Just 41 seconds to hold two nexus towers with four full HP people? Wait no...the bronze master yi who also muted everyone...he's going off in the jungle. Wait everyone is pinging the nexus and he's...going for their nexus? Alone to their nexus tower?

Shockingly, the other team pushed our nexus with 5 people, and the remaining support + tank + adc could not hold them off. Basically intentional platinum throw, and absolutely horrible coordination. Plus since master yi would never go anywhere else but mid lane, other lanes never had any help (top lane was also getting crushed)...and with his AD he could have done great against towers but WHEN WE GOT CLOSE TO TOWERS HE WOULD LEAVE AND ATTACK ENEMY WRAITHS INSTEAD. If Fizz or Yi had ever gotten near towers we at least would have had a chance, but as it was, just another promotion loss.
Start playing split push champs, lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Start playing split push champs, lol.
I used to try playing Zed a lot for towers and stuff. I tried playing mid for the damage and so forth. I have not found anyone who works reliably.

For the third time in a row, excepting the one game that SHOULD have been lost except for the enemy ragequit, I go like 70% wins, then lose 4-5 in a row when the gold promotion starts. It is bizarre. At least I played horribly in two of them this time so two of them were legitimate losses instead of "master yi suicides on the nexus and platinum player suicides into enemy team" losses.

tm24

Played jungle nocturne for the first time in ranked. He's so fun. Tried spending a little bit more time in the jungle and basically outmuscled a nasus who had multiple failed ganks on a panth that just carried hard. Finished at 6/3/14. Paranoia is such a fun ult. Great for defensive purposes too. Got a caitlyn to preemptively net every single time before diving in and just wrecked the back line

I know right? Had so many Rivens in my games the last few days.

Always a case of the law of inverse TF/Shaco too. Dominates on the enemy team, feeds on your team :/

Had a pretty bad experience in a ranked match.

A duo was in the bunch as the 2nd and 5th pick. The 3rd pick declared the role he wanted (mid) and picked it (Ahri). The duo protested because the last pick guy wanted to play mid..."we're duo so we have priority"...so he picked a mid anyway (Fizz). They then declared they would throw the game, which they did while whining the whole match (25 minutes without end). The other 3 of us tried to make something work, but the trolling and intentional feeding was too great. "Fuk you guys. I can climb back up to Gold no problem." was his constant refrain.

Can people really only play one role? Pouting and griefing because you can't get a specific role because someone had an earlier pick than you and called it?

Had a pretty bad experience in a ranked match.

A duo was in the bunch as the 2nd and 5th pick. The 3rd pick declared the role he wanted (mid) and picked it (Ahri). The duo protested because the last pick guy wanted to play mid..."we're duo so we have priority"...so he picked a mid anyway (Fizz). They then declared they would throw the game, which they did while whining the whole match (25 minutes without end). The other 3 of us tried to make something work, but the trolling and intentional feeding was too great. "Fuk you guys. I can climb back up to Gold no problem." was his constant refrain.

Can people really only play one role? Pouting and griefing because you can't get a specific role because someone had an earlier pick than you and called it?

I just had the same thing last night. The worst part was that I duo'd with him. He was just a stranger who added me after me and another regular duo friend stomped a match a few days ago. He played okay in that match, and didn't talk. He kept badgering me to duo so I went ahead.

Holy cow he talks TOO much. I asked him what roles he can play and he said top and ADC and can't play anything else. How are you Gold 4 again? He was third pick, calls top, but the first two picks went Top and ADC. His rage starts from here. He goes jungle Vi, picks Exhaust+Ignite and starts with boots. Basically told our ADC and Top that he'll never gank their lanes while constantly trashtalking them. Me and my ADC gets 4-man teleganked. I died but I managed to save our Cait. The Vi now calls me a bronze noob trash and starts berating me throughout the game. He then quickly gets into an argument on some of the enemy team. He kept doing Q-Rs alone into enemy teams then rages at us not being there.

That man had issues. After the game, and while he was queueing alone, I told him he needs to fix his attitude and I reported him. He then calls me a noob and tells me an obvious fake story that he reported me too. Deleted that person afterwards. I like to keep my friendlist free from any trashtalkers / negative people no matter their skill level. I'd rather play with a bad but friendly player.

I have never seen so much raging from one person in one game, and I have over 2000 matches now.

Type2

I feel like you should get one dodge per promotion. I'll try my damned hardest every game but sometimes you know straight from the lobby what you're in for.

I almost want a reroll like system for dodges. With strict limits of course.

I had no DC problems yesterday, just annoying lag.

Buuuut I was lucky enough that the last ranked match I played - which was just awful feeding all around - happened at the same time Riot turned off ranked, so I got the loss forgiven.

bjaelke

Fnatic article in WSJ

"For some games you have to be super fast, and at 24 or 25 you're past it, you're a veteran," says Mr. Sättermon, a former world champion in the game Counter Strike. "You don't realize your reflexes start to disappear, but you see it on the scoreboard.
"The peak age for a gamer will be 18 or 19," says Mr. Sättermon. "That's when you have the right balance between reflexes, the ability to understand the game and also enough maturity."
Well I guess that's it.

Ferga

casually winning the game. Go 4/0/7 on aatrox jungle. 3 levels ahead of the enemy jungler. Get my mid and bot lane fed. We push and get mid inhib. All is swell. We get baron, ready to push for the win.

Then for no fucking reason, our top lane ghosts into the enemy 1v5 and gives a 500g bounty to vayne. Does this 4 times and we end up losing.

What the fuck is wrong with some people?

I don't fucking understand

Edwardo

This was one of the things that confused me when I started playing. I played years and years of Dota before League, and it was always common for anyone to be able to play anywhere on the map. I mean, players were better with certain heroes, but it definitely was nowhere near as drastic as it is in League.

Garen is too skinny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom