• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT4| No Country for Old Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
The price increase on skins just seems like a total fuck you to the community. They already make an obscene amount of money on skins, and as time goes on it's expected that skins will naturally get better. Skins were expensive enough at 975 RP, but now a lot of skins will cost more than the champions themselves, which is silly. Most of the skins they're increasing the price of aren't very good, and if they qualify for the 1350 tier, we should all expect to get ripped off going forward.

I've spent a hell of a lot of money on skins, because I feel the pricing was just at the right spot at 975. Not too much, not too little for the quality of skins they were releasing. I don't even mind chucking a bit of extra money at them for Legendaries from time to time. I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to drop 1350 on skins of that quality. Mecha Kha' Zix, sure I will and I did, because it was sufficiently worth it. I guess iBlitzcrank is too. But Wildfire Zyra? Soul Reaver Draven? Skins even older than that? Surprise Party Fids (which was supposed to remain at 975 forever)? Nope, not going to happen.

It just seems like pure greed to me. I was happy supporting Riot at the prices stuff was before, but I'm not regularly paying more than the price of a champion for these skins.

The price increase on skins just seems like a total fuck you to the community. They already make an obscene amount of money on skins, and as time goes on it's expected that skins will naturally get better. Skins were expensive enough at 975 RP, but now a lot of skins will cost more than the champions themselves, which is silly. Most of the skins they're increasing the price of aren't very good, and if they qualify for the 1350 tier, we should all expect to get ripped off going forward.

I've spent a hell of a lot of money on skins, because I feel the pricing was just at the right spot at 975. Not too much, not too little for the quality of skins they were releasing. I don't even mind chucking a bit of extra money at them for Legendaries from time to time. I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to drop 1350 on skins of that quality. Mecha Kha' Zix, sure I will and I did, because it was sufficiently worth it. I guess iBlitzcrank is too. But Wildfire Zyra? Soul Reaver Draven? Skins even older than that? Surprise Party Fids (which was supposed to remain at 975 forever)? Nope, not going to happen.

It just seems like pure greed to me. I was happy supporting Riot at the prices stuff was before, but I'm not regularly paying more than the price of a champion for these skins.

They're doing this because they know you will pay money for it.

The cries of fans mean little when you're swimming in green.

daxy

I feel the same way. Their picks seem pretty random as well. Yes, Wildfire Zyra gets moved to 1350, yet Cryocore Brand stays at 975?

I bet they're gonna justify/make launch skins at 1350 too. Should've moved the reskins to 750 and leave the good stuff like Full Metal Jayce at 975. I'll definitely not be throwing 1350 at a skin. I find the legendary stuff obscene already. PFE is just gross (even though I caved and got it with the launch discount).

Maybe they're seeing Valve make $35 off of skin sets and decided they want some of that. At least there you have all champions at your disposal from the get go.

Maybe they're seeing Valve make $35 off of skin sets and decided they want some of that. At least there you have all champions at your disposal from the get go.

At least you can get those for free, and trade for stuff. I've spent $2.50 on Dota and have at least a 100$ worth of items(based on the store prices).

Inskipp

I thought Riot said that they'd keep Surprise Party fiddle at 975rp forever, since it was part of LoL's anniversary thingamajig.

Don't really care about the rest of them though. Having lion dance kog in for future sales however, is nice.

I feel the same way. Their picks seem pretty random as well. Yes, Wildfire Zyra gets moved to 1350, yet Cryocore Brand stays at 975?

I bet they're gonna justify/make launch skins at 1350 too. Should've moved the reskins to 750 and leave the good stuff like Full Metal Jayce at 975. I'll definitely not be throwing 1350 at a skin. I find the legendary stuff obscene. PFE is just gross (even though I caved and got it with the launch discount).

Sure, but the difference in Valve's case and why it's more acceptable for cosmetic stuff to be more expensive is because customisation is more nuanced, and all the heroes are free. Asking for almost €10 for a skin on top of the price of a champion is obscene.

If all the champs were free I wouldn't have a problem with this, but they aren't and them making the skins more expensive just feels shitty and unwarranted.

It's so consumer-unfriendly from a company I've found to generally be the opposite, from my experience.

scy

I'll wait and see what the first 1350 will be (probably the Anivia one). I personally think people are overreacting for the time being but eh. Who knows.

Damn Riot and their price increases. Screw this game. They ignore dominion and leave the community to rot, destroy characters and play styles, and balance on a whim.

They leaving Kassadin to run rampant in Dominion, they killed my AD Kayle with their nerfs, they gave her a half baked skin called it "legendary" and asked for ridiculous amounts of money, and now they're increasing prices, because eff it might as well make another couple million. Not to mention the absolutely shoddy Karma remake.

No more. Not spending another penny. For me this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Anyone want a Doat2 key? PM me.

I'll wait and see what the first 1350 will be (probably the Anivia one). I personally think people are overreacting for the time being but eh. Who knows.

The Anivia one is Legendary.

They leaving Kassadin to run rampant in Dominion, they killed my AD Kayle with their nerfs, they gave her a half baked skin called it "legendary" and asked for ridiculous amounts of money, and now they're increasing prices, because eff it might as well make another couple million. Not to mention the absolutely shoddy Karma remake.

I actually think the Legendary Kayle skin is really good. It's why I bought it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There is no way that Anivia skin is 1350. It has new dance, taunt, etc. animations and new voice work.
Damn Riot and their price increases. Screw this game. They ignore dominion and leave the community to rot, destroy characters and play styles, and balance on a whim.

They literally just said they're nerfing certain champs in Dominion.

zkylon

zkylewd
sexy chubby shop window

bigshop.jpg

Ferga

Where is spirit Udyr? :(

I want to give Riot my money but they aren't letting me.

This curse vs col game. Support kayle and Janna mid? 2v2 at bot and 1v1 at top? Woah

kSt

And I thought they will adjust prices to put them in the impulse buy territory. Welp, if they don't want my money, they won't get them.

By the way, 7 runepage bundle was stealthy removed from the shop. Not that I'll need more runepages ever after getting that double pack, but this might be important for someone.

Opiate

Where is spirit Udyr? :(

I want to give Riot my money but they aren't letting me.

This curse vs col game. Support kayle and Janna mid? 2v2 at bot and 1v1 at top? Woah

It's a great game if anyone is watching. Janna mid was very strong, CoL pulled out a 7k gold lead early, but Curse is slowly, relentlessly clawing back in. Curse is down 2k now, and they have Twitch going in to late game.

Edit: gold now even.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a great game if anyone is watching. Janna mid was very strong, CoL pulled out a 7k gold lead early, but Curse is slowly, relentlessly clawing back in. Curse is down 2k now, and they have Twitch going in to late game.

Edit: gold now even.
prolly singlehandedly makes lcs na entertaining.

edit: dat voyboy ga juke

LCGeek

formerly sane

No more. Not spending another penny. For me this is the straw that broke the camel's back.

Then don't play these kinds of games.

The balance is always changing and I could bitch all day about various ADC nerfs or glitches that never get fixed as well. Play for the comp or the fun if you get locked in to one style loses the meaning of why this type of game is really fun.

zkylon

zkylewd
yo the LCS thread is totally here
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=512106&page=8

its not my fault im australian and cant watch the games

______

tbh i think the RP increase on skins is a PR nightmare

but if you buy a new 520 and a 1375, you actually paid less rp!

there are some decent 520's
it makes no sense, if this wasn't the worst community in videogame history (aside from this lovely thread) I'd figure the backlash would've been immense.

prices for VIRTUAL ITEMS going up. the nerve.

is this part of the game
is it in SR
it's in PBE, that's all I know.

And lost again to Afk, that makes 3 times in the last 6 games.
That Sona left on lvl 11 and didnt return in the 30 mins we held the game (we were winning pretty hard before) I was a 16/11/31 Ashe in the end, I could have had good stats qq

Boken

Banned
That Sona left on lvl 11 and didnt return in the 30 mins we held the game (we were winning pretty hard before) I was a 16/11/31 Ashe in the end, I could have had good stats qq

sounds tough

_____

i wish i bought glacial malphite on sale now!

and blackthorn morgana

shit

ironscale shyvanna is so moe though

so thats a plus

Subtle

I hate AFKers ): But, right now, I just legit won a 4v5 ranked game. Swain never connected and our jungler had to go mid. How we did it, no clue. We just won O:

Boken

Banned

I understand your point, but your sensationalism hurts you more than help you

are you tell yourself?

cos i have no idea how they killed ad kayle since she was like, not that good anyway
and ur crazy, that skin was amazing. made ur post look bad right there

Zhengi

I thought I'd ask this question here rather than start a new thread.

I've been wanting to record my LoL games to take a look at them later and see how well I did. I was wondering what recording software would be best to do this.

I know there is a program called Fraps. Is there any other ones or will this program do the trick? Thanks in advance.

I've been wanting to record my LoL games to take a look at them later and see how well I did. I was wondering what recording software would be best to do this.

I know there is a program called Fraps. Is there any other ones or will this program do the trick? Thanks in advance.

I think some people use LoLreplay(I never have), but I heard it was giving some problems lately.

zkylon

zkylewd

I use lolreplay to record the whole match in spectator mode format, then run fraps over the replay.

that way you don't get a performance hit for recording (which can really tank your fps, specially in teamfights) and I get a full match view without fog of war, from different angles, etc.

lolreplay is recently running a bit like shit tho, so don't expect every replay to work.

Thanks. This looks interesting. I'll wait until they fix the issues and then give it a try.
it's a pretty abandoned project now that riot announced their own replay system is in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom