• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly I don't know what more I could have done.

hKRqgXk.jpg

Still, it was fun having the entire enemy team chase/CC me down after I murdered their Cait and Diana and still be able to escape.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Honestly I don't know what more I could have done.

Still, it was fun having the entire enemy team chase/CC me down after I murdered their Cait and Diana and still be able to escape.
You could learn to last hit better. You could build better items instead of grabbing a Phantom Dancer.

Boken

Banned
You could learn to last hit better. You could build better items instead of grabbing a Phantom Dancer.

hey way to be mean and not consctructive

idlynmy:
hexgun thingy is pretty good on jax, but its super expensive. i think better jax items for damage are:
-botmfk
-trinity force

honourable mention:
-that AP/AD item with stacking AS% on hit (though this is more situational and depends on high sticking power...)

scy

Well, the last hitting bit is still true. ~40 minute game with 160 cs isn't that good.

And, yeah, Gunblade is a bit too expensive compared to Blade of the Ruined King. Phantom Dancer just isn't a good Jax item in general.

falastini

Man... if CoL could only figure out how to close games. They usually have strong starts, then fall off and lose. And pr0lly should be NA MVP for mixing it up.

Skins were expensive enough at 975 RP, but now a lot of skins will cost more than the champions themselves, which is silly. Most of the skins they're increasing the price of aren't very good, and if they qualify for the 1350 tier, we should all expect to get ripped off going forward.

Yeah, when that dawned on me, it became obvious how stupid this is. Charging more for a champ where your completely reworking them (mech Cho or Khaxix) is understandable. But charging more then the actual champion because you changed a few textures?

And their new pricing of the skins is inconstant with their reasoning. There's a bunch of skins that are similar in design (minimal difference in textures or animation) but priced differently. The only discrepancy is in their popularity. They're obviously pricing them in higher tiers because they're popular... not because they required extra effort to make.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah my CS is a sticking point in general, but the laning phase kinda ended early when my team was getting constantly ganked so I had to go help out. It got hard to farm late game too because the enemy team would just roam as a group.

And yeah I don't know why I built PD, I generally build that on most characters for whatever reason. I'll focus on BotRK and TF next time.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah my CS is a sticking point in general, but the laning phase kinda ended early when my team was getting constantly ganked so I had to go help out. It got hard to farm late game too because the enemy team would just roam as a group.

And yeah I don't know why I built PD, I generally build that on most characters for whatever reason. I'll focus on BotRK and TF next time.
bjork is super good on jax: lifesteal, attackspeed and a slow active are all things any jax wants.

zkylon

zkylewd
ZqKuvD2.jpg

the skins that go up in price.

only ice malph I want/I don't have outta those, but still.

and dat ass irelia being 1350 still makes 0 sense

LuuKyK

So I bought Syndra full price like, last week. And she will be on sale tomorrow. -_- I saw someone here got a refund from Riot in a similar situation? What do I have to do exactly?

zkylon

zkylewd
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=36615250#36615250

Hey all,

So we made a mistake with Surprise Party Fiddlesticks where we didn’t take into account our previous promises – for that we apologize and we’ve decided not to increase the price of Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. He will remain permanently (for real this time) on sale for 975 RP.

The rest of the changes will proceed as scheduled. Here are my thoughts:

These changes are about providing more transparency and fairness in how skins are priced, and doing so with sufficient notice to prepare.
As before, the majority of skins will be released at 975, and we will continue to push the envelope of quality at each tier.
This isn’t about making Riot more money. The 79 skin prices that are being lowered actually produce more sales than the 17 that are being increased.
There will be more 750 skins released this year than 1350 skins, including five very cool 750 skins before the end of June...

As with other eCommerce initiatives in the past several months (champion price changes, rune page sales, self service refunds, gifting, legacy skin sale), this change was intended to make things better for players, not worse. As always, we are open to constructive feedback!

-Hippalus

ok they removed surprise party fiddle from the 1350 list.

only 17 to go.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's really dumb is that after arcade sona and megaman lux I was starting to feel really good about the 975rp price tag and was planning on buying even more without waiting for sales since they were all so good.

but now, it just feels dirty to go for the 1350rp (though I'll still do it if it's good enough).

such a shitty and unneeded move overall, but seeing all that dota2 hat money falling through their fingers might be giving heartaches...

Ken

what's really dumb is that after arcade sona and megaman lux I was starting to feel really good about the 975rp price tag and was planning on buying even more without waiting for sales since they were all so good.

but now, it just feels dirty to go for the 1350rp (though I'll still do it if it's good enough).

such a shitty and unneeded move overall, but seeing all that dota2 hat money falling through their fingers might be giving heartaches...

we make 975 rp skins great and high quality and worth your money!
oh no these skins are too good for just 975! here have them for 1350.

zkylon

zkylewd
we make 975 rp skins great and high quality and worth your money!
oh no these skins are too good for just 975! here have them for 1350.
it actually makes the skin better because it's now priced accordingly to its value!

maybe you didn't know it but you kids wanted to pay more all along

jerd

Do many here on GAF play Twisted Treeline at all? I have played it pretty much exclusively since I started, but have never heard it talked about in the LoL threads.

Kacar

Do many here on GAF play Twisted Treeline at all? I have played it pretty much exclusively since I started, but have never heard it talked about in the LoL threads.

Its the inferior mode. Easily snowballed and almost impossible to come back from a deficit is what I've seen of it, really low champion pool that is effective for it if you want to play it competitively.

Just bought Vi about a week ago, I'm now 5/1 with her in ranked. She is a fucking boss, I think I'm in love.

Boken

Banned
TT has great ideas, and is heavily teamwork dependant

but yeah, thats its curse too. too much team work required, and i dont read anybodys mind. that and still too many bruisers

jerd

Its the inferior mode. Easily snowballed and almost impossible to come back from a deficit is what I've seen of it, really low champion pool that is effective for it if you want to play it competitively.

Valid points for the most part (I don't agree with it being impossible to recover from a deficit), but I really enjoy the faster pace, earlier team fights, and the feeling of more of the outcome directly depending on your performance. SR just hasn't clicked with me yet. Anyway, if there are any gaffers on TT I would love to know.

TT has great ideas, and is heavily teamwork dependant

but yeah, thats its curse too. too much team work required, and i dont read anybodys mind. that and still too many bruisers

Voice chat helps a lot if you're playing with friends, and in solo queue you really have to stay on your teammates (politely) about remembering to ping. I've noticed it is a lot better in higher levels, but people do forget. The game is definitely balanced for 5's, and as a result you don't see quite the champion variety. I still have a lot of fun with it, but it is just a personal preference. I wouldn't mind learning to play SR, but I'm so out of touch with the meta and the flow of the game so it is tough to contribute very much whenever I do play, so I usually just stick with what I know in TT.

I wish TT didn't have those altars. That's a strange solution.

I thought about this the other day, and I really think they are necessary. They add a completely new dimension to the game in that there is basically a game of capture the flag occurring in the middle of your match. They also force team fights a lot, provide ambush opportunities, and seem to make up for the missing jungle buffs.

Kacar

I agree with the altars thing and the buffs that they gave are what ruined it for me.

Actually at the tail end of S2 me and some buddies powered our way to gold in it so we could have a cool border in at least one gametype and also get the Janna skin. But it soured on me in S3.

I thought about this the other day, and I really think they are necessary. They add a completely new dimension to the game in that there is basically a game of capture the flag occurring in the middle of your match. They also force team fights a lot, provide ambush opportunities, and seem to make up for the missing jungle buffs.
They probably are necessary, that's why I said solution. I just think they could come up with a more elegant solution. That extra "dimension" is not attractive.

Ferga

So after being abused all game by the jungler and bot lane, i decided to explain myself and my top's scores and why i lost both of my towers at 20minutes in. (Our jungler was bot all game and managed to get 6 kills overall so he is feeling a bit proud):

Me: "I lost mid because it was essentially a 2v1 lane since their enemy jungler tower dived me non stop for the entire game whenever her ult was up. And you know, I can't dodge a Vi ult. I would of appreciated some help. Getting 6 kills at bot is great but repeat kills aren't that great"

Ally jungle: YOU FUCKING SUCK. BUY SOME WARDS NOOB.

Me: "I bought 2 wards every time I was in base. You can check the log if you want"

Ally jungle: YOU MUST SUCK THEN. IGNORED.

And that jungler was a platinum player.

Ken

So after being abused all game by the jungler and bot lane, i decided to explain myself and my top's scores and why i lost both of my towers at 20minutes in. (Our jungler was bot all game and managed to get 6 kills overall so he is feeling a bit proud):

Me: "I lost mid because it was essentially a 2v1 lane since their enemy jungler tower dived me non stop for the entire game whenever her ult was up. And you know, I can't dodge a Vi ult. I would of appreciated some help. Getting 6 kills at bot is great but repeat kills aren't that great"

Ally jungle: YOU FUCKING SUCK. BUY SOME WARDS NOOB.

Me: "I bought 2 wards every time I was in base. You can check the log if you want"

Ally jungle: YOU MUST SUCK THEN. IGNORED.

And that jungler was a platinum player.

hey man

ignored.

someone teach me how to sven.

Boken

Banned
He has a low cd sejuani ult what do you need to be taught

Use mask of madness then kill everything
Combine with magnataur or enigma for fun times

Ken

is that like liandryies

he already has a mask why does he need another

boekn i dont think you know how masks work

ignored.

ps fiddlesticks jungle free elo

WARCOCK

Banned
Add me ! Username is warcack. I'm silver 4, was around 1350 last season. I'm very average, i play pretty much almost only adc well, would love to practice and play with neogaffers. It's the only game i play cuz of skool :(

Inskipp

He has a low cd sejuani ult what do you need to be taught

Use mask of madness then kill everything
Combine with magnataur or enigma for fun times
Isn't Armlet a better alternative for Sven? I'd figure since he's a STR- hero it would sync better than mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom