• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the sudden surge in Annie support?

EDIT: Let's see.
Do you think that most standard supports are far weaker than necessary? Or do their inherently strong abilities and mechanics require that they be weak?

There are definitely some that would be too powerful if they were viable in top lane. You can see this in ARAM: because there's a much more even distribution of gold and experience, it's a good way of seeing what a support would be like coming into team fights with equivalent gold and experience to everyone else. I don't have a ton of ARAM experience, but from what I've seen Leona and Janna with sufficient gold actually become pretty terrifying.

The main design choice for dedicated supports is to give them abilities with very strong basic utility (CC), good scaling by skill points invested, and poor scaling from AD/AP. The thing that muddies the waters is when you have champions like Zyra, Annie, or Fiddlesticks who weren't originally designed for support play show up in the role, as they're often coming in with mid-lane design (better scaling based on skill points invested, much better AP ratios, etc.).

There's kind of an awkward situation that results, as on the one hand it would be nice to see these champions tweaked to be dedicated supports, but on the other hand it would leave out people who want to still play them in their traditional roles.

drawkcaB

Royal club went Annie support in the semi finals.

That and it's actually enjoyable.

Imperfected said:
There's kind of an awkward situation that results, as on the one hand it would be nice to see these champions tweaked to be dedicated supports

Ugh, please no. Even though these champs are actually interesting to play as supports they're still more enjoyable in their traditional roles. Heaven forbid that any champ who's played legitimately at support be allowed to violate any other portion of Summoner's Rift.

(Good AP ratios on a champ who won't be picking up AP in any significant amount, if at all, isn't a real problem.)

LCGeek

formerly sane
Everyone should start posting about good games they have on solo queue as well to balance things out.

It can come off as bragging, not saying those who do it are but unless a lot in the thread don't mind it can have an unintended effect.

For instance I've won my last 5 ranked game but have lost the last 3 normals.

Also if you really want to win the solo queue you either have to be super good with a diverse groups if you're alone. If you duo I find taking away the bad spots, mid and adc helps a ton. Since I started playing with achtius, zero, and toosuto in ranked I've changed in my win rates from the last few seasons. In a week or two I will be gold after that who knows but you can get up in ranked you just have to play the system and grind.

Merc if you can see this I told you annie support was a bad ass idea, took people months to see it.

Newt I agree with that assertion. I just like bot and in general I dominate it quite a bit in dota when I played it and for hon mid or jungling is my preference despite being able to go anywhere in that game as well. The problem is we can't force players to actually get out of their zone and it really mucks things up. I'm almost avoid the normal queue unless I have enough premades cause people don't fill properly. Had a 5 adc game last night and it soley cause of duos who saw me and another user call that spot but couldn't switch to something else.

garath

New sale:

Blackthorn Morgana 675 RP

Redeemed Riven 487 RP

Battlecast Xerath 260 RP

Add these champions to your roster, on sale for a limited time:
Diana 487 RP

Yorick 440 RP

Corki 395 RP

Blackthorn Morgana is awesome. Wish she was more viable.

Snowman

It can come off as bragging, not saying those who do it are but unless a lot in the thread don't mind it can have an unintended effect.

For instance I've won my last 5 ranked game but have lost the last 3 normals.

Really? Who cares if you brag about a good game you have on League?

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yeah. Right before they added the 1350 tier they discounted most of the skins they were going to bump up. I picked it up myself at that time just cause it's an awesome skin.

Yea but Morgana is such a boring champion to play now that we have champs like Zed, Lissandra, and Khazix. Morg is just so one dimensional.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Really? Who cares if you brag about a good game you have on League?

You don't but I've seen it in the community there is reason certain official or popular forums discourage those kinds of pics and have rules on them. Here it's not a problem but this isn't the only place I post about league. I can start posting more screens again I just haven't been in the mood despite having really good performance as of late.

LCGeek

formerly sane
I miss the days when Morg was a decent pick.

Game evolved and she was just left in the dust with her no mobility, super passive kit.

She enjoyed 2 seasons and being a solid character some characters haven't even enjoyed half a season of being good. A lot people got left in the dust or haven't utilized well this season corki was considered to be shit.

Morg is another great support that isn't intended and some gaffers use various styles of her with me. Depending on the combo she has great utility plus shield. If you go with damage and if you have a good adc she can feed them quite well.

Why the fuck they gonna nerf Corki.

I hate you Riot, go die in a fire.

"What do we want to see after these changes?"

"Well, basically we want to see Trinity Force continue its ridiculous march, and one of the unintended buffs resulting from its power surge beaten back by sheer force of numbers."

The eternal ADC struggle.

There is a limited pool but the champion's role is needed, so they find the best ADC at the time (which is clear) and exploit the hell out of them in a tournament.

Riot thinks they are too strong and nerfs them into uselessness, then people switch to a different ADC and the cycle renews.

ADCs feel weaker than they've been in a long, long time as a result. The rise of assassins and the weakening of the viable champs killed it.

Leezard

If adcs were unviable, teams would run without adcs. You know, like teams ran without assassins during Season 2. Adcs were ridiculously strong in S2.

BlazinAm

The eternal ADC struggle.

There is a limited pool but the champion's role is needed, so they find the best ADC at the time (which is clear) and exploit the hell out of them in a tournament.

Riot thinks they are too strong and nerfs them into uselessness, then people switch to a different ADC and the cycle renews.

ADCs feel weaker than they've been in a long, long time as a result. The rise of assassins and the weakening of the viable champs killed it.

Wut?

Kenai

I don't feel like the ADC role is in any danger, but I was kinda getting tired of them releasing ones with such short range (Quinn and Lucian) since it's been a long time since we had a release like Corki and Ez and Cait who can play from farther away. Not since Varus anyway (and I don't really like Varus much)

I guess Jinx has some range to her though.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
gross, i think that annoying oracle icon floating over towers is going to make it into the game.

jerd

Damn if Jinx is in this patch doesn't that mean she'll likely be turned on this week? That seems to be the recent precedent anyway.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I knew Lucian's passive would hit another target. I wasn't hallucinating. I've been vindicated. AHA! Who has the last laugh now people who called me liars!

scy

I knew Lucian's passive would hit another target. I wasn't hallucinating. I've been vindicated. AHA! Who has the last laugh now people who called me liars!

I thought I told you it did hit another target based off of what part of his auto-attack animation he was in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom