• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
She's in the Zyra situation right now, really strong support but underwhelming AP mid. Not sure what they're going for still. She needs to be one or the other I think, and I'll probably play her as support.
the little I've seen of her she's really underwhelming, never has a strong presence in lane or teamfights, etc.

zyra on the other hand excels at both, even if she's a bit on the weak side.

She's a good poke support. The few times I've played her support I've been able to bully hard because of her base damages and the short cooldown of Q. She needs to build a bit of AP though.

I was laned against a Draven and Karma yesterday, where the enemy had a Vlad mid and a jungle Lee so they gave Karma blue, and it was the most horrifying early game lane I ever played against. She went for an early void staff after sightstone and then built support items and she had a tonne of presence in fights.

zkylon

zkylewd
She's a good poke support. The few times I've played her support I've been able to bully hard because of her base damages and the short cooldown of Q. She needs to build a bit of AP though.

I was laned against a Draven and Karma yesterday, where the enemy had a Vlad mid and a jungle Lee so they gave Karma blue, and it was the most horrifying early game lane I ever played against. She went for an early void staff after sightstone and then built support items and she had a tonne of presence in fights.
you give me blue buff as sona and I'll be a terror in lane too :D

Urgh I need to stop playing ranked in the evening (EU-west).
Won 2 ranked games in a row in the afternoon and went ahead to lose 2 ranked games in the evening.

Anybody here willing to view one of my replays to see where I can improve?
Because honestly I lose so many games where I seriously feel like there is nothing I could've done. I usually play mid or top and I NEVER lose my lane (asin I never feed an enemy 3 kills or something). That doesn't mean I always win it though. I usually win toplane with either Teemo, Elise or Jax. Sometimes when I play middle it feels like a tie until one of us starts roaming to get ahead of the other.
When I'm mid I ALWAYS go to roam to help a losing lane, which usually is botlane (also often premades </3). I only roam when I'm ahead in my own lane though but usually the enemy will still continue to push and take my mid tower while I'm gone helping other lanes.
Then comes the moment where everything should be warded while it isn't. Since mid tower is down, mid will start roaming. I tell my teammates this but 90% of the time there is no response. I almost always take 1 ward with me every time I go back and I ward near purple wraiths or near dragon. Or when toplane doesn't ward when they should I might ward top river for them after getting blue or something.
Specially with Jax winning your lane is so damn easy, but even as 7-2-1 Jax I wasn't able to turn games around. I need lessons in how to carry when fed T_T

I'm so sick of people saying the loss is my fault because I'm 3-4 at the 25 minute mark while I was 3-0 in lane and ended up dying in situations which are caused by other losing lanes.
The only thing I know I can improve on is CSing but I feel like I wont improve that much more on it.

tl;dr: I usually win lane, but cant win the game even though I do my best to help other lanes with my own advantage.

There is a replay option?
I would really like to have a second look at some of my games.

Also don't think too hard about what your team does wrong, all you can fix are your own mistakes. I lost 2 games yesterday, which I felt were undeserved, one as a 19:2 Evelynn and another as a 14:1 Ashe, but in retrospect I can think of ways how I could have turned them into wins.

zkylon

zkylewd

Also don't think too hard about what your team does wrong, all you can fix are your own mistakes. I lost 2 games yesterday, which I felt were undeserved, one as a 19:2 Evelynn and another as a 14:1 Ashe, but in retrospect I can think of ways how I could have turned them into wins.
http://www.leaguereplays.com/download/

doesn't work all that well anymore, but it's something until an official version exists

Ragnamith

Well yeah, you're right.
It's better to watch my own mistakes closely and do something about them rather than being MINDBLOWN by my team mates mistakes and behaviour.

LOLreplay is a pretty good program. I've never had any crashing problems with it but for some people it makes their game crash at the loading screen. I think that's a Windows 8 problem though.
It can even record your matches in spectator mode, really nice to look at those if you wonder what your enemy was doing.
Beware though, when you have it run at startup and never really look back to it you should delete the replay files every now and then, they can take up a lot of space if you play a lot.

bjaelke

Patching NA vs EUW
NA
Quote:
04/10/13 03:05 PDT - Maintenance is complete. See you on the fields of Justice!
04/10/13 02:00 PDT - Maintenance is underway!

EUW
Quote: 11:15 BST - The platform is in the process of being restarted, we appologize again for the delay and hope to have this back up within the hour.
10:49 BST - We have located the source of the issue, unfortunatly we will need to close the platform again briefly while we work on resolving this.
10:40 BST - We are aware of the unknown error when attempting to login as well as games not starting. We have our team looking into the issue and hope to have it resolved ASAP.
10:15 BST - Maintenance is complete! See you on the Fields of Justice!
9:30 BST - Maintenance is nearly complete.
9:00 BST - Maintenance is ongoing.
8:30 BST - Maintenance is ongoing.
8:00 BST - Maintenance is ongoing.
7:30 BST - Maintenance is ongoing.
7:00 BST - Maintenance is ongoing.
6:30 BST - Maintenance is ongoing.
5:50 BST - We are still working on applying the update.
4:31 BST - We’re still performing the maintenance.
4:01 BST - Servers are set to offline for maintenance.
2:32 BST - Ranked queues have been disabled in preparation for the update.
:(

garath

Elder lizard nerf day. I'm still going to play Vi dammit. My confidence has been pretty shaken with her lately though. Got stomped a couple games. Went from 8-1 in ranked with her to like 9-5. Going to have to work on a new build path though. Rushing elder lizard after the nerf might not be optimal. I don't like building her straight tanky. She needs at least 1 damage item. Maybe go back to rushing brutalizer to later finish cleaver. Dunno.

daxy

Been thinking of getting a Tear/Archangels over Chalice/Athene's on Zyra mid. Haven't tried it yet, but the extra AP certainly wouldn't hurt. Chalice seems like the main way to build her from what I've seen. Any reason not to go for Tear then?

Ashhong

Is there any indication of Riot overhauling their client program? Adobe Air is such a piece of shit. I realize that it's a big undertaking I'm sure, just wondering if they've ever mentioned doing it sometime ever.

in other news, dota2 doesnt have more players than league

I'm not sure about the whole thing but either way this means stronger competition!

Is there any indication of Riot overhauling their client program? Adobe Air is such a piece of shit. I realize that it's a big undertaking I'm sure, just wondering if they've ever mentioned doing it sometime ever.

I feel that Riot takes pretty good care of its user base and when there's a large ...outcry? for something it usually gets taken care of (although that might be soon(tm)).

And I think somewhere in the bowels of the engineering floor they've got guys on it but if I had to guess, the majority of their resources is still on getting recordings to work.

Oh and Nome.. what are those cool things that are coming to Dominion and TT? You should let little 'ol GAF know first. :)

erragal

Sorry for that janna game last night. Hell even the other 2 games I should have done so much more. Really lost my feel for SR and out of my league against those players. Sorry for bringing you guys down; gonna retire from SR completely.

At least aram queues are coming.

garath

They've invested a lot into the adobe air client. Especially considering they keep adding new features to it (like the replays), I sincerely doubt they are going to replace it any time soon.

There's no guarantee anything they create would be any more stable anyways. Anecdotal but I can't really remember having any major problems with the client before. I also haven't done any lolreplays or anything like that.

Worst that has happened is once I wasn't able to ban champs I didn't own. Those type of issues are pretty isolated though.

bjaelke

Indeed they are, indeed they are.

A1mOcKZ.png

Ashhong

They've invested a lot into the adobe air client. Especially considering they keep adding new features to it (like the replays), I sincerely doubt they are going to replace it any time soon.

There's no guarantee anything they create would be any more stable anyways. Anecdotal but I can't really remember having any major problems with the client before. I also haven't done any lolreplays or anything like that.

Worst that has happened is once I wasn't able to ban champs I didn't own. Those type of issues are pretty isolated though.

Way too often, my client just randomly crashes mid game. It lags my game for a while, and then boom "Adobe Air has crashed". I uninstalled LOLreplay and it still happens sometimes. After the last patch I was getting it every single game until I manually updated Adobe Air and copy/pasted it into the LOL folder.

I know absolutely nothing about programming, but I find it weird that they used it at all instead of making your own client like a normal game. Is it just easier to make a program if you base it off something like AIR?

I know absolutely nothing about programming, but I find it weird that they used it at all instead of making your own client like a normal game. Is it just easier to make a program if you base it off something like AIR?
It's faaaar more convenient to write for higher-level platforms like AIR. It could as easily happen to the "normal game".

Ashhong

It's faaaar more convenient to write for higher-level platforms like AIR. It could as easily happen to the "normal game".

I like to think that it's all AIR's fault, but I guess it's just Riots fault. Can't remember the last time Starcraft 2 or any game on Steam has crashed for me :/ Oh well

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I like to think that it's all AIR's fault, but I guess it's just Riots fault. Can't remember the last time Starcraft 2 or any game on Steam has crashed for me :/ Oh well

Dota 2/Steam crashed on me last night mid-game. I've never had LoL crash out of a game. I think the Adobe Air client is just a lot lighter in terms of CPU strain than most other clients.

I do agree that it's a pretty shitty client though, I really like the way the Dota 2 dashboard/menu is set up.

I've had huuuuuuge problems with the client crashing, particularly after the latest patch.

So many bug splats.

Dat Barrier.

Not sure why but I've seen more supports grab Ignite. Doesn't make sense since you are more likely to take the kill with it.

Because ignite is still really strong in lane, and allows the ADC to take a defensive summoner. If ignite is used at the start of a fight that isn't really an issue, but yeah it will happen some times.

Better the support pick up the kill than the ADC dying before he gets the chance to get it though.

Ashhong

Dota 2/Steam crashed on me last night mid-game. I've never had LoL crash out of a game. I think the Adobe Air client is just a lot lighter in terms of CPU strain than most other clients.

I do agree that it's a pretty shitty client though, I really like the way the Dota 2 dashboard/menu is set up.

What do you mean "crash out of a game"? AIR doesn't crash for me when I'm not in an actual game, only in the middle of one. It's weird, since AIR isnt even being used at that point I believe (maybe wrong?)

I've had huuuuuuge problems with the client crashing, particularly after the latest patch.

So many bug splats.

Go to Adobe and download the official AIR update, and then copy paste the folder into the proper LOL directory

Because ignite is still really strong in lane, and allows the ADC to take a defensive summoner. If ignite is used at the start of a fight that isn't really an issue, but yeah it will happen some times.

Better the support pick up the kill than the ADC dying before he gets the chance to get it though.

You don't want to use the ignite at the beginning of the fight though, as people usually heal towards the end.

You don't want to use the ignite at the beginning of the fight though, as people usually heal towards the end.

Well not the very beginning, but a couple of seconds or so in. If you're going all-in enough to burn summoner spells though you're really looking to get the kill and not let them heal though.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What do you mean "crash out of a game"? AIR doesn't crash for me when I'm not in an actual game, only in the middle of one. It's weird, since AIR isnt even being used at that point I believe (maybe wrong?)

Oh really? I've never had the AIR client crash ever, it's been really stable for me actually. I used to have issues back in closed beta but that was like in 2009.

y2dvd

So many bug splats.

Exhaust is still better because you can use it both offensively and defensively. Ignite is not going to stop an assassin from getting to your carry like exhaust can.

Exhaust is still better because you can use it both offensively and defensively. Ignite is not going to stop an assassin from getting to your carry like exhaust can.

That's why the ADC can take barrier or exhaust to get the people off them without relying on the support who has to concentrate on the entire team.

garath

Sorry for that janna game last night. Hell even the other 2 games I should have done so much more. Really lost my feel for SR and out of my league against those players. Sorry for bringing you guys down; gonna retire from SR completely.

I have no idea what the games looked like but don't be too hard on yourself. I've botched some GAF games pretty hard awhile ago and they still invite me on occasion (well at least nutty does) :) The game is an "always learning" sort of thing.

I'd like to think I'd be a much more productive GAF teammate now but I'm enjoying ranked.

garath

Tried Leona for the first time last night and promptly bought her, leaving me broke.

She's amazing!

She is so much fun. I love playing as her but she's tougher in solo queue. Need a good adc that can follow up on your initiations otherwise you're just roaming around doing nothing.

Ashhong

She is so much fun. I love playing as her but she's tougher in solo queue. Need a good adc that can follow up on your initiations otherwise you're just roaming around doing nothing.

Yea she's really tough in the early game in solo. But as long as I get some tacky items in she is just an unstoppable force in team fights late game. Love that triple stun.

Saw it on a stream/tournament, must be best choice!

I saw Voyboy play AD bruiser Karma. New meta incoming. /jk

So I was trying to get into a normal game when one of the people on my team dodged because nobody wanted to jungle. Fact of the matter is, I was half-tempted to pick up the role just to make him happy. Then he bailed. Does this happen often?

Xetherion

When you get into higher-level games having a jungler is pretty much a requirement. If the enemy team has one and your team doesn't, they will get ahead of you in levels quickly due to having basically 3 solo laners opposed to your one solo. I would dodge too if we didn't have a jungler on my team, except I would just be the jungler myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom